Avatars vs Ozai, Iroh & Azula (Sozin's comet)

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By GXrevolution96

Aang, Korra & Wan without the avatar state go up against the 3 most powerful fire benders in the world, with Sozin's comet.

Firebenders: Ozai, Iroh & Azula

• Sozin's comet is out!
  • The Avatars are bloodlusted
  • No avatar state!
  • Win by KO or death
  • Start by 100 metres
  • Wan starts on his nimbus cloud
  • Avatars have sufficient bending material

Who wins?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 juiceboks  Moderator

Seriously?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator
GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really damn team fire bender i would not give people like azula and iroh prep we see what they can do with it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really damn team fire bender i would not give people like azula and iroh prep we see what they can do with it.

What are they going to do with prep here?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team fire bender stomp. Aang without avatar state has only beat azula once, and that was luck. Azula has been whooping his ass for quite a while. Korra vs azula is already a tossup match, Aang was losing against Ozai. Badly. So no. Team fire bender takes this handily despite avatar wan being there.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wan's going to be a big problem for the firebenders. His firebending was already extremely powerful, and then it's further enhanced by Sozin's comet. With his airbending flight, he's possibly the most maneuverable here. He's also insanely durable, far more durable than any of the firebenders

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: beat them faster and more efficiently

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: beat them faster and more efficiently

But how is prep going to help them? What will they prepare?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I don't see how its a stomp. Azula vs. Haru is a stomp.

As for your comment about about Aang. Initially, Aang held his own quite well against Ozai. He was on the defensive, but was holding up. He seemed to shy away from going on the offensive. He was a pacifist and was against killing Ozai. Things only seemed to go down hill for him when he redirected Ozai's lighting and subsequently lost the will to continue fighting. IMO, a bloodlusted Aang could have defeat Ozai without the avatar state.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You serious? Team Fire stomps. Azula isn't even needed here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team fire bender stomp. Aang without avatar state has only beat azula once, and that was luck. Azula has been whooping his ass for quite a while. Korra vs azula is already a tossup match, Aang was losing against Ozai. Badly. So no. Team fire bender takes this handily despite avatar wan being there.

Aang improved a lot between his last fight with Azula and the end of the series. He learned firebending, and he improved in his use of the other elements. One of his problems when fighting Azula was that he wasn't always very good at using the elements simultaneously, where as he was using earthbending and airbending together much better when fighting Ozai.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

Wan's going to be a big problem for the firebenders. His firebending was already extremely powerful, and then it's further enhanced by Sozin's comet. With his airbending flight, he's possibly the most maneuverable here. He's also insanely durable, far more durable than any of the firebenders

Hmmm can i see feats for wan again?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arcus1

@deathhero61:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang improved a lot between his last fight with Azula and the end of the series. He learned firebending, and he improved in his use of the other elements. One of his problems when fighting Azula was that he wasn't always very good at using the elements simultaneously, where as he was using earthbending and airbending together much better when fighting Ozai.

Not to mention, he couldn't even fire bend back then, a big disadvantage against a fire bender

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to mention, he couldn't even fire bend back then, a big disadvantage against a fire bender

Exactly

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula can take out Korra if she's sane, Ozai can take out Aang and Iroh could hold his own against Wan enough for the other two to come help

Korraspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted Avatars curbstomp

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 Why do you think the Avatars win?

Because the Avatars are bloodlusted, serious Aang can take anybody on the enemy team. Korra season 3 should be able to hold her own against Ozai or Iroh and beat Azula. Wan has a good chance of beating Azula as well.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arcus1

@gxrevolution96 said:

Because the Avatars are bloodlusted, serious Aang can take anybody on the enemy team. Korra season 3 should be able to hold her own against Ozai or Iroh and beat Azula. Wan has a good chance of beating Azula as well.

IMO Wan would take a majority against Azula, he's got greater maneuverability (which is an advantage people often cite for Azula), greater firepower, and much greater durability, not to mention very respectable skill (the guy made a fire wall while invading the Chus without even having any training)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Koays  Online

Firebenders. It's close though.

From what we've seen of the Avatars its an uphill fight to deal with Ozai and Iroh's raw power. Korra is their best chance to down Azula but that's always a toss up. Iroh and Ozai working together against Aang and Wan is another toss up but im just not seeing Aang* hold up as long.

The thing is that intelligence is by far in the Firebenders corner and as vicious and fast as the Avatar bending is power and intelligence are in vast amounts between just Iroh and Azula.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: why wouldn't Wan hold up? If anything he's the Avatars mvp, between his insane durability and great firepower

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Koays  Online

@arcus: That's my mistake. I meant Aang, as he was troubled dealing with Ozai's mad attacks and i can't see him withstanding Ozai and Iroh who is a smarter fighter(and is more then likely stronger then Ozai)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: ah ok. We don't know if Iroh is stronger than Ozai or even a smarter fighter. Aang had some trouble, but he wasn't bloodlusted like he is here

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Koays  Online

@arcus: True, though i believe that Ozai wasn't showing much in the way of strategy during his fight with Aang and was really just attacking wildly. There's not much evidence to support it, but what we know of Iroh as strategist suggest that he'd have a more efficient strategy then to just keep spamming.

