• 74 results
#1 Edited by TheNewSpidey (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Most current versions in the manga

Round 1: Todoroki can only use his ice side

Round 2: He can use both sides

#2 Posted by Just_Banter (12413 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki has a much better control of his fire side now, so I doubt it'd be the same type of fight as happened in the finals. Todoroki should take it.

#3 Posted by DeathHero61 (18830 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki has a much better control of his fire side now, so I doubt it'd be the same type of fight as happened in the finals. Todoroki should take it.

Meh, I still think Bakugo could play smart enough to beat him in overall combat.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
#4 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 bakugo

R2 Todoroki

#5 Posted by beamer95 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Logically, Todoroki would def win R2. Any fire should cause nitroglycerin to explode in chain, effectively causing bakugo to "self-destruct". Plus, combining fire & ice could create water, another problem for bakugo. As for R1, I think todo just needs to freeze bakugo's arms stiff. I'm gonna withhold on this and just say that I'd pick the sheer scale of ice over explosion demonstrated by both.

#6 Posted by kroczilla (1819 posts) - - Show Bio

R1; I ll give Bakugo the benefit of doubt here. however, iirc, during their tournament fight, eraserhead mentioned that todoriko wasn't his usual self yet he still caused Bakugo difficulty with only ice.

R2; todoriko mid diffs

#7 Posted by EzraArcher (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

If Todoroki is taking it seriously (unlike he did in the tournament) then he should win both rounds.

#8 Posted by seastone98 (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

I have not been keeping up wit da manga at all but todoroki was a beast even wit only using 1 side of his body image what he do wit both sides

#9 Posted by FlashingSabre (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

Bakugo should be able to take round one, since Shouto has a limit o how much ice he can use, but gets wrecked R2,

#10 Edited by Hyperions (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Bakugo wins both rounds. shoto does not have enough control with his his fire to give him a significant advantage.

#11 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched the s2.

#12 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperions: he's gotten loads better at using his fire side in fact he uses it a lot, just look at him during the provisional license exams. He could flash freeze causing Bakugo to have to destroy the ice, if he keeps doing that he can use the ice as a distraction and start using his flames if he's not having some sort of internal conflict with his emotions he should win mid difficulty

#13 Edited by cooljammy18 (2347 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki should honestly win both rounds if he's completely focused.

#14 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18: Tbh he did try hard with just ice. Round 2 is a stomp in his favor though since his ice powers actually get amped by being able to melt it and his fire side can create supernovas. Yes nothing melts ice that fast unless you were going over a million degrees Celsius to create an explosion afterwards.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71d5620272
#15 Posted by deactivated-59b71d5620272 (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki both rounds if he is actually trying.

#16 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

I've watched the s2 until current episode, I want more =.=

I knew I should've waited a little bit longer :P

I think Bakugou can win the first round. But I haven't read the manga so don't listen to me.

#17 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: why don't you read it? we are much farther in manga though the animation is phenomenal.

Bakugou could win round 1 however Shotou knows he acts rash and could capitalize on that knowledge. Bakugou would have to constantly be using his explosives to destroy the Iv just to get to him

#18 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: I don't understand anything that happens in manga because it's all colorless. I don't even know it's morning or night, I can't tell who's speaking, etc. So I don't really get the emotional feeling but in the same time, I kinda understand the story a little bit. Then when I watch the anime, it's kinda like "Oh, so that's what they meant" but I already know the story so it's kinda like reading a spoiler or sketch which I personally do not enjoy.

#19 Posted by maiamaku (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I think bakugo can take round 1. He's improved a great deal since the tournament arc. No way he takes round 2 tho

#20 Posted by Back_stabbath95 (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: I can understand that, it seems you just don't have much experience with reading manga in general? Some times they can be hard to understand. I personally like reading it then see how they animated it later

#21 Edited by Hyperions (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@back_stabbath95: Lol what? His only good feat during the exam is making a tornado surrounding Orca with it. His fire is still sluggish. Bakugo did not have that much difficulty destroying his ice, What makes you think any of Shoto's attacks is countering Howitzer Impact?

#22 Edited by Back_stabbath95 (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperions: that feat consisted of help from the wind guy, I was referring to the fact that he once considered never using his flames for combat and now already has strategies using it and as someone suggested above he could theoretically ignite Bakugou's own explosions. Or to get away use his ice for evasive purposes( not sure if he can use his flames to move around too)

#23 Edited by Hyperions (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Bakugo is immune to his own explosions, and he has shown he can take the recoil from them. also, it is not like Bakugo will just sit there and let him do so. Bakugo has shown he is a better fighter because of how he implements his quirk to boost his agility. Shoto just stays in one spot when he is on the offensive given his feats against Stain and Midoriya.

