Avatar image for from_beyond
#1 Posted by from_beyond (571 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently watched the Indian movie Baahubali. The protagonist of the movie came across as a great warrior with great strength, speed, h2h combat skills and durability. Those of you who have watched the movie, will he be able to take MCU Cap?

Avatar image for ldm
#2 Posted by LDM (1644 posts) - - Show Bio

Who ?

Avatar image for rbt
#3 Edited by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, this is a mismatch. Either Amrendra or Mahendra would outright stomp Cap.

Avatar image for the_fallen_lord
#4 Posted by the_fallen_lord (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

I find Baahubali to be very inconsistent but even if we only take his low-end feats into consideration, he should still beat Cap.

Avatar image for shirso
#5 Posted by shirso (887 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: I am yet to watch the movies, but I am impressed, they are really that strong ?

Avatar image for rbt
#6 Posted by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

@rbt: I am yet to watch the movies, but I am impressed, they are really that strong ?

They are. Especially in 2nd movie.

Avatar image for shirso
#7 Posted by shirso (887 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Okay, I need to watch both the movies asap and use them in a CaV.

Avatar image for rbt
#8 Posted by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

@rbt: Okay, I need to watch both the movies asap and use them in a CaV.

A little suspension of disbelief and willingness to let go of small CGI mistakes/fails and you're gonna have a great time. Movies are spectacular.

Avatar image for from_beyond
#9 Posted by from_beyond (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Honestly, this is a mismatch. Either Amrendra or Mahendra would outright stomp Cap.

I found them a lot faster than Cap. They looked really strong as well. But does any feat of theirs surpass Cap's helicopter feat when it comes to strength?

Avatar image for ithemanwithoutfeari
#10 Edited by ITheManWithoutFearI (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

I find Baahubali to be very inconsistent but even if we only take his low-end feats into consideration, he should still beat Cap.

You sure ? Can you show us some feats ?

Avatar image for from_beyond
#11 Edited by from_beyond (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@shirso said:

@rbt: Okay, I need to watch both the movies asap and use them in a CaV.

I strongly recommend them. Quality of the movies are beyond what vast majority of Indian movies offer.

Avatar image for keshav jha
#12 Posted by keshav jha (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@from_beyond: In terms of visual effects,both movies are beyond majority of Indian movies,but not in terms of plot and acting.

Avatar image for rbt
#13 Posted by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

@from_beyond: In terms of visual effects,both movies are beyond majority of Indian movies,but not in terms of plot and acting.

I can't think of a single movie in same genre that surpasses Bahubali in plot.

Avatar image for keshav jha
#14 Edited by keshav jha (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Not in the same genre,but still many Indian movies are beyond it in terms of story and acting.

Avatar image for ssj_god
#15 Posted by ssj_god (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao .. seeing this .. is funny.. XD

you could've added pictures here aswell.

Avatar image for rbt
#16 Posted by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Not in the same genre,but still many Indian movies are beyond it in terms of story and acting.

In that case, I agree. But Bahubali is arguably the best Indian movie of its genre.

Avatar image for keshav jha
#17 Edited by keshav jha (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Are you an Indian ?

Avatar image for rbt
#18 Posted by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for from_beyond
#19 Posted by from_beyond (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Not in the same genre,but still many Indian movies are beyond it in terms of story and acting.

It may eventually come down to individual taste, but I personally have rarely seen an Indian movie that is at the same level or above Baahubali when it comes to plot.

Avatar image for rbt
#20 Posted by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:

lmao .. seeing this .. is funny.. XD

you could've added pictures here aswell.

Funnier than this?

Avatar image for ssj_god
#21 Posted by ssj_god (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: lawl .. no .. that one was hilarious XD

Avatar image for keshav jha
#22 Edited by keshav jha (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@from_beyond: Have you seen Satya,Masaan,Khosla ka Ghosla,Guide,Black,Swades,Queen etc?

Avatar image for rbt
#23 Posted by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Honestly, this is a mismatch. Either Amrendra or Mahendra would outright stomp Cap.

I found them a lot faster than Cap. They looked really strong as well. But does any feat of theirs surpass Cap's helicopter feat when it comes to strength?

I don't remember all of their feats but Bhallaladeva had an amazing striking feat by end of the 2nd movie-

No Caption Provided

I would imagine, Bahubali would be in same ballpark.

Avatar image for ssj_god
#24 Edited by ssj_god (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@from_beyond said:
@rbt said:

Honestly, this is a mismatch. Either Amrendra or Mahendra would outright stomp Cap.

I found them a lot faster than Cap. They looked really strong as well. But does any feat of theirs surpass Cap's helicopter feat when it comes to strength?

I don't remember all of their feats but Bhallaladeva had an amazing striking feat by end of the 2nd movie-

No Caption Provided

I would imagine, Bahubali would be in same ballpark.

bhallaldeva's monster bull wrestling and KOing the bull in one hit feat

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for rbt
#26 Edited by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:
@rbt said:
@from_beyond said:
@rbt said:

Honestly, this is a mismatch. Either Amrendra or Mahendra would outright stomp Cap.

I found them a lot faster than Cap. They looked really strong as well. But does any feat of theirs surpass Cap's helicopter feat when it comes to strength?

I don't remember all of their feats but Bhallaladeva had an amazing striking feat by end of the 2nd movie-

No Caption Provided

I would imagine, Bahubali would be in same ballpark.

bhallaldeva's monster bull wrestling and KOing the bull in one hit feat

No Caption Provided

Goes to show how impressive Bahu's durability is.

Avatar image for from_beyond
#28 Edited by from_beyond (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@keshav jha said:

@from_beyond: Have you seen Satya,Masaan,Khosla ka Ghosla,Guide,Black,Swades,Queen etc?

