User Lists: 0

College ball feats for Baldur?

CodeVein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well Nanomachines Adapt and harden to physical trauma.

But OP didn't say Baldur is Post Mistletoe and therefore is no longer mortal.

Stalemate I guess.

CodeVein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Unfortunately Senator stomps him in his College ball skillz and Navy skillz also his political skills are unmatched.

(Vote Armstrong for President 2019)

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlackWizzard17

The nanomachines react to physical force and defend a lot of brute force damage but I'm sure Baldur can get past that at full power especially with his aoe elemental abilities

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armstrong whoops him.

Faster, hits just as hard and has a direct counter to blunt force.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mee09

I actually don't know. Baldur is immortal and might be a bit stronger because of what he did to The World Serpent. But Armstrong is too durable for Baldur to land anything truly harmful and has a healing factor on top of that.

Armstrong can't really win in a fight to the death but Baldur isn't going to get past the Nanomachines.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armstrong

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually a cool fight

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baldur and Kratos have feats dwarfing Armstrong. Chronos and the Serpent dwarf Metal Gears so much its ridiculous.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By red_ruby_petal

Baldur and Kratos are waaayy stronger than Armstrong though Armstrong still has them beat in both striking power and speed by a pretty large margin which is more relevant in fights. I guess someone can make a case of grapples favoring Baldur but Armstrong can pretty much crack his skull beforehand because of how hard he hits. Baldur might even open up to punches which is pretty useless against him. Even Raiden has better striking power and that did nothing to Armstrong.

It doesn't feel like a stomp due to certain advantages but Armstrong has him beat more times than not IMO.

Baldur is a better villain, not even nanomachines can one up his awesomeness.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly probably Armstrong. Nanomachines son.

awshucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: You say Raiden has better striking power but I don't think he could have KOed the world serpent like Baldur did.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Does anyone else think the world serpent feat is an outlier? Kratos own lifting and pushing feats don't add up to his striking and in the story I think k it's clear Baldur and Kratos are about the same. I don't think Kratos would be able to knock out the world serpent as easily as Baldur did unless we have context ( and story wise it doesn't make much sense as Baldur superior in Thor won't be able to stomp the World Serpent)

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

raiden > kratos

armstrong > baldur

based on the op

senator wins this

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awshucks: We didn't see how he did it. Its possible he could have thrown something at it constantly. Moreover, the World Serpent was trying to keep Kratos and Atreus in hence why it fell out of stress than it did by actually being KOd.

It wouldn't have made sense that Baldur would be superior to it. Lore wise thor stalemated the World Serpent, so why does Baldur do better than Thor did?

But in terms of being able to K.O the serpent, he definitely can since the serpent doesn't really have any noteworthy durability feats. Armstrong has already obliterated a giant Metal Gear with one full punch.

No Caption Provided

The head which is required to knock it down isn't really isn't that big.

No Caption Provided

Excelsus's full body eclipses that in size

No Caption Provided

Excelsus' body which Armstrong destroyed already shows that he can easily crack the skull of the World Serpent whenever he wants to. He could easily kill the serpent.

Speaking of Raiden, he also managed to

parries a thrust hit from Ray
parries a thrust hit from Ray

who...

jumped hundreds if not a thousand feet into the air.
jumped hundreds if not a thousand feet into the air.

And the fact he can intercept a intercept a hit from Senator and this requires striking power

No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Its not an outlier. It's a good feat but Kratos wrestled with Chronos and apparently he and Baldur were going to be throwing mountains. The writers likely perceive Kratos as far more powerful than he can be argued on the forums.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: I didn't know wrestling equaled striking

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: You were suggesting it was an outlier. The point was Kratos has other feats on that level so theres a consistency. No reason to bring up differences in striking and lifting when the discussion is overall stats.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: No, I was clearly talking about how his striking against the Serpent felt like an outlier. My point stands and you've done nothing to argue against it. Name a feat of kratos striking something on that level and knocking it out if you can. You may be more knowledgeable on GOW then me.

I a fight where punching are going to get thrown what sense does it make not to talk about striking over lifting?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sy8000

@sy8000: No, I was clearly talking about how his striking against the Serpent felt like an outlier. My point stands and you've done nothing to argue against it. Name a feat of kratos striking something on that level and knocking it out if you can. You may be more knowledgeable on GOW then me.

I a fight where punching are going to get thrown what sense does it make not to talk about striking over lifting?

