#1 Edited by digitaldemon (798 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Story:

Dante walking through Babylon as he looked for a girl he was hired to kill. He kept looking around as he didn't see the person from the description he received. Dante groaned as he kept walking to find the person he was hired to kill. Baiken was walking through Babylon as she looked to see if she can find I-No there, but to her luck she did not find her. Both Dante and Baiken were walking until they bumped into something...or someone. Dante looked up to who he bumped into and so did Baiken. Both realized they bumped into each other, but Dante smirked as he found the person he hired to kill.

"Well, look at we have here. I just hit the jackpot." Dante spoke as he stood up and grabbed his sword Rebellion tightly. "What the hell are talking about asshole?" Baiken spoke up as she looked at Dante and realized his hand was on his sword. "I'm talking about you babe, maybe we could go on a date before I kill you. sound good?" Dante spoke as he grabbed ebony and pointed it towards Baiken. "Shut the hell up." Baiken spoke as she stood up and looked at Dante as she grabbed his sword tightly. "If you want to kill me, come and try asshole." Baiken spoke as she got ready for a fight.

"Hahaha, alright baby." Dante spoke as he spun around in a three-sixty circle as he pointed his sword towards Baiken. "Come and try babe, if you can." Dante spoke as he and Baiken looked at each other for a moment. With one motion, Dante and Baiken engage in battle. Between Demon Swordsman and Samurai.

Conditions:

• Dante has feats from all Devil May Cry games, light novels, and manga. Dante also has feats from both his endings from MvC3/U.MvC3
  • Baiken has feats from all Guilty Gear games
  • Dante has access to all weaponry, Styles, and Accessories. Dante also has access to Devil Trigger, Sparda Devil Trigger, and Majin Form
  • Gameplay and Lore feats are allowed.
  • This is Devil May Cry 4 Incarnation Dante
  • Baiken and Dante are both In-Character
  • No knowledge, and prep time
  • Fight takes place in Babylon (Guilty Gear Universe)
  • Dante and Baiken start out 12 feet away from each other
  • Win by Death, or K.O

Bonus Round:

• Dante takes Baiken on a date (due to a miracle). How well does that date go?

Song that plays during Baiken Vs Dante

#2 Edited by BatmanandRobin (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Before Dante throws another half assed flirty quip, he notices his eyes facing the ground as his head is removed from his shoulders in less than a nanosecond due to Baiken's superior mftl swordskills due to being able to fight base opponents that are solar system or multi galaxy level on par and have the sword speed to bisect conceptual entities like the dreams of Bedman with hardly any magic amping her so Dante's regen literally fails him immdiately due to no reacting in time with Baikens speed.

Baiken collects the body for a bounty and throws her own quip.

Baiken: Jackpot, I don't date weak bitches who obviously never had a chance.

#3 Posted by digitaldemon (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanandrobin: You're forgetting his feats from MvC3/U.MvC3 with the addition of Gameplay feats being allowed. He's capable of Trading blows with the likes of Dormammu, and Galactus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
#4 Edited by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitaldemon said:

You're forgetting his feats from MvC3/U.MvC3 with the addition of Gameplay feats being allowed. He's capable of Trading blows with the likes of Dormammu, and Galactus.

That means nothing.

Not only those two aren't even the canon versions(So there's no way to affirm they possess the same power-level) and basically featless outside of nebulous gameplay-mechanics, but so can characters like Frank West as well. The UMvC3/MvC3 doesn't have its own storyline or a true ending for us to know how each character compares to the other like Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite does, which even in there it isn't absolute.

#5 Posted by Otsdarva999 (380 posts) - - Show Bio

I've played Guilty Gear, but don't recall any feats outside of gameplay mechanics that would allow her to fight Dante. Granted I'm behind on the series.

#6 Posted by NeloAngelo (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: Actually Dante isn't featless in UMVC3 or Infinite. Dante's character ending in UMVC3 has him bullying Mephisto into giving him a job to take out Blackheart. In Infinite he takes on the most powerful character from Darkstalkers iirc even with the soul gem/stone in the main story mode.

