• Baldur is cursed
  • Win via death or incapacitation
  • Takes place in Metropolis
#2 Posted by KingLouie (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

Baldur

"I can't feel any of this"

#3 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod eventually.

If it's up to incapacitation, then it's up to who snaps who's neck first, since Baldur seemed to be out for the first go-round it had happened and all.

Zod is faster overall and has better striking. His body is also a hell of a lot more durable.

#4 Posted by Sy8000 (35064 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't played the game but Baldur should win given Zod would get wrecked by something as big as the Serpent.

#5 Posted by Amcu (16212 posts) - - Show Bio

Baldur is stronger at least. Not sure if he has the striking, durability or speed to win this though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
#6 Posted by deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: he knocked out the Serpent and was dashing around just like Zod

Avatar image for theserbianempire
#7 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, heatvision is out of the question once Baldur adapts to it, than it becaumes a hand to hand battle, which Baldur should win.

#8 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, heatvision is out of the question once Baldur adapts to it, than it becaumes a hand to hand battle, which Baldur should win.

Adapts? What? It would cut him in half, and then that would be it. Not that Zod even uses this ability much.

#9 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Baldur can adapt to heat based attacks...

#10 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

Baldur might be too slow. Unless Zod is dumb enough to try to take a hit

#11 Posted by KingTchalla03 (670 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire said:

@batman242: Baldur can adapt to heat based attacks...

Beyond asking you for proof of this, heat vision isn't only heat, it's pressure also. And Baldur doesn't have feats to resist that much pressure being applied to any spot on his body since he's been cut by blunt force alone.

Heat vision would cut him in half and easily. But like I said, it's not like Zod even uses this attack.

#13 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: he would heal.

Not if it cuts him in half, he wouldn't.

I don't know why people get this idea that people with regenerative abilities all of a sudden can't be dismembered. I mean we watched DCEU Doomsday, who has better regen abilities than Baldur get his arm cut off. Baldur gets cut in half if Zod uses heat vision from end of his body to the next.

#14 Posted by The_Magister (13443 posts) - - Show Bio

Baldur.

#15 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Baldur becaumes immune to the Blades of Chaos in the boss fight and uses heat based attacks after being exposed to it also. Same thing with the Leviathan axe.

He gets cut by Kratos's punches, which he healed from easily and are >>>> heatvision in pressure.

#16 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire: Baldur becaumes immune to the Blades of Chaos in the boss fight and uses heat based attacks after being exposed to it also. Same thing with the Leviathan axe.

And was that adaptation instantaneous, or even fast enough so that he'd adapt before the heat vision gets to the other end of his body in one swipe?

He gets cut by Kratos's punches, which he healed from easily and are >>>> heatvision in pressure.

........But he still got cut, which was the point, right?

Beyond that, Kratos' punches aren't inflicting as much pressure on one area as much as heat vision does. If this were the case, Kratos would be punching literal holes in everything he striked, including Baldur. It seems you don't understand precisely what pressure is.

#17 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: "And was that adaptation instantaneous, or even fast enough so that he'd adapt before the heat vision gets to the other end of his body in one swipe"

It isnt instantaneous, but as long as he has like one or two seconds of exposure hes good.

"........But he still got cut, which was the point, right?

Beyond that, Kratos' punches aren't inflicting as much pressure on one area as much as heat vision does. If this were the case, Kratos would be punching literal holes in everything he striked, including Baldur. It seems you don't understand precisely what pressure is."

Kratos's blades weapons wernt having much effect on him until he was mortal, so Heat Vision being concentrated dosent mean it will harm him significantly more. In both cases he ends Baldur, its not with a bladed weapon.

#18 Posted by Megafanflash (754 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Baldur is stronger at least. Not sure if he has the striking, durability or speed to win this though.

I'd almost say Baldur has better durability and similar striking abilities. Speed is the most important advantage Zod has.

#19 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire: It isnt instantaneous, but as long as he has like one or two seconds of exposure hes good.

No Caption Provided

What part of this would take two seconds to reach one end of any part of Baldur's body from another? Zod only has to turn his head a literal 10-20° of the 85° or so he did in the above GIF to split Baldur.

Kratos's blades weapons wernt having much effect on him until he was mortal, so Heat Vision being concentrated dosent mean it will harm him significantly more

The fact that Baldur had an axe embedded into his shoulder disagrees with you. Replace the axe with heat vision and now carry it down until it reaches beyond his groin and Baldur is now half a man. There's nothing stopping that much pressure being put on his body from splitting him.

