Bane vs Captain America (Movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By .Spider-man.

@ChaosBlazer said:

Cap is definitely around the same level of strength as Bane is but ripping the punching bag is not his best feat.

Cap while underwater broke through the mini subs cockpit. > Breaking cuffs by a landslide.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102  Edited By Erik

@Vaeternus said:

No, I mean I've already made my points and you've yet to convince me otherwise. Just because you don't agree with them isn't my problem, it's yours. And I feel the same exact way as they do, you're just coming at me for no reason. Stop trying to start, it doesn't help nor aid your argument.

You never made any point. You jumped on someone else's argument.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Vaeternus

@Erik said:

@Vaeternus said:

No, I mean I've already made my points and you've yet to convince me otherwise. Just because you don't agree with them isn't my problem, it's yours. And I feel the same exact way as they do, you're just coming at me for no reason. Stop trying to start, it doesn't help nor aid your argument.

No I agreed with someone else's argument which I already said initially but worded differently. Yes I did, if you read my initial post. You merely disagreed(as usual)

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Om4zd

@Erik: You're ignoring the part where I asked if you if you saw how fluid Bane actually fights with someone and if you've ever seen anyone fight as fluidly in real life?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@.Spider-man. said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Cap is definitely around the same level of strength as Bane is but ripping the punching bag is not his best feat.

Cap while underwater broke through the mini subs cockpit. > Breaking cuffs by a landslide.

That was just plain glass. It was glass made in the 1930s-40s time period, so it is definitely not stronger than metal handcuffs made to hold down a large, grown man. Again, Cap had momentum in his punch to break the glass. Bane had no momentum, so that was a pure strength feat.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Erik

@Vaeternus said:

@Erik said:

@Vaeternus said:

No I agreed with someone else's argument which I already said initially but worded differently. Yes I did, if you read my initial post. You merely disagreed(as usual)

Wording someone else's argument differently is still their argument. You just constructed it more poorly.

@Om4zd said:

@Erik: You're ignoring the part where I asked if you if you saw how fluid Bane actually fights with someone and if you've ever seen anyone fight as fluidly in real life?

Lol no I ignored it because it is irrelevant nonsense.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Vaeternus

Uh, I posted prior to Buckshot's post. In fact, if anything his initial post on the last page was more in agreement with me. You're just trying to discredit my post for whatever random reason which is most likely irrelevant.

No, I just didn't go into as much detail but still made my point. You apparently having difficulty in comprehending what I said initially I can't help you out there. I've made my point, you disagreed and now you're just going on about me "agreeing" with some others here who feel the same way I do because you have no other argument. .

@Om4zd said:

Of course, the guy will ignore anything logical such as your point. Trust me, I've learned this over the past few days lol.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Erik

@Vaeternus said:

Uh, I posted prior to Buckshot's post. In fact, if anything his initial post on the last page was more in agreement with me. You're just trying to discredit my post for whatever random reason which is most likely irrelevant.

No, I just didn't go into as much detail but still made my point. You apparently having difficulty in comprehending what I said initially I can't help you out there. I've made my point, you disagreed and now you're just going on about me "agreeing" with some others here who feel the same way I do because you have no other argument. .

@Om4zd said:

Of course, the guy will ignore anything logical such as your point. Trust me, I've learned this over the past few days lol.

You posted prior to him but your argument was garbage and proved nothing other than your poor understanding of the movies. Just more baseless "opinions" you are throwing around. Buckshot posted an eloquent, well constructed argument and you jumped on it like a cheerleader.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Om4zd

@Erik: Bane's fluidity in combat shows just how high his intellect is lol. Thats what I've been saying. His intellect of Martial Arts and prediction of what his opponents will do is what allows him to fight fluidly as he does.

No one in the real world can fight that fluidly.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By Jorgevy

@ChaosBlazer: glass made by a secret german organization for a sub, capable of withstanding deep sea pressures and he broke it while underwater.

that seems pretty powerful. Also, how did Bane break the handcuffs? were they in top shape, made of metal or what? is it shown in the movie that he did break them or could he have just uncuffed himself like a thief?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#111  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Om4zd said:

I'd beg to differ. There are certainly people in the real world who might fight better than him (no, not some guy in the UFC or MMA).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Erik

@Om4zd said:

@Erik: Bane's fluidity in combat shows just how high his intellect is lol. Thats what I've been saying. His intellect of Martial Arts and prediction of what his opponents will do is what allows him to fight fluidly as he does.