#24 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18464 posts) - - Show Bio

If Todoroki takes this seriously he would win both rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
#27 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 already happended and it wasn't even close Kachan destroyed him.

I see round two going the same way Kachan is just too quick.

#28 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18464 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking said:

If Todoroki takes this seriously he would win both rounds.

Still this.Todoroki didn't take their fight seriously, he practically gave up right before being hit with Bakugou's attack.If Todoroki takes this seriously I can see him winning, albeit with difficulty.

#29 Posted by Streak619 (7751 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 happened before.

R2: Also happened partially? But todo would win if he was bloodlusted.

#30 Posted by kgb725 (19235 posts) - - Show Bio

@temporal_shift: Doesn't matter if it happened or not he wasn't the same fighter after his fight with deku

#31 Posted by Chronicplane (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki should take this both rounds, the first one would be with difficulty though but both at there best Shoto wrecks.

#32 Posted by kroczilla (1819 posts) - - Show Bio

@temporal_shift: @streak619: to say R 1 has happened before is to completely ignore context. Todoroki wasn't fighting anywhere close to his normal capabilities in that fight due to his mental state being all messed up. Even eraserhead mentioned that Todoroki had lost his touch since his fight with midoriya and in the end, Todoroki pretty much stood still and let Bakugo win yet it still took one of Bakugo's strongest attacks to do the job.

On topic;

R1: ehhh... Bakugo could pull off a victory if he manages to get up close with a serious Todoroki (cqc is his speciality after all). Todoroki wins if he can keep Bakugo at distance.

R2: Bakugo has no chance of winning here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
#33 Posted by deactivated-5c531e53b02be (3640 posts) - - Show Bio

@kroczilla:

Shoto fought normally in the sense that he did his normal game plan attack first and overwhelm the enemy, problem was Kachan was able to effortless counter the Ice.

Any who thinks shoto can win without Fire is is insane tbh. It's not fast enough to tag him in slow amounts and Kachan can break out of the large AOE attacks.

#34 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki.

#36 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8239 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki stomps regardless. Whoever thinks he cant tag him with ice should see what he did to sero.

#37 Posted by flyg0n (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Bakugo definitely wins R1. We literally already saw this. Bakugos agility and reflexes are a bit too quick for Todoroki's ice only

R2 would be close but still Bakugo. The tornado he created with howitzer impact was to distinguish Todorokis flames if he used them. Also if Todoroki used his flames, he wouldve made Bakugo sweat more from the heat, making him even more powerful than he already is. Todoroki isn't winning this one. He isnt even remotely close to being as good as Bakugo with his battle strategies and has no real creativity with his powers

#38 Edited by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18464 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I overestimated Todoroki, Bakugou at least wins R1 and puts up a decent fight in R2 but isn't winning.

#40 Posted by jashro44 (53118 posts) - - Show Bio

Todoroki stomps regardless. Whoever thinks he cant tag him with ice should see what he did to sero.

He tried that on Bakugo, it didn't work. Todoroki can win but Bakugo can just blast through ice.

#41 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: I think Kachan can win round 2 as well, as shown the ice is nothing compared to the explosions and the cannon attack was made to counter/put off the fire attacks.

#42 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18464 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: I think Kachan can win round 2 as well, as shown the ice is nothing compared to the explosions and the cannon attack was made to counter/put off the fire attacks.

We don't know how the canon attack would have faired, and it should be noted that Bakugou is more likely to overuse his quirk than Todoroki is. If Todoroki overuses his ice he can switch to fire, Bakugou won't win R2 unless the fight gets to be up close.

#43 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking:

Remember when Deku forced Shoto's hand to the side with air pressure and his flames flickered out? I'm guessing Kachan saw that and created the canon, it was stated by Eraser (IIRC) that the attack was a counter to the flames.

And I disagree with Shoto lasting longer, we've seen him slow down and tire IIRC Kachan hasnt.

#44 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18464 posts) - - Show Bio

@malzahaar said:

@thewatcherking:

Remember when Deku forced Shoto's hand to the side with air pressure and his flames flickered out? I'm guessing Kachan saw that and created the canon, it was stated by Eraser (IIRC) that the attack was a counter to the flames.

And I disagree with Shoto lasting longer, we've seen him slow down and tire IIRC Kachan hasnt.

In his fight with Uraraka he was implied to be at or near his limit.

No Caption Provided

You could argue he was talking about Uraraka almost tagging him but since his hand is shaking I believe he is talking about his quirk.

And with Todoroki it is true he slows down,but he can recover by using his fire quirk,Bakugou would have to rest to recover.

#45 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewatcherking: I think he was talking about her attack, as he had just countered it.

#47 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18464 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Kratosx64x (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: Kacchan

R2: Todoroki

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#49 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17143 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight already happened and based on implications, Todo was able to win with both but not with one