#20 Edited by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: "What part of this would take two seconds to reach one end of any part of Baldur's body from another? Zod only has to turn his head a literal 10-20° of the 85° or so he did in the above GIF to split Baldur."

I never said it would, I was awnsering your question.

"The fact that Baldur had an axe embedded into his shoulder disagrees with you. Replace the axe with heat vision and now carry it down until it reaches beyond his groin and Baldur is now half a man. There's nothing stopping that much pressure being put on his body from splitting him."

No it dosent, I was never arguing Heat vision coudent cut him, I was arguing it coudent cleave straight through him. The fact the axe gets stuck in Baldur agrees with me. If it went straight through him I would agree with you.

#21 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire: No it dosent, I was never arguing Heat vision coudent cut him, I was arguing it coudent cleave straight through him.

Why wouldn't it? Not that it cleaves, though.

The fact the axe gets stuck in Baldur agrees with me. If it went straight through him I would agree with you.

It seems you're purely making this a comparison between Kratos and his weapons vs heat vision, when this would be both of them vs Baldur. Kratos' weapons have already cut into Baldur, so I'm pretty sure he'd have been beheaded had Kratos actually tried. Baldur's own durability against piercing objects is trash, just like Kratos'. Heat vision has cut through multiple skyscrapers in one go, that's more than enough pressure presented to think it would slice through Baldur with minimal effort... much less effort than Kratos' weapons.

Anyway, like I said, this isn't that viable for Zod based on what we saw of him, he'd prefer to go toe to toe and holds advantages in speed and flight. His strikes are also enough to cut and break Baldur's bones.... because I don't recall much of Kratos' strikes being strong enough to send his opponent up the length of a skyscraper.

#22 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: "It seems you're purely making this a comparison between Kratos and his weapons vs heat vision, when this would be both of them vs Baldur. Kratos' weapons have already cut into Baldur, so I'm pretty sure he'd have been beheaded had Kratos actually tried. Baldur's own durability against piercing objects is trash, just like Kratos'. Heat vision has cut through multiple skyscrapers in one go, that's more than enough pressure presented to think it would slice through Baldur with minimal effort... much less effort than Kratos' weapons."

The Axe can slice through solid stone and demolishes statues, in the comics Kratos causes severe damage to a island sized creature with his Blades of Chaos.

"Anyway, like I said, this isn't that viable for Zod based on what we saw of him, he'd prefer to go toe to toe and holds advantages in speed and flight. His strikes are also enough to cut and break Baldur's bones.... because I don't recall much of Kratos' strikes being strong enough to send his opponent up the length of a skyscraper."

Kratos one shotted a Boulder large enough to cause a earthquake in one hit. Baldurs own strikes can shake the Multi mountain sized World Serpent, and Kratos =/> Baldur in striking strength.

#23 Edited by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire: The Axe can slice through solid stone and demolishes statues, in the comics Kratos causes severe damage to a island sized creature with his Blades of Chaos.

You're making this about Kratos' weapons when the focus is on Baldur. None of Kratos' weapons failed to cut Baldur and very well should've cleaved straight through him, but this doesn't make for a climactic ending, now does it? Heat vision can do just about everything you listed above. There's nothing that proves Baldur's (who is the subject of discussion) body can withstand that much pressure in one part of his body.

Kratos one shotted a Boulder large enough to cause a earthquake in one hit.

Listen, I love Kratos, but when we get into consistency, his high end feats don't agree with everything he's done overall. Based on his high end feats, a lot of things it took him quite a few shots to get through should've been one-shotted. There has to be a reasonable line to take with a character's like him, because you can't just go listing his best while ignoring that it doesn't coincide with the majority. I'm not even aware of that boulder feat, but if we took that and bare that in mind with every time he throws a punch, he should actually one-shot lots of people; Ares, Poseidon, Zeus, Hercules, etc. (Baldur included) The ground should break every time he hits something and even in the case of him punching Hercules, should've broken through the ground in the very first hit.

In other words I'm saying I'd love to see you prove that Kratos was hitting Baldur with anywhere near the force it took to one-shot that boulder.

#24 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: What.

Off the top of my head, Kratos has atleast 3 feats that are comparable in the new game alone.

Secondly, going by this logic all video game charecters are inherently weaker. You can't just have him oneshot everything or it wouldent be much of a game.

#25 Edited by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire: So you're saying the high end outliers are the basis of their abilities? I'm not even referring to game play mechanics here, QTEs and most cutscenes don't even coincide with that feat.