No it does not. I would like you to prove that with actual facts. Not just some crazy opinion.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By AngryHulks

Captain America fazed Loki with punches, who easily shrug off bullets and survives being pounded repeatedly by Hulk.

Dark Knight Rises Bane is strong, but he is still too close to normal human to beat Captain America.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#114  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@AngryHulks said:

Captain America fazed Loki with punches, who easily shrug off bullets and survives being pounded repeatedly by Hulk.

You don't know that. Loki wanted to be captured. It's easy to fake.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Jorgevy said:

@ChaosBlazer: glass made by a secret german organization for a sub, capable of withstanding deep sea pressures and he broke it while underwater.

that seems pretty powerful. Also, how did Bane break the handcuffs? were they in top shape, made of metal or what? is it shown in the movie that he did break them or could he have just uncuffed himself like a thief?

I agree with the first part, I see the flaw in my argument. The glass was probably very tough and pressure-resistant, but remember glass shatters, metal doesn't. Metal is malleable, so it is more impressive when somebody breaks metal than when they break even extremely tough, hard glass.

Bane was on the airplane during the airplane hijacking scene, don't want to reveal anything but he was being held by a trained professionals. The handcuffs were definitely working and restricting him, then suddenly you see him jerk his shoulders forward, there's a kinda cracking sound, and his arms are free.

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By .Spider-man.

@ChaosBlazer said:

I agree with the first part, I see the flaw in my argument. The glass was probably very tough and pressure-resistant, but remember glass shatters, metal doesn't. Metal is malleable, so it is more impressive when somebody breaks metal than when they break even extremely tough, hard glass.

Have you ever tried punching anything under water?

Sorry but this one feat far trumps breaking a pair of handcuffs.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By slimj87d

I think Cap.

-Like others have said, he was able to break a submarine's window underwater. It takes GREAT strength and durability to perform such a feat. These subs are suppose to sustain pressure and take hits from rocks under pressure so they have to be much more durable than your conventional reinforced glasses, etc. That and taking into account that Cap did the feat underwater, you're not going to punch underwater as hard as you can out on land of course.

-He also held that motorcycle up with one arm and it had 3 women on it. Bane at most we saw punched some concrete and it broke.

-He also punched all those punching bags quite a bit of distance breaking the chains.

Bane did break those handcuffs but we didn't see how they were actually broken. Bane did punch some concrete and broke that which was impressive. But those feats don't add up to someone breaking submarine glass underwater.

Lastly, and most importantly Bane has a significant weakness that is quite noticeable. His mask. One punch to that mask from Cap will break it. With that weakness being exposed alone, Bane would lose. Cap doesn't have any weakness that is exposed or shown like Bane does and therefore there's a greater significant chance that Bane will lose than Cap.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By slimj87d

@.Spider-man. said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

Have you ever tried punching anything under water?

Sorry but this one feat far trumps breaking a pair of handcuffs.

Yep, to add to your post you can compare the canpoy of the submarine to an aircraft canopy: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-aircraft-canopy.htm

"Military aircraft canopy construction is typically made of bulletproof or bullet-resistant materials."

To even further elaborate more on this feat, there was NO body weight behind that punch, he was floating in water. All he had was the mass of his arm making his striking strength that much more significant than any living human in the world via F =ma.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Vaeternus

@Erik said:

No, you're merely trolling now because you think my post was "garbage" doesn't make it so, that's your opinion. Mine is you're lashing out with personal attacks now because you're getting frustrated that not everyone in here agrees with you. Too bad, deal with it. That doesn't help your already flawed argument here. I said I agree with Buckshot's, so because I agree even though I already posted my initial case doesn't make me a "cheerleader" stop being such an arrogant tool and accept other people don't agree with you, btw I watched both movies and understand it well. Thank you. BTW, I find it really funny how you use the word "eloquent" then tell me I'm jumping on the guys post like a cheerleader. Amusing.

All you do is try to put down others who don't agree with you because you obviously are a very insecure person and can't respect opposing views.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Erik

@Vaeternus:

• Proving you wrong at every turn is not trolling.
  • You call me a troll, then say that I am the one lashing out with personal attacks? Hypocrite much?
  • You were being a cheerleader. Nothing in your initial post was valid. It was more of your "opinions" that you were trying to pass off as fact.
  • Is there a problem using eloquent and cheerleader in the same paragraph? Please tell me more about this. I bet you have plenty to say on the matter, you know, since you were at the top of your class in English courses and all.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jorgevy

@ChaosBlazer: is that the prologue thing? cause I think I saw a trailer with that scene... Well, next week I'll check it out. I'll be completally focused on that scene!