Dante doesn't need those feats anyway to keep up with Baiken though. She's mftl based on fighting solar system or multi galaxy tier opponents? Dante kept up with and defeated a demon god Mundus in space at Dante's second weakest point in the series....a guy who created two dimensions during the game, one at minimum solar system level, and the other universe level, not to mention creating a demon who could create its own dimension so that doesn't equal auto win here. I think it should go without saying that Mundus must be mftl to capably move across this universe he casually created and likewise Dante to pursue him but the battle also clearly shows them moving very quickly across interstellar distances and anyway you want to calculate that its going to be mftl.

This also ties in to what digitaldemon said, the reason they depict him in UMVC3/I and SMTN being on the level of characters like Mephisto, Blackheart, late-game demifiend, and Jedah with soul stone is because that's the level he's on even in DMC1.

I don't think she has a speed advantage even with scaling against even base Dante by DMC2. With all of his ridiculous hax abilities it'll be very hard for her to win imo but I need to learn more about her to give a definite answer.....esp for round 2.

#7 Edited by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care about most of your post since I'm not really for any characters, only against some extremely flawed logic:

@neloangelo said:

Actually Dante isn't featless in UMVC3 or Infinite. Dante's character ending in UMVC3 has him bullying Mephisto into giving him a job to take out Blackheart. In Infinite he takes on the most powerful character from Darkstalkers iirc even with the soul gem/stone in the main story mode.

An alternative/non-canon, featless version of Mephisto with no real connection to the mainstream one and the endings in there are basically meaningless since to get them it would've needed to defeat Galactus in the first place, which I don't believe most in the roster are even capable of(Unless you do believe Frank, Phoenix Wright and Deadpool could do it)...So I question the power of all the characters in the game and in the cutscenes. How powerful even was Mephisto in there, for example? Can you give me a good answer? You also should take more attention to my post, I pretty much said Infinite can be used unlike the other MvC games given its possession of a storyline with actual cutscenes.

This also ties in to what digitaldemon said, the reason they depict him in UMVC3/I and SMTN being on the level of characters like Mephisto, Blackheart, late-game demifiend, and Jedah with soul stone is because that's the level he's on even in DMC1.

Capcom already proved they've got an extremely limited knowledge about Marvel's characters and their respective power-levels way back in the MvC3's profiles where we got things such as Chris Redfield being ranked as a 75 tonner per their stats and they could've easily sucked Dante's ass when compared to Jedah when we also remember things like the popularity-factor, which usually and could most likely come into play. Unless you've been part of the production of both games and know it's staff, claiming what you did without any sort of concrete evidence is only an unsubstantial and personal claim at best.

#8 Posted by Otsdarva999 (380 posts) - - Show Bio

@neloangelo:

She's mftl based on fighting solar system or multi galaxy tier opponents?

I'd seriously like to know where this is coming from. Fighting games are usually pretty bad at giving feats and any of the characters can fight anyone. To use an old example, in the fighting game, Street Fighter Alpha 3, every character can face M. Bison at the end of the "story" and win, yet not all characters in the SF verse are actually capable of keeping up with Bison. Anyway... are you using some battle/special move animation to put characters at MFTL levels? Even if some are, what puts Baiken there? Or what makes any of the Guilty Gear characters that fast?

I think it should go without saying that Mundus must be mftl to capably move across this universe he casually created and likewise Dante to pursue him but the battle also clearly shows them moving very quickly across interstellar distances and anyway you want to calculate that its going to be mftl.

That's actually a minority opinion on the vine as far as I'm aware. Most people don't think Dante is MFTL either. There's serious issues with those feats.

#9 Posted by NeloAngelo (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: You said "nebulous gameplay mechanics" so I gave you actual feats from the game idc if you think the marvel characters have no real connection to their mainstream versions, fine by me I was only pointing out that within the context of the game he most certainly does have feats outside of gameplay.

