#752 Edited by Greysentinel365 (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

Barring a lucky cable snag Bumi wrecks.

#753 Posted by GothamCiti (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mad Genius

#754 Posted by katrurius17 (866 posts) - - Show Bio
#755 Edited by gunchar16 (1204 posts) - - Show Bio

@znikt said:

@itachus17:

Well we could otherwise just say, everything he did in significantly weaker.

And then would even Zuko just murder him.

Yay people actually do have a brain here, even though anyone could of thought of that! But that would raise the problem of how much weaker his base firebending is compared to his comet amped which will inevitably cause more conflict genius. I'd say his regular bending is Sozin level raw power and someone else would say it's Azula level and maybe someone else thinks he's Two Toed Ping. There's no way for sure to know what his biggest blasts look like, how much force behind them, and how long he can fly simply by saying it's just weaker than comet enhanced.

Zuko can't murder anyone here and vice versa.

Actually no, he doesn't scale off Azula(and not even in his wildest dreams x2 the Kemurikage version, off which he would even less scale if at all). Iroh scales off Zuko cause he was his master and both use obviously the dragon style, but Ozai and Azula fight completely different and he obviously lacks blue flames.

Actually yes he does and you're utterly hilarious if you think Azula during S&S is out of Ozai's league when she would obviously be approaching his logically. Prove that they fight differently lmao. There were only 2 firebending forms during ATLA and the Dragon Dance clearly isn't in their skill set. I saw absolutely no difference in their technique besides Azula's gun hand gestures that she sometimes used. Other than that they were both EXTREMELY aggressive firebenders who tried to close in on their opponents like all firebenders. Ozai obviously is scaled off Azula because they are exactly the same, Azula spent too much time around daddy and it shows, access to same teachers and all, AZULA EVEN FLAT OUT SAID SHE MIMICKED OZAI'S STYLE IN THE COMICS, and which Ozai promptly agreed with her by banishing her firebending teacher to the colonies. Lol if you think blue fire makes you any different than other firebenders in terms of skill and style you need to rewatch the show and read up on the Avatar mythos. Azula's blue fire is the result of her firebending genes being ideally perfect and her drive.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#756 Posted by gunchar16 (1204 posts) - - Show Bio
#757 Posted by Huskii (454 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunchar16: Wait what part did you find funny? He was spot on about well everything.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
#758 Edited by justicethorpsylocke (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

You know what, I'm voting for the underdog here, AKA Lin.

Sure, Bumi's earthbending is vastly superior, but he can't metalbend whatsoever, which would leave him vulnerable to Lin's cables. Lin can also use seismic sense if Bumi tries to tunnel underground. Lin's earthbending is also quite powerful, which should allow her to contend with Bumi defensively. Lin is also much faster than Bumi. The 4 metal plates in the area should allow Lin to take him out if she gets an opening. Either way though, it will be a tough fight.

You know what, what the hell. This

@shadowwaker said:

Toph in her old age showed up Lin, who was in her prime. King Bumi wins.

You mean Old Toph who is far superior to Young Toph who was voted as losing to Bumi? This proves what exactly?

#759 Posted by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

@justicethorpsylocke:

It was a pity vote for Lin. I felt bad for her.

BUT, Lin's metalbending > Toph's metalbending by ALOT

#760 Edited by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

@huskii:@soimme: @whowillwin: @watcher5000: @greysentinel365:@morbusgrav: @katrurius17: @gunchar16: @cosmic_lantern: @themuser:@znikt: @whowillwin: @thebuckaronatr: @thevivas: @scarunitleader:@doctort5w1: @helloman: @notoriouslife: @azronger: @thejulkkis: @shadowwaker: @metaljimmor: @whowillwin: @darthfallax: @marishtar: @anthp2000: @blacklegraph: @indomitableregal: @major_hellstorm: @shepardoakenprime: @cpt_nice: @gothamciti: @amendment50: @justicethorpsylocke: @all-father:@oceanmaster21: @kbroskywalker:@afrk: @foxerdes: @gothamciti: @deathhero61: @unlimited1: @itachus17:@tektonic

Lin beats King Bumi (21-2)!!!

Kidding.

King Bumi beats Lin (18-2), making him the winner of Division 3!!!

And now we move onto Division 4...

