no prep

no turing in to dragon

h2h only

#2 Posted by Imperfect_Cell (4022 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane.

#3 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15244 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by SinnTek1 (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Not easy at all.

I was going to say this fight can go either way.

IMO Liu Kang takes this narrowly though. Like VERY narrowly. (If he is not power amped, if Liu Kang is power amped, this is a mismatch.)

#5 Posted by Imperfect_Cell (4022 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15244 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by SinnTek1 (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much. IMO with rules, this is too close to call.

Liu Kang has potential to do some serious damage ( Power amped Liu Kang would put a fireball through his chest though. )

Base Liu Kang vs Base Bane would be an amazing fight though.

#8 Posted by Medusa_Merc (630 posts) - - Show Bio

The search function is a beautiful thing.

Let there be bump!

#9 Posted by pea55 (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu takes it!!!!

#10 Posted by MaZeRaIII (4725 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for symbiotepsychopath
#11 Posted by SymbiotePsychopath (304 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems Liu Kang secretes too much baby oil for Bane to get the proper grip needed to snap him like a dollar store balsa plane.

The angry Chinese guy wins.

#12 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

H2H only? Bane wins. Stronger, more durable, skilled enough to compete and is pretty dern tactical.

#13 Edited by schillenger420 (1633 posts) - - Show Bio

Lui Kang in an absolute murderstomp. Ordinarily, i'd agree this is a pretty decent fight as someone finally put up an MK character against someone who is theoretically street-level... on par... can give 'em a good fight. Unfortunately they chose to pit Kang against one of, if not THE biggest jobbers in all of comics. Bane's such a chump. Aunt may would beat him 10/10 due to the fact that if all else fails, the guy will slip on a banana peel and knock himself out. Bane's such a chump.

#14 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

Lui Kang in an absolute murderstomp. Ordinarily, i'd agree this is a pretty decent fight as someone finally put up an MK character against someone who is theoretically street-level... on par... can give 'em a good fight. Unfortunately they chose to pit Kang against one of, if not THE biggest jobbers in all of comics. Bane's such a chump. Aunt may would beat him 10/10 due to the fact that if all else fails, the guy will slip on a banana peel and knock himself out. Bane's such a chump.

Clearly trolling.

#15 Edited by schillenger420 (1633 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: No not really... Bane's just that bad. On paper he's awesome... but when used in a story is basically that guy who's used to show how good the hero's are. He's essentially an upjumped regular thug, who even when he's winning ALWAYS finds a way to lose. Again on paper he should be a beast. In story.... he's just another dude about to get beat down. And that's why I don't like him as a character. Frankly i'd write him as one of, if not the deadliest foes Batman has. That's what he SHOULD be.... but he's always someone else's henchman... and always just.... finds a way to lose. I reiterate.... the guy's a chump.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
#16 Posted by Bullet_to_the_Head (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by schillenger420 (1633 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullet_to_the_head: Maybe, but at least Croc's not supposed to be a genius. I can see Batman outsmarting him and therefor buy that. Bane on the other hand is supposed to be VERY smart.... yet even with all that intelligence..... jobs like a mofo.

#18 Posted by DeathHero61 (18766 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang can win this......

#19 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang

He's skilled enough to face Shao Kahn, Raiden, or any MK characters with Superpower.

Bane will seriously die if he try to fight Shao Kahn or Raiden

#20 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane. Liu has better striking power but I don't think there's enough to justify him being on Bane's tier of skill.

#22 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane. Liu has better striking power but I don't think there's enough to justify him being on Bane's tier of skill.

He's very skilled, He almost never turn into dragon but he can match-up with the like of Shao Kahn and Raiden

#23 Posted by RetconCrisis (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael said:
@highaccuser said:

He's very skilled, He almost never turn into dragon but he can match-up with the like of Shao Kahn and Raiden

He can match Shao Kahn and Raiden in stories in MK:Shaolin Monks using his powers, but here it's purely H2H and Bane is probably stronger and skilled. The problem is Liu may be too fast of Bane to get hold of.