Why do I need to be a member of the production staff for stating only what happens in cutscenes???? Dante bullies Mephisto into giving him a job to take out Blackheart, and he likewise defeated Jedah with soul gem. You don't think any of that's accurate fine, but it still happened within the context of those games.

Also Frank West isn't taking out Mephisto, Blackheart, or Jedah in any cutscenes, these characters are still roughly tiered by their actual abilities even if there are inconsistencies.

I'm not sure what claim you think I made was so riddled with flawed logic, I only pointed out the games aren't limited to gameplay mechanics and they aren't.

I think it should go without saying that Mundus must be mftl to capably move across this universe he casually created and likewise Dante to pursue him but the battle also clearly shows them moving very quickly across interstellar distances and anyway you want to calculate that its going to be mftl.

That's actually a minority opinion on the vine as far as I'm aware. Most people don't think Dante is MFTL either. There's serious issues with those feats.

I'm aware a lot of people want to ignore or lowball it but even lowballed to the extreme it's still a mftl feat. A lot of people having no understanding of DMC and the feat have serious issues with those feats.

For consistency's sake I'll mention he outpaces lightning attacks and lightning based enemies in every game, outpaced and deflected particle beams from Plasmas and Mundus, moved quickly enough to save Lucia from Arius' light attack, and many other similar feats you only need to play the games to find out about.

As for the one everyone wants to ignore

Loading Video...

I've also seen a lot of talk about this feat, here's a calc on it:

"Dante travels stellar distances in his fight with Mundus. The average distance between stars is 5 through 10 light years. So it's fairly simple mathematics to discover the speed.

For this argument, we will be using 30 minutes as an absolute low end time frame.

It takes light one year to travel the distance of a light year. Using 30 minutes makes it rather easy to calculate because we can multiply the time to find out how many times FTL Dante was moving.

30 × 2 = 60

60 × 24 = 1440

1440 × 365 = 525,600

So that's 525,600 times FTL for each light year Dante travelled in 30 minutes. I'll give both high and low ends for this feat.

5 light years: 2,628,000 times FTL

7 light years: 3,679,200 times FTL

10 light years: 5,256,000 times FTL"

source: https://plus.google.com/111648516173731637892/posts/7rb4umPGKkX

This is an extreme lowball no matter how you interpret the battle because the distance is either covered in a moment or over the course of about 3 minutes, not 30 mins. As the author of the calc says, its an absolute low end time frame.

#10 Posted by Otsdarva999 (380 posts) - - Show Bio

@neloangelo: Eh? I was only asking about Baiken really. If you have nothing to share on her, then this will likely be my last response on the matter.

For consistency's sake I'll mention he outpaces lightning attacks and lightning based enemies in every game

That's cool, except that's nowhere near light, and I accept Dante has statements from Alastor and Quicksilver to suggest he's capable of lightning speed.

outpaced and deflected particle beams from Plasmas and Mundus, moved quickly enough to save Lucia from Arius' light attack

Any actual proof any of that is light speed?

As for the one everyone wants to ignore

No one's ignoring it. Despite being in the vacuum of space, Dante "jumps" off of said vacuum and chases after Mundes. Yes, when Mundes moves, the animation seems to show him traveling at high speeds with the stars in motion in the background, yet a similar effect was not used for Dante. Dante actually reaches the destination for the battle first, despite starting later and not having that nifty animation. Furthermore, despite the scene being in space and the two characters flying upwards while in space, the actual battle takes place in what looks like the sky of a planet what with all the thunderclouds you wouldn't find in space and supported by the fact during the second stage of the fight Dante is knocked down to the ground. Most reasonable people wouldn't interpret that as Dante traveling to some far off planet in the first place. Mundes either arbitrarily changes his dimension at will, or Dante and he flew off to somewhere nearby, but flying through space certainly wouldn't take you "up" into the clouds where their battle was fought.

I've also seen a lot of talk about this feat, here's a calc on it:

No need. Calcs are often dismissed on ComicVine due to the inherent guesswork involved. Nothing a fan makes up through guesses is canon.

