Avengers/F4/Inhumans/X-Men Tournament Finals - Jean Grey vs Current Magneto - VOTE BY COMMENT

• 75 results
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@divinereaper: Jean has bypassed his defenses before and her TK trumps his EM manipulation imho. Plus she has her own defenses. Unless he has prep I don’t see him winning a majority against her.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Most definitely Jean if comparing for current versions.

Avatar image for deactivated-607da75040c0f
deactivated-607da75040c0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@roddy2010: I agree with her tp being able to get through his defences , but her tk isn't on the same level as his electromagnetism , It would be a good fight and no matter who wins it would be close

Avatar image for deactivated-607da75040c0f
deactivated-607da75040c0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Singnoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is franklin and valerie at

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@singnoob: franklin is way above this level/tier of fighters. Valeria, doesnt she only have genius intellect but no powers?

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean, current Magneto has not impressed me.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: Ha I lurk around but I took advantage of the quiet after the great cleansing.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dirtynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: is it just me or is this match up a bit ridiculous. Like depending on weather magneto has the omega magnetism to keep his helmet on his head against jeans to, but jean also has the pinkform which she has demonstrated can punch even galactu's for him to feel it. It could literally go either way if we are not counting internal attacks but overall I will give this to jean as her telepathy is omega so that helmet better be thick.

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By GodlyShinigami

@roddy2010: Jean has bypassed his defenses before

She has only done this once and there was context to that fight , She put him under a hallucination , were Magneto had his helmet on. But in reality his helmet is off. So her getting through his defences with his helmet off isn't really that impressive.

er TK trumps his EM manipulation imho.

No it doesn't , His Magnetism has stronger shields , More range , More versatility

Magneto defences are enough to survive jeans TP attacks , His Magnetism trumps her TK. Magneto beats jean after a good fight

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Roddy010

@godlyshinigami:

Uncanny X-men#393 is where Jean implanted the false reality of Magneto killing Dazzler in his head. You can clearly see Magneto wearing his helmet throughout the entire fight.

later in X-men vol 2#113 (the instance you misguidedly tried to use) it was revealed that Dazzler was not only not dead but they distracted him long enough to replace her with Xavier without him realizing.

No it doesn't , His Magnetism has stronger shields , More range , More versatility

Jean’s TK is strong enough to punch a weakened Galactus and travel through White Holes unscathed. Not to mention she can manipulate all matter (not just metal) on an atomic level. Mags may have more range but Jean trumps him in every other category imo especially current version of Mags.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: Magneto was casually flying the S.W.O.R.D. space ship in space. Jean can defend against Magneto while she works her way through his mental defenses but it's wrong to say her TK is above his Magnetism

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GodlyShinigami

@roddy2010:

Uncanny X-men#393 is where Jean implanted the false reality of Magneto killing Dazzler in his head. You can clearly see Magneto wearing his helmet throughout the entire fight.

Magneto having his helmet on was part of the hallucination , you can clearly see when the hallucination ends he no longer has his helmet on. And that wasn't offensive TP , there's nothing to suggest her offensive TP can penetrate his TP defences.

Jean’s TK is strong enough to punch a weakened Galactus

That's while jean is in her pink form , it isn't her base TK power ,

Mags may have more range but Jean trumps him in every other category imo

No she doesn't , Mags has stronger shields , more versatility and more range. If were comparing His Magnetism to her base TK , His Magnetism trumps her TK. Not to mention that his Magnetism is omega level so there's really no limit to his Magnetism , unlike jean who has limits to her TK

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Roddy010

@godlyshinigami: It’s clear as day that he had his helmet on the entire first fight. You can lead a horse to water but I refuse to make it drink.🤷🏾‍♂️

That's while jean is in her pink form , it isn't her base TK power ,

Which is an extension of her what? TK and TP abilities working in unison correct? The OP even states she could use this attack.

No she doesn't , Mags has stronger shields , more versatility and more range. If were comparing His Magnetism to her base TK , His Magnetism trumps her TK.

That’s because you’re comparing his high end feats to her low ends to make a case. Magneto currently is nowhere near the level he was in his hay day. Also, All the feats that I name were base level Jean.

Not to mention that his Magnetism is omega level so there's really no limit to his Magnetism , unlike jean who has limits to her TK

You do realize Jean is also an Omega level mutant too right? That same logic applies to her as well.

@onsipin said:

@roddy2010: Magneto was casually flying the S.W.O.R.D. space ship in space. Jean can defend against Magneto while she works her way through his mental defenses but it's wrong to say her TK is above his Magnetism

At base level Jean also telekinetically slung shot a space craft to the moon. Not as big as the Sword Station but still impressive non the less at base power. Magneto may have more range and has done more grand scale feats, however until he can alter all matter on an atomic state or punch Galactus without the help of Xavier, I wouldn’t put his EM Manipulation above Jean’s TK.

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By GodlyShinigami

@roddy2010: It’s clear as day that he had his helmet on the entire first fight. You can lead a horse to water but I refuse to make it drink

That wasn't offensive TP , if her offensive TP could breach his defences instead of putting him in a hallucination , why didn't jean shut down his mind ? there is a difference between offensive and non offensive TP , there is nothing to suggest her offensive TP could get through his defences .

That’s because you’re comparing his high end feats to her low ends

No I am not.

You do realize Jean is also an Omega level mutant too right? That same logic applies to her as well.

Jean is an omega level telepath , not telekinetic her TP doesn't have any limits but her TK does .

At base level Jean also telekinetically slung shot a space craft to the moon. Not as big as the Sword Station

Yes it isn't your literally admitting that her TK feat isn't as impressive as Mags Magnetism feat.

Magneto may have more range and has done more grand scale feats

Once again proving his Magnetism trumps her TK

punch Galactus

She was in pink form when she performed this feat , it wasn't her base power level. We are comparing the Magnetism of Current Magneto and the TK of Base jean grey , Classic mags vs pink form jean is a whole whole other round.

I wouldn’t put his EM Manipulation above Jean’s TK.

I don't really have any problems with jean winning and I could definitely see her winning , but if she wins it would be due to her TP , Jean's TK isn't on the same level as mags magnetism , eric's magnetism has stronger shields , more range , more versatility and better feats.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin:

Magneto was casually flying the S.W.O.R.D. space ship in space.

No Caption Provided

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: Yes that was an amazing showing for Jean. However to be fair, she didn't really have feats of this level at the time of this thread

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: @onsipin: Good feat for Jean , but I don't see how this changes anything Lol. In the same issue Magneto is able to move Thousands if not more tons of Iron in space and plunge it into the core of Mars.

And is Jean moving that sword station supposed to be impressive , Magneto Literally moved the same thing with less effort in the first issue of sword.

Magneto Magnetism>>>Jeans TK

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags still wins , Solid TP resistance , stronger Shields , better speed feats

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving this to Jean in a very slight majority

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf02d3ddc76
deactivated-61cf02d3ddc76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're using current versions of the characters. Erik definitely wins

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags still wins , Solid TP resistance , stronger Shields , better speed feats

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are alts bumping a outdated thread that ended months ago?

GodlyShinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By GodlyShinigami

Why are alts bumping a outdated thread that ended months ago?

I'm not an alt lol. Regardless Magneto still wins...