• 114 results
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComicStooge

Funnily enough, I don't think this thread's been made, but anyway...

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

RULES:

- Tenzin is circa the end of Season 3 (fully rested, no injuries)

- Azula is pre-insanity

- Tenzin is in the same mindset he was at during the Red Lotus's attack on the Air Temple

- Win via death, KO, incap or BFR

- Combatants start 50 metres apart

loksuks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Azula

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when Azula wasn't breaking a sweat when she was effortlessly beating on Aang and Zuko?

Tenzin going to get his ass handed to him

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ComicStooge

@kidphillip: I don't remember that. In fact, I vaguely remember Azula losing to Aang and stalmating Zuko on the blimp.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

Before toph and iroh showed up and tag team her.

But before then she was beating both Zuko and Aang

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula, but it'd be a good fight.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ComicStooge

@kidphillip said:

@comicstooge:

Before toph and iroh showed up and tag team her.

But before then she was beating both Zuko and Aang

Neither of them were exactly masters by that point. And Aang was exhausted, IMO.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Azula in a decent fight.

VinnyLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VinnyLT

Hi.. VinnyLT here. First post.

I would say TenzinBased off experience alone.

Azula has been overwhelmed by a rookie avatar, fought to a no contest only to flee against her brother before she went nuts..

Tenzin has years of experience fighting as an Air Acolyte, as well as training under an experienced adult Aang. He even held his own and got the better hand of Zaheer... Even when P'Li interfered he was able to recover.. It wasn't until Ming-Hua and Ghazan interfered that all four of them were finally able to take him down. I don't think azula would stand a chance.

Tenzin has also been seen taking down Seperatists while his back is turned.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinnylt: Tenzin was owning Zaheer pretty bad.

IIRC, Zaheer didn't land a single hit while Tenzin countered almost all his moves.

VinnyLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to stay out of this otherwise i will be in the same argument with the same user who keeps on defending legend of korra characters.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But.......

@vinnylt said:

Azula has been overwhelmed by a rookie avatar, fought to a no contest only to flee against her brother before she went nuts..

Tenzin has years of experience fighting as an Air Acolyte, as well as training under an experienced adult Aang. He even held his own and got the better hand of Zaheer... Even when P'Li interfered he was able to recover.. It wasn't until Ming-Hua and Ghazan interfered that all four of them were finally able to take him down. I don't think azula would stand a chance.

Azula has actually whooped aang on multiple occasions and also whooped zuko on multiple occasions. Besides neither aang or zuko are rookies.

Tenzin is honestly no different from kid aang. Kid Aang is actually allot more powerful than tenzin but tenzin is more skilled than him.

I won't say who wins here just so i can avoid an argument with certain users.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dextersinister

@deathhero61:

Azula has actually whooped aang on multiple occasions and also whooped zuko on multiple occasions. Besides neither aang or zuko are rookies.

Azulas showings got worse as the show progressed to a point where Zuko could stalemate her pre-crazy.

Tenzin is honestly no different from kid aang. Kid Aang is actually allot more powerful than tenzin but tenzin is more skilled than him.

He's a lot different, as is obvious Aang was a very defensive fighter. Overall Aang was more powerful but rarely in combat, in combat bending is evened out.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@deathhero61 said:

But.......

@vinnylt said:

I won't say who wins here just so i can avoid an argument with certain users.

Tenzin is different from his Father. Their fighting styles are very different despite both being Airbenders. Aang has youth on his side, while Tenzin has experience. Honestly though without an Avatar State boost I don't remember Aang capable of more airbending power than Tenzin.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

Azula has actually whooped aang on multiple occasions

when?

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't rate Tenzin as high as Aang - taking into consideration that Aang mastered 35 of the 36 airbending forms by the age of 10/11 and gained his airbending master tattoos at the age of 12 and he also pioneered his own techniques including the infamous air scooter. Azula matched Aang in almost all of their fights and even bettered him in one or two occassions, I could imagine that she (especially pre-insanity) could defeat Tenzin after a stalemated first few moments.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigmalantern: Azula's usually beats Aang because his durability is rather poor and he is usually on the defensive. He could've cleaved her in half with an air blade if he really wanted to.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lunacyde  Moderator

I don't rate Tenzin as high as Aang - taking into consideration that Aang mastered 35 of the 36 airbending forms by the age of 10/11 and gained his airbending master tattoos at the age of 12 and he also pioneered his own techniques including the infamous air scooter. Azula matched Aang in almost all of their fights and even bettered him in one or two occassions, I could imagine that she (especially pre-insanity) could defeat Tenzin after a stalemated first few moments.

inventing the Air scooter has little to do with this battle, and neither does the age at which he became a master. By bending feats Aang has not produced more power output than Tenzin to my knowledge. He was faster and more agile for sure.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigmalantern: Azula's usually beats Aang because his durability is rather poor and he is usually on the defensive. He could've cleaved her in half with an air blade if he really wanted to.

I really don't think Aang could of defeated Azula that easily, you're downplaying Azula a lot to be honest.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: it is highly applicable. It shows how capable Aang was as an airbender and that he already possessed the same airbending knowledge that Tenzin does in this battle, and given that Aang was younger and more agile would give more reason for Azula to win this fight. Me stating that he came up with the air scooter ability is again referring to his airbending capabilities. Stating that Aang has never shown greater airbending power output than Tenzin doesn't make the battles Azula had with Aang inferior to this one.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula wins.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

Good battle. Tenzin edges this in my opinion. Partly because of his caution and wisdom.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@enigmalantern said:

@lunacyde: it is highly applicable. It shows how capable Aang was as an airbender and that he already possessed the same airbending knowledge that Tenzin does in this battle, and given that Aang was younger and more agile would give more reason for Azula to win this fight. Me stating that he came up with the air scooter ability is again referring to his airbending capabilities. Stating that Aang has never shown greater airbending power output than Tenzin doesn't make the battles Azula had with Aang inferior to this one.

Arts like airbending are always evolving, refining, and growing. There are things that Tenzin has done in battle that Aang never demonstrated the ability to do. You cannot just assume that Aang knows how to do everything and anything Tenzin can do. The air scooter is neat, and it shows creativity and airbending knowledge, but the ability itself isn't something that matters in this fight. I'm not saying anything about Azula's battles with Aang being inferior, I am saying they are different characters and fundamentally different. Moreover you said that if she can beat Aang she can beat Tenzin and this is not necessarily true, they are both different people.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EnigmaLantern

@lunacyde said:

@enigmalantern said:

Arts like airbending are always evolving, refining, and growing. There are things that Tenzin has done in battle that Aang never demonstrated the ability to do. You cannot just assume that Aang knows how to do everything and anything Tenzin can do. The air scooter is neat, and it shows creativity and airbending knowledge, but the ability itself isn't something that matters in this fight. I'm not saying anything about Azula's battles with Aang being inferior, I am saying they are different characters and fundamentally different. Moreover you said that if she can beat Aang she can beat Tenzin and this is not necessarily true, they are both different people.

How far could of airbending of evolved if the only airbender was Aang and after him only Tenzin (before the Book 2 events occurred) who Aang himself taught. I agree that the other elements would of evolved and developed (such as earthbending with lavabending and metalbending as well as earthbending techniques themselves - for example) but airbending would of hardly developed or evolved because there was never enough people to evolve it, and especially in the short time frame between Aang in A:TLA and Tenzin in LoK. I'm not saying that if Aang couldn't beat Azula in most of their fights then neither could Tenzin, I'm just saying from what we've seen regarding Azula against Aang in TLA and how skilled we've seen Tenzin in LoK Azula would have a pretty good shout at beating Tenzin. And I want to state outright that I've never stated this battle to be a stomp in Azula's favour or any form of stomp for that matter. I'd give it 6/10 to Azula in this fight. But I respect your opinion and you've made quite a few fair points :)

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enigmalantern: Bending is based on actual fighting maneuvers, Zaheer for instance was airbending by using a different form of fighting than Tenzin.

It's not so much the bending that evolves but the forms of fighting, pro-bending maneuvers where all the same regardless of element and based on our modern fighting styles, all designed to produce quick strikes, Tarlokk a waterbender fought using firebending forms and so on.

It's highly likely that Aang would have developed the style and passed that on to Tenzin.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Z___

Azula's going to run circles around him, like she did to Aang.

I think Azula wins this in a hard-fought battle.

Z'

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Z___

I agree with you~

I'm going to guess you're thinking Azula's going to win.

Z'

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula in a good fight.

Although realistically, the only reason that Aang didn't demolish Azula in all of their fights is because of morals. He's easily her superior. Heck, he's pretty much everybody's superior.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: definitely seems like more power than Tenzin has shown

Loading Video...
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm gonna seem like an Azula fanboy, since I always vote for her..but once again, I say Azula. there aren't many benders (not counting Avatars) who I think can beat her in a one on one fight, maybe King Bumi, Toph and Ozai.if he's using multiple elements, but that's all that can come to mind. She's fast, agile enough to out pace Aang, has blasts strong enough to blast stone, is deadly accurate with lightning and just so dangerous.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lunacyde  Moderator

@enigmalantern:

Good points. Tenzin could have developed his own techniques as well though. All in all I am merely trying to point out they are not the same, and cannot be used interchangebly. I think Tenzin has displayed superior use of air shields than Aang without the Avatar State.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: definitely seems like more power than Tenzin has shown

Loading Video...

Very good point. I haven't watched the Water Book in quite some time. I had forgotten about this. It still seems on par with Tenzin creating an air vortex when the Equalists attacked him, and blasting a Mecha-Tank onto the roof of a skyscraper. It definitely had a greater area of effect, but I'd say power is about equal.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld:

LOA was more inconsistent with bending strength and it was never that strong in actual combat.

Here for instance he has it canceled out with a sword swing.

Loading Video...

It even takes him some effort to knock Jet out of the tree with a constant stream

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: That's a great point to be honest. Could go as far to say that after the Hundred Years War ended, Aang may of been taught by or had some influence in his development of his airbending techniques by Iron - developments which I he would of passed on to Tenzin and developments which we never saw being used against Azula.

@lunacyde I completely agree with you, I just used Aang seeing as he's the only airbending reference we have to use to measure Azula's potential capabilities against Tenzin in this fight, but I do agree with you!

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@deathhero61 said:

I agree with you~

I'm going to guess you're thinking Azula's going to win.

Z'

Yup.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lunacyde  Moderator

@dextersinister: That's a great point to be honest. Could go as far to say that after the Hundred Years War ended, Aang may of been taught by or had some influence in his development of his airbending techniques by Iron - developments which I he would of passed on to Tenzin and developments which we never saw being used against Azula.

@lunacyde I completely agree with you, I just used Aang seeing as he's the only airbending reference we have to use to measure Azula's potential capabilities against Tenzin in this fight, but I do agree with you!

Very well we are on the same page then. I think Tenzin could block/avoid most of her attacks, but he would also have a more difficult time putting her down and lightning is always a danger.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna seem like an Azula fanboy, since I always vote for her..but once again, I say Azula. there aren't many benders (not counting Avatars) who I think can beat her in a one on one fight, maybe King Bumi, Toph and Ozai.if he's using multiple elements, but that's all that can come to mind. She's fast, agile enough to out pace Aang, has blasts strong enough to blast stone, is deadly accurate with lightning and just so dangerous.

Katara has had the upperhand against her in the crystal catacombs, and beat on a Sozin comet version of Azula (Yes she was insane, but Katara had barely any water on her person). Iroh roflstomped her in her first combat appearance, and would beat her handily almost everytime. I'd also say that Jeong Jeong would have a good chance of beating her, especially if we take Sozin's comment feats into consideration.

Azula suffered from Villian Decay. The superiority she had over Zuko in season two had pretty much gone once he learned from the dragon's. And even before Sozin's comment he had stalemated her when Team Avatar had to escape from the Air temple.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dextersinister:

I agree. If you watch the part where Zaheer and Tenzin are scaling the wall, Tenzin gets so much more elevation than Zaheer because his technique is just flat out better. Zaheer was using airbending to augment his normal jumps, which meant he had to clamber up the roofs. Tenzin execution was far better because he became the leaf, used his robes to let the air take him up entirely. Tenzin incorporates the teaching of airbending completely, he goes with the flow, he circles around the opponent, he goes with the wind, it is natural and beautiful. Zaheer just added it to his already existing fighting stile. style creating straight jets of air.

Air bending can be really effective and aggressive in the hands of an already experienced fighter like Zaheer, as we've seen But, against another talented air bender, who is a master, who was trained by an airbending avatar?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: Aang was holding back vs Jet, he even specifically says he doesn't want to fight him

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: The way they scaled the walls was something that I noticed myself when I first watched it and I thought that was a nice touch to differentiate the 2, up until that point Zaheer looked like a master airbender but in the end his movements just weren't as fluid.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@dextersinister: Aang was holding back vs Jet, he even specifically says he doesn't want to fight him

Which is why he spent most of the fight running but that isn't a reason for why his airbending is suddenly weaker when he is forced to confront him then the out of combat example.

This isn't the only example, go which nearly any fight between 2 named bender in either show more often than not attack will cancel out attack, with kicks and larger motions producing better results.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: His airbending was weaker because he was trying not to hurt Jet

Why is it a problem that benders can block each other's attacks ?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I think your reaching with the not trying to hurt him, that doesn't make sense when he was only pushing him back.

It counters the idea that Azula will somehow win because her bending is stronger when that's not how fights work 90% of the time when named characters face each other.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@dextersinister said:

@arcus: I think your reaching with the not trying to hurt him, that doesn't make sense when he was only pushing him back.

It counters the idea that Azula will somehow win because her bending is stronger when that's not how fights work 90% of the time when named characters face each other.

It's how Zuko beat Katara at the Northern water tribe, it's how Tenzin was beating Zaheer, it's how Ming beat Mako the first time, it's how Ming was beating Kya, it's how Zaheer beat Kya, It's how Azula would have killed Aang if she wasn't trying to savor the moment and got interrupted by Katara backing up the sewage pipes. If a bender is more powerful/skilled more times than not that's a clear indication of who would come out on top.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By GXrevolution96

Here is the difference in Tenzin and Zaheer's technique. You can tell Tenzin has completely mastered his form. Zaheer on the other hand looks like he has no technique and is just throwing punches and jumping around

Loading Video...