There's no reason for Kratos to have widely disparate lifting and striking. From the perspective of the writers I doubt there's any difference. This seems really nit-picky to be honest.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: In other words you have nothing to add to debate expect what you choose to believe, not what a in front of you. Thanks for that.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: In other words you have nothing to add to debate expect what you choose to believe, not what a in front of you. Thanks for that.

No...a character who the writers think could toss a mountain knocking out a mountain sized serpent is not an outlier it's basic reasoning.

Seriously the forums overthink things so much...

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: No we just like tangible feats, if you don't have that way of thinking it's fine but don't think we're over thinking anything. When kratos does something like your suggesting fine, until then it's headcanon with nothing to back it up in the actual game.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By darko1234

@red_ruby_petal: I disagree, baldur knocked Snake fair and share,there is no reason to lowball him it was knocked out cold for long time .

" why it fell out of stress than it did by actually being KOd." No , just no.

and baldur did not throw somethign at it, i mean what would he throw stone , three? Please, he would do much more damage with his strikes than if he throw something, besiedes we know that he hited and shaked snake tree times,and snake does not have many durabiltiy feats , but he have some ,You think that thor could not throw some stone or tree at snake if it was that easy to knock out snake than thor would destory it with ease in fight.

"so why does Baldur do better than Thor did"

compeltly irelvant, it is clear that he knocked it out with ease, why he did better than thor is not important, point is he did,so yes i agre that amstrogn can do that, but feat was very impresive, snake is as big as mountain and to knock soemthing like that is very hard, it does not have many feats but we have sene that it can effortlesly destroy very large and very thick thigns withotu any harm, it can fight evenly with thor , thor should be comperable to kratos, but most importantly buy its share size it is impresive, do you know how hart it is to knock Blue wheel, extremly hard, you could hit it with car and you would not knock it out , and this snake is much much biger, and mimir said when snake fighted thor they colison shaked all nine realms.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@darko1234:

I disagree, baldur knocked Snake fair and share,there is no reason to lowball him it was knocked out cold for long time .

" why it fell out of stress than it did by actually being KOd." No , just no.

The Snake trying to keep itself stable while Kratos and Atreus were in it and the reason it moved from water to land in some place safe was very intentional and that can cause a lot of stress with no room the fight back and just getting your skull knocked constantly.

and baldur did not throw somethign at it, i mean what would he throw stone , three? Please, he would do much more damage with his strikes than if he throw something, besiedes we know that he hited and shaked snake tree times,and snake does not have many durabiltiy feats , but he have some ,You think that thor could not throw some stone or tree at snake if it was that easy to knock out snake than thor would destory it with ease in fight.

Like he tried to throw a massive rock at Kratos, which does seem like something that would hurt the Snake.

"so why does Baldur do better than Thor did"

compeltly irelvant, it is clear that he knocked it out with ease, why he did better than thor is not important,

It is important because you'd be ignoring an incredibly important plot point that Thor is obviously superior to Baldur, being talked about as the real big bad of the game who they are saving for later.

point is he did,so yes i agre that amstrogn can do that, but feat was very impresive, snake is as big as mountain and to knock soemthing like that is very hard,

It is hard, and since you agree Senator can do it as well since its just hitting the head which no real durability feats or history, I am not exactly attempting to lowball here, but often times people it out as if he is some glorified high tier. Also its head isn't as big as a mountain as I showed in the picture ( and mountains do vary in size ). The scale between Raiden and the entirety Excelsus which Armstrong one shotted with a strong punch is bigger than the head of the Snake.

it does not have many feats but we have sene that it can effortlesly destroy very large and very thick thigns withotu any harm, it can fight evenly with thor , thor should be comperable to kratos, but most importantly buy its share size it is impresive, do you know how hart it is to knock Blue wheel, extremly hard, you could hit it with car and you would not knock it out ,

We are talking in a thread about superhumans, so I am not sure how analogy helps. I just think Senator is certainly comparable, or I actually believe is better because he actually destroyed Excelsus. The scale between Excelsus and Raiden seemed bigger than the head of the Snake and Kratos

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

that and Metal Gears have a history of being extremely hard to kill.

I only have a problem with people making out Baldur as a high tier because of the feat and that Senator cant do the exact same thing.

and this snake is much much biger, and mimir said when snake fighted thor they colison shaked all nine realms.