FIREBENDING!!!

***Note: Lightning is allowed, but no one is able/allowed to instant lightning***

DIVISION 4 - ROUND 1

Mako

No Caption Provided

VS.

Combustion Man

No Caption Provided

#761 Posted by DarthFallax (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

CM takes it without instant lightning.

Avatar image for major_hellstorm
#762 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (10436 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: Who beat Toph?

OT: Combustion Man wiuld cream Mako.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
#763 Edited by Greysentinel365 (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd favour CM.

#764 Posted by Shadowwaker (868 posts) - - Show Bio

As we have seen a shot to combustion men's third eye would be his doom. Combustion man probably.

#765 Posted by SoImMe (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I support CM here, too much firepower for Mako to handle. Mako's best chance would be to use lightning.

#766 Posted by MetalJimmor (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

Mako's best chance was instant lightning. Without it I don't see him having much of a chance.

#767 Posted by DarthFallax (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
#768 Posted by Huskii (454 posts) - - Show Bio

Mako's best chance is jet propulsion and sneak jabs. Mako has reliable defense too but either way Combustion Man wins...

#769 Posted by GothamCiti (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

CM handedly.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#770 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (801 posts) - - Show Bio

CM

#771 Posted by DarthFallax (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@huskii: Do you think Mako could take it with lightning?

#772 Posted by Watcher5000 (7491 posts) - - Show Bio

CM

#773 Posted by Huskii (454 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfallax: It will definitely increase his chances. If he isn't bombarded and forced to flee and defend in an infinite loop until he inevitably dies. Then there's the fact that Combustion Man can fire off a combustion beam as quick as Mako can get off quick lightning which might result in a double kill. His best bets are sneak attacking like everyone else has to when up against these opponents and that's not guaranteed so I'm still backing Combustion Man.

#774 Posted by MorbusGrav (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Mako even nerfed, he is anyways not rly that strong?

Sparky Sparky Boom Man wins handily.

#775 Posted by MorbusGrav (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@znikt said:

@itachus17:

Well we could otherwise just say, everything he did in significantly weaker.

And then would even Zuko just murder him.

Yay people actually do have a brain here, even though anyone could of thought of that! But that would raise the problem of how much weaker his base firebending is compared to his comet amped which will inevitably cause more conflict genius. I'd say his regular bending is Sozin level raw power and someone else would say it's Azula level and maybe someone else thinks he's Two Toed Ping. There's no way for sure to know what his biggest blasts look like, how much force behind them, and how long he can fly simply by saying it's just weaker than comet enhanced.

Zuko can't murder anyone here and vice versa.

Actually no, he doesn't scale off Azula(and not even in his wildest dreams x2 the Kemurikage version, off which he would even less scale if at all). Iroh scales off Zuko cause he was his master and both use obviously the dragon style, but Ozai and Azula fight completely different and he obviously lacks blue flames.

Actually yes he does and you're utterly hilarious if you think Azula during S&S is out of Ozai's league when she would obviously be approaching his logically. Prove that they fight differently lmao. There were only 2 firebending forms during ATLA and the Dragon Dance clearly isn't in their skill set. I saw absolutely no difference in their technique besides Azula's gun hand gestures that she sometimes used. Other than that they were both EXTREMELY aggressive firebenders who tried to close in on their opponents like all firebenders. Ozai obviously is scaled off Azula because they are exactly the same, Azula spent too much time around daddy and it shows, access to same teachers and all, AZULA EVEN FLAT OUT SAID SHE MIMICKED OZAI'S STYLE IN THE COMICS, and which Ozai promptly agreed with her by banishing her firebending teacher to the colonies. Lol if you think blue fire makes you any different than other firebenders in terms of skill and style you need to rewatch the show and read up on the Avatar mythos. Azula's blue fire is the result of her firebending genes being ideally perfect and her drive.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And i second that, pretty much the biggest bunch of bullshit i've ever read about Ozai and Azula. Azula's style is explicitly influenced by different forms and even additional different Martial Arts than the regular firebending, there was even an interview about that. While Ozai showed barely any Martial Arts at all, much less Azula's style mix.

#776 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10326 posts) - - Show Bio

You shouldn't restrict lightning.

