Avengers vs Smaug

• 72 results
DarthDalek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Movie Avengers vs movie Smaug. Battle takes place in Smaug's Lair.

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

avengers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smaug torches their a$$

DarthDalek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Black Widow has feats to suggest she can tank that because her ass is always hot.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkeye solos

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers due to Thor/Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thor/Hulk/Iron Man probably all solo.

Darkgenex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stomps.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stomps.

What's he gonna do?

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lord44
Avatar image for xthe_black_adamx
XThe_Black_Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is a bit overkill lmao smaug is going to squeal like a pig and run when hulk comes for him

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

Smaug dies.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this is a bit overkill lmao smaug is going to squeal like a pig and run when hulk comes for him

Smaug dies.

Only magic can kill smaug.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@those_eyes: This is movie Smaug and book LOTR characters are massively overrated, Smaug's feats are limited, he was impervious to harm in Middle Earth, to the meagre likes of Swords, arrows etc, a lightning bolt from Thor ends him. He was killed by an arrow in the side which was only hinted at being magic.

XThe_Black_Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: since when was magic the only way to beat smaug

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By those_eyes

@those_eyes: since when was magic the only way to beat smaug

Since when everyone kept telling me the balrog and dragons could only be killed by magic.

XThe_Black_Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: 1. I haven't heard that from everyone

2. Idk what a balrog is but it sounds like something that stinks and has a fat neck

3. In the movie they are trying to kill smaug with an arrow to it's chest

XThe_Black_Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgive me if I'm wrong

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By those_eyes

@xthe_black_adamx said:

@those_eyes: 1. I haven't heard that from everyone

2. Idk what a balrog is but it sounds like something that stinks and has a fat neck

3. In the movie they are trying to kill smaug with an arrow to it's chest

Have you not watched lord of the rings?

Gandalf fought this (Balrog)

No Caption Provided

I remember explicitly in the movie and from users here saying that the balrog can't be killed by men or without magic. then I seeppeople telling me it took a magic arrow to kill smaug and that If smaug fought the balrog that they would stalemate or smaug wouldwin mostly.

XThe_Black_Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: dude I don't know I think the balrog would beat smaug. I don't know if in correct but didn't the balrog die from the fall handoff and it took an I don't think that arrow they are attempting to kill smaug with is enchanted or magical or anything but I could be wrong

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xthe_black_adamx: Balrog got killed by Gandalf after he chased it for several days after they had fallen several thousand feet and climbed up to the tallest mountain in the world. Gandalf himself died in the process.

That being said, Thor solos.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solos. Hulk solos. Iron Man can potentially solo.

XThe_Black_Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By XThe_Black_Adamx
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: dude I don't know I think the balrog would beat smaug. I don't know if in correct but didn't the balrog die from the fall handoff and it took an I don't think that arrow they are attempting to kill smaug with is enchanted or magical or anything but I could be wrong

So now you remember what the balrog is? Are you trolling me sir?

XThe_Black_Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: how would I be trolling? I thought it was some sort of fire demon I never knew it had a name specific name

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

The way one kills a balrog isn't very clear. Gandalf said that Durin's Bane was beyond any of the Fellowship, who in turn were some of the greatest warriors of that age. This strongly implies conventional weapons can't harm a balrog.

However we also know that in the First Age elves use to slay balrogs all the time, as balrogs were Morgoth's primary forces back then. Whether the elves of that age had magic weapons or not isn't clear, so the manner in which they were killing the balrogs is left mostly ambiguous. Elves of the First Age DID have far more magical power than the elves of the Third Age however, so that might have had a hand in their victories over the balrogs.

That being said, nothing says you need magic to kill Smaug, or any dragon for that matter. You can kill one by stabbing it in it's weak spot, the underbelly. Smaug had a coat of gold and jewels stuck to his underbelly to protect it, save for one small spot. When Bard shot an arrow at this spot it killed Smaug. It never says the arrow was explicitly magic aside that it always found it's way back to the user.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

The way one kills a balrog isn't very clear. Gandalf said that Durin's Bane was beyond any of the Fellowship, who in turn were some of the greatest warriors of that age. This strongly implies conventional weapons can't harm a balrog.

However we also know that in the First Age elves use to slay balrogs all the time, as balrogs were Morgoth's primary forces back then. Whether the elves of that age had magic weapons or not isn't clear, so the manner in which they were killing the balrogs is left mostly ambiguous. Elves of the First Age DID have far more magical power than the elves of the Third Age however, so that might have had a hand in their victories over the balrogs.

That being said, nothing says you need magic to kill Smaug, or any dragon for that matter. You can kill one by stabbing it in it's weak spot, the underbelly. Smaug had a coat of gold and jewels stuck to his underbelly to protect it, save for one small spot. When Bard shot an arrow at this spot it killed Smaug. It never says the arrow was explicitly magic aside that it always found it's way back to the user.

Hmm well i was just going off of what everyone was telling me. I do appreciate you informing me about this.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Thor has a shot at this, but we'll need the third movie to come out to quantify the "magic" can only kill smaug.

vampiricshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zmasonite: only if he has the black arrow.

hulk stomps/ ironman stomps/ thor stomps

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By reikai

@those_eyes: Hulk killed this with a punch to the face.

No Caption Provided

Smaug and Balrog ain't got nuthin on giant armored space whale. And it's only gonna get worse when "Age of Ultron" shows.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Hyperlight

hulk or thor can do it. Iron man could win if he isn't in a confined space

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@those_eyes: Hulk killed this with a punch to the face.

No Caption Provided

Smaug and Balrog ain't got nuthin on giant armored space whale. And it's only gonna get worse when "Age of Ultron" shows.

What? I put Groudon up against Balrog and everyone was saying Groudon would lose and groudon is a city+ buster with city level durability. I still don't get this to be honest. Maybe the balrog isn't all its cracked up to be and was just wanked by people.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Regarding Balrogs; they definitely aren't weak characters. They are formidable fighters that use both magic and elemental attacks. Not to mention they are huge in size and do possess great durability. But as @metaljimmor said, there are a lot of things that are unclear and we have to speculate some things about them because Tolkien didn't explicitly say.

Regarding the topic, I'd say the Avengers could take on Smaug and win after a good battle. Widow and Hawkeye and maybe even Iron Man would be potentially be casualties. Although I would disagree with @reikai in his comparison between Smaug and the Leviathan. Smaug is a highly intelligent and much more versatile creature than the Leviathans, who did nothing more than fly around dropping off infantry. Smaug also has fire breath.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor Solos

Hulk Solos

Iron Man Solos

Hawkeye could possibly solo with the right arrows

MugaSofer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's worth noting that, IIRC, movie Smaug can only be killed with specially-made Black Arrows fired from a siege engine. And that's after you damage his armour plating with one.

But we don't know what about those arrows make them special. Maybe it's simply that they're long enough to reach a dragon's internal organs. OTOH, maybe they have to be specially enchanted to neutralize his protective magics - movie Smaug was fine after being buried in molten gold, and of course he seems unbothered by all the flames shooting out of his mouth.

However, these are superheroes. As soon as they found out about this weakness, they would probably adapt it so they could use it. And they can all definitely survive his attacks (whether by dodging or tanking.)

All probably solo, with the possible exception of movie Hulk (too dumb, and Smaug is tough enough to brawl with him.)

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By reikai

Nah Hulk still definitely solos. I see absolutely nothing that'd save Smaug from getting his brains smashed in by the Hulk or having his head torn off. I mean are we really gonna try and estimate the difference in durability between a Tolkien Dragon and a Marvel Alien with otherworldly metals? Not worth even attempting.

Even saying Smaug is smarter than the Leviathan, doesn't change the fact Hulk effectively killed one with a punch and those things're at least 2-3x the mass of Smaug. And despite being a big, green rage monster, Hulk was smart enough to use the Leviathan's own armored plating as a spike for Thor to hammer into it. So he's not that dumb.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow and Hawkeye could bring Smaug down - she is smart and perceptive enough to notice the damaged scale, and he has good enough Aim to bring it down with a trick arrow once he realizes regular arrows don't work.

It's worth noting that, IIRC, movie Smaug can only be killed with specially-made Black Arrows fired from a siege engine. And that's after you damage his armour plating with one.

But we don't know what about those arrows make them special. Maybe it's simply that they're long enough to reach a dragon's internal organs. OTOH, maybe they have to be specially enchanted to neutralize his protective magics - movie Smaug was fine after being buried in molten gold, and of course he seems unbothered by all the flames shooting out of his mouth.

However, these are superheroes. As soon as they found out about this weakness, they would probably adapt it so they could use it. And they can all definitely survive his attacks (whether by dodging or tanking.)

All probably solo, with the possible exception of movie Hulk (too dumb, and Smaug is tough enough to brawl with him.)

Snowball12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smaug beats hulk due to the fact his fire would probraly hurt him and smaug has very strong skin from the jewels and gold making it hard for hulk to punch his brains out. Smaug then casualy chomps on hulk until he's dead. Iron Man gets stomped by flames ide imagine. Hawk eye has no arrow wich could go deep enough into smaug to kill him even if he spots smaugs weak point. Thors the only one who could win with the right blows to smaug and using lightning

xeno12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smaug easily lol

NotoriousLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Avengers. If a human with no powers can kill him why not the Avengers?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman solos

Hulk solos

Thor solos

Hawkeye super solos

Madripoor

Forum Posts