Avatar: Who is the best firebender

• 149 results
marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Avatar: Who is the best firebender (121 votes)

Zuko 5%
Uncle Iroh 20%
Jeong Jeong 0%
Azula 40%
Ozai 31%
Korra 2%
Mako 1%
Aang 1%

Who is the best firebender, excluding proficiency with lightning and lightning redirection

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By onsipin

Didn't the creators say that Ozai was the most powerful firebender of his time? Since OP says firebending only I will say Ozai, but if lightning skills are included then probably Azula

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin: I don't know if they did. Do you have the source? And yeah I restricted lightning stuff to make it more fair for people that don't do lightning stuff, just focusing on purely fire

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Ozai.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hmm I am not sure yet. I am leaning towards Azula.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai's feats under the Comet were better than any other Comet firebender on this list, and he scales as far above EOS Zuko and Azula. He should be the strongest pure firebender on this list, although IMO it's missing a few people:

Wan has phenomenal pure fire showings in both power and skill.

Sozin has two showings but both are extremely good - heat redirection and an enormous blast.

I'm not sure if Combustion Bending is allowed here, but if it is, Combustion Man and P'li both deserve a spot on the list.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula and that is no contest.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Alsimmons77

Kemurikage Azula easily, Ozai skills were terrible and he was a complete moron who even with Sozin's Comet struggled to break a little earth ball.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onsipin said:

Didn't the creators say that Ozai was the most powerful firebender of his time? Since OP says firebending only I will say Ozai, but if lightning skills are included then probably Azula

Just for the series, Kemurikage Azula has way too many existing feats for his questionable hype to carry anything.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula of course.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By katrurius17

Ozai has like 1 feat without heavy amp, and to compare a younger crazy version of Azula with him is silly. Azula is far more versatile, faster, skilled, has hotter flames, better control about her or other flames, better defenses and so on.

Azula without any second thoughts about it.

Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula for sure.

Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai's feats under the Comet were better than any other Comet firebender on this list, and he scales as far above EOS Zuko and Azula. He should be the strongest pure firebender on this list, although IMO it's missing a few people:

Sozin has two showings but both are extremely good - heat redirection and an enormous blast.

I'm not sure if Combustion Bending is allowed here, but if it is, Combustion Man and P'li both deserve a spot on the list.

Strength alone is not enough, and Ozai scaled down to normal levels is surprisingly meh if we are honest. Azula outclasses him in way too much, and was in terrible condition and less experienced in the final episodes.

I would agree with Wan and Sozin deserving a spot in the list though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer said:

Strength alone is not enough, and Ozai scaled down to normal levels is surprisingly meh if we are honest. Azula outclasses him in way too much, and was in terrible condition and less experienced in the final episodes.

Ozai was way outclassing the siblings under the Comet - it's true he didn't show a ton of versatility, but I'd argue that that is partly a function of lack of screentime (1 fight vs several seasons and comics for Azula/Zuko) and partly a function of the fact that he didn't need to do a bunch of different things against Aang to win (or lose against the Avatar State).

And Zuko believed that only Iroh stood a chance against Ozai under the Comet, implying Ozai > Zuko (or Azula, who is about equal in terms of firebending). Combine that with the creator statement that Ozai is the most powerful firebender of his time and the fact that EOS Azula was clearly scared of him, and it's clear that Ozai is a better firebender that EOS Azula or Zuko.

I don't think Azula actually has that much on him - she actually has unamped feats, so it might look that way, but since Ozai is clearly intended to be superior in terms of firebending, and lightning is excluded per the OP, all she really has is agility and H2H skill. Obviously, I can't prove that, because Ozai has no unamped feats, but IMO comparing their Comet feats and taking the statements and implications surrounding Ozai into account, I'd argue Ozai should be significantly stronger than Azula.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Ozai followed by Iroh, Azula, and Zuko

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix Queen Korra Slay/Solos

No Caption Provided

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula. While she is not the most "powerful" firebender, she is the best one. She wouldn't lose to anyone here.

Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:

Phoenix Queen Korra Slay/Solos

No Caption Provided

Lol, you really made my day with that. But i think the Moonslayer is the real MVP, even though he is missing in the list :D

Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Crimson-Feather

@mialthefencer:

Ozai was way outclassing the siblings under the Comet - it's true he didn't show a ton of versatility, but I'd argue that that is partly a function of lack of screentime (1 fight vs several seasons and comics for Azula/Zuko) and partly a function of the fact that he didn't need to do a bunch of different things against Aang to win (or lose against the Avatar State).

I just remember 1 really big feat, and that was not in combat. Or do you mean his fire jets? All he did is scaled down to normal levels pretty meh in my opinion, besides his lightning.

Also are you saying we should make up that he has a lot of versatility, just because it could be with more screentime???