Blood lust might actually work against Aang this time though. He was barely holding off Ozai because he was focusing on defense. I don't know if we've seen him pull out offense that can match Ozai if he goes blow for blow with him, and with other skilled enemies as well its up in the air for Aang.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

IMO Wan would take a majority against Azula, he's got greater maneuverability (which is an advantage people often cite for Azula), greater firepower, and much greater durability, not to mention very respectable skill (the guy made a fire wall while invading the Chus without even having any training)

I keep forgetting that his durability was pretty high.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhhh Prolly avatars, but wan lacks feats technically speaking yes he beat vaatu, but still. Idk i wanna give it to them but honestly i think fire nation has he ability to pull off the slight win factor.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arcus1

@koays: maybe, but Ozai's strategy worked. Strategy doesn't have to be fancy to be effective

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Azula gets overhyped once again

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

What? Team avatar takes it. Aang wasn't losing to ozai till the lightening redirection problem. Bloodlusted, the fight is over there.

Wan's showings are far better than Iroh's. Seriously. He's fast, more durable than anyone on the show, has serious mobility advantage, and shows better firebending than iroh.

And korra could hold off azula enough for the other two come help her out.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Koays  Online

@arcus: True. And Iroh did acknowledge he may not be able to beat him so there's gotta be something.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeathHero61

Now that i re analyze this. Avatar team takes this easily. I just remembered. Not only Wan was incredibly skilled for an avatar, he showed skill most benders don't normally show in ATLA or LOK. Great speed and agility and mobility on par(inferior but around the same ball park) with even the most unique fire bender like azula He has a ridiculous amount of firepower and durability so even if he gets hit he will be perfectly fine and can be ready to counter at any given moment. Aang may not win against azula, but he can definitely at the very least hold her off.If Katara and Korra can probably tag team Ozai if they somehow take out Iroh.

Overall Team Avatar take it, mainly due to wan being there.

How i see match ups going:

Wan vs Ozai= Wan wins

Iroh vs Korra= Korra, she is skilled with fire enough, her skill in air and water bending balance out whatever disadvantage she may have.

Aang vs Azula: He may win with the highest level of difficulty if he is on his A-game. Otherwise i can see him holding out until someone else comes and supports him after finishing up their opponent.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: even before the lightning redirection Aang was on the defensive, maybe not losing exactly but he certainly wasn't winning

Avatar image for thelaughingman_aoi
thelaughingman_Aoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with the fire benders on this one Iroh was speculated to be more powerful than Ozai. Ozai really has no feats so this is pure speculation but we see how good Azula is and she isn't as powerful as Ozai or Iroh . Avatar state is off so they really can't win imo

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: he was evading a lot, but that's his fighting style after all. They were both attacking and defending, and generally on equal terms. I don't remember anything saying ozai had noticeable advantage, except in the body building department.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Aang attacked like once or twice. Even if it is his style, he was fighting a primarily defensive battle

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DeathHero61

@arcus: he was evading a lot, but that's his fighting style after all. They were both attacking and defending, and generally on equal terms. I don't remember anything saying ozai had noticeable advantage, except in the body building department.

No Caption Provided

You had to go there

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team avatars 6.5/10 tough fight

tylercollinsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing the fire benders aren't in character as if they were Iroh would just switch sides. I feel like Wan is the strongest bender on team Avatar and could take Ozai in a well thought fight, I also feel like either Aang or Korra would be beating Azula the majority of the time, I just can't see her fairing well against a fully realised avatar. That leaves Iroh left for either Aang or Korra to face, and as I'm not too convinced that either of them can take him lets say Iroh vs Aang, as I can see him being able to hold off Iroh long enough for one of the others to finish off their fights to come help him out.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team avatar with very high difficulty. Aang did pretty well against Ozai, who is the strongest bender here, while not even being bloodlusted. He should be able to at least stall. Wan should be able to take Azula or stalemate, bloodlusted Korra can take Iroh (especially if she has metal at her disposal and the comet boost) and then help out her team.

JillBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically aang was more than likely gonna kill ozai about 3 minutes into the fight when he fired lightening at him even without the avatar state. I got the avatars winning all rounds.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anthp2000  Moderator

@cpt_nice said:

Team avatar with very high difficulty. Aang did pretty well against Ozai, who is the strongest bender here, while not even being bloodlusted. He should be able to at least stall. Wan should be able to take Azula or stalemate, bloodlusted Korra can take Iroh (especially if she has metal at her disposal and the comet boost) and then help out her team.