#11 Posted by NeloAngelo (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@otsdarva999: I understand, I only responded because you seemed pretty dismissive of the feat and I wanted to show you why you shouldn't be. If you're done that's fine but I'm still going to reply to the points you raised.

For consistency's sake I'll mention he outpaces lightning attacks and lightning based enemies in every game

That's cool, except that's nowhere near light, and I accept Dante has statements from Alastor and Quicksilver to suggest he's capable of lightning speed.

outpaced and deflected particle beams from Plasmas and Mundus, moved quickly enough to save Lucia from Arius' light attack

Any actual proof any of that is light speed?

As I said I only mentioned that for consistency's sake, I realize lightning is only a fraction and so it was the first I brought up. I do have proof but in this post I'd rather focus on the distance they traveled, if you still want it afterwards I will try and deliver.

First Dante not having the same effect as Mundus does is irrelevant since he keeps up with him anyway, I don't see how it's relevant and it doesn't change the fact they traveled interstellar distances.

As for the chase sequence of the battle occurring in the atmosphere of a planet I agree, which means they traveled the distance in what seems an instant rather than even 3 minutes.

You say they must have flew off "somewhere nearby" and not some "far off planet".....the average distance between stars is 5 light years so to reach anything from the point at which they start they have to be moving mftl to reach the planet unless they were traveling for many years. Literally nothing esp with atmosphere is going to be "nearby".

Any reasonable person can only interpret it for what it is, they are shown traveling, the next scene shows where they have arrived. Since they first were in the vacuum of space and are now in atmosphere they traveled to a planet with atmosphere. Everything indicates that, nothing indicates he changed it. They most certainly could have traveled "up" and entered the atmosphere of a planet why not?

You don't need fan calcs, just common sense, there's literally no way to interpret this without them being capable of mftl speeds. No guessing involved only averages and common sense.

Mundus created two dimensions in the game, one of them universe sized as confirmed by the creator of the series. Even without that confirmation its galaxy level. You really think it's reasonable for someone to be able to create universes and only travel them like a snail with disabilities arriving between two specs of sand within the expanse over the course of years?! I don't buy it.

#12 Edited by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@neloangelo: You said "nebulous gameplay mechanics" so I gave you actual feats from the game idc if you think the marvel characters have no real connection to their mainstream versions, fine by me I was only pointing out that within the context of the game he most certainly does have feats outside of gameplay.

I did, but it seems you're still either purposely ignoring what I've been saying so far or simply not paying attention. That's why I typed: "Not only those two aren't even the canon versions(So there's no way to affirm they possess the same power-level) and basically featless outside of nebulous gameplay-mechanics." Does it look like I'm even talking about Dante? No, I was referring to characters like Dormy and Galactus in that statement, which it's not counting how I already that Infinite can be used anyway. You missed my entire point, really...I don't know how's that even possible in the first place.

Why do I need to be a member of the production staff for stating only what happens in cutscenes???? Dante bullies Mephisto into giving him a job to take out Blackheart, and he likewise defeated Jedah with soul gem. You don't think any of that's accurate fine, but it still happened within the context of those games.

You don't, but to say subjective statements that are only a matter of personal interpretation over the events does. Pretty much this, for example: "the reason they depict him in UMVC3/I and SMTN being on the level of characters like Mephisto, Blackheart, late-game demifiend, and Jedah with soul stone is because that's the level he's on even in DMC1."How can you know such thing, hum? Did they tell you that? Were you somehow part the staff who made the game to make such statement? Not only that's still a personal view that you interpret them as that, but trying to apply a logic in a fighting game where anyone can beat anyone if the makers want doesn't work at all. Even in Infinite is full of examples, such as Frank fighting against Thanos in-game.

Also Frank West isn't taking out Mephisto, Blackheart, or Jedah in any cutscenes, these characters are still roughly tiered by their actual abilities even if there are inconsistencies.