Have seen: Satya, Khosla Ka Ghosala, Guide

Haven't seen: Masaan, Queen

Sopped watching in the middle out of boredom: Swades, Black

Khosla Ka Ghosla has a great plot. I will put the movie at Baahubalis level. Other Indian movies that I will put at or above Baahubalis level are Gangaajal, Lagaan and Andaz Apna Apna. I may be forgetting some movies here. Anyway, my point still stands. Out of thousands of Indian movies, I can only think of a handful of movies that match or exceed Baahubali in terms of plot.

Avatar image for from_beyond
#29 Posted by from_beyond (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:

lmao .. seeing this .. is funny.. XD

you could've added pictures here aswell.

I am confused. Why is it funny? I thought Baahubali demonstrated good enough feats to be considered a threat to Cap.

Avatar image for ssj_god
#30 Edited by ssj_god (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@ssj_god said:
@rbt said:
@from_beyond said:
@rbt said:

Honestly, this is a mismatch. Either Amrendra or Mahendra would outright stomp Cap.

I found them a lot faster than Cap. They looked really strong as well. But does any feat of theirs surpass Cap's helicopter feat when it comes to strength?

I don't remember all of their feats but Bhallaladeva had an amazing striking feat by end of the 2nd movie-

No Caption Provided

I would imagine, Bahubali would be in same ballpark.

bhallaldeva's monster bull wrestling and KOing the bull in one hit feat

No Caption Provided

Goes to show how impressive Bahu's durability is.

now to REALLY emphasize on Baahubali's strength

Mahendra Baahubali (the son) almost singlehandedly stopped the fall of a 150 feet tall gold statue which was being installed in the first movie.

Loading Video...

Amarendra Baahubali (the father) pulled a hugea$$ chariot alone, which KOed a raging elephant in the second movie

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ssj_god
#32 Posted by ssj_god (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:

lmao .. seeing this .. is funny.. XD

you could've added pictures here aswell.

I am confused. Why is it funny? I thought Baahubali demonstrated good enough feats to be considered a threat to Cap.

no the idea was funny XD

both baahubali's could win. mention which baahubali you're using.

Avatar image for keshav jha
#33 Posted by keshav jha (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@from_beyond: Well,choice is subjective,but still I think that Baahubali is good,not great.

Avatar image for from_beyond
#34 Posted by from_beyond (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:
@from_beyond said:
@ssj_god said:

lmao .. seeing this .. is funny.. XD

you could've added pictures here aswell.

I am confused. Why is it funny? I thought Baahubali demonstrated good enough feats to be considered a threat to Cap.

no the idea was funny XD

both baahubali's could win. mention which baahubali you're using.

The reason I didn't specify which Baahubali is because both of them seemed at the same level. But for this thread, let's just consider the father.

Avatar image for ssj_god
#35 Edited by ssj_god (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

@from_beyond said:
@ssj_god said:
@from_beyond said:
@ssj_god said:

lmao .. seeing this .. is funny.. XD

you could've added pictures here aswell.

I am confused. Why is it funny? I thought Baahubali demonstrated good enough feats to be considered a threat to Cap.

no the idea was funny XD

both baahubali's could win. mention which baahubali you're using.

The reason I didn't specify which Baahubali is because both of them seemed at the same level. But for this thread, let's just consider the father.

well, Amarendra baahubali had greater skill and war tactics/battle reading feats than his son though

and he obviously wins against cap.

Avatar image for rbt
#36 Posted by RBT (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god: The statue feat is amazing. Outclasses everything Cap has done. Though I hate that the ropes weren't completely tight during the pulling scene. I hate little mistakes like that.

Avatar image for ssj_god
#37 Edited by ssj_god (16443 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@ssj_god: The statue feat is amazing. Outclasses everything Cap has done. Though I hate that the ropes weren't completely tight during the pulling scene. I hate little mistakes like that.

yeah .. that really pours cold water on this exciting heated scene :/

Avatar image for ldm
#38 Posted by LDM (1644 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, almost any Asian protagonists would stomps Cap cause their feats are physics proof

Avatar image for deltahuman
#39 Edited by deltahuman (755 posts) - - Show Bio

Baahubali wins this. Both Son and Father are stronger than Cap and arguably more skilled and faster having better reflexes.

Anyway I don't think Baahubali was exceptional in terms of plot. I found it to be just another revenge saga. No doubt the vfx was exceptional compared to other Indian flicks and the execution of the whole project was on a very professional level on par with western studios. The actors fully commited themselves in the roles too. What I feel is there are many other Indian movies that have a much better plot.

Maybe Upcoming 2.0 starring Rajnikanth and Akshay will outdo Baahubali in terms of VFX. Mohanlal's Randamoozam will surely outdo Baahubali in all spheres though. After all its the Mahabharata he's making. Arguably the greatest story ever told in the world and he also has a huge budget.

What I feel is that the Mahabharata is too big a story, very complex with too many subplots, to be completed in one movie. Same with the Immortals of Meluha series if y'all have read it. If the Meluha series is made then it has the potential to outdo even Lord of Rings in terms of story

Avatar image for gazool
#40 Posted by Gazool (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Honestly, this is a mismatch. Either Amrendra or Mahendra would outright stomp Cap.

This.

Avatar image for the_fallen_lord
#41 Edited by the_fallen_lord (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_fallen_lord said:

I find Baahubali to be very inconsistent but even if we only take his low-end feats into consideration, he should still beat Cap.

You sure ? Can you show us some feats ?

Yeah, pretty sure. Other users have provided feats for him above. He's clearly above Cap.

Avatar image for charan_
#42 Posted by Charan_ (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Baahubali.