Bane vs Captain America (Movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for revenge_of_chucky
Revenge_Of_Chucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Vaeternus: @nick_hero22:

when will you two ever get along?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#152  Edited By Erik

@Jezer said:

Erik is one of those people who's posts you should just - not look at. And you should make a habit out of it.

Or else, that undeserved condescension(because you should actually be above someone before you talk down to them) and pseudo-intellectualism will bait you into arguing on his level.

I learned that after having a 3 day debate with him on basic English comprehension that he didn't understand. I learned that he can't admit when he's wrong. I learned that having a high post count doesn't magically give you intelligence - education is important. Most importantly, I learned that it's more important that you simply not engage with him. Seriously, he does not deserve screen time or you even giving him attention by pointing out how laughable he is.

So, you should prolly just let it go. Don't make the same mistake I did and keep replying to him for several pages.

There you go again trolling a thread just because you have a hard on for me. Why is it that people with low post count always bring up my high post count as though it matters? Are you jealous that I post often or something?

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Jezer

@nick_hero22 said:

@Jezer said:

MKF30 is one of those people who's posts you should just - not look at. And you should make a habit out of it.

Or else, that undeserved condescension(because you should actually be above someone before you talk down to them) and pseudo-intellectualism will bait you into arguing on his level.

I learned that after having a 3 day debate with him on basic English comprehension that he didn't understand. I learned that he can't admit when he's wrong. I learned that having a high post count doesn't magically give you intelligence - education is important. Most importantly, I learned that it's more important that you simply not engage with him. Seriously, he does not deserve screen time or you even giving him attention by pointing out how laughable he is.

So, you should prolly just let it go. Don't make the same mistake I did and keep replying to him for several pages.

I wholeheartedly agree

I don't think that user still comes to this forum though... Still, I never viewed him that way.

@Vaeternus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Jezer said:

MKF30 is one of those people who's posts you should just - not look at. And you should make a habit out of it.

I wholeheartedly argee

What does argee mean? Is this a new word I'm not familiar with. Oh btw Editing what Jezer said out of context makes you look silly since that's not what he said. I wholeheartedly agree that people like nick_hero22 shouldn't be posting.

Seemed to me like it was just a playful edit... I think that post can apply to a couple more people than just Erik.

Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Hero4life

Captain America 1 throw to the face mask.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#155  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Erik said:

Why is it that people with low post count always bring up my high post count as though it matters? Are you jealous that I post often or something?

Means we're *puts on sunglasses and fedora* badass.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By slimj87d

Okay, I still haven't seen any feat that suggest Bane is stronger than Steve. I can believe Bane is more skilled than Steve because honestly we haven't seen much H2H from Steve. But Steve is more acrobatic and more agile, possibly faster as well since I believe his striking power is greater than Banes.

Lastly, Bane has an obvious weakness with the Mask. If Steve is strong enough to punch a canopy of a submarine cockpit in water and break it, then imagine how his punches will feel on land with his full body weight? Now if he lands any kind of his punches, even if it's only the mass of his arm behind it, he will crack and break that mask. Heck, he doesn't even need to break the mask, he can easily slip it off with his strength.

Here is the video of Steve catching up tot he submarine and punching at, watch at 1:40.

Batman, being close to maybe in his 40s was capable of landing multiple hits on Bane. Batman at this age is far from being as strong as Steve is. Bane losses due to his mask being presently exposed, not being as strong, fast, agile or acrobatic as Steve.

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz

Cap

BloodsunXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By BloodsunXL

Cap with ease. If he can knock Hitler out in one punch to the jaw, I dont see him not winning this fight.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Om4zd

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Om4zd:

@Om4zd said:

@Erik: Bane's fluidity in combat shows just how high his intellect is lol. Thats what I've been saying. His intellect of Martial Arts and prediction of what his opponents will do is what allows him to fight fluidly as he does.

No one in the real world can fight that fluidly.

No it does not. I would like you to prove that with actual facts. Not just some crazy opinion.

Lol.

