Avengers/F4/Inhumans/X-Men Tournament Finals - Jean Grey vs Current Magneto - VOTE BY COMMENT

• 75 results
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marvelfan1992

Jean Grey (X-Men) vs Current Magneto (X-Men)

Rules:

• No internal attacks

• Morals off

• Current Versions for both

• Start at opposite ends of the Avengers Facility

Bonus Round - Pink Form Jean Grey vs Classic Magneto

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Full bracket/Previous rounds results

RO16 A - Jean vs Quake

RO16B - Wanda vs Wonder Man

RO16C - Rogue vs Thing

RO16D - Sersi vs Invisible Woman

Ro16E - Current Magneto vs Crystal

RO16F - Storm vs Ironman

RO16 G - Apocalypse vs Human Torch

RO16 H - Captain Marvel vs Vision

RO8A - Jean vs Wanda

RO8B - Rogue vs Invisible Woman

RO8C - Current Magneto vs Iron man

RO8 D - Apocalypse vs Captain Marvel

Semi-Finals A - Jean vs Invisible Woman

Semi-Finals B - Current Magneto vs Captain Marvel

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scarlet_Wiccan

I vote for Magneto.

Magneto has better combat speed and has stronger shields.

Bonus Round: ???

OT: I'm loving the Jean gif

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a1bde175a
deactivated-6075a1bde175a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean ofc.

Avatar image for deactivated-6055330d93f26
deactivated-6055330d93f26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-607da75040c0f
deactivated-607da75040c0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be a good fight , but i'm going with magneto , he counters her Tp through his own inherent telepathic resistance , his helmet and his electromagnetic powers (I am aware that jean has gotten through his helmet before but it's very inconsistent and the CV does say current versions of both , current jean hasn't displayed the ability to get through his helmets tp defences and considering xavier was unable to affect erik with his helmet on in powers of X , I see no reason to assume jean can)This leaves jean with her tk. Her tk isn't strong enough to compete with his magnetism, and because of his tp defences and raw power I give the victory to MAGNUS.

As for the bonus round Erik beats her the same way he beat proteus

MAGNUS WINS HIGH DIFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be a good fight , but i'm going with magneto , he counters her Tp through his own inherent telepathic resistance , his helmet and his electromagnetic powers (I am aware that jean has gotten through his helmet before but it's very inconsistent and the CV does say current versions of both , current jean hasn't displayed the ability to get through his helmets tp defences and considering xavier was unable to affect erik with his helmet on in powers of X , I see no reason to assume jean can)This leaves jean with her tk. Her tk isn't strong enough to compete with his magnetism, and because of his tp defences and raw power I give the victory to MAGNUS.

As for the bonus round Erik beats her the same way he beat proteus

MAGNUS WINS HIGH DIFF

Magneto isn't beating pink form Jean

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pink form Jean

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By marvelfan1992

@scarlet_wiccan said:

I vote for Magneto.

Magneto has better combat speed and has stronger shields.

Bonus Round: ???

OT: I'm loving the Jean gif

Thanks! Here's one of sue. Her power display in pictures isn't as flashy though due to the nature of her powers so this is all I could do

I have a few other gifs here

https://www.pinterest.ph/avatarkyungsoo/x-men-gifs/

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366:I think he does , he should be able to beat her the same way he beat proteus , but it's debatable , but as for Round 1 Erik definitely wins He can resist her tp and overpower her with magnetism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366:I think he does , he should be able to beat her the same way he beat proteus , but it's debatable , but as for Round 1 Erik definitely wins He can resist her tp and overpower her with magnetism

His helmet can be removed

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By marvelfan1992

@candymandy3366 said:
@divinereaper said:

His helmet can be removed

Magneto can exert his powers on his helmet as well, just something to consider :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366: He won't let her remove it , jean's tk is formidable but it can't match Erik's magnetism , Magnus wins due to his telepathic resistance and raw power

TORNADO77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Magneto in a good fight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366: He won't let her remove it , jean's tk is formidable but it can't match Erik's magnetism , Magnus wins due to his telepathic resistance and raw power

Didn't pink form Jean fight Galactus?