Yeah but its not uncommon for GoW to overpower the power level of their lore, which if we were to reimagine to what is shown in the games, the dynamic is completely different and in CV threads we kinda tend to go for what is shown that what is in lore and we go for that dynamic. If you want to argue with lore you can go for threads like composite Kratos or something along the lines.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

i say Armstrong

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we take Baldurs feat at face value it makes no sense in terms of lore of the HOW so either there was more too it or it was simply inconsistent writing

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By darko1234

@red_ruby_petal: "The Snake trying to keep itself stable while Kratos and Atreus were in it and the reason it moved from water to land in some place safe was very intentional and that can cause a lot of stress with no room the fight back and just getting your skull knocked constantly."

He did not try to make himself stable, having kratos or arterus is not some burden, there was no stress, , and bladur koncked it out for long time , snake was cold for good amount of time ,

"Like he tried to throw a massive rock at Kratos, which does seem like something that would hurt the Snake."

It would not hurt snake, baldur punch did much more damage to kratos than rock he trown wich is logical, and like i siad if it was that easy to knock snake out, thror would do it.

"It is important because you'd be ignoring an incredibly important plot point that Thor is obviously superior to Baldur, being talked about as the real big bad of the game who they are saving for later."

IT does not mean he is superior, this game does not follow myths.

"It is hard, and since you agree Senator can do it as well since its just hitting the head which no real durability feats or history, I am not exactly attempting to lowball here, but often times people it out as if he is some glorified high tier. Also its head isn't as big as a mountain as I showed in the picture ( and mountains do vary in size ). The scale between Raiden and the entirety Excelsus which Armstrong one shotted with a strong punch is bigger than the head of the Snake."

Its not just head, snake as whole is big as mountain , like i siad try to knock out blue wheel who is much much smaler and weaker than this snake, it is very hard . And snake does have durability feats it completly crushed extremly large thigns , and titans without being scarched by thsoe impacts , and thor was not able to harm it. And baldur is high tier.

"We are talking in a thread about superhumans, so I am not sure how analogy helps. I just think Senator is certainly comparable, or I actually believe is better because he actually destroyed Excelsus. The scale between Excelsus and Raiden seemed bigger than the head of the Snake and Kratos"

Not relly scale is not biger at all, but kratos is clsoer to us on picture so it looks like that scale is biger but it is not.

And i would not say that it is better, i think it is comperable

"Yeah but its not uncommon for GoW to overpower the power level of their lore, which if we were to reimagine to what is shown in the games, the dynamic is completely different and in CV threads we kinda tend to go for what is shown that what is in lore and we go for that dynamic. If you want to argue with lore you can go for threads like composite Kratos or something along the lines."

When did they overpower the power in their lore? Besides Mimir would not lie , he never lied , he knows almsot evreything, and he siad that their colison shocked all nine realms, we dont need to see that, we never seen toaa creating multiverse but we know he did by statments from other characters like Living Tribunal.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheSerbianEmpire

@darko1234: Baldur is Odin's tracker and diplomat, Thor is his killer, and armed with equipment to make him stronger, along with a literal super weapon, its obvious baldur is weaker.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By darko1234

@theserbianempire: I did not say that baldur is strogner, i said it was clear than he knocket snake out cold, besides killers are not always strogner.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darko1234: It just literally makes zero sence for baldur to be stronger than thor with his equipment. Also while he did shake it and cause shockwaves, he dint do any lasting damage.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By darko1234

@theserbianempire: I know, but point is he knocked it out cold for good amount of time, to knock mountain sized snake is very very hard, and sanake does have impresive durabiltiy feats, like evenly fighting thor , and mimir said that their colision completly shooked all nine realms ,and he was not knocked out from that, and we have seen snake effortesly crushing extremly large (almost mouitnain sized), thigns like titan ,and snake hited titan at great speed , and was not even scrached by that impact, and like siad thor could not beat it.So baldur is definitely high tier , not only that but evrey punch from baldur shooked entire sankes body .

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@darko1234:

He did not try to make himself stable, having kratos or arterus is not some burden, there was no stress, , and bladur koncked it out for long time , snake was cold for good amount of time ,

The amount of time it was knocked cold doesn't really associate with what was going on with him. He knocked it, but there was clearly other factors to play is what I am saying.

It would not hurt snake, baldur punch did much more damage to kratos than rock he trown wich is logical, and like i siad if it was that easy to knock snake out, thror would do it.

I don't think so, Kratos had to give it his all to break it and thought that the rock crushing Baldur would put him down for good.

IT does not mean he is superior, this game does not follow myths.

Its not just a myth, its an important plot point.

Its not just head, snake as whole is big as mountain , like i siad try to knock out blue wheel who is much much smaler and weaker than this snake, it is very hard .