Folks in 'real life' don't fight that 'fluidly' because their moves are not choreographed by Hollywood directors. Just saying.

What do ya mean?

Soo you're saying that if Bane from TDKR were real and fighting Batman if he were real right now then he will not be as fluid as in the movie?

Riiiight

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@BloodsunX said:

Cap with ease. If he can knock Hitler out in one punch to the jaw, I dont see him not winning this fight.

I see what you did there :D

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Om4zd said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Om4zd:

@Om4zd said:

@Erik: Bane's fluidity in combat shows just how high his intellect is lol. Thats what I've been saying. His intellect of Martial Arts and prediction of what his opponents will do is what allows him to fight fluidly as he does.

No one in the real world can fight that fluidly.

No it does not. I would like you to prove that with actual facts. Not just some crazy opinion.

Lol.

Folks in 'real life' don't fight that 'fluidly' because their moves are not choreographed by Hollywood directors. Just saying.

What do ya mean?

Soo you're saying that if Bane from TDKR were real and fighting Batman if he were real right now then he will not be as fluid as in the movie?

Riiiight

Exactly right actually despite your incredulity.

News flash: movies are not 'real life'. Fighters training kata in the gym, working combos and running drills may look slick as hell, as soon as they step into the ring or octagon the unpredictibility of real life struggle turns poetry into a war. Even Anderson Silva, the 'smoothest' striker in the game, demonstrates this as fact.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Om4zd

@Super_SoldierXII:

I've been trying to say this but I don't think it's come out simply enough.

I think Bane has a high intellect in battle because of the fluidity of his fighting.

If it's shown that he can fight this fluidly why are you saying he wouldn't be able to in real life?

Just say all of this was real. Bane would still be fighting as fluidly as in the movie because his high intellect, to me, seemed to allow him to think with great speed in battle about what he should do next or what his next move should be.

What other explanation is there to how fluidly he fights in the movie? It's because of his skill and his intellect.

For Erik saying it's ALL on skill why he fights fluidly is just wrong.

How could someone fight like that by just following a routine? And without thinking about what the right move is?

Think about fighting someone.... Let's say the opponent is about to punch you in the gut. But time has frozen. You are Bane and can see sort of like a slideshow of counter moves you could do. In Bane's case it would be a LONG list because of the number of Martial Arts he was familiar with.
Now you (Bane) can't just do a random counter. You have to look at your opponents attack and see from where it's coming from and where it's going. Then to counter it's like selecting from that list/slideshow which move you should do (Remember - LONG list).
Because time was frozen, you successfully counter your opponents attack with the right...counter attack :)
Now think about that happening again (the opponent doesn't punch you in the gut - somewhere else) but time doesn't freeze and you have only a second to react and do what you did before (choose from that list).

When I think about it. I don't think I would be able to react and choose what I have to do that fast. And I actually have good but not great reflexes.

I think, Bane must be thinking about his opponents moves before he makes them. For example before I talked about him jumping in the air doing a 360 degree turn and blocking Batman's punch instantly when he had rotated (he didn't hit the floor from what I could tell).

This is ONLY what I think Bane is capable of okay?

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

@Om4zd: Question is since cap doesnt have his shield would movie bane be strong enough to break caps back like comic bane did to batman?

Thats what im wonering.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Om4zd

@TERMINATOR1000: I think he could but he would need all his strength gathered up.

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

@Om4zd said:

@TERMINATOR1000: I think he could but he would need all his strength gathered up.

Not just that, but he'd have to get captain america in a position as well to break his back... if he can.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Buckshot said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: After Batman broke Bane's mask, Bane went off on him, hitting seemingly harder and faster than he had at any point before. He was clearly in pain and lost control (which let Batman turn things around), but it's not like he was instantly debilitated. Showing pain in a fight is nothing new. Saying he'd start crying after a punch suggests something that wasn't shown in the movie.

OK i think i remember where I got the crying from, it was when Talia was telling Bat's her backstory. Still, I think Cap would eventually be able to land a hit on Bane's face which would lead to the same result of him losing control and giving Cap an even bigger advantage.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By slimj87d

@Om4zd said:

What? It's already established that here that Cap is far stronger and more durable than Bane.

