• 129 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
#2 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

no one?

#3 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Steppenwolf and why so many threads on him all of a sudden?

Avatar image for supermanforever
#4 Posted by Supermanforever (8982 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers might have a chance Only hulk and thor matter though. The rest are pretty much fodder if the ones in the pic are included.

#5 Posted by Eternal_Knight (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: Justice League movie villain. People are hyped, let them be.

#6 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Eternal_Knight (595 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal_knight: That was the one thing keeping my interest.

Guess I'm watching Ragnarok, especially now that their RT scores are out.

#9 Posted by Standardized (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal_knight: That was the one thing keeping my interest.

Guess I'm watching Ragnarok, especially now that their RT scores are out.

RT scores literally mean nothing.

#10 Posted by beatboks1 (10120 posts) - - Show Bio

@standardized: as do most reviews on comic based movies. The biggest critism of comic character movies is based on supposedly unbelievable plot lines. The problem is every time this happens the plot that is so unbelievable is exactly to tje letter how it happens in canon comics.

The very things fans of the said cimic charactet are looking for are those often critisized by crtics. It always amuses me how that works. Almost everything that has ever copped some crap from critcs re a Marvel or DC film or TV show are the very thimgs i like (except for the over introduction to characters in Netflix Defenders. It made the speed of the first 4 eps too slow and drawn out)

#11 Edited by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@standardized: Movies can be extremely subjective, but when it's under 40% and every major critic says it's shit then it's shit. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way, but I'd rather spend my money on a movie that's satisfied a great deal of people [Ragnarok].

So, sue me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#12 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers stomp.

#13 Posted by Standardized (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@standardized: Movies can be extremely subjective, but when it's under 40% and every major critic says it's shit then it's shit. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way, but I'd rather spend my money on a movie that's satisfied a great deal of people [Ragnarok].

So, sue me.

The same critics who rated Ragnarok higher then The Shawshank redemption and forest gump. Ragnarok is a good movie but come on critics can clearly be biased and the only way to know if you like a movie is if you actually watch it.

#14 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@standardized: You misunderstood me. I'm not trying to judge which movie is better than the other based solely on the score and opinions of critcs (I'd have to be spineless and ignorant to do that), but I'm trying to weigh which film will be worth my money; because I only have the time and cash to watch either of the two right now-- so it just makes more sense to spend it on something that was well received rather than something that was panned.

#15 Edited by Jpanda (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: People said Man of Steel was garbage which is only 10 higher. Which in my opinion was a really good movie. So Rotten Tomatoes should really be taken as a baseline and used as expectations then set your own opinions. It is fine if you agree, but you are judging it by just Rotten Tomatoes. (movie isn't out yet but don't trash it till you've seen it) From what I have seen I think Steppenwolf wins. I'll update it when I see it

#16 Posted by HigherPower (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@jpanda:

but you are judging it by just Rotten Tomatoes.

The fact that you said this proves you literally can not read or simply chose to ignore everything I've said.

#17 Posted by Jpanda (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: no i got on the page and went to do something. So my page wasn't refreshed when you posted that. And I completely agree with you on that post. Yeah ratings matter and yeah I understand if you can only see one. From what I understand the reviews I have watched said it was a fun movie just not great, but almost everyone who made a review about Thor said it was amazing. So yeah I would say go see Thor. Simple misunderstanding was all I hope I didn't offend you.

#18 Posted by sportjames23 (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

Do the Avengers have Superman’s number on speed dial?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#19 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43377 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf slaughters them

#20 Posted by Azooz_king (707 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf was Weak Even Post Ragnarok Thor solos and with the Team he Gets Stomped

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#21 Posted by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen JL yet. I've heard he's around Zod's level w/o flight. Avengers could beat a flightless Zod.

#22 Edited by Mermmann (32 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a disposable no name villain like Whiplash in Ironman or dark world villain Malekith in Thor

This guy kills some amazons, fights Diana and Aquaman for a bit trying to collect 3 boxes

they form the justice league with Cyborg and Batman

Superman comes back from the dead and Supes almost one shots him

Diana and Aquaman beat him up and he almost gets murdered by hungry far eating parademons

Haven't seen JL yet. I've heard he's around Zod's level w/o flight.

He's weaker I could see an argument where Thor may solo

Hulk is probably much stronger but I don't think Hulk has the speed for him

The Vision or Witch may solo

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#23 Posted by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

@mermmann: I think the only avengers in this battle are the ones pictured.

#24 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers curbstomp

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
#25 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

@mermmann said:
@god_vulcan said:

He is a disposable no name villain like Whiplash in Ironman or dark world villain Malekith in Thor

This guy kills some amazons, fights Diana and Aquaman for a bit trying to collect 3 boxes

they form the justice league with Cyborg and Batman

Superman comes back from the dead and Supes almost one shots him

Diana and Aquaman beat him up and he almost gets murdered by hungry far eating parademons

@sergeant-rl3 said:

Haven't seen JL yet. I've heard he's around Zod's level w/o flight.

He's weaker I could see an argument where Thor may solo

Hulk is probably much stronger but I don't think Hulk has the speed for him

The Vision or Witch may solo

Vsion and Scarlet With aren't in this thread...just the A vengers in the picture.