#24 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: I don't think Shao and Raiden have many skill feats.

#25 Posted by JusticeWay (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Lui Kang has the edge on agility & speed , yet Bane has more endurance and is stronger physically .
Very tough battle , but I'll give it to Liu Kang .

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
#26 Posted by deactivated-59dfd33ed3601 (5575 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang

#27 Posted by Nufious (611 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu kang

#28 Edited by Fallingcliffs (5727 posts) - - Show Bio

LK beat Goro and others way more powerful then Bane and himself.

@nufious said:

Liu kang

#29 Posted by pea55 (533 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I think it's the other way around!!!!!

#30 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

@pea55: How so? Liu breaking diamonds proves that he hits harder than Bane but h has no skill showings to match Bane wrecking Nightwing or Killer Croc.

#31 Edited by pea55 (533 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

@pea55: How so? Liu breaking diamonds proves that he hits harder than Bane but h has no skill showings to match Bane wrecking Nightwing or Killer Croc.

Liu breaking diamonds, since when???? Liu beat Shao Khan, Goro, Shang, etc..... You need to play more MK!!!! Liu outshines Bane in the fighting skill department!!!!!

#32 Posted by pea55 (533 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

@pea55: He won the tournament which involves passing test your might which means he'd need to break diamonds.

I play plenty of MK. None of those people have skill feats on the level of Batman who Bane has proven to be on the same tier of skill compared to.

#34 Edited by ScotticusRex (636 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda want to say Bane, but I also can't bring myself to discount a guy who took on Shao Khan and punched a hole through him. I'll still give it to Bane, though.

#35 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: People Liu Kang faced in Mortal Kombat may not as skill as Bane but many of them will stomp Bane with their ability

#36 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: Then what does fighting them have to do with fighting Bane? It's not like Liu has any of their powers.

#37 Posted by chu42t (1224 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane, only if Kang isn't amped.

#38 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: Then what does fighting them have to do with fighting Bane? It's not like Liu has any of their powers.

Yeah but Liu Kang defeat them with only skill he got.

So Liu Kang is far more skill than Bane

I know it's a bold statement but Liu Kang has achieve many thing with his skill ( Achievement that Bane can just dream he would Achieve )

#39 Edited by pea55 (533 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

@pea55: He won the tournament which involves passing test your might which means he'd need to break diamonds.

I play plenty of MK. None of those people have skill feats on the level of Batman who Bane has proven to be on the same tier of skill compared to.

No, the diamond breaking is an in game challenge for us gamers. Kinda like the car crushing challenge in Street Fighter. If it's not in the canon storyline than its not valid.

1. Bane is not on the same level as Batman in terms skill.

2. Liu has plenty of cutscenes to determine his skill level, and if you played MK than you'd know that, or you can check youtube. It's not hard to find.

3. Bane only beat Batman through trickery.... everyone knows that!!!!!

#40 Posted by pea55 (533 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: That's ridiculous. Beating people with powers has nothing to do with beating skilled fighters.

#42 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

@pea55: I'm pretty sure Test Your Might has been identified as canon.

1. Yes he is or he wouldn't be able to fight him so evenly.

2. I've seen all the cutscenes there are. Nothin puts his skill on Batman's level or Bane's.

3. I'm not talking about Knightfall. They've had fights after that which were close and intense where none of Bane's trickery played a part.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
#43 Edited by onilordasmodeus (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

Arguments like these kind of bring the thread down. You clearly don't put MK's characters on the same level as DC, either because you are ignorant of them, or you just don't like them.

In h2h, Shang Tsung out classes Nightwing ridiculously. And Goro is just on a completely different level than Croc in terms of skill, ability, experience...everything. Liu beat those 2 characters in MK1, then went on to beat bigger and better bad guys in the latter games

...but none of that matters, again, either because you don't know anything about that, or you don't care.

Liu Kang dominates this fight, powers or no powers, but the OP has just stipulated that Kang can't turn into a dragon.