Besides the underwater punch that broke a submarine canopy with only motioning his arm, Cap jumped off and out of heights equivalent to about 3 stories high with very little effect on him and was catapulted off the trunk of a car after it exploded dozens of feet into the air.

Cap also fought canon fodder guys on the hellacarrier where everyone needed Oxygen mask to be able to breath outside due to the high pressure due to the hellacarrier moving (think about when you're on a mountain and your ears pop, now imagine the air 1000s of feet above sea level outside).

Bane never showed any strength or durability as much as Cap here. Think of this in proportions, so proportionally that's like saying can a small child break your back if they lifted and dropped you a little bit of feet? Even if Cap let Bane try and break his back, I do not think he can as Cap showed durability feats and strength feats far above Bane's.

Lastly, Cap was also blown out of a building flinging downwards with enough Gs so when he landed on a car's roof the metal almost wrapped around his body and he got up like nothing happen. This should have broken a normal humans back easily. But Cap got up like he fell a few feet onto a bed (a firm one that is).

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#168  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@SlimJ87D said:

@Om4zd said:

What? It's already established that here that Cap is far stronger and more durable than Bane.

Besides the underwater punch that broke a submarine canopy with only motioning his arm, Cap jumped off and out of heights equivalent to about 3 stories high with very little effect on him and was catapulted off the trunk of a car after it exploded dozens of feet into the air.

Cap also fought canon fodder guys on the hellacarrier where everyone needed Oxygen mask to be able to breath outside due to the high pressure (think about when you're on a mountain and your ears pop, now imagine the air 1000s of feet above sea level outside).

Bane never showed any strength or durability as much as Cap here. Think of this in proportions, so proportionally that's like saying can a small child break your back if they lifted and dropped you a little bit of feet? Even if Cap let Bane try and break his back, I do not think he can as Cap showed durability feats and strength feats far above Bane's.

Lastly, Cap was also blown out of a building flinging downwards with enough Gs so when he landed on a car's roof the metal almost wrapped around his body and he got up like nothing happen. This should have broken a normal humans back easily. But Cap got up like he fell a few feet onto a bed (a firm one that is).

I agree with most of what you said, but a normal human's back wouldn't have been broken. He landed on a car on his back from like 15 feet high, so it was a 10 foot drop (the car was about 5 feet tall). That wouldn't break a normal humans back.

Besides, Bane trying to break Cap's back would be incredibly unpractical and a waste of energy as Cap is clearly Bane's physical superior. Bane broke Batman after he was tired and hurt, and couldn't resist being picked up.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By slimj87d

@ChaosBlazer said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@Om4zd said:

Cap also fought canon fodder guys on the hellacarrier where everyone needed Oxygen mask to be able to breath outside due to the high pressure (think about when you're on a mountain and your ears pop, now imagine the air 1000s of feet above sea level outside).

I agree with most of what you said, but a normal human's back wouldn't have been broken. He landed on a car on his back from like 15 feet high, so it was a 10 foot drop (the car was about 5 feet tall). That wouldn't break a normal humans back.

Besides, Bane trying to break Cap's back would be incredibly unpractical and a waste of energy as Cap is clearly Bane's physical superior. Bane broke Batman after he was tired and hurt, and couldn't resist being picked up.

Although that was the height, you are not taking into account he was propelled out by an explosion, hence I put emphasis on the car and how it looked when he landed on it.

In addition, when Bane and Batman fought for the first time, Batman couldn't even hop off that staircase without using his cape to break his fall (this is actually a nice skill feat for Batman). This is a old, almost 40 or is 40 year old Batman who has a lot of damage on his body. This is the type of person that had his back Broken by Bane. Now in comparison with Cap, his age and the SSS you know where I'm getting at. Another time Cap jumped a very high height is when he interpreted Thor and Ironman from fighting.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Om4zd

@SlimJ87D: Yeah sorry must have come out wrong.