@SlimJ87D: was it with one hand? still if it was with two hands, the motorcycle and the 3 women were atleast half a ton, and he wasn't even stressing himself

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Cap should win, he's faster and stronger than Bane. But Bane might be more durable. For example *spoiler*

when he was shot by the mounted turrets on the batcycle at the end of the movie his body didn't explode and it wasn't ripped to shreds. He was simply thrown backwards and it was only implied that he died. That coupled with his ability to lift a full grown man over his head and break solid marble with his fists shows very high end strength and extreme durability.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Jorgevy: yeah it was in a trailer. And I believe Cap lifting the motorcycle with the 3 women is his best strength feat, and it does put him above Bane in terms of strength. I would say it was 800 pounds at most, the 3 women on top of that is like 360 pounds, so about half a ton of weight above his head with one arm... very impressive.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Jorgevy

@ChaosBlazer: you just gave me a reason to watch this again LOL

and it's with TWO hands. Still impressive

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#125  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Erik said:

Not sure why it rubs you the wrong way when it is true. What did Bane do that was what one would consider intelligent? Bruce has proven in the movies that he is intelligent. Intelligent enough to understand the sciences that go into making nearly sci-fi tech for example. But just because I was saying Bane has done nothing to show that he was Bruce's intellectual superior does not mean I thought Bane was a thug. If you got that impression, I am sorry. But Bane did nothing that blew me away or gave me any indication of mental superiority.

And I guess my view is that Batman really didn't either, and when compared head to head (maybe the issue is that I'm really only considering this movie, dunno), Batman was lagging behind Team Evil's plot when by all rights, him not being accounted for left him in a position where he had considerable power.

I actually came across this just a little while ago and I thought it was hilarious:

I had a problem with the movie, but it is not the set of problems noted above. My problem is that The Dark Knight Rises rests entirely on the premise that Bruce Wayne is an incompetent fool. Item: There is no good reason for Wayne Enterprises to fall into financial chaos in the 8 years between the second and third movies (per Alfred’s line about “there have to have been profits”). It did not do this in the several years prior to Batman Begins, when Bruce was also entirely offstage; that’s why he’s got Alfred and Lucius. (Also, even a moping Bat-free Bruce in most other Bat-incarnations has been attentive to his business interests, usually more so than when he’s Bat-active.) Item: I might be persuaded to buy Bane’s ability to use Bruce’s thumbprint toeither bankrupt Wayne Enterprises or bankrupt Bruce personally — but both at once strains credibility. (One of the whole points of being super-rich is that you’re usually super-diversified, such that it becomes not merely impractical but functionally impossible to keep your whole fortune concentrated in one place.) But beyond that, Bruce makes no serious effort either to recover the thumbprints or to mitigate the problem by instituting additional security measures. Not believable. Item: How does Talia, the Evil Mastermind, get control of the incipient nuclear bomb (irrespective of fallout issues)? Bruce literally hands her the keys. having utterly failed to do a full intelligence workup on “Miranda Tate” (like the one he did on Selina) and overlooked the significance of that interesting scar. Item: Batman lets the tactical situation at the climax go to h*ll, allowing eighteen hours to trickle down to less than fifteen minutes before actually doing anything useful. This cannot be the real Batman, because the real Batman is by definition the smartest person in the room, the man with more contingency plans than God. (Even the Adam West Batman is — in the context of his native Bat-series — four or five times smarter than nearly anyone else around him, with the possible exception of Batgirl.) One has to assume that the real Bruce committed suicide or something after the second movie, and the one we see here is a bad copy cloned by Alfred and/or Lucius in order to maintain the illusion that Bruce is actually still alive and marginally sane.
ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Jorgevy said:

@ChaosBlazer: you just gave me a reason to watch this again LOL

and it's with TWO hands. Still impressive

2 hands is still his best strength feat, I mean he lifted that above his head....

I lol every time he punches Hitler in the face

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Vaeternus

@Erik said:

Proving me wrong? lol if you say so, I've yet to see that though.

Yeah, when you constantly come at me baiting me into arguments just because you disagree? And how am I a hypocrite? Again, you CAME at me. Otherwise, I couldn't care if you agree or disagree with me.