Mako would win pretty handily with it. I'm still siding with him restricted to firebending. He's fast enough, agile enough and skilled/powerful enough (also he already bent away an explosion in Book 2).

CM only posed a serious threat to the Gaang in extremely contextual plot fights, where Toph or Aang weren't allowed to simply launch him away with environmental attacks (similar to P'Li's showing vs the Beifongs, only worse) and where he was at a terribly high advantage in a sniping position. That's like P'Li on that Airship, of course Team Avatar would get "soloed" by P'Li in the Northern Air Temple. Combustionbending in a sniping position is OP, esspecially when the combustionbender ambushes the opposition.

In a fair fight on equal grounds, the vast majority of skilled fighters and benders would take him. He's never demonstrated actual accuracy or decent spammability with his attacks, so outrunning them or dodging them should be more than efficient, esspecially considering the closer you get to him, the easer it gets to dodge the blast (projectile speed is a factor, but the blast gets weaker and weaker up close so that he won't hurt himself).

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#777 Posted by IndomitableRegal (10175 posts) - - Show Bio

Combustion Man

#778 Edited by Helloman (9045 posts) - - Show Bio

Combustion Man

#780 Posted by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, to be clear, I'm only restricting INSTANT lightning. As in lightning that takes less than a second to charge up and shoot. Lightning is still allowed, but it needs to be charged up like how most of the characters do it. Instant lightning would end any fight in a second.

#781 Posted by Tektonic (673 posts) - - Show Bio

Combustion Man but it's unfair to restrict Mako.

#782 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10326 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: Mako doesn't end his fights in a second. And neither do other characters like Iroh II and Azula, who also have instant lightning. Characters react to it and dodge it or block it all the time.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
#783 Posted by justicethorpsylocke (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

@tektonic said:

Combustion Man but it's unfair to restrict Mako.

This. He loses anyway so restricting him is absurd. The only things that should be restricted are things a character can only do with circumstance. Mako uses instant lightning all the time and should therefore be allowed it.

#784 Posted by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Do you have examples of non-firebenders reacting to instant lightning and surviving?

#785 Posted by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

@tektonic:It isn't just Mako. I'm restricting instant lightning for ALL firebenders.

#786 Posted by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to Mako. He's fast and agile enough, especially with jet propulsion, to avoid the explosions long enough to take him out with firebending or to take cover, charge up a lightning shot, then fire it.

#787 Posted by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVHLjZYwIA @ 3:25

At the top of my head, this is the only example of someone getting hit by instant lightning and recovering moments later. Amon didn't react to it at all, and he was the only person in either series to easily recover from a lightning attack. If Azula were to fight Katara, for example, Azula could fire off instant lightning and take out Katara before she could even react. There's no counter to instant lightning other than redirection.

#788 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10326 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

@anthp2000: Do you have examples of non-firebenders reacting to instant lightning and surviving?

1. Being a firebender doesn't boost your reaction speed. They obviously have more lightning timing feats because they can redirect and they're the users of it in the first place tho.
2. Instant Lightning makes lightning generation more combat applicable (cause not everyone is Ozai, Azula or Iroh who even then would have a hard time using it in battle) but it doesn't make the projectile speed of the bolt any faster.
3. Here's characters reacting to lightning generation:

4. Here's characters reacting to instant lightning.

It's really not such a big deal, at least not in-verse. Tho instant lightning is relatively rare so it's expected of them to have few showings of reacting to it.

5. Do you have any examples of instant lightning ending their fights in a second? Only possible explanation for your view is Mako killing Ming Hua, and he obviously wouldn't be able to do this without her being surrounded by water arms and a spout inside a lake.

#789 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10326 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVHLjZYwIA @ 3:25

At the top of my head, this is the only example of someone getting hit by instant lightning and recovering moments later. Amon didn't react to it at all, and he was the only person in either series to easily recover from a lightning attack. If Azula were to fight Katara, for example, Azula could fire off instant lightning and take out Katara before she could even react. There's no counter to instant lightning other than redirection.

Amon did not react because generating lightning while being bloodbent is hella underdogish and surprising, plus it was at point blank range, though Amon could also dodge lightning at close range against Lightning Bolt Zolt (even though I'm not sure if he was using bloodbending to throw the aim off, I've seen that arguments before).