I was thinking:

If Bane actually even manages to get Cap in the right position then he would need ALL his strength gathered up. Though I don't even know if he could get him in that position because Cap, as you said, is much stronger.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#171  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Honestly, I'm not sure how there's any kind of debate here. Nolan's Bane was impressive for his universe, but Captain America's strength and speed is simply on a whole different level. Then throw in that shield and the outcome should be quite obvious.

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By society619

The first one could go to Bane but Cap takes 2 & 3 with ease.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Vaeternus

Hitler could fight H2H? H2H I'm really tempted to say Bane, but power wise Captain has an edge with his shield too.

@nick_hero22/XiiX(since I'm sure you're the same person), No, I've made my initial point concerning the topic, you're just spamming threads posting off topic banter. Your entire post is off topic and pointless as usual. BTW, you posted the definition for agree, not ARGEE lol. Oh wait, there's no such word :P Because I was asking if ARGREE existed :P

@Revenge_Of_Chucky said:

@Vaeternus: @nick_hero22:

when will you two ever get along?

I'm fine dude, I'll get along with anyone so long as they don't have elitist attitudes or constantly call me out for no reason. lol I still love your avy and name. Cracks me up since I'm a huge Chucky fan.

@Jezer, yeah it was an attempt at him being funny. But it's all good.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Jayfournines

Cap's got this all day, every day.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By slimj87d

@k4tzm4n said:

Honestly, I'm not sure how there's any kind of debate here. Nolan's Bane was impressive for his universe, but Captain America's strength and speed is simply on a whole different level. Then throw in that shield and the outcome should be quite obvious.

WTH! I get abandoned and lost in the woods of the Ukraine and come back after a few months and you're a mod now? Damn things have changed...

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Amratheking
@ComocYahweh: Actually, both comic and movie Cap are easily superhuman. Comic Cap has always been described as "the pinnacle of human potential" in every physical category. Think about that statement for a minute. He is not simply trained to peak level like Batman or Nightwing; the SSS has taken him beyond that, so that his physical attributes are at the very pinnacle of what any human could ever hope to achieve. Even Ed Brubaker stated that Cap is enhanced, not just "Batman with a shield". The Batman family and others like them are peak humans, Cap is basically the next step in human evolution. 
Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

Movie Bane was pretty strong in TDKR,but Cap took on Loki and Red Skull.Movie Bane wouldn't last 5 seconds with Loki

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Magethor

Captain wins. Too much power.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By rdskns4eva

Seriously, you guys need to go back and watch Captain America the First Avenger. The dude was throwing people 20 feet in the air - literally. I mean, damn. He was kicking and punching people, making them fall back 10 feet or more. He punched one guy and made him do a freaking flip. Hes faster, more agile, more durable, can jump like 15 feet straight up in the air, with no running start...hes just better. Bane may be a better fighter, hell, he may be a WAY better fighter, but when Captain America can punch you 20 feet in the air, or throw you 20 yards with one arm or kick you 15 feet away from him or punch you so hard he caves your chest in, what the heck in movie Bane gonna do to him? Oh and he has his freaking Shield as well? lol Bane doesnt stand a chance at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cap is just too strong. And his vibranium shield could easily do some damage. It tanked a hit from Mjornir! What's Bane going to do to it? Cap gets hit a few times. Gets up says "I can do this all day", then KO's Bane.

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ComocYahweh

@Amratheking said:

@ComocYahweh: Actually, both comic and movie Cap are easily superhuman. Comic Cap has always been described as "the pinnacle of human potential" in every physical category. Think about that statement for a minute. He is not simply trained to peak level like Batman or Nightwing; the SSS has taken him beyond that, so that his physical attributes are at the very pinnacle of what any human could ever hope to achieve. Even Ed Brubaker stated that Cap is enhanced, not just "Batman with a shield". The Batman family and others like them are peak humans, Cap is basically the next step in human evolution.

If he is "the pinnacle of human potential" he isn't superhuman, he is just top human.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By rdskns4eva

@ComocYahweh said:

@Amratheking said:

If he is "the pinnacle of human potential" he isn't superhuman, he is just top human.