No, I was merely agreeing with the guy. Don't know what your odd obsession is with "cheerleaders" I really don't care for. Yes, it was and apparently you don't understand the point of the battle forums. 90% of the posts on here are ALL personal opinion...based on a few simple elements. Previous feats of both characters, popularity most of which none of us will ever really know since they've never happened. Unless it's an obvious stomp say Batman vs. The Spectre, a lot of these threads are very debatable and very much opinionated. I never tried passing anything off as a fact, I said I agreed with Buckshot(for the 10 time now)

It's called wit, and I love your condescending tone going on about that remark about English class. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at someone who thinks he's "above" everyone else Mr. Astronaut ;)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Erik

@Buckshot said:

@Erik said:

Not sure why it rubs you the wrong way when it is true. What did Bane do that was what one would consider intelligent? Bruce has proven in the movies that he is intelligent. Intelligent enough to understand the sciences that go into making nearly sci-fi tech for example. But just because I was saying Bane has done nothing to show that he was Bruce's intellectual superior does not mean I thought Bane was a thug. If you got that impression, I am sorry. But Bane did nothing that blew me away or gave me any indication of mental superiority.

And I guess my view is that Batman really didn't either, and when compared head to head (maybe the issue is that I'm really only considering this movie, dunno), Batman was lagging behind Team Evil's plot when by all rights, him not being accounted for left him in a position where he had considerable power.

I actually came across this just a little while ago and I thought it was hilarious:

I had a problem with the movie, but it is not the set of problems noted above. My problem is that The Dark Knight Rises rests entirely on the premise that Bruce Wayne is an incompetent fool. Item: There is no good reason for Wayne Enterprises to fall into financial chaos in the 8 years between the second and third movies (per Alfred’s line about “there have to have been profits”). It did not do this in the several years prior to Batman Begins, when Bruce was also entirely offstage; that’s why he’s got Alfred and Lucius. (Also, even a moping Bat-free Bruce in most other Bat-incarnations has been attentive to his business interests, usually more so than when he’s Bat-active.) Item: I might be persuaded to buy Bane’s ability to use Bruce’s thumbprint toeither bankrupt Wayne Enterprises or bankrupt Bruce personally — but both at once strains credibility. (One of the whole points of being super-rich is that you’re usually super-diversified, such that it becomes not merely impractical but functionally impossible to keep your whole fortune concentrated in one place.) But beyond that, Bruce makes no serious effort either to recover the thumbprints or to mitigate the problem by instituting additional security measures. Not believable. Item: How does Talia, the Evil Mastermind, get control of the incipient nuclear bomb (irrespective of fallout issues)? Bruce literally hands her the keys. having utterly failed to do a full intelligence workup on “Miranda Tate” (like the one he did on Selina) and overlooked the significance of that interesting scar. Item: Batman lets the tactical situation at the climax go to h*ll, allowing eighteen hours to trickle down to less than fifteen minutes before actually doing anything useful. This cannot be the real Batman, because the real Batman is by definition the smartest person in the room, the man with more contingency plans than God. (Even the Adam West Batman is — in the context of his native Bat-series — four or five times smarter than nearly anyone else around him, with the possible exception of Batgirl.) One has to assume that the real Bruce committed suicide or something after the second movie, and the one we see here is a bad copy cloned by Alfred and/or Lucius in order to maintain the illusion that Bruce is actually still alive and marginally sane.

LMAO. Awesome.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Jorgevy

@ChaosBlazer: me too xD they should do this musical scenes more often

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Erik

@Vaeternus said:

@Erik said:

@Vaeternus:

• Proving you wrong at every turn is not trolling.
  • You call me a troll, then say that I am the one lashing out with personal attacks? Hypocrite much?
  • You were being a cheerleader. Nothing in your initial post was valid. It was more of your "opinions" that you were trying to pass off as fact.
  • Is there a problem using eloquent and cheerleader in the same paragraph? Please tell me more about this. I bet you have plenty to say on the matter, you know, since you were at the top of your class in English courses and all.

Proving me wrong? lol if you say so, I've yet to see that though.

Yeah, when you constantly come at me baiting me into arguments just because you disagree? And how am I a hypocrite? Again, you CAME at me. Otherwise, I couldn't care if you agree or disagree with me.