#26 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: He stopped a multi thousand ton hammer falling on him, he caused the earthquake to break apart in his struggle with Baldur, and flipped a massive Temple, its not a outliar.

#27 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire: lifting strength doesn't equal striking power. We were discussing the latter, not the former.

#28 Edited by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: He dosent have that many striking feats in general besides that and scaling from Baldur. If we use the earlier game its not inconsistent at all.

#29 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@theserbianempire: Poseidon, Zeus, Hercules, Baldur, Icarus. His feats against all these guys are enough to call that boulder feat inconsistent.

#30 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Lol Icarus.

Dude tears Dragur in half with ease and stomps Cyclopses and Minotars, and you bring up Icarus when you talk about inconsistenses.

Zeus tossed a Mountain in lore.

Poseidons hippocampi were stoping Gaias punches, and Kratos overpowered them.

Baldur shook the Multi Mountain sized World Serpent.

Hercules after getting his shit kicked in with no gear uproots a huge stone platform that was as thick as Kratos was tall, and if you dont react he tosses it off the Mountain.

He also ragdolls Hades, the guy who matched a prime Cronos in strength.

#31 Posted by Lan_Fan (12677 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod would win.

#32 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Lol Icarus.

Dude tears Dragur in half with ease and stomps Cyclopses and Minotars, and you bring up Icarus when you talk about inconsistenses.

Zeus tossed a Mountain in lore.

Poseidons hippocampi were stoping Gaias punches, and Kratos overpowered them.

Baldur shook the Multi Mountain sized World Serpent.

Hercules after getting his shit kicked in with no gear uproots a huge stone platform that was as thick as Kratos was tall, and if you dont react he tosses it off the Mountain.

He also ragdolls Hades, the guy who matched a prime Cronos in strength.

Notice that I'm not refuting strength feats but striking power feats. Kratos has been pretty consistent with his strength, it's the number one thing they always try to keep up on to remind us Kratos is that powerful. However his striking power is lacking. Don't know why you keep referring to his strength when I never brought that up.

Zod > Kratos in striking power

Kratos >>> Zod in lifting strenght

If you really want to argue that Kratos has more striking power than Zod and use the boulder feat as a basis, then you really need to address the lesser feats.

#33 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Their is collapsing the support of a Temple while punching Zeus.

That being said, Kratos constantly matching Baldur in strength, including striking, is enough.

Also I just realized how off topic we went, kek.

#34 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: Their is collapsing the support of a Temple while punching Zeus.

That being said, Kratos constantly matching Baldur in strength, including striking, is enough.

Also I just realized how off topic we went, kek.

You mean the same temple that was already falling apart due to Kratos bringing the Labyrinth through its foundations? That's still a farcry from that boulder feat.

Baldur never seemed to hit Kratos as hard as he 3-shot Jormungandr. If he did, Kratos would do more than clear his house, he'd clear the forest they resided in too.

This isn't much off topic, we need to establish striking power before we can say it would hurt Zod who we know to be highly durable.

#35 Posted by KanyeCosby (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod probably wins. The only advantages that Baldur has is strength and a healing factor.

#36 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: About striking, of all the things that made Baldur bleed, it happened to be punches from Kratos.

Listen, I love Kratos, but when we get into consistency, his high end feats don't agree with everything he's done overall. Based on his high end feats, a lot of things it took him quite a few shots to get through should've been one-shotted. There has to be a reasonable line to take with a character's like him, because you can't just go listing his best while ignoring that it doesn't coincide with the majority. I'm not even aware of that boulder feat, but if we took that and bare that in mind with every time he throws a punch, he should actually one-shot lots of people; Ares, Poseidon, Zeus, Hercules, etc. (Baldur included) The ground should break every time he hits something and even in the case of him punching Hercules, should've broken through the ground in the very first hit.

Now this is mental gymnastics.

In other words I'm saying I'd love to see you prove that Kratos was hitting Baldur with anywhere near the force it took to one-shot that boulder.

Kratos one shotting a boulder isn't inconsistent at all. Its only that he has never had a clear way to demonstrate it and it just makes perfect sense given his lifting strength. You can't just separate lifting strength from striking completely. I am not saying they equate to each other but they come in with what makes sense for the character. It makes a lot less sense you are calling it an outlier.

#37 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Now this is mental gymnastics.

How, pray tell? He said there was a boulder that was big enough to cause an earthquake on impact and Kratos one-shot it. I don't know how to visualize this, but if it's how I'm thinking it is, Kratos would have to reduce a boulder the size of a city to rubble before it can make impact with the ground. IF this is the case and I'm thinking this correctly, him hitting Hercules from the first hit would break the ground beneath his head.