True, but he does have super human elements. For example, Batman can catch a cold, or become fatigued. Captain America is immune to most diseases.

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By ComocYahweh

@rdskns4eva said:

@ComocYahweh said:

@Amratheking said:

True, but he does have super human elements. For example, Batman can catch a cold, or become fatigued. Captain America is immune to most diseases.

That might be the peak of humans, Batman is just very trained etc, he isn't the pinnacle of human potential

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By sam51

I say Bane if he can lay hits on him, because that damm shield is a freaking huge advantage, both of them are peak humans with great intelect and training, but the shield is the key here. Even with the drug supressing pain getting hit with that is gonna hurt.

I only say bane cause I like him more, but cap will probably win (even if I hate it)

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@sam51 said:

I say Bane if he can lay hits on him, because that damm shield is a freaking huge advantage, both of them are peak humans with great intelect and training, but the shield is the key here. Even with the drug supressing pain getting hit with that is gonna hurt.

I only say bane cause I like him more, but cap will probably win (even if I hate it)

in one of the rounds Cap doesnt have the shield, would Bane win that round?

sam51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By sam51

Round one, Bane, not easily though (yay!)

Round two, Cap, with moderate difficulty (dammit)

Round three Cap in a curbstomp

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sam51 said:

Round one, Bane, not easily though (yay!)

Round two, Cap, with moderate difficulty (dammit)

Round three Cap in a curbstomp

This

(bump, by the way)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#188  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Interesting. I'll lay out how I think each round will go:

Round 1 - I'd say it's tough. While strength is debatable here, Bane showed near super-human strength when he demonstrated his ability to shatter walls of concrete, which is slightly beyond peak-human. Even if Steve is stronger, it's not like Steve won't be feeling his hits. Bane was a skilled fighter and trained by the League of Shadows, his skill was equal if not superior to Bale's Batman. Now Bale's Batman wasn't that skilled but I'd put him above Steve from my observations - Bane was also taking hits from Batman easily and shrugging them off with ease. This fight is tough, I might edge Bane but it could go either way. It's not that one-sided as people think, but Cap might win due to his speed and strength. Couple his speed and strength together is a deadly combination. If I had to choose, I'd say Cap but people are underrating Bane.

Round 2 - Cap. A shield-smash to the face or a shield-toss and it's over, if he manages to damage Bane's mask (which with his shield, won't be that hard to) then Bane will be in trouble. Cap can fight both offensively and defensively with his shield and when he damages Bane's mask, it's over for Bane. Cap certainly has the precision, strength and speed to do so.

Round 3 - Tough. I'm not sure what Bane can really do with only 30 minutes of prep, I'd still say Cap.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this even debatable? Cap stomps all rounds. This isn't even close. I seriously can't believe this thread isn't locked yet. 10 pages really?

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Skunkstein

Movie versions, then Captain America takes this. Even though Captain America doesnt have super powers, it was shown from the movie that he did a lot of feats that no human is capable of, he threw soldiers around like puppets. Also his shield is a HUGE advantage.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By TheSuperHuman

Cap, every round.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By hulkbuster94

the cap clears all rounds in flawless victory unlike batman this man fights competent opponents while bats fought fodder through the trilogy and plus cap is fast stronger and has alot of determination even without his shield he wins so people saying bane wins round one fail on epic proportions

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Cap takes every round

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins this thread should be locked

Avatar image for captainamerica119
Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Giving Bane all the advantages. (Cap, no shield) Still Cap kick's Bane's a$$

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, after watching the 5 Minute exclusive Captain America trailer, Captain America beats movie Bane without a doubt.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Wolverine008

Captain America. Better physicals and superiorly skilled fighter.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Cap all 3 rounds. He's shown to be tougher and more skilled than movie Bane. Hell, Bane fights half the time without even a guard up. You might be able to get away with that against Bale-Batman, but not Cap.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bane gets stomped.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wardemon32: Without Cap's shield? Not a chance, if Bane get's his hands on him he chockeslam him to death