No, I was merely agreeing with the guy. Don't know what your odd obsession is with "cheerleaders" I really don't care for. Yes, it was and apparently you don't understand the point of the battle forums. 90% of the posts on here are ALL personal opinion...most of which none of us will ever really know since they've never happened. Unless it's an obvious stomp say Batman vs. The Spectre, a lot of these threads are very debatable and very much opinionated. I never tried passing anything off as a fact, I said I agreed with Buckshot(for the 10 time now)

It's called wit, and I love your condescending tone going on about that remark about English class. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at someone who thinks he's "above" everyone else Mr. Astronaut ;)

• Not surprising. Since you seem to have selective memory.
  • Not baiting. Just telling you where you are wrong. If that is baiting then fine. By that logic, everyone on this site baits everyone else.
  • No. 90% of the posts on the battle forums are not personal opinion. A large sum of them are actually decisions on a battle after lengthy discussion/debate using logic, reason, knowledge and then drawing comparisons to come to a conclusion. This is called deductive reasoning. It is anything but personal opinion. But then there are users like you that just post random crap that is purely opinion. These posts are usually heavily criticized... kind of like yours has been so far.
  • It is only wit if it is a post that displays intellect or mental sharpness. Thus far, your posts have been without wit so aside from you patting yourself on the back without just cause, you tried to propose another incorrect opinion.
  • Still apparently, coming at you. ;)
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Vaeternus

No, I have very good memory actually. What's so selective? Your criticisms and quotes seem selective, especially when other people have said the same thing I've said more or less. Oh and you don't need to duplicate word for word to share the same perspective.

No, I'm not wrong since it's my opinion. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person on here who stated "they weren't impressed with Captain America" in the movies...No, I know what baiting is. Disagreeing occasionally and coming at someone in various threads is a big difference.

Yes, I'm aware that some topics that are actually interesting take a while to debate or are simply pages of fans of both characters going back and forth(because this has never happened before right?) lol No, I'll post feats if someone asks, and clearly you're ignorant to this being as how people have come to me for info concerning certain topics, namely video game characters and some comic characters. I admit, I don't know" everything" like you think you do, but I know enough about characters I actually follow.

You obviously didn't get my wit as I anticipated. Again, there is no incorrect opinion in that respect. You just don't agree with it, that's nice still don't change my views. Oh and I'm not as "alone" as you think, since I can point out other users in here who feel the same way I do and thus why you're targeting me for whatever random reason.

If it makes you feel any better, I do think Captain America here has the edge over Bane overall. I was just saying earlier, I wasn't that all impressed with CA's movie feats like some people make him out to be. That is all.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Cap has to do is punch Bane in the mouth and he starts crying.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Erik

@Vaeternus said:

No, I have very good memory actually. What's so selective? Your criticisms and quotes seem selective, especially when other people have said the same thing I've said more or less. Oh and you don't need to duplicate word for word to share the same perspective.

No, I'm not wrong since it's my opinion. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person on here who stated "they weren't impressed with Captain America" in the movies...No, I know what baiting is. Disagreeing occasionally and coming at someone in various threads is a big difference.

Yes, I'm aware that some topics that are actually interesting take a while to debate or are simply pages of fans of both characters going back and forth(because this has never happened before right?) lol No, I'll post feats if someone asks, and clearly you're ignorant to this being as how people have come to me for info concerning certain topics, namely video game characters and some comic characters. I admit, I don't know" everything" like you think you do, but I know enough about characters I actually follow.

You obviously didn't get my wit as I anticipated. Again, there is no incorrect opinion in that respect. You just don't agree with it, that's nice still don't change my views. Oh and I'm not as "alone" as you think, since I can point out other users in here who feel the same way I do and thus why you're targeting me for whatever random reason.

If it makes you feel any better, I do think Captain America here has the edge over Bane overall. I was just saying earlier, I wasn't that all impressed with CA's movie feats like some people make him out to be. That is all.

• No but you need to make clear, concise and most importantly, valid arguments to claim that they were yours. If someone comes in and says everything you never said and you suddenly say, "Dats wut I sa!d11!!" Then it still is not your argument but theirs and you are merely a supporter of that argument.
  • Yes you are wrong. Your opinion is wrong too.
  • If you were aware of this, why did you specifically try to say otherwise, provide an arbitrary statistic and try to pass it off as fact?
  • Just because someone comes to you for information, does not make your information valid, credible or correct.
  • If someone does not get your "wit", odds are it just was not that witty.
  • You are "targeted" because you have chosen to engage me.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

Untrue, and I point that out because Bane not going down as soon as his mask was messed up was something I was glad to see in the movie.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Vaeternus

@Erik said:

@Vaeternus said:

• No but you need to make clear, concise and most importantly, valid arguments to claim that they were yours. If someone comes in and says everything you never said and you suddenly say, "Dats wut I sa!d11!!" Then it still is not your argument but theirs and you are merely a supporter of that argument.
  • Yes you are wrong. Your opinion is wrong too.
  • If you were aware of this, why did you specifically try to say otherwise, provide an arbitrary statistic and try to pass it off as fact?
  • Just because someone comes to you for information, does not make your information valid, credible or correct.
  • If someone does not get your "wit", odds are it just was not that witty.
  • You are "targeted" because you have chosen to engage me.

lol, if you read my posts you'd see they were mind. Again, my initial post...you're taking this the wrong way, I'm not trying to steal anyone else's thunder, just because I agree with it.