Kratos one shotting a boulder isn't inconsistent at all. Its only that he has never had a clear way to demonstrate it and it just makes perfect sense given his lifting strength. You can't just separate lifting strength from striking completely. I am not saying they equate to each other but they come in with what makes sense for the character. It makes a lot less sense you are calling it an outlier.

Sure. Then you now have to explain to me the size of that boulder and what Kratos did to it precisely, because the way I'm visualizing it, it would be something starkly different from what we've seen him do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
#38 Posted by deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude for real Zod loses

Did you people play the game?

#39 Posted by Oreoghoul (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Baldur

Avatar image for supermanforever
#40 Posted by Supermanforever (7840 posts) - - Show Bio

zod blitzes him to space.

#41 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

How, pray tell? He said there was a boulder that was big enough to cause an earthquake on impact and Kratos one-shot it. I don't know how to visualize this, but if it's how I'm thinking it is, Kratos would have to reduce a boulder the size of a city to rubble before it can make impact with the ground. IF this is the case and I'm thinking this correctly, him hitting Hercules from the first hit would break the ground beneath his head.

Sure. Then you now have to explain to me the size of that boulder and what Kratos did to it precisely, because the way I'm visualizing it, it would be something starkly different from what we've seen him do.

It did not cause an earthquake. I see why you think its an outlier now. Apologies if I didn't read your debate fully.

Loading Video...

Though the force traveled far enough that some of the land collapsed. Later in the video Baldur throws that same stone structure and Kratos destroys it.

It just caught my eye when you said "why dont his punches one shot or cause earthquakes" something along those lines because it doesn't have to happen all the time.

#42 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: It did not cause an earthquake. I see why you think its an outlier now. Apologies if I didn't read your debate fully.

It's fine. I'm just not familiar with the feat.

Though the force traveled far enough that some of the land collapsed. Later in the video Baldur throws that same stone structure and Kratos destroys it.

Holy crap, that was the feat? I thought it was from a GoW novel or one of the handheld games. I was definitely visualizing something else.

It just caught my eye when you said "why dont his punches one shot or cause earthquakes" something along those lines because it doesn't have to happen all the time.

Sure, but based on what I visualized, his strikes would be a lot more powerful than what we've seen. Now that I've seen it, it's definitely in line with what Kratos can do. I just don't see his strikes being above Zod's.

#43 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

Sure, but based on what I visualized, his strikes would be a lot more powerful than what we've seen. Now that I've seen it, it's definitely in line with what Kratos can do. I just don't see his strikes being above Zod's.

It split the land by just putting it down. Kratos destroying it while it carried that much momentum makes me think thats on the lines where his striking is not inferior at all or possibly above.

#44 Posted by Batman242 (11259 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

It split the land by just putting it down. Kratos destroying it while it carried that much momentum makes me think thats on the lines where his striking is not inferior at all or possibly above.

As seen with Superman, Kryptonians are dense enough to go through a mountain peak and lose no momentum in the process. Zod actually raising a fist to this rock and jabbing at it would have the same affect Kratos had due to his own density, the rock's momentum coming toward him helps too.

#45 Posted by TheTruthIII (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

Baldur is stronger and can hit harder, but Zod can fly and has a more versatile powerset. Good matchup. I'd back Baldur because of his curse

#46 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

As seen with Superman, Kryptonians are dense enough to go through a mountain peak and lose no momentum in the process. Zod actually raising a fist to this rock and jabbing at it would have the same affect Kratos had due to his own density, the rock's momentum coming toward him helps too.

Its the idea that Kratos broke it without losing momentum with his arm shows his striking strength so its not all just density. That rock was dense enough to literally split the land they were on and I think thats more than going through the top of a mountain since the amount of land destroyed seemed bigger. Compared to Zod he didn't need flight to enhance it and I think Superman's raw stats were always greater than Zod's.

#47 Posted by PrimelyGreat (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Baldur throws a mountain at him.

#48 Posted by KingTchalla03 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: he is literally invulnerable to all forms of damage other than mistletoe. He healed from much worse than getting cut in half.

#49 Posted by KingLouie (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

ZOD isn't on his level.

#50 Posted by diydeath (2407 posts) - - Show Bio

Baldur probably wins.

He's about as fast, a lot stronger, has regen and can adapt to fire and cold attacks. He's also completely immortal bar mistletoe.