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinereaper said:

Didn't pink form Jean fight Galactus?

context. she absorbed power from the citizens of the planet, terrax, phoenix and galactus, then knocked him down with a punch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366: Yes but she was amped ,that isn't he regular power level in her pink form, Erik beats her by dispersing her just like he did to proteus

What is your opinion on the first round who do you thinks wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366: Yes but she was amped ,that isn't he regular power level in her pink form, Erik beats her by dispersing her just like he did to proteus

There is only 1 round in this battle

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By onsipin

I would back Jean for a slight majority. Her shields should be able to hold out long enough for her to penetrate his mental defenses given that she is going all out. His helmet has been bypassed by telepathy on a number of occasions, and Jean herself has already TP'd him before. during a weaker time. It's a very close fight though

@divinereaper said:

Regarding Jean's pink ranger mode, I don't think it was ever stated that she becomes a being made out of psionic energy, but do correct me if I'm wrong. Given then, I don't think that she actually becomes a being of psionic energy and that her pink form is just her telekinetic energy covering her, much like it did during Operation Zero Tolerance. These are not examples of the "pink form" being spoken of for this thread because that one was a new power unlocked by teen Jean where she absorbs psionic energy and amps her TK with it, but I think the pink aspect of it is similar to these instances and that it's just her power surrounding her and not her transforming into a psionic being

If you take a look at her pink form from other artists, it shows it in a different way where her body just glows pink, it does not look like she becomes an energy being

With this in mind, I'm not sure Magneto would be able to manipulate Jean's pink form the same way he did to Proteus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin said:

I would back Jean for a slight majority. Her shields should be able to hold out long enough for her to penetrate his mental defenses given that she is going all out. His helmet has been bypassed by telepathy on a number of occasions, and Jean herself has already TP'd him before. during a weaker time. It's a very close fight though

@divinereaper said:

Regarding Jean's pink ranger mode, I don't think it was ever stated that she becomes a being made out of psionic energy, but do correct me if I'm wrong. Given then, I don't think that she actually becomes a being of psionic energy and that her pink form is just her telekinetic energy covering her, much like it did during Operation Zero Tolerance. These are not examples of the "pink form" being spoken of for this thread because that one was a new power unlocked by teen Jean where she absorbs psionic energy and amps her TK with it, but I think the pink aspect of it is just her power surrounding her and not her transforming into a psionic being

If you take a look at her pink form from other artists, it shows it in a different way where her body just glows pink, it does not look like she becomes an energy being

With this in mind, I'm not sure Magneto would be able to manipulate Jean's pink form the same way he did to Proteus

Agreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Jean holds back and doesn't use her psi shield breaking feats at jump I can definitely see him winning more often than not. Morals off I say she's going for a total brain shutdown with her psi shield breaking.

Bonus round: Jean

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags

imquentin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If no internal, do you mean no TP? I think Mags could defeat Jean only TK based.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imquentin: TP is allowed. Internal attacks as in blood manipulation, crushing hearts, snapping necks etc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin: I think jean being able to protect herself from an onslaught of magneto's attacks , while also getting through his tp defences , is expecting a bit to much of her , and since mags is going all out he should be able to break her shields faster than she can penetrate his tp defences , and secure the win. It's a very close fight but I'm going with magneto. This fight will be very similar to mags vs exodus , Magneto was able to overpower exodus and beat him faster than exodus could penetrate his tp defences , and I see him doing the same thing to jean.

