User Lists: 0

This doesn't need a bump, there's nothing more to discuss

Speedbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If todoroki is serious he can take both rounds.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The first round could still go either way.

Todoroki definitely wins round 2.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bakugo high to extreme difficulty

Todoroki mid difficulty

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bakugo high to extreme difficulty

Todoroki mid difficulty

lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Todoroki both rounds bakugo explosions are trash tier- couldn’t hurt pink girl, struggled against midoriya holding back, his best explosion technique barely has the power to kill a human.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As it stands Todoroki definitely stomps now that he uses both his powers equally. Bakugo isn't dealing with Todoroki how he is now. But lets see what the new chapter tells us.

RanaProGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Bakugo

Round 2: Todoroki

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way when both are at full power.

xso111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By xso111

@originalcaptain said:

Could go either way when both are at full power.

are you kidding me? at this point Bakugo will die just from being in the vicinity of Todoroki's flame.

Todoroki can defend himself from long range nukes via his ice and can pretty much melt Bakugo with his flame when he tries to come even in mid range. as of right now Bakugo has literally 0 chance against Todoroki if he's utilizing both his ice and fire with intent to kill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xso111:

You are acting like it’s a complete mismatch when it clearly isn’t. Bakugo, Deku and Todoroki are portrayed as the best in their class right now and the gap isn’t wide. Ice won’t hold up to Bakugos best explosions. Either way it’s close.

Also stop being butthurt about other peoples opinions...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Todoroki doesn't use his fire side correctly, His last fight on the manga proves that, It will take him some time for him to begin using his fire side because he is too used to his ice side. Bakugou on the other hand, has no problem going full speed and attacking at full strenght. Honestly Bakugou overwhelms him before Shoto can defend himself properly.

xso111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By xso111

@originalcaptain said:

@xso111:

You are acting like it’s a complete mismatch when it clearly isn’t. Bakugo, Deku and Todoroki are portrayed as the best in their class right now and the gap isn’t wide. Ice won’t hold up to Bakugos best explosions. Either way it’s close.

Also stop being butthurt about other peoples opinions...

lol your argument's foundation comes from your own personal opinion i.e. they're portrayed like equall when it was never said so, in fact the portrayal has always been that Shoto is the guy to beat in Class 1-A proven by their dialogues in the sports festival. you're also saying his ice won't hold bakugo's explosion without even providing any reasoning. rofl, all i can see is a fanboy who can't come up with any factual argument to back his boy up.

nothing in Bakugo's arsenal will stop him from turning into burnt charcoal once Shoto simply use the flame he used against tetsutetsu rofl, he doesn't even have to attack he just needs to activate the flame and bakugo's gone.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Todoroki doesn't use his fire side correctly, His last fight on the manga proves that, It will take him some time for him to begin using his fire side because he is too used to his ice side. Bakugou on the other hand, has no problem going full speed and attacking at full strenght. Honestly Bakugou overwhelms him before Shoto can defend himself properly.

I agree with this.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Todoroki.

vegetasan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Todoroki still.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xso111:

Bakugo is definitely not my boy. I prefer Deku and Todoroki. And me not backing my arguments up is impossible, because you were the one that called me out and hasn’t provided any prove in the first place .. you can’t expect someone to make a counter argument when you haven’t posted an argument yourself. Make an argument (post feats) and we go from there.

Also like I said you are salty for no reason.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Aahz

I have the impression that what we have seen so far of Todoroki in the anime (I have not read the manga) is kind of inconsistent.

He performed extremely good at the obstacle races making on two occasion the second place. In the one in the Recommendation Entrance Exam it was super close between him and Inasa Yoarashi, and during the Sports Festival Deku only neat him by using the mines to propel himself (an extremely reckless and imo almost suicidal action). That would imply that he is quite fast and mobile, but sofar we have never really seen him use that in a fight. Ok that's partly because on may occasions (Stain, Moonfish, Gang Orca) he could really moove much since he had to defend some one who was incapacitated.

I find it also hard to judge his "quirk less" physical combat skills, against Stain and Eraser Head he was completely outclassed but those two are insanely skilled, and the fight during Sports Festival didn't really had enough of it to judge it imo (and he couldn't really move that well due to the draw back of his ice powers he suffered when he refused to use his fire powers).

It is therefore really hard to say, how god he would be if he would instead of using massive ice attacks, focus in an "ice only" fight against Bakugo more on his mobility and physical skills, and use only smaller more precise ice attacks.

On the other hand I'm also not sure, if Bakugo could really defend against an attack as powerful as the one Todoroki used against Hanta Sero (the ones he used in the later fights were iirc all smaller).