No, I'm not and again in this sense a personal opinion can't be wrong. Get off your high arrogant horse for a second will ya? I know you can't see other perspectives past your own, but at least try.

What exactly did I try to pass off as "fact"? Please quote me saying such.

lol, yeah I never said just because someone contacts me for info makes it correct but chances are if multiple folks go to someone for info concerning something, they're knowledgable of that topic.

No worries, not everyone shares the same level of wit much less have a sense of humor, nobody's perfect.

You chose to engage me based off something I said initially, why? Because I said I wasn't that impressed with Captain A's movie showings? Again, I never said Bane was that great either but apparently that's not good enough for you. Too bad

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Erik

@Vaeternus said:

lol, if you read my posts you'd see they were mind. Again, my initial post...you're taking this the wrong way, I'm not trying to steal anyone else's thunder, just because I agree with it.

No, I'm not and again in this sense a personal opinion can't be wrong. Get off your high arrogant horse for a second will ya? I know you can't see other perspectives past your own, but at least try.

lol, yeah I never said just because someone contacts me for info makes it correct but chances are if multiple folks go to someone for info concerning something, they're knowledgable of that topic.

No worries, not everyone shares the same level of wit much less have a sense of humor, nobody's perfect.

You chose to engage me based off something I said initially, why? Because I said I wasn't that impressed with Captain A's movie showings? Again, I never said Bane was that great either but apparently that's not good enough for you. Too bad

• I never said you were trying to steal anyone else's thunder. I am saying that you made a pitiful case, someone made a much better one, and you jumped on it in the typical "Rah-rah-sis-boom-bah" fashion.
  • Yes you are. You are wrong. You are wrong every day.
  • You claimed that 90% of posts on the battle forums were opinion. This is factually inaccurate but you acted as though it was credible.
  • Not really. It might just mean that people assume you know more than them. Based on our conversation, I think most people that come to you are probably underestimating themselves.
  • When you are the only one claiming you are witty, it is another one of your incorrect opinions. And an arrogant one at that. But you did compare yourself to Einstein in another thread so I cannot say that I am surprised that you, and you alone consider yourself witty.
  • Yes, I chose to engage you but you would be wrong and a liar to say that you did not equally chose to engage me.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By slimj87d

@ChaosBlazer: I would say his best strength feat by far is punching the submarine canopy while underwater with only the mass of his arm. This feat is actually incredible. A person standing, rotating and putting almost all their bodies mass into a punch can't even do it and he did it with one arm and in water.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Vaeternus

@Erik said:

@Vaeternus said:

• I never said you were trying to steal anyone else's thunder. I am saying that you made a pitiful case, someone made a much better one, and you jumped on it in the typical "Rah-rah-sis-boom-bah" fashion.
  • Yes you are. You are wrong. You are wrong every day.
  • You claimed that 90% of posts on the battle forums were opinion. This is factually inaccurate but you acted as though it was credible.
  • Not really. It might just mean that people assume you know more than them. Based on our conversation, I think most people that come to you are probably underestimating themselves.
  • When you are the only one claiming you are witty, it is another one of your incorrect opinions. And an arrogant one at that. But you did compare yourself to Einstein in another thread so I cannot say that I am surprised that you, and you alone consider yourself witty.
  • Yes, I chose to engage you but you would be wrong and a liar to say that you did not equally chose to engage me.

Really? Because you hinted at it, calling me a cheerleader and such trying to take credit for someone else's post just because I merely agreed with them...big difference.

Pitiful case? ha, that's what you say. I think you're whole post is wrong. Oh really? So now you're a psychic and know what I do? No, your wrong about me and your ridiculous assumptions.

Actually, it is accurate and mostly voted by biased fans. If you can't see this in threads such as Superman vs. Hulk or Hulk vs. Godzilla, you're even more blind then I thought.

Yes really, you have no idea what series I follow or what I know or don't know. Based on what I know, I think you're blinded by arrogance and ignorance. Maybe I just want to help others who ask me something, unlike you I don't think I know everything about everything but I am familiar with things I follow.

No, and I only see you disagreeing with the wit point so keep on believing that ok? No, I never compared myself to Einstein, you obviously misunderstood my analogy. I even admitted that I'm not nearly as smart as he was, nor are you. Just feel free to ignore that part of the post though.

Nah, I think you want to engage me because you find some sort of amusement or challenge in it otherwise you'd not waste past a few posts on me. So obviously you care what I do a lot. You need a new hobby seriously, no space books to read huh?

Know to to finish this off now, it was fun for a while but I have no tolerance for arrogant tools who think they know everything. I'm done with you, so respond if you want. I'm just going to delete my inbox and not read it. I'll let you believe what you want. You seem to be good at that. Later.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Erik

@Vaeternus said:

Really? Because you hinted at it, calling me a cheerleader and such trying to take credit for someone else's post just because I merely agreed with them...big difference.

Pitiful case? ha, that's what you say. I think you're whole post is wrong. Oh really? So now you're a psychic and know what I do? No, your wrong about me and your ridiculous assumptions.

Actually, it is accurate and mostly voted by biased fans. If you can't see this in threads such as Superman vs. Hulk or Hulk vs. Godzilla, you're even more blind then I thought.

Yes really, you have no idea what series I follow or what I know or don't know. Based on what I know, I think you're blinded by arrogance and ignorance. Maybe I just want to help others who ask me something, unlike you I don't think I know everything about everything but I am familiar with things I follow.

No, and I only see you disagreeing with the wit point so keep on believing that ok? No, I never compared myself to Einstein, you obviously misunderstood my analogy. I even admitted that I'm not nearly as smart as he was, nor are you. Just feel free to ignore that part of the post though.

Nah, I think you want to engage me because you find some sort of amusement or challenge in it otherwise you'd not waste past a few posts on me. So obviously you care what I do a lot. You need a new hobby seriously, no space books to read huh?

• Being a cheerleader is not stealing thunder. I think you are confused.
  • You can think my whole post is wrong if you want. It just makes you even more wrong.
  • English expert does not know the difference between your and you're? Astounding.
  • I already broke down how your 90% business was nothing but bullsh!t. But I am open to you proving your case. Just bring me the facts, not conjecture and fabricated statistics. Actually prove it.
  • I do not know the full range of your knowledge, this is true. But I can safely say that as far as the things that have been discussed in this thread, it is pretty limited.
  • How do you know I am not as smart as Einstein? What facts are you basing this assumption on?
  • The why I chose to engage you is irrelevant. The fact remains that you chose to also engage me. So any insult you direct at me as to how I spend my time is equally reflected back at you.
Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Buckshot said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

Untrue, and I point that out because Bane not going down as soon as his mask was messed up was something I was glad to see in the movie.

Maybe i'm remembering wrong (I'm apparently one of the few who was bored watching the movie) but I could have sworn that

Batman punched Bane's mask, it broke, he started showing pain & weakness. Batman was then on top of him, Bane looked pretty helpless until Talia shanked Bats.

But even then, Cap seems so much stronger physically and I was not impressed with Batman's or Bane's fighting ability in the movie. Based on the movie version, I want to say Cap takes both of them down at the same time.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Jezer

Erik is one of those people who's posts you should just - not look at. And you should make a habit out of it.

Or else, that undeserved condescension(because you should actually be above someone before you talk down to them) and pseudo-intellectualism will bait you into arguing on his level.

I learned that after having a 3 day debate with him on basic English comprehension that he didn't understand. I learned that he can't admit when he's wrong. I learned that having a high post count doesn't magically give you intelligence - education is important. Most importantly, I learned that it's more important that you simply not engage with him. Seriously, he does not deserve screen time or you even giving him attention by pointing out how laughable he is.

So, you should prolly just let it go. Don't make the same mistake I did and keep replying to him for several pages.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As to who is more intelligent in the movie ... it goes to neither Bruce nor Bane. Talia wins that one hands down. I question how much of the planning and prep can be attributed to Bane and how much was Talia's initiative. She was the brains behind the operation the whole time.

So yeah. Really, it was Talia who out smarted Bruce far more so.

Good movie. Just got out of IMAX a few hours ago. I'd have to give the 'creepy' factor to Bane. But movie Rogers should win that fight.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Om4zd:

@Om4zd said:

No it does not. I would like you to prove that with actual facts. Not just some crazy opinion.