Loading Video...

Liu Kang would punch a hole through Bane's chest with FAR lass effort than he did Shao Kahn. Only difference is that Bane wouldn't survive.

Loading Video...

#44 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: That's ridiculous. Beating people with powers has nothing to do with beating skilled fighters.

???

If Liu Kang is not a skilled fighter, he won't be MK top tier

How he became MK top tier? His ability is not comparable to most of MK characters, he manage to overcome the odds with his skill

Let me get this straight, If Liu Kang is not skilled and his ability is not very powerful, then how is he able to beat Shang tsung or Shao Kahn?

#45 Posted by gokuss4z (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

Lui Kang.

#46 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Shang Tsung is more skilled than Nightwing?

Hell no, He can beat Nightwing. thanks to his magic but not skill

#47 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: I'm not saying he isn't skilled, but the simple fact that he beat people off screen doesn't make him as skilled as Bane. His skill is obviously comparable to other MK characters but what makes their skill on par with Bane?

#48 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: I've played many MK games and liked them all but I have no idea where you're getting this stuff.

What has Shang Tsung done to put himself above Nightwing in terms of skill? I just don't know where that idea originates from.

Shao Kahn was standing completely still when he punched through his chest. If Bane is actively opposing him that's not going to be possible.

#49 Edited by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: I'm not saying he isn't skilled, but the simple fact that he beat people off screen doesn't make him as skilled as Bane. His skill is obviously comparable to other MK characters but what makes their skill on par with Bane?

You're completely missing the point

People that Liu Kang defeated may not as skill as Bane but their ability is enough to beat stomp Bane

Bane is just not skilled enough to beat them but Liu Kang is

Liu Kang have no awesome power but his skill is far from other MK characters, Thats how he defeated Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn

Can Bane defeat Shao Kahn or Shang Tsung?

No, He will get stomped because he just not skilled enough but Liu Kang in other hand is skilled enough

Conclusion: Liu Kang is far more skilled than Bane

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
#50 Posted by onilordasmodeus (3412 posts) - - Show Bio
@khael said:

@onilordasmodeus: Shang Tsung is more skilled than Nightwing?

Hell no, He can beat Nightwing. thanks to his magic but not skill

What Shang Tsung are you looking at? And how would you prove that?

Base Shang Tsung (far less powerful magik wise) won his first MK tourney 1000+ years before Liu Kang, and in order to be crowned MK Champ means that you've defeated the best, of the best, of the best. Shang remained champion for multiple generations too. You might want to "give" him those title and write them off as a showcase of his magical ability more so that his martial skill, but that would be a false way to look at things.

On top of that, one of the requirements to win MK is that you've got to prove yourself in the Test Your Might contest, in which you must show your physical prowess in break things like Corundum (ruby), Diamond, and even Titanium. Just like Liu Kang, Shang Tsung was able to do that with his martial skill which was at most coupled with his (at the time weaker) magik, not dependent on that magik. In general, just as Liu fights with his skill and fire-chi, or how Goku (DBZ) uses his martial skill and his chi, Shang fight's with his skill and his magik.

Bottom line is that Shang Tsung in his old or young form is ridiculously skilled in martial arts, and FAR more skilled and accomplished than Dick. Liu Kang beat both forms, old in MK1, and young in MK2, and furthermore the lore points to him defeating him a third time too in MK3 after Shao Kahn gave him a power up (the Sindel power up in MK9) during/prior to the Earth invasion.

In the MK lore, the only character to have defeated Shang Tsung in any legit fashion is Liu Kang; multiple times. But it is worth mentioning, that Kung Lao from in the old non-canon Malibu comic beat him once, and in MK9's story mode, through some PIS moments, Smoke defeated him, as well as Kung Lao again.

It is also worth mentioning too though, that both Smoke and Kung Lao would roll over NW, but that is a different topic all together.

Off topic, but here a link to the 'Goro vs. Nightwing' thread. Lots of nice feats and arguments in here. Just an effort to not rehash old arguments on my part.