• Standard gear
  • In-character
  • Win by death or Incap
#2 Edited by qwe (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy can't do shit to him,Ban win

#3 Posted by GXrevs06 (3381 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#4 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a while since I watched it, so I could be wrong, but wasn't Ban pretty much immortal?

#5 Edited by KingZod (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

Ban's powerset is gonna make this one messy

#6 Posted by Erick_Williams (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad match up, almost mismatch

Avatar image for westwood_trevor
#7 Posted by Westwood_Trevor (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that's bait and i think op knows that. . .

#8 Posted by AlexTheBoss (13242 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way I see Guy winning is if he can completely vaporize Ban with his strikes. Not sure if he could do that so I'll go with Ban since Guy will tire himself out or go 8 gates and die.

#9 Posted by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

Bait and mismatch in Guy's favor.

#10 Posted by Chaos239 (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

8 Gates + Night Guy = Dead Ban

#11 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: can't he just steal Guy's strength and wait for him to exhaust himself?

#12 Posted by Chaos239 (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: can't he just steal Guy's strength and wait for him to exhaust himself?

Not before he's blitzed into paste.

#13 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: considering he took hits from Meliodas, who casually split a mountain in half with a twig, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Guy's only chance is The 8th gate, and Ban will still be around by the time he's done

#14 Posted by CaoCao (771 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239:

Guy's only chance is The 8th gate, and Ban will still be around by the time he's done

Well, 8th Gate is at best then a stalemate, because both die. (Guy by the sideeffects)

#15 Posted by Chaos239 (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: considering he took hits from Meliodas, who casually split a mountain in half with a twig, I'm sure he'll be fine.

8th Gate Guy hits harder than anyone in SDS could even imagine. Reminder that he nearly killed Juubidara, the same Juubidara who would lolstomp the Sins?

#16 Posted by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy would blitz him and knock him out without ever needing to go above 6 or 7 gates.

#17 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: juubidara would lolstomp them, but has shown to be vulnerable to Physical attacks. And he only survived due to his healing.

Ban can heal a lot faster than Juubidara and will be the last one standing if Guy uses the eighth gate, which will kill him.

#18 Posted by Chaos239 (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: juubidara would lolstomp them, but has shown to be vulnerable to Physical attacks. And he only survived due to his healing.

Ban can heal a lot faster than Juubidara and will be the last one standing if Guy uses the eighth gate, which will kill him.

Ban hasn't got the feats to suggest he wouldn't get pasted by Night Guy.

#19 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: considering he has survived getting his upper body completely blown apart, he'llbe more than capable of surviving.

He's immortal, hands down, no argument. Guy isn't and has a bigger limit than Ban

#20 Edited by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: Guy doesn't have to kill him. Ban's healing factor wouldn't allow it even if he tried. But Ban has no blunt force durability feats to suggest he wouldn't be KO'd by a single hit from Guy, and he massively slower.

Stat draining wouldn't work for several obvious reasons...

#21 Posted by Chaos239 (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: Feats of him surviving his entire body turned to paste ad then being splattered around?

#22 Posted by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239 said:

@sladerulez: Feats of him surviving his entire body turned to paste ad then being splattered around?

Umm... Ban has actual survived this exact thing the way you described it, lol.

#23 Posted by Chaos239 (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239 said:

Umm... Ban has actual survived this exact thing the way you described it, lol.

Well this is gonna be fun to see, Ban gets ragdolled around I guess...maybe he could get BFRd?

#24 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: you seem to forget that this is also in character and Guy Knows nothing about Ban. Ban, on the other hand, has no reason to hold back, because it isn't in character for him to do so.

He doesn't even need to touch him, he just needs to get close enough to rip out his heart via snatch or steal his strength before Guy uses the seventh or eigth gate

#25 Posted by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: Just blitzed and KO'd. I don't remember Guy ever BFR'ing anyone, but here he doesn't need to.

#26 Posted by Chaos239 (4665 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: Just blitzed and KO'd. I don't remember Guy ever BFR'ing anyone, but here he doesn't need to.

Oh, I didn't see KO was viable.

#27 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: ban is literally blown up every single fight.

The way i see it is Guy ragdolling until he runs out of steam. And after that, Ban tears him a new one. That's how he fought Meliodas.

#28 Edited by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: Character doesn't have anything to do with Guy running up to Ban and punching him.

Too slow for Fox Hunt.

#29 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: he'd run up and punch him... In base.

He wouldn't use the gates unless there wasn't any choice. And Ban is faster than Meliodas. Besides, he can use the fox hunt while being punched around.

#30 Edited by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: Ban has never been faster than Meliodas, what are you basing that on? Ban only scales to sealed Meli in speed who's slower than Guy anyway. Probably not base Guy but Ban isn't killing him before he opens a gate.

Edit: After revisiting feats I'd say base Guy is faster than Meli.

#31 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: it's stated right here that Ban's speed is above Meliodas by a large margin.

And Meliodas can counter Gil's lightning. So it's safe to Say Ban isn't as fast as Guy, but he's fast enough and tough enough to take Base guy.

#32 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: sorry, didn't send the link

https://m.imgur.com/a/F8wKP

#33 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

Ban sends a ban hammer

#34 Edited by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: and why wouldn't he? Ban has shown to have no problem killing people he doesn't know. He was even willing to Kill Meliodas, his closest friend.

I doubt he wouldn't have a problem killing Gut

#35 Edited by HitTheAssasin (6200 posts) - - Show Bio

Ban. He's quite literally the worst matchup for Gai considering his immortality, extreme regeneration and that he's seemingly nigh-impossible to knock out as well as his ability to steal stats or take out Gai's heart with Fox Hunt.