Lol.

Folks in 'real life' don't fight that 'fluidly' because their moves are not choreographed by Hollywood directors. Just saying.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Vaeternus
    @ ERi K,
    -No, not confused you accused me of being a cheerleader and/or stealing another guys point. Wrong. Maybe you're confused

-No, you're wrong about me and my posts, flat out.

-Actually, I do. Proof of such me not knowing the difference between "your" and you're" ? Now you're grasping at straws if you're attempting to attack my grammar. I guess being up in space and that lack of oxygen got to you huh?

-Yes, it was bs. You have no proof of anything backing your claim and I fabricated nothing. Delusional much?

-Limited? lol after you say "I don't know the full range of your knowledge" such a moot and contradicting point. lol That makes no sense, try again. But my knowledge is more then you know.

-So now you're comparing yourself to Einstein asking me "how do I know if you're not as smart as him" lol yeah, keep dreaming.

-No, more so I chose to stand up to your elitist, arrogant attitude and have no problem putting guys like you in their place. I did find your posts amusing though.

@Jezer said:

Erik is one of those people who's posts you should just - not look at. And you should make a habit out of it.

Or else, that undeserved condescension(because you should actually be above someone before you talk down to them) and pseudo-intellectualism will bait you into arguing on his level.

I learned that after having a 3 day debate with him on basic English comprehension that he didn't understand. I learned that he can't admit when he's wrong. I learned that having a high post count doesn't magically give you intelligence - education is important. Most importantly, I learned that it's more important that you simply not engage with him. Seriously, he does not deserve screen time or you even giving him attention by pointing out how laughable he is.

So, you should prolly just let it go. Don't make the same mistake I did and keep replying to him for several pages.

lol, oh was starting to get that vibe indeed. Yes, thank you for post and for the advice, it is probably the best thing I can do at this point. You're completely 100% right, I was detecting this pattern as you can see. One thing I can't stand are people with elitist attitudes, I just have no to little tolerance for that. If you want to disagree with me, make your point. Fine, but don't belittle me or try to say "your opinion is always wrong, irrelevant blah, blah" that's just childish to me.

Some people just can't admit when they're wrong or can't see past their own opinions. *shrugs* I hear ya dude lol. It's like beating a dead horse. So I'll just ignore him.@Eri k

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: After Batman broke Bane's mask, Bane went off on him, hitting seemingly harder and faster than he had at any point before. He was clearly in pain and lost control (which let Batman turn things around), but it's not like he was instantly debilitated. Showing pain in a fight is nothing new. Saying he'd start crying after a punch suggests something that wasn't shown in the movie.

TERMINATOR1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By TERMINATOR1000

@Buckshot: i've been going nuts trying to remember which batman movie that was where bane broke batmans mask. which one was it?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Vaeternus

@Buckshot said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: After Batman broke Bane's mask, Bane went off on him, hitting seemingly harder and faster than he had at any point before. He was clearly in pain and lost control (which let Batman turn things around), but it's not like he was instantly debilitated. Showing pain in a fight is nothing new. Saying he'd start crying after a punch suggests something that wasn't shown in the movie.

Yeah, did Bane actually get stronger? I could swear after he busted Bane's mask, he literally punched thru a pillar but Batman was dodging his attacks at that point.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By nick_hero22

@Jezer said:

MKF30 is one of those people who's posts you should just - not look at. And you should make a habit out of it.

I wholeheartedly agree

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Vaeternus

@nick_hero22 said:

@Jezer said:

MKF30 is one of those people who's posts you should just - not look at. And you should make a habit out of it.

I wholeheartedly argee

What does argee mean? Is this a new word I'm not familiar with. Oh btw Editing what Jezer said out of context makes you look silly since that's not what he said. I wholeheartedly agree that people like nick_hero22 shouldn't be posting.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By nick_hero22

@Vaeternus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Jezer said:

I wholeheartedly argee

What does argee mean? Is this a new word I'm not familiar with. Oh btw Saying what Jezer said in context makes me look silly since that's what he said. I wholeheartedly agree that people like me shouldn't be posting.

This is the most logical thing you have said in this entire thread and you spelled "agree" wrong as well.

a·gree/əˈgrē/

Verb:
  1. Have the same opinion about something; concur: "I completely agree with your recent editorial".
  2. Approve of (something) with regard to its moral correctness: "I'm not sure I agree with abortion".
Synonyms:
consent - accord - assent - concur - tally - accede

More info » - - -