You need to react to instant lightning to redirect it anyway......... So no, Katara could handle it just as well as a lightningbender who can redirect it.

#790 Edited by Itachus17 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000:

You need to react to instant lightning to redirect it anyway......... So no, Katara could handle it just as well as a lightningbender who can redirect it.

To be fair for Waterbenders is it rly a bigger problem than for the most others, due to many techniques where their body connects with water. Just think on the (imho anyways pretty questionable) Catacombs fight between Azula and Katara, now include instant lightning(the water arms would have been blank suicide under such circumstances).

#791 Edited by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Ehh. I'm not going to argue. Instant lightning is only slightly less OP than bloodbending.

And I know for a fact that 90% of the votes would be "BLANK wins due to instant lightning".

So I won't be changing it. Lightning is still allowed, and there's sufficient cover in the area to hide behind, charge a shot, and fire it off. It takes an average of 2-3 seconds to charge up a lightning shot anyways, which is risky but still doable in combat. I don't see this as much of a nerf as people are making it out to be.

#792 Posted by BlackLegRaph (5219 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparky boom boom man takes it.

#793 Posted by cpt_nice (9437 posts) - - Show Bio

With these conditions, definitely CM

#794 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10326 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan:

Ehh. I'm not going to argue. Instant lightning is only slightly less OP than bloodbending.

So you think Amon, Suki, Mai and Zuko could handle bloodbending too?

And I know for a fact that 90% of the votes would be "BLANK wins due to instant lightning".

Maybe against Combustion Man, who's a slow cookie, but there are more than many firebenders in this division who can handle it with upmost ease.

I really don't get your logic, there's plenty showings of characters handling it, without the use of bending either. Do you really think Mako could beat Korra or Roku because of his "OP" lightning?

Sidenote, Mako's the only lighningbender in the division with instant lightning, so he's the only one nerfed technically.

@anthp2000:

To be fair for Waterbenders is it rly a bigger problem than for the most others, due to many techniques where their body connects with water. Just think on the (imho anyways pretty questionable) Catacombs fight between Azula and Katara, now include instant lightning(the water arms would have been blank suicide under such circumstances).

That's just limiting their options, nothing to do with reaction speed.

#795 Posted by DarthFallax (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone here, except for the airbending kids, the Boulder & CM, should be able to dodge instant lightning from a decent starting distance.

Kuvira and Lin have a better chance at blitzing someone than Mako has, honestly.

#796 Edited by geekryan (702 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: People are saying that CM wins solely because Mako can't use instant lightning. That proves it's a deciding factor and that it is potentially OP. Now imagine Mako against anyone else who can't redirect lightning...People can say the same thing. If instant lightning is the main factor in who wins/loses a battle, then it is OP.

As I said, I'm not changing my mind about it. Unless at least 10 people are against it.

#797 Edited by ANTHP2000 (10326 posts) - - Show Bio
@darthfallax said:

Anyone here, except for the airbending kids, the Boulder & CM, should be able to dodge instant lightning from a decent starting distance.

Asami (equipped with electric glove), Suki (Kyoshi gear/weapons), Mai, Ty Lee, The Lieutenant (equipped with stun batons), Blue Spirit, Jet, Katara, Korra (waterbending only), Ming Hua, Kya, Desna & Eska, Pakku, Unalaq, Toph, King Bumi, Ghazan, Kuvira, Lin Beifong, Suyin Beifong, Zuko, Azula, P'Li (she is allowed to combustion bend), Firelord Ozai, Aang (air bending only, no glider), Tenzin, Zaheer (flight is not allowed) have a better chance at blitzing someone than Mako has, honestly.

Fixed.

#798 Posted by DarthFallax (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Even after his FTE feat, you still don't include Bumi? smh

#799 Posted by ANTHP2000 (10326 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Even after his FTE feat, you still don't include Bumi? smh

Bumi's so hella OP that I don't need to include him.
Bumi's so hella OP that I don't need to include him.

#800 Posted by DarthFallax (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: Personally, even with instant lightning, I wouldn't give Mako the win against anyone else here in the fire department except for CM. And in any case, instant lightning makes the fights fairer than not.

And except for me, there are obly two people who say that Mako would have a better chance with lightning, not that he'd win with it.