#36 Edited by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: Ban only became faster than Meli after he stole Meli's own stats and atacked them on top of his. This was revealed like 2 pages later. Additionally, Meliodas' lightning timing isn't consistent with any other speed feats in the series. Base Guy is comparable to KCM Naruto who outsped Ay, the latter who moves at least as fast as lightning.

Base Guy would just knock him out.

#37 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: was that after he used fox hunt? I could have sworn he had done that prior to stealing Meli's strength

#38 Edited by HitTheAssasin (6200 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: How the hell is BASE Guy faster than Meliodas? Unless you mean BoS Mel, in which case I suppose it's possible.

#39 Posted by sladerulez (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: Base guy lacks the feats to suggest he can KO Ban. I can believe Gates guy taking a KO, But not Base

#40 Posted by HitTheAssasin (6200 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: Oh, and one more thing. You're saying Guy blitzes and knock Ban out, but since when does base Guy have even remotely enough striking power to accomplish something like that, which people like Galan were unable to do? Besides, it's not like it's possible to even knock Ban out. Knocking people out occurs from bashing their head so hard that their brain comes in contact with the Skull or from overwhelming pain. Both of these have proven in effective against Ban, who seemingly has an unreal pain tolerance and has tanked getting punched in the face hard enough to knock his brain around many times, but hasn't even been fazed, let alone knocked out.

#41 Edited by HitTheAssasin (6200 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: Oh, and one more thing. You're saying Guy blitzes and knock Ban out, but since when does base Guy have even remotely enough striking power to accomplish something like that, which people like Galan were unable to do? Besides, it's not like it's possible to even knock Ban out. Knocking people out occurs from bashing their head so hard that their brain comes in contact with the Skull or from overwhelming pain. Both of these have proven ineffective against Ban, who seemingly has an unreal pain tolerance and has tanked getting punched in the face hard enough to knock his brain around many times, but hasn't even been fazed, let alone knocked out.

#42 Posted by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: How the hell is BASE Guy faster than Meliodas? Unless you mean BoS Mel, in which case is supposs it's possible.

Yeah Seales Meli. I haven't lost my mind lol.

@god_vulcan: was that after he used fox hunt? I could have sworn he had done that prior to stealing Meli's strength

Actually nevermind I think you're right. But at the beginning of the fight they were trading blows evenly, Meli even moved FTE to him with the opening punch. So at this point Ban didn't have an "overwhelming speed advantage" as we clearly see otherwise.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

After Meli punched him into Byzel Rock, Ban regenerated, got back up, and started moving faster and hitting harder than he did before, while Meli got gradually slower and weaker. That's when the statement was made, and the next page after Meli punches him slowly he buckles to his knees and it's revealed Ban had been draining his stats:

No Caption Provided

The worded of the statement in the translation you linked was really weird. The flow of events are different from what was being stated.

#43 Edited by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez said:

@god_vulcan: Base guy lacks the feats to suggest he can KO Ban. I can believe Gates guy taking a KO, But not Base

Ban literally has 1 durability in the entire series and that's tanking the punch that split Byzel rock. And I still haven't dropped the argument of him using Gates in the fight, just not at the beginning. But Ban can't put him down before he uses Gates and at that point it's over. So base probably isn't KO'ing him but Peacock and Tiger definitely will.

@hittheassasin said:

@god_vulcan: Oh, and one more thing. You're saying Guy blitzes and knock Ban out, but since when does base Guy have even remotely enough striking power to accomplish something like that, which people like Galan were unable to do? Besides, it's not like it's possible to even knock Ban out. Knocking people out occurs from bashing their head so hard that their brain comes in contact with the Skull or from overwhelming pain. Both of these have proven ineffective against Ban, who seemingly has an unreal pain tolerance and has tanked getting punched in the face hard enough to knock his brain around many times, but hasn't even been fazed, let alone knocked out.

Being knocked unconscious has nothing to do with pain tolerance. You can be knocked out cold and not feel a thing. And the brain-skull-rattle thing you're describing is a concussion which is different.

Also it doesn't have to be Guy in base. 6th or 7th Gates are viable options since the fight isn't ending early.

#44 Edited by HitTheAssasin (6200 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: But the thing is, is there anything stopping Ban from using Fox Hunt or Physical Hunt right at the beginning, before Guy activates the gates? After all it's been shown to be completely in-character for him since the 10C Arc and Guy has no answers to them, especially Fox Hunt.

#45 Posted by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@hittheassasin: That's an interestibg perspective. But I think if Ban uses Physical Hunt before Guy opens any Gates, Guy could counter by opening a Gate right then which would reverse the effects. Remember Ban's upper stat drain limit is base Galan and 7th Gate Guy has better feats than that.

I can see the match going either way now at least. Good debate (to both you and slade).

#46 Posted by Thenewguysnm1 (6335 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos239: @sladerulez: @god_vulcan:ban stomps remember guy starts in base so would get blitzed and 1 shot

also ic guy won't go 8th gate as he only does that when protecting someone or something precious

he also has no way around bans immortality he cant win

#47 Posted by HigherPower (11743 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenewguysnm1: Ban can't blitz or oneshot base Guy, and in-character he wouldn't hesitate to use gates once he deems worthy. Once he goes straight to 6th or 7th he'd destroy Ban, as Ban doesn't have the stats to put him down earlier enough and stat draining would only prompt him to open Gates sooner.

#48 Posted by Helloman (19222 posts) - - Show Bio

Ban wins.

#49 Posted by DeathHero61 (17573 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Rustlingjimmy (760 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided