No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-61e6cc9d7a484
deactivated-61e6cc9d7a484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Neat thread. Going with Suzaku due to his feats over Selene.

FunkyNamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sanji blitz

Paxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suzaku blitzes and oneshots Lanji

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dimitri1220

Pre timeskip Sanji apparently stomps

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Wushu59

Fairy Tail characters are not even sub-relatavistic by feats. My opinion of their speed is even lower then before after reading Jellal vs Pain CaV

Blitzing Sanji who FTL is hilarious.

Darknessdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suzaku

Omnihater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The blitz is just...not funny.

Yray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanji statue the ft verse

Eazy_Pezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eazy_Pezy

All I'll say is statues can't fight back...carry on.

Akira21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanji curbs the slowpoke

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sanji is too fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FT characters aren't sub-rel? What is this 2017?

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

U know what.......even if u argue Sanji faster Suzaku is stupidly stronger

Once he lands a hit on Lanji it's over

Avatar image for theoneaboveyall
TheOneAboveYall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people think FT is slow when Erza's meteor feat exists.

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MCU-Defender333
@theoneaboveyall said:

Why do people think FT is slow when Erza's meteor feat exists.

Probably because they have a ton of unquantifiable feats, inconsistent showings and no explicit statements to indicate any good speed feats.

OT: Sanji blitzes the crap out of him.

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only in CV can people clown on FT's speed while ignoring the fact that OP top and god tiers are still having a hard time reacting to bullets and motorcycles.

OT: Suzaku stands still while Sanji tries to tickle him with his strongest attacks, which end up breaking his legs because his AP is nowhere near the amount it has to be to hurt Suzaku.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sanji still blitzes.

Avatar image for theoneaboveyall
TheOneAboveYall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcu-defender333:

Every series has inconsistent showings of some sort.

Speed statements isn't really relevant in FT, whoever is stronger pretty much wins and by default is faster.

Erza's feat wasn't unquantifiable though anyway, and she was crippled when this happened so every average FT character who is relevant should scale to this feat, so no they aren't slow by any means.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suzaku is too strong

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sanji blitzes

Gilateen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gilateen  Online

Only in CV can people clown on FT's speed while ignoring the fact that OP top and god tiers are still having a hard time reacting to bullets and motorcycles.

Careful, people will eventually bring up Acnologia(the strongest FT character) getting blitzed/not catching a ship(the christina) to counter this.

Take my advice and not go there. It‘ll get countered.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gilateen said:
@dimitri1220 said:

Careful, people will eventually bring up Acnologia(the strongest FT character) getting blitzed/not catching a ship(the christina) to counter this.

Take my advice and not go there. It‘ll get countered.

Yea, someone will eventually bring up Gray failing to dodge the infamous lightning.

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gilateen: Then I'll bring up how Big Mom couldn't catch a wooden ship for hours. 💀 Or was it a day? I don't remember.

From what I've seen in any OP vs FT speed debate, many of the arguments used against FT can be used used against OP but 3x worse. I do think that OP is faster though, just not by the absurd amount that's been trending on CV.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gilateen: Then I'll bring up how Big Mom couldn't catch a wooden ship for hours. 💀 Or was it a day? I don't remember.

From what I've seen in any OP vs FT speed debate, many of the arguments used against FT can be used used against OP but 3x worse. I do think that OP is faster though, just not by the absurd amount that's been trending on CV.

She was weakened and starving and travel speed =/= combat anyway, why do you keep trying to argue against One Piece when it's very clear you haven't read the series ?

Vex_Haid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FT verse is faster then OP

OT: sanji solos the overrated guild

Gilateen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gilateen  Online
@shirso said:
@dimitri1220 said:

She was weakened and starving and travel speed =/= combat anyway, why do you keep trying to argue against One Piece when it's very clear you haven't read the series ?

Not to mention, Big mom wasn’t in the right mindset in hunger pangs while Acnologia was in the right mindset and was even in dragon form.

A difference between weakened and a not weakened stated.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gilateen: Exactly. This seems just random lowball picked up on the forums without any knowledge on the series or context.

ReadySetGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sanji is MFTL. He solos the verse

Paxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Paxa

A loser like Law has problems to dodge bullets

Fat Meme get blitzes by a bike

Trash like Luffy is slower as Grazleman

Keep cope,not my prob One Piss is inconsistent

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mee09  Online

The debating on Comic Vine is so trash these days lol

El_directo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

Gilateen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gilateen  Online
Pr03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paxa said:

A loser like Law has problems to dodge bullets

Exactly when? When he was beaten by Doffy and couldn't move?

Fat Meme get blitzes by a bike

She wasn't paying attention to surroundings. She was attacking Nami with Zeus while Franky smashed his bike on her.

Trash like Luffy is slower as Grazleman

He never even ran after him, or he could just have gone Gear 2. Plus Batman was shooting arrows at Luffy from behind.

While FT has actual slowpoke feats (which can't even be justified by saying "he didn't pay attention" or "he wasn't serious") like Acnologia not being able to catch up with Christina in his dragon form.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CocaColaMan  Online

One of these days an FT character will get a lightspeed feat and this community will have a breakdown.

El_directo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Selene has a light speed teleportation spell. 💀

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shirso:

You missed the point. I'm not saying Big Mom not being able to catch up to a wooden boat is a good way to argue against her speed, I am saying if you want to downplay FT by bringing up dumb examples, then you could likely bring up even worse examples for OP. Another example would be BM not being able to react to a motorcycle. It's not a valid argument, but you see my point here. And yes, I haven't thoroughly read the series, but I am caught up on pretty much everything relevant. Don't know why you brought that up though since I could say the same for you.

This seems just random lowball picked up on the forums without any knowledge on the series or context.

Which is what you guys do any time you argue against lightning speed magic in FT.

@gilateen:

Not to mention, Big mom wasn’t in the right mindset in hunger pangs while Acnologia was in the right mindset and was even in dragon form.

The motorcycle example debunks this.

@cocacolaman:

One of these days an FT character will get a lightspeed feat and this community will have a breakdown.

Selene's teleportation is already LS, but no one has dodged it. However, you can argue that her light blades are LS. Same goes for Loke's light beams/blinding light attacks (not his light punch), they work just like regular light but no one has dodged it.

Gilateen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gilateen  Online
@dimitri1220 said:

@gilateen:

The motorcycle example debunks this.

Since when? Plus that’s not really the point.
Big Mom was in a weakened state and unstabled mindset when chasing the sunny while Acnologia was in his strongest/dragon form and a stabled mindset while chasing the christina, but still had trouble catching it, which is even worse as he’s still the strongest Ft character, even than the motorcycle example when she wasn’t even using her powers or in a form

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitri1220:

You missed the point. I'm not saying Big Mom not being able to catch up to a wooden boat is a good way to argue against her speed, I am saying if you want to downplay FT by bringing up dumb examples,

Heh? Was Acnologia weakened in any way when he failed to catch up to Christina? What's the context that mitigates that unlike Big Mom?

then you could likely bring up even worse examples for OP.

You couldn't, you just tried and failed miserably lol.

Another example would be BM not being able to react to a motorcycle.

She was focused on Nami/Zeus and not on them, and Big Mom fights like a tank anyway, why tf would she want to or even need to dodge an attack that she knows wouldn't do shit to her? Big Mom in fact has yet to willingly dodge an attack. Some characters just fight like that doesn't mean they are slow.

It's not a valid argument, but you see my point here.

It's not because you can't prove she got blitzed by the motorcycle there while Acnologia explicitly failed to catch a wooden ship in a stated timeframe while at his strongest and actually trying to kill them. See the difference?

And yes, I haven't thoroughly read the series, but I am caught up on pretty much everything relevant. Don't know why you brought that up though since I could say the same for you.

Clearly not, as you consistently miss context and portrayal around these "instances". And I have read FT, did you see me bringing up an instance where Acnologia was weakened and not in the right mental state as a "low showing" ?

Which is what you guys do any time you argue against lightning speed magic in FT.

You mean the 2 seconds stated time frame in the GMG arc? That's actually a legit bad showing tho, and has been successfully argued as such in CaV's including recent ones like this. The manga stating an explicit timeframe that contradicts prior high tier speed calcs sucks, I know, just as has happened with JJK and is happening right now with OPM.

Now you can argue it doesn't hold back later characters or Rufus' magic isn't as fast as Laxus' or whatever, but fact remains it's an actually explicit low showing for GMG arc characters.

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By Wushu59

@dimitri1220:

Motorcycle feat is travel speed...

Everyone pretty much knows Big Mom has pitiful travel speed which has nothing to do with Sanji who now scales above his own Raid Suit in speed which is stated to be able to accelerate at light speed by three different sources. Guide, manga and anime.

Avatar image for deactivated-61abcca5a7c8d
deactivated-61abcca5a7c8d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wushu59 said:

Fairy Tail characters are not even sub-relatavistic by feats. My opinion of their speed is even lower then before after reading Jellal vs Pain CaV

DF wendy was moving faster then the eye could process and a weakened erza was keeping up with racer who was speed blitzing everyone. sanji dies within seconds. FT has hax that sanji cant deal with.

Molt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Explicit timeframe and speeds in OP:

Speed of CP9 is equal to Captain Kuro stated by Oda Sensei:

No Caption Provided

SBS Volume 42 | One Piece Wiki | Fandom

How fast is Captain Kuro? Oda Sensei states:

No Caption Provided

SBS Volume 7 | One Piece Wiki | Fandom

Gazellman, a New World Pirate and member of Kaido's crew, brags about his speed:

''Ho Ho Ho Ho!! I'm uncatchable!! I run 200 km/h!!''

No Caption Provided

Kikunojo - ''NO! HE'S TOO FAST!!''

Kiku is a member of the Red Scabbards, a samurai who can injure Kaido but says Gazellman is too fast.

No Caption Provided

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pxkasa said:
@wushu59 said:

DF wendy was moving faster then the eye could process and a weakened erza was keeping up with racer who was speed blitzing everyone. sanji dies within seconds. FT has hax that sanji cant deal with.

Speed like that is completely irrelevant to Sanji Lol.

Dimitri1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gilateen:

Since when? Plus that’s not really the point.

Big Mom was in a weakened state and unstabled mindset when chasing the sunny while Acnologia was in his strongest/dragon form and a stabled mindset while chasing the christina, but still had trouble catching it, which is even worse as he’s still the strongest Ft character, even than the motorcycle example when she wasn’t even using her powers or in a form

A wooden ship =/= a magical ship that can travel across a continent sized landmass in a short amount of time. Acno's situation is nowhere near as bad as BM's. BM wasn't in a weakened or unstable state when she got hit by the motorcycle, which again is nowhere near comparable to the Christina. Her base is stronger than almost every character in the verse. Also I can just the same logic and say Acno did catch up to the ship, but he wasn't very weakened because of motion sickness.

@shirso:

Heh? Was Acnologia weakened in any way when he failed to catch up to Christina? What's the context that mitigates that unlike Big Mom?

Motion sickness + the fact that the Christina's speed is hilariously above a motorcycle's and a wooden boat's.

You couldn't, you just tried and failed miserably lol.

Doesn't look like it.

She was focused on Nami/Zeus and not on them, and Big Mom fights like a tank anyway, why tf would she want to or even need to dodge an attack that she knows wouldn't do shit to her? Big Mom in fact has yet to willingly dodge an attack. Some characters just fight like that doesn't mean they are slow.

So we're going to act like observation haki isn't a thing? Or that she could've easily killed Franky by countering his attack instead of dodging? But instead she didn't even have a chance to react. I could say the same for Acno getting hit by the Christina, that he was focusing on Wendy or that the Christina is far faster than a motorcycle.

It's not because you can't prove she got blitzed by the motorcycle there while Acnologia explicitly failed to catch a wooden ship in a stated timeframe while at his strongest and actually trying to kill them. See the difference?

I just proved it, she had the chance to counter Franky's blitz and kill him yet she didn't. It's what the Christina did to Acno but much worse. Acno did catch up, but he got severe motion sickness (which is a far worse weakness than BM's), so I wouldn't call that him at his strongest. And lol at the Sunny having comparable speed to the Christina. It's one of, if not the best, ships in FT, meaning it should scale above Alvarez's fleet, which took less than a day to travel from the Western Continent (where Alvarez is in) to Isghar (where Fiore is in), and continents in FT >>> real life continents. Not to mention Christina already made the travel from Alvarez to Fiore in less than 1 chapter. I do see the difference, OP's anti-feats are far worse in this instance.

Clearly not, as you consistently miss context and portrayal around these "instances". And I have read FT, did you see me bringing up an instance where Acnologia was weakened and not in the right mental state as a "low showing" ?

I can say the same for you. And yes that's exactly what you did.

You mean the 2 seconds stated time frame in the GMG arc? That's actually a legit bad showing tho, and has been successfully argued as such in CaV's including recent ones like this. The manga stating an explicit timeframe that contradicts prior high tier speed calcs sucks, I know, just as has happened with JJK and is happening right now with OPM.

Now you can argue it doesn't hold back later characters or Rufus' magic isn't as fast as Laxus' or whatever, but fact remains it's an actually explicit low showing for GMG arc characters.

I can't lie, that is a bad showing, but nowhere near as bad as BM's or Luffy not being able to react to Gazelleman. GMG characters are lightyears weaker than both Alvarez FT and timeskip OP, so even if we want to bring up that feat, it's not relevant anymore. You also have to account for the fact that both BM and Luffy have observation haki, with the latter having confirmed advanced observation haki, yet they can't react to motorcycles or 200km/h.

@wushu59:

Motorcycle feat is travel speed...

What do you mean by that lol? She couldn't react to a motorcycle coming her way. My argument is not that she can't outspeed it in a race (even though that's true), my argument is that she couldn't even react to the attack. By your logic, I can say Christina's instance is a travel feat, and same with Rufus' memory make magic as they both had to travel to reach their target.

Everyone pretty much knows Big Mom has pitiful travel speed which has nothing to do with Sanji who now scales above his own Raid Suit in speed which is stated to be able to accelerate at light speed by three different sources. Guide, manga and anime.

If you read above, I'm not using these instances as legitimate arguments, I'm using them as examples of how the logic used to downplay FT's speed can be used to downplay OP's speed even worse.

exauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Molt still trying his best to downplay Lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suzaku wins if he can land his specialty attack. That all depends on where you have him in speed.

deyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deyyy  Online

Sanji blitzes