And Zuko believed that only Iroh stood a chance against Ozai under the Comet, implying Ozai > Zuko (or Azula, who is about equal in terms of firebending). Combine that with the creator statement that Ozai is the most powerful firebender of his time and the fact that EOS Azula was clearly scared of him, and it's clear that Ozai is a better firebender that EOS Azula or Zuko.

Iroh is even worse, also why should Zuko even think about Azula? It's not like she would help them, and since when is Zuko on his own even equal to an Azula in good condition?

When was Azula scarred of Ozai's power? If anything was she scarred of an abusive father, but even that is long over. I find that not clear at all, better than Zuko ok, but with Azula i saw the opposite and don't like to speculate that Ozai could do much more than we saw.

I don't think Azula actually has that much on him - she actually has unamped feats, so it might look that way, but since Ozai is clearly intended to be superior in terms of firebending, and lightning is excluded per the OP, all she really has is agility and H2H skill.

And several techniques, skills, shields, firing speed, etc., i have to say that she has a lot more than him .

Obviously, I can't prove that, because Ozai has no unamped feats, but IMO comparing their Comet feats and taking the statements and implications surrounding Ozai into account, I'd argue Ozai should be significantly stronger than Azula.

Ok no, i stop you right here. I'm not going to speculate that Ozai who could clearly not even genate blue flames has somehow hidden that he is far more versatile, and i speculate even less that he would be significantly stronger than Azula just for the hell of it.

I found it already bonkers enough that many users said Toph must be the best metalbender, just based on statements, implications and wild speculations.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whatever happened to oparu

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Iroh > others

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula, lol at Ozai, lmao at Iroh.

Iroh > others

Based on which feats again, refresh my memory please?

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, is that a character from the comics?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimson-feather:

I just remember 1 really big feat, and that was not in combat. Or do you mean his fire jets? All he did is scaled down to normal levels pretty meh in my opinion, besides his lightning.

I don't have gifs, so I can't really get each specific move, but his fire arc that he started the fight with, for instance, was huge, as were most of his basic attacks during the fight, and Ozai's first Comet feat with the forest was much larger than anything the siblings did. And his firejets can be directly scaled to Azula's, and based on his speed and maneuverability with them Ozai's firejets >>>>>>> Azula's. You also have to take into account that while Zuko and Azula's fight was mostly grounded, with time for each stance, Ozai was outmaneuvering Aang, and thus couldn't focus everything on power the way the siblings were.

Also are you saying we should make up that he has a lot of versatility, just because it could be with more screentime???

No - I don't think Ozai is a good character for the battle forums because of that. We don't know what else he can do specifically. But he still showed more versatility under the Comet than, say, Azula or Zuko did under the Comet. And he is the canonically the greatest firebender of his time - he probably is capable of more, even if we don't know what it is.

Iroh is even worse,

From a battle forums perspective yes, but in universe he's clearly supposed to be way above EOS Zuko or Azula.

also why should Zuko even think about Azula? It's not like she would help them, and since when is Zuko on his own even equal to an Azula in good condition?

I would argue that in pure firebending Zuko and Azula have been equals since the dragons, if not since the Catacombs. Azula has edges in agility, lightning, and H2H, but he matched her at the Boiling Rock and at the Air Temple, and once he had an edge due to Azula's insanity, he was clearly better under the Comet. In their comics fight, they stalemate in firebending, and then Azula wins in H2H. Zuko is clearly on Azula's level bending wise in S3, and since Zuko is still far below Iroh or Ozai per his statement, it follows that Azula is as well.

When was Azula scarred of Ozai's power?

She backs down on his Phoenix King nonsense. If she was really stronger, I don't think she would've stood for that.

And several techniques, skills, shields, firing speed, etc., i have to say that she has a lot more than him .

Per creator statement, Ozai was the greatest firebender of his era. That means in terms of firebending, Ozai > Azula. Again, on specifics, I can't prove Ozai can do X thing Azula can, but he's clearly supposed to be better overall.

Ok no, i stop you right here. I'm not going to speculate that Ozai who could clearly not even genate blue flames

Blue flames mean nothing in this context. Zuko has proven Azula's equal in power on numerous occasions with regular orange flames. The creators even said they made Azula's flames blue to contrast with Zuko's.

has somehow hidden that he is far more versatile, and i

I'm not claiming Ozai is far more versatile than Azula, although he should be capable of more than what he showed under the Comet, just as Azula and Zuko are - but we do know via creator statement that Ozai is the greatest firebender of his era, backed up by scaling from their respective Comet fights and Zuko's statements.

speculate even less that he would be significantly stronger than Azula just for the hell of it.

His highest end feat under the Comet > Azula's highest end feat under the Comet. His firejets >>>>>> Azula's firejets. And again, per creator statement, Ozai is the greatest firebender of his era.

I found it already bonkers enough that many users said Toph must be the best metalbender, just based on statements, implications and wild speculations.