ShuraGam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Bakugo wins mid difficulty since he can just blast through the Ice with his explosions

R2 : Todoroki mid-high diff

IMO Todoroki is the strongest in class 1A (not considering 20% Deku)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
deactivated-5cc746539ff3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bakugou wins both rounds, Todoroki's fire got cucked buy that tornado guy so Bakugou counters his fire with HI, and the ice isn't doing anything as we've seen.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzen said:

Bakugou wins both rounds, Todoroki's fire got cucked buy that tornado guy so Bakugou counters his fire with HI, and the ice isn't doing anything as we've seen.

Todoroki can also create pretty powerfull blasts when he combines ice and fire (like he did in the fight with Deku).

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bakugou wins both easily, he is faster and has way better combat ability, todoroki stands like a sitting duck when he fights, even stain said said, he relies too much on his quirk.

in round one todoroki doesn't stand a chance.

In round one Bakugou can toss a howitzer impact at Shoto from above, or just kill him with AP shot, todorokis durability is trash tier.

Bakugou outstats him in all categories.

Durability.

Bakugo has taken hits from 8 percent Midoriya.

Strength

five percent midoriyas arm was nearly dislocated when he fired one of bakugous gauntlets, last i checked midoriya is stronger than todoroki.

Speed

Bakugou also easily out sped 5 percent midoriya and caught up with 8 percent midoriya's speed. Something stain couldn't do and stain was blitzing todoroki.

Destructive Power

Bakugous normal blasts when he fought midoriya were so powerful that the shock waves damaged nearby building, and the explosions were all above building level. Totdorokis best feat solo is what he did when tetsutetsu nearly knocked him out.

Reaction

Bakugou was able to deal with 5 percent midoriya, and later 8 percent Midoriya, in the more recent chapters, he knocked midoriya around during training with almight. Yes 20 percent midoriya. Unlike the sitting duck we have in todoroki.

How the fight will progress in round two.

Todoroki's only chance is using his flame the same way he used it against tetsutetsu, even at that bakugous reaction speed is unreal and would allow him get away before any serious damage is done, after which bakugou will sweat profusely, due to rhe heat and pain, putting todoroki at a disadvantage. His blast will become bigger and last i checked explosions can put out fires. a howitzer impact at this stage would be too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
deactivated-5cc746539ff3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: I don't think if matters Bakugou beat 8% Deku who outstats Todoroki pretty decently. And Bakugou counters both the fire and ice.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honstly I can't really tell who is stronger. But i still have the impression that Todoroki powers and skill are handled inconsistently (even if Bakugo is might be better).

He seems pretty mobile in races but we never see him really use that in a fight.

He can produce powerfull blasts, based on the Sports Festival Arc as powerfull as a full power smash by Deku (and therefore at least as powerfull as Howitzer Impact). Sofar we have never really seen him use that again (according to the wikia he used it in one later fight in the Manga).

We don't see him do much in terms of Hand to Hand combat, even if that was probably part of his training with Endeavour and it was show that he can use his powers when in direct contact with with an opponent (he freezed Deku's arm during the sports festival fight).

A big question in a fight between Todoroki and Bakugo would imo also be how exactly Bakugos sweat reacts to flames. If a hit with the flames could ignite the sweat (I that was shown in the two heros movie), that could be pretty devastating, and with the size of flames Todoroki can produce, it would be pretty hard to completely avoid them.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My opinion on this fight changed. Shoto wrecks.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: he only secretes nitroglycerinlike sweat feom his palms.

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 Mismatch Bakugo stomps.

R2 Still Bakugo.

The only thing that Todoroki has on Bakugo is range and power. Bakugo is the more competent fighter and has the advantage in speed. (5B compared him to 8% Deku with air blast.) Until Todoroki has more mastery with his fire side, he loses 6/10 times.

Avatar image for danteisterrible
Danteisterrible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zuriel-el: tetsu failed to ko him and Shouto was ready to ko him.

Majorknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all seriously underestimating Bakugou. He's already proven that he can handle Shoto's ice in the tournament. And as for his flames there's nothing really impressive about them apart from their range. Shoto just fires the flames in the direction he's pointing at. He hasn't done anything else with his fire that makes him dangerous while using it. Heck, stain also weaved around his attacks like nothing.

Now Bakugou, someone who's reaction speed is already better than anyone else in class 1A, as his classmates have pointed out, should be able to dodge one directional fire blasts handily.He dodged multiple competent villains from tagging him before blasting away towards his friends after he was kidnapped. I dare you to mention any other classmate who could have pulled that off. He was even reacting to an 8% Deku. Goes on to show how good he is. I also think that his AP shots could blast through both of Todoroki's attacks. Add in a howitzer impact and Shoto is down since I don't think he has any counter to that move considering what it did in their battle

Bakugou wins both rounds with MID difficulty

Majorknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at that match again, Shoto attacks Bakugou with arguably one of his best ice attacks and which according to Deku, was even more controlled than the one he used against Sero, probably meaning more precise or something. Yet Bakugou calls Todoroki out telling him he's a bad aim. And this was an attack that covered almost everything in sight.