But you only need to hit the head to put it out unconscious and make an impact to the brain. I think that is just common sense that a body shot is completely unnecessary especially when its head literally doesn't even make up a 1/100th of its body. Also it doesn't have the anatomy of a blue whale where its head makes up a large part of its body.

And snake does have durability feats it completly crushed extremly large thigns , and titans without being scarched by thsoe impacts , and thor was not able to harm it.

Those are pretty mediocre for things for that size. Its an impressive feat to be able to knock it down, its not something street levellers can do, but you shouldn't take its entire scale of the Snake to gauge Baldur's striking strength.

And baldur is high tier.

High tiers are above island busting, and they've operated on that scale.

When did they overpower the power in their lore? Besides Mimir would not lie , he never lied , he knows almsot evreything, and he siad that their colison shocked all nine realms, we dont need to see that, we never seen toaa creating multiverse but we know he did by statments from other characters like Living Tribunal.

Its generally hard to solidify statements on its own, and those statements is fine until you actually see them. We have nothing to go against TOAA but we do have something against GoW through how the scenes are made and what is in its dynamic. In short we are already "shown" their power level and their internal consistency.

And just asking are you trying to say the Snake is some multi-versal entity because the 9 realms kinda means 9 universes with different pacing of time.

darko1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darko1234

@red_ruby_petal: "The amount of time it was knocked cold doesn't really associate with what was going on with him. He knocked it, but there was clearly other factors to play is what I am saying."

I disagree he knocked it out fair and share for good amoutn of time , there as no contest behind that.

"I don't think so, Kratos had to give it his all to break it and thought that the rock crushing Baldur would put him down for good." Not really, baldur throwed boulders at kratos and kratos no selled it , but his hits hurted kratos and stunded him for sone time, and baldur was not trying his best

"Its not just a myth, its an important plot point."

I dont remeber that it was ever siad that baldur is weaker than thor, i am not saying that he is not , but i dont remeber when it was siad.

"But you only need to hit the head to put it out unconscious and make an impact to the brain. I think that is just common sense that a body shot is completely unnecessary especially when its head literally doesn't even make up a 1/100th of its body. Also it doesn't have the anatomy of a blue whale where its head makes up a large part of its body."

Its not that easy, like i said head of this snake is much biger than head for blue wheel, hell do you know how hard would be to knock out rihno , not even car at full speed can knock them out, hell humans cannot knock out gorilla, they have no chance to knock out gorilla.

"Those are pretty mediocre for things for that size. Its an impressive feat to be able to knock it down, its not something street levellers can do, but you shouldn't take its entire scale of the Snake to gauge Baldur's striking strength."

I know, what i am saying is snake does have some impresive durability feats,it competly and effortlesly crushed tiatns that are as big as mountain in one hit, and it hited titan with great speed and was not even scrached by that impact and it hited him with his head, and like i siad thor who should be much strogner than kratos could not knock it out at all.So it is very impressive feat and hits from baldur competly shooked its enitre body, and body of that snake is as big as mountain , imagine competly shooking entire mountain with punch .

"High tiers are above island busting, and they've operated on that scale."

I meant live action high tiers compared to mcu hulk, thor and dceu superman. But he is mid tier if we count comics

"Its generally hard to solidify statements on its own, and those statements is fine until you actually see them. We have nothing to go against TOAA but we do have something against GoW through how the scenes are made and what is in its dynamic. In short we are already "shown" their power level and their internal consistency.

And just asking are you trying to say the Snake is some multi-versal entity because the 9 realms kinda means 9 universes with different pacing of time."

Yes but like i siad mimir knows almost evreything he is near omniscient, he would not lie, he never lied, so their colison shooked all nine realms,and snake was not knocked out.And we do have evicence for that , their battle between thor and the world serpent breaked space-time itself and send snake to the past, so that is reason why snake is here in game. So that feat is ridiculously immpresive.And i know are that they are unvierses more like some continets or something but i dont know but like i siad baldur feat is crazy , that could be even high tier feat.

HulkBusterx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baldur is literally a god.

Sonath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Baldur, but this is very hard.

Woodward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baldur in a long fight.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no idea someone had a reply to me this long ago. I stand by striking power and speed being the bigger factor around here.

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Round 1 Armstrong with energy absorption and nanomachine powers only

Round 2 Armstrong without using his powers

Fight takes at the final battle in Metal Gear Rising

No knowledges

Win by any means

Who wins?

Baldur cant die so it's a never ending battle

game_king597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bob74h: And why baldur can't just knock the hell of Armstrong?

The feats kratos has dwarfs Armstrong it is not even funny.