#26 Posted by Standardized (1502 posts) - - Show Bio

@standardized: You misunderstood me. I'm not trying to judge which movie is better than the other based solely on the score and opinions of critcs (I'd have to be spineless and ignorant to do that), but I'm trying to weigh which film will be worth my money; because I only have the time and cash to watch either of the two right now-- so it just makes more sense to spend it on something that was well received rather than something that was panned.

Oh my bad man.

#27 Posted by Greendevil (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the movie and i was very disappointed by Steppenwolf. Superman curb-stomped him so fast that it was lame.

Thor/Hulk arguably, Avengers in a massive STOMP!

#28 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

Imma be back when I see the movie. Commenting so I don't forget

#29 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can solo

Avengers stomp

#30 Posted by patrat18 (11745 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Assemble on his a$$

#31 Posted by Hermur (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf was powerful but he would loose against Hulk or Thor.

#32 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

The only ones who could stand up to Steppenwolf are Thor, Hulk and Ironman.

For Ironman he needs to keep his distance if he gets grabbed or takes a direct hit from hat Axe, he's dead.

Thor and Hulk could tussle with Steppenwolf but probably can't put him down.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#33 Posted by Supermanforever (8982 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the movie and i was very disappointed by Steppenwolf. Superman curb-stomped him so fast that it was lame.

Thor/Hulk arguably, Avengers in a massive STOMP!

Steppenwolf was holdingn his own against all of JL except supes. Yeah he got beat by Supes but supes got new power level so saying he got by supes makes him disspointing is just false. Avengers could take it but not stomp, could actually go either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a13797b4eb42
#34 Posted by deactivated-5a13797b4eb42 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

He's weak. The team takes it.

#35 Posted by sportjames23 (1123 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf solos.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#36 Edited by IndomitableRegal (16530 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched JL yet. Because it just came out today. And I work.

#37 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins low Diff

Avatar image for travistouchdown
#38 Posted by TravisTouchdown (456 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn’t have the one thing that matters against MCU characters, speed. Avengers win with some deaths on their side.

#39 Posted by killers10333 (3442 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps him

#40 Edited by jball834 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf destroys them, he one shots all of them except for Thor and Hulk. Dunno why people on this site are acting like hes weak, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Bats and Flash couldnt do anything to him until Supes popped up.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
#41 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf and Parademons would take the majority here. Unlike the Avengers 1, there is no mothership to knock out the parademons. So eventually, they would swarm the team and take out Widow, Hawkeye, and Captain America. Iron Man would last awhile longer bit longer but would run out of power and get taken out as well. And that just leaves Thor and Hulk. They're not quick enough to take on Steppenwolf and win. He took and Mera and Aquaman underwater...and won. That's some serious skill and power.

#42 Posted by Wolderman (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers whoop him.

#43 Posted by Hermur (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman fought Steppenwolf good,even if she was on the defensive. But she looked less impressive in this movie than the others.

#44 Edited by beatboks1 (10120 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan:

Movies can be extremely subjective, but when it's under 40% and every major critic says it's shit then it's shit. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way,

well I saw it with my kids last night and its not shit. My son whos more of a marvel fan actually preferred it over Thor Ragnorak and civil war. My daughter (his older sister) still favors Ragnorak but places it above all the avenger movies.

Personally I'd put it beside civil war. Every issue that I've read in the critiques I've read (and I read 9 negative ones prior to going) had a problem with plot aspects that were basically DCU canon. What they seem to take issue with is that it doesnt fit their view of a justice league which is either based on cartoon takes of the 1960s or 70s that were never anything like the comics or out dated canon.

Spoilered for those who haven't seen it yet

just in case you accidentally opened this and didn't mean to

For example one critic didnt like the negative tone of Batman or how he had been around so long but not known. But that IS Batman of the Nu52. It's how they allowed Bats to retain all his history while Superman etc only started 5 years ago and Supes was still the start of the super hero era.

one didn't like how Bat's threw in WW's face about how she'd crawled into herself after Steve Trevor died and hadn't been the symbol she should have been like Superman. But it was literally the perfect way to explain in an efficient manner what Superman was the ideal everyone looks to and how she could have been around and fought for good without being the big deal she should. All done in a few minutes of the movie without taking up major plot time.

another said that Cyborg and Flash did noting in the film. I can only assume he wasn't actually watching it. Cyborg was integral in actually finding Steppenwolf for the final battle and preventing the calamity. Flash literally saved all scientists and several innocents (all those we'd actually seen anyway) as well as made the return of the man of steel possible) they couldn't have been more wrong

I could go on and address every negative thing I read but it's all the same

Anyone who actually knows the current source material will enjoy the film.

#45 Edited by beatboks1 (10120 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf was pretty much owning the jla before Superman arrived. the combined strikes of Aquaman and Wonder Woman together we're doing nothing. even when she wound-up, spinning her whole body behind an attack it did Jack. He was literally treating them all as insignificant gnats that he didn't have to worry about.

No one in the picture team of the Opie has the stripe power that Superman does based on his feats in Man of Steel and this film as such without someone with that striking power or a few more added I don't see Abengers taking Steppenwolf. Add Scarlet Witch maybe vision or Doctor Strange and you have a case

Avatar image for deactivated-5abbc73944668
#46 Posted by deactivated-5abbc73944668 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf with parademons wrecks for reasons already stated

#47 Posted by dc2_ (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

#48 Edited by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos and Avengers wreck.

#49 Posted by mrtrickster (3056 posts) - - Show Bio

steppenwolf easily

#50 Posted by MightyKalEl (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

Steppenwolf.