No, but we also got things as stupid such as Wesker doing that with the X-Men(Which included Jean Grey as Phoenix, who's technically a cosmic being) among many other things. Roughly tiered? Do you even know who are the rivals in the game? I might start using your flawed logic to say Chris Redfield is at Hulk's level since they put them against each other even in the few initial cutscenes we got. Or that Iron Man is at Morrigan's level then. No matter how hard you try to apply those games here, it doesn't work given its extremely inconsistencies.

I'm not sure what claim you think I made was so riddled with flawed logic, I only pointed out the games aren't limited to gameplay mechanics and they aren't.

How about everything? Not every game is, but MvC is a crossover fighting-game with almost zero storyline and in-game cutscenes until Infinite and so applies to what I said. It's not like Injustice, which we know how each character rank and have their share number of feats,

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#13 Edited by MyLittleFascist (31449 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101:

You don't, but to say subjective statements that are only a matter of personal interpretation over the events does. Pretty much this, for example: "the reason they depict him in UMVC3/I and SMTN being on the level of characters like Mephisto, Blackheart, late-game demifiend, and Jedah with soul stone is because that's the level he's on even in DMC1."How can you know such thing, hum? Did they tell you that? Were you somehow part the staff who made the game to make such statement? Not only that's still a personal view that you interpret them as that, but trying to apply a logic in a fighting game where anyone can beat anyone if the makers want doesn't work at all. Even in Infinite is full of examples, such as Frank fighting against Thanos in-game.

I'd like to point out that Dante has had a personal connection with Jedah in multiple different crossovers. Jedah has been stated repeatedly to have known Sparda on a personal level. So the idea that Dante is intended to be within Jedah's league isn't too far fetched IMO. We just need to wait for more of a connection to be hinted at within their own series.

#14 Edited by Otsdarva999 (380 posts) - - Show Bio

@neloangelo:

First Dante not having the same effect as Mundus does is irrelevant since he keeps up with him anyway, I don't see how it's relevant and it doesn't change the fact they traveled interstellar distances.

I'm saying it was most likely a mistake in animation on the part of the creators if anything, especially since Dante doesn't get the animation, yet is faster than Mundes.

As for the chase sequence of the battle occurring in the atmosphere of a planet I agree, which means they traveled the distance in what seems an instant rather than even 3 minutes.

No. They flew upwards and reached a space above the clouds, then Dante gets knocked down to the ground. There's no consistency between the first space scene, then the following air battle followed by the ground battle. These things don't add up.

Any reasonable person can only interpret it for what it is, they are shown traveling, the next scene shows where they have arrived. Since they first were in the vacuum of space and are now in atmosphere they traveled to a planet with atmosphere.

Except based on the following air battle and subsequent ground battle, they don't appear to have traveled through space at all. This is why one of the theories I put forth (which you aren't required to accept from me) is that Mundes' dimension doesn't follow the normal rules of space that we know of. Also, the scene where Dante jumps off of space. There's no solid ground to do that in the vacuum of space.

Everything indicates that, nothing indicates he changed it. They most certainly could have traveled "up" and entered the atmosphere of a planet why not?

If they traveled through space to get to a planet, then they would have entered through the atmosphere, not from under the clouds where the only thing beneath them is a molten lava like ground, where the second stage of the fight took place.

Now look pal, I like you, but I do have better things to do than beat this dead horse of Dante being MFTL. One of the fighters doesn't belong here. If you can't even show lightning level feats for Baiken, then she has no place here. On the other hand, if you show MFTL feats for her, then maybe I'll continue to beat the dead horse and explain why Dante doesn't belong here. Better to save the debate for a thread where it may actually matter.

#15 Posted by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to point out that Dante has had a personal connection with Jedah in multiple different crossovers. Jedah has been stated repeatedly to have known Sparda on a personal level. So the idea that Dante is intended to be within Jedah's league isn't too far fetched IMO. We just need to wait for more of a connection to be hinted at within their own series.

Fair enough.