Now, pray tell, how worried do you think Bakugou will be towards Shoto's less experienced half which fires fire blasts in one direction without even covering a large area?? When he literally scoffs at one of Shoto's best moves?

Like I said, Bakugou for the win with MID difficulty

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 Bakugou

Round 2 Shoto

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By kgb725

Y'all seriously underestimating Bakugou. He's already proven that he can handle Shoto's ice in the tournament. And as for his flames there's nothing really impressive about them apart from their range. Shoto just fires the flames in the direction he's pointing at. He hasn't done anything else with his fire that makes him dangerous while using it. Heck, stain also weaved around his attacks like nothing.

Now Bakugou, someone who's reaction speed is already better than anyone else in class 1A, as his classmates have pointed out, should be able to dodge one directional fire blasts handily.He dodged multiple competent villains from tagging him before blasting away towards his friends after he was kidnapped. I dare you to mention any other classmate who could have pulled that off. He was even reacting to an 8% Deku. Goes on to show how good he is. I also think that his AP shots could blast through both of Todoroki's attacks. Add in a howitzer impact and Shoto is down since I don't think he has any counter to that move considering what it did in their battle

Bakugou wins both rounds with MID difficulty

He didnt prove anything Todoroki was holding back. Shoto could just do the same thing and then just light him up when he comes out

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bakugou all the way

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bakugo. He dealt with Shoto using his ice before and I don't think its enough for Shoto anymore. Everyone is more experienced now so overwhelming power alone isn't going to cut it.
  2. Not sure. Shoto has more raw power but in character he's not murdering Bakugo. I think Bakugo might have the edge in speed but not sure if its a drastic advantage since Shoto has also apparently gotten faster. Its also mostly in travel speed for the time being. Shoto doesn't seem to be struggling to use his fire anymore so he's back to being competitive with Midoriya and Bakugo.
mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone up to date on MHA knows bakugo blitzes or oneshots both rounds

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By JDogg

The self insert wins.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As it stands Todoroki definitely stomps now that he uses both his powers equally. Bakugo isn't dealing with Todoroki how he is now.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Honestly while it feels like todoroki had always had the most raw power it also feels like hes grown the leasr5 regarding the use of his powers something deku and bakugo continue to excel in.

I dont feel like todoroki has done anything past his standard overwhelm tactic that wont work anymore. And whike he has better control of his fire side its still just very straight forward blast

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44

Just a general question regarding speed in MHA. Not very related to this thread at all.

How fast would you assume or guess Hawks is at this point? I saw the new spin off chapter with Deku, Bakugo and Hawks. They face a villain with a rather powerful speed quirk, and Hawks still demolished/toyed with him. Could we quantify this somehow?

link to chapter for those interested. Bakugo, Deku, Hawks.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@megafanflash: megafanflash: thanks for the link interesting read. Shame that we dont get a mention of the guys speed. As he appeared to be the same or a similar level of speed as Ida with his current upgrade the only difference is ida lacks control

Avatar image for deactivated-5faf743db9a3e
deactivated-5faf743db9a3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Thanks, No problem! I also find speed in MHA very interesting at the moment. It's REALLY hard to measure, but they all move at impressive levels. We know Endevour, Edgeshot etc travels faster than sound at this point, and they're not the fastest characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f07824e0850d
deactivated-5f07824e0850d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Shoto. Why bump this?

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Shoto wins for now

Hulk_Hater_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You think Kacchan will surpass him eventually?

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Todoroki isn't beating Bakugou, its not happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f36de50edb16
deactivated-5f36de50edb16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zuriel-el: Why not? I thought he was considered even stronger than Katsuki and now with both control of his fire + Ice I dont see how Bakugo can win.

Zuriel-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratodamanto: Bakugou is faster than midoriya, A better fighter than Shoto and his attacks are more powerful, plus raising the temperature of a place to fight someone who becomes more powerful the more he sweats is a bad idea, Todoroki already tried ice against Bakugou and was knocked out, and If they decide to clash in destructive power, bakugou doesn't need prep (make the place cold before causing a steam explosion) he can just fire howitzer impact whenever he wants, unlike todoroki Who needs to be nearer to his Targets and needs them on the ground to freeze them, Bakugou can Stay airborne and snipe from afar with AP shots. (watch two heroes final battle).