As for the bonus round I may be wrong about this , but i'm pretty sure she is made of pure psionic energy , I'm not completely sure about if she is then magneto disperses her , if she isn't then it's much more of a fight , but im leaning towards jean winning the fight

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinereaper: Yup I know your stance on this fight, you've mentioned it already. Agree to disagree on the winner, but agreed that it's a close fight either way

As for pink form, there does not seem to be any canonical statement saying that she becomes a purely psionic being during her pink form, so I don't think it's fair to assume that especially when there are instances where it's shown to just be a pink glow on her body, but to each his own

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366:How does she win?? The CV says current versions of both characters , current jean hasn't displayed the ability to get through his helmet or his tp defences and considering charles xavier(A telepath who is on the same tier as jean and has better tp feats than her) is unable to affect erik with tp with his helmet on in powers of x , I see no reason to assume jean can. This leaves jean with tk , her tk is formidable but it can't contend with mags magnetism , Erik overwhelms jean and beats her.

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366:How does she win?? The CV says current versions of both characters , current jean hasn't displayed the ability to get through his helmet or his tp defences and considering charles xavier(A telepath who is on the same tier as jean and has better tp feats than her) is unable to affect erik with tp with his helmet on in powers of x , I see no reason to assume jean can. This leaves jean with tk , her tk is formidable but it can't contend with mags magnetism , Erik overwhelms jean and beats her.

current Jean doesn't imply that all her feats from the past are erased, in fact she scales off those feats because she has canonically grown more powerful. it's not the same case with Magneto because he had a major dip in power for years. That's my understanding of it. I'm not sure if that's what the thread is meant to show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin: I think jean being able to protect herself from an onslaught of magneto's attacks , while also getting through his tp defences , is expecting a bit to much of her , and since mags is going all out he should be able to break her shields faster than she can penetrate his tp defences , and secure the win. It's a very close fight but I'm going with magneto. This fight will be very similar to mags vs exodus , Magneto was able to overpower exodus and beat him faster than exodus could penetrate his tp defences , and I see him doing the same thing to jean.

As for the bonus round I may be wrong about this , but i'm pretty sure she is made of pure psionic energy , I'm not completely sure about if she is then magneto disperses her , if she isn't then it's much more of a fight , but im leaning towards jean winning the fight

Pink form is like Superman mode, I don't see her getting taken out by any small attacks. Pink form Jean is very durable plus pink form Jean could speedblitz Magneto. Pink form Jean can also shield her body while fighting

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel, Betsy, and Emma Frost have displayed the ability breach the helmet in less tense combat situations. It seems to be more of a second defense to go along with Magneto’s own normal defenses these days rather than an immunity.

And Jean did pierce Magneto’s defenses in Eve of Destruction.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jean.

She also wins the bonus round since internal hax isn’t allowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin said:
@divinereaper said:

current Jean doesn't imply that all her feats from the past are erased, in fact she scales off those feats because she has canonically grown more powerful. it's not the same case with Magneto because he had a major dip in power for years. That's my understanding of it. I'm not sure if that's what the thread is meant to show

How is pink form Jean getting overwhelmed?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Magneto's helmet is very inconsistent there are times when charles and jean can penetrate it's Tp defences and they are times when they can't,

The CV clearly says current , so that's what i'm going with , Charles xavier (A telepath on the same tier as jean) Was unable to affect magneto with tp with his helmet on , so I see no reason to assume that jean can , this leaves jean with tk , her tk is formidable but it can't compete with erik's magnetism ,This fight will be very similar to mags vs exodus , magneto was able to overpower and beat exodus before he could penetrate mags tp defences , I see him doing the same to jean , Magneto beats her due to versatility and his tp defence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366: IDK what your talking about I asked for your opinion on current magneto vs current jean , So IDK why you would assume I am referring to pink form jean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366: IDK what your talking about I asked for your opinion on current magneto vs current jean , So IDK why you would assume I am referring to pink form jean

The OP put pink form Jean in this battle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divinereaper said:

Yes as a bonus round , not the main fight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@candymandy3366 said:
@divinereaper said:

Yes as a bonus round , not the main fight

oh, still going with Jean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 del_torro  Online

I would honestly say classic magneto stomps pink mode Jean.

For current Version, I'm going with Jean

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jean all rounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: I'm curios as to why you think jean wins , magneto's helmet and inherent tp resistance counters her tp , that leaves her with tk , magneto has better combat speed stronger shields and more range and versatility.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey

Bonus - Can go either way