#16 Posted by digitaldemon (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101: Dante during his appearance in SMT isn't depicted being on the same league as late-game Demi-Fiend. He's only depicted being more of threat then the Three Cardinal Angels, and the Moirea Sisters. It's actually kinda implied on when you get him in your party, that he couldn't get passed, or turned away from the likes of Beelzebub, and Metatron cause they were too powerful for him.

#17 Edited by BatmanandRobin (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@andromeda101 said:
@zetsumoto said:

Fair enough.

This is bullshit and wankage at it's highest because everything in top level teir darkstalkers can rape devil may cry universe at it's respective cannon feats. Capcom puts Dante on par with Jedah noncanon wise, so it doesn't count. Dante is one of the most mary suish heroes capcom has ever created so he can be only be a big player in filler shit, not in his cannon verse.

#18 Posted by jashugan (6072 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanandrobin: um, Dante is the god tier of his verse. No one is more powerful than him.

#19 Posted by BatmanandRobin (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@batmanandrobin: um, Dante is the god tier of his verse. No one is more powerful than him.

It depends on his portrayal within the game series and not counting his non cannon media like novels, manga and crossover series.

#20 Posted by jashugan (6072 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by BatmanandRobin (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@batmanandrobin: in games, he is the most powerful character in DMC

Pretty sure thats between ether him, Vergil and Mundus.

#22 Edited by jashugan (6072 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanandrobin: he's beat mundus, and has beat Vergil twice now. Not just that, Mundus is above Vergil too

#23 Posted by TheVoidofDeath (2136 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Zokologue3 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular Dante is already too much for Baiken.

Composite Dante is a spite.

#25 Posted by digitaldemon (798 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by BatmanandRobin (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular Dante is already too much for Baiken.

Composite Dante is a spite.

Same baiken that keeps pace with a non serious sol and ky who are mftl. I doubt it. Plus being shes from the stronger verse.

#27 Posted by NeloAngelo (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunate I didn't have time to finish this discussion months ago. Not gonna tag anyone since Ots didn't even want the debate then, I'm sure you don't want it Frankenstein'd months later. I am gonna confirm what I said here where you quoted me tho:

"Any actual proof any of that is light speed?"

Here ya go

1st 106me and Dygoboy explains Dante outpacing Arius light attack on numerous occasions, the multiple colors emanating from his hand is caused by refraction. You can find an explanation at post 47 here.

Next on to the particle beams

Here we have Dante casually reflecting Mundus third eye particle beam with TK:

Notice how he waits for it to get right to his head be4 deflecting it.
Notice how he waits for it to get right to his head be4 deflecting it.

Mundus firing the same attack from his third eye during the boss battle:

Loading Video...

Official explanation of Mundus particle beam:

No Caption Provided

If you're not familiar with particle beams there are two basic categories of directed energy weapons from a technical point of view: light guns and particle throwers. Light guns are the traditional lasers, along with their slight variations like microwave lasers (masers), while particle beams only travel near the speed of light.

They travel at relativistic speeds about 0.99997 times the speed of light. https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/april-2014/ten-things-you-might-not-know-about-particle-accelerators

In the cosmos interplanetary particle beams also travel at these relativistic speeds https://www.plasma-universe.com/Particle_beam#Interplanetary_particle_beams

btw since this is composite Dante he isn't even restricted to quicksilver+Devil Trigger speed amp he can even use bangle of time for complete time stop....not to mention quicksilver slows down enemies while boosting Dante's own speed. Then he also has DMC2 items to stack on like Chrono Heart and Quick Heart.

And andromeda I realize now I was only wasting both our time in replying to you initially since you're comfortable comparing Frank West v Thanos or Hulk v Chris to Dante's cutscenes, I love that you called me out on "extremely flawed logic" when your posts are literally riddled with it., like I said at the beginning Dante in those games is not featless and my conclusions from those feats are well founded.

Avatar image for danteisterrible
#28 Posted by Danteisterrible (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Baiken solos dmc.