Ozai is stated by the creators to be the greatest firebender of his era. Zuko, who is on Azula's level by S3, states that Ozai is far above him. Ozai's Comet feats are better than Azula's Comet feats.

There's no corresponding preponderance of evidence for Toph being the best metalbender - although her being able to do something Suyin couldn't (extract the remaining poison from Korra's body) suggests a high level of mastery from Old Toph.

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@earendill said:

Iroh > others

If we're going with feats, Ozai >>> Azula, lol.

Iroh is a firebender known as the Dragon of the West, and if his son had not died, he would have been new Fire Lord. I see no reason not to be the best firebender.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbusgrav said:

@earendill said:

Iroh > others

If we're going with feats, Ozai >>> Azula, lol.

Lmao, right Ozai's two feats without Comet were totally impressive.......

Iroh is a firebender known as the Dragon of the West, and if his son had not died, he would have been new Fire Lord. I see no reason not to be the best firebender.

Dragon of the West was a title for allegedly killing the last dragons, which Iroh didn't even do. Azula was a non crowned Fire Lord, and Zuko is the current Fire Lord. I see no reason how any of that makes Iroh with his mostly mediocre feats the best firebender, i don't even see any logical connection?

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Itachus17

Kemurikage Azula, also the best lightningbender. Jeong Jeong is also amazing though, even if he kinda dislikes fire XD.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCapstrikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jake Sully

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai >= Iroh >>>>>>> the rest.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Itachus17

@mialthefencer said:

@crimson-feather:

I don't have gifs, so I can't really get each specific move, but his fire arc that he started the fight with, for instance, was huge, as were most of his basic attacks during the fight, and Ozai's first Comet feat with the forest was much larger than anything the siblings did. And his firejets can be directly scaled to Azula's, and based on his speed and maneuverability with them Ozai's firejets >>>>>>> Azula's. You also have to take into account that while Zuko and Azula's fight was mostly grounded, with time for each stance, Ozai was outmaneuvering Aang, and thus couldn't focus everything on power the way the siblings were.

No - I don't think Ozai is a good character for the battle forums because of that. We don't know what else he can do specifically. But he still showed more versatility under the Comet than, say, Azula or Zuko did under the Comet. And he is the canonically the greatest firebender of his time - he probably is capable of more, even if we don't know what it is.

Iroh is even worse,

From a battle forums perspective yes, but in universe he's clearly supposed to be way above EOS Zuko or Azula.

also why should Zuko even think about Azula? It's not like she would help them, and since when is Zuko on his own even equal to an Azula in good condition?

I would argue that in pure firebending Zuko and Azula have been equals since the dragons, if not since the Catacombs. Azula has edges in agility, lightning, and H2H, but he matched her at the Boiling Rock and at the Air Temple, and once he had an edge due to Azula's insanity, he was clearly better under the Comet. In their comics fight, they stalemate in firebending, and then Azula wins in H2H. Zuko is clearly on Azula's level bending wise in S3, and since Zuko is still far below Iroh or Ozai per his statement, it follows that Azula is as well.

When was Azula scarred of Ozai's power?

She backs down on his Phoenix King nonsense. If she was really stronger, I don't think she would've stood for that.

Per creator statement, Ozai was the greatest firebender of his era. That means in terms of firebending, Ozai > Azula. Again, on specifics, I can't prove Ozai can do X thing Azula can, but he's clearly supposed to be better overall.

Ok no, i stop you right here. I'm not going to speculate that Ozai who could clearly not even genate blue flames

Blue flames mean nothing in this context. Zuko has proven Azula's equal in power on numerous occasions with regular orange flames. The creators even said they made Azula's flames blue to contrast with Zuko's.

has somehow hidden that he is far more versatile, and i

I'm not claiming Ozai is far more versatile than Azula, although he should be capable of more than what he showed under the Comet, just as Azula and Zuko are - but we do know via creator statement that Ozai is the greatest firebender of his era, backed up by scaling from their respective Comet fights and Zuko's statements.

speculate even less that he would be significantly stronger than Azula just for the hell of it.

His highest end feat under the Comet > Azula's highest end feat under the Comet. His firejets >>>>>> Azula's firejets. And again, per creator statement, Ozai is the greatest firebender of his era.

Ozai is stated by the creators to be the greatest firebender of his era. Zuko, who is on Azula's level by S3, states that Ozai is far above him. Ozai's Comet feats are better than Azula's Comet feats.

There's no corresponding preponderance of evidence for Toph being the best metalbender - although her being able to do something Suyin couldn't (extract the remaining poison from Korra's body) suggests a high level of mastery from Old Toph.

No Caption Provided

There are so many misinformation and straight up nonsense in this post, it's quite astounding. This thread isn't even about EOS versions and Azula's blue fire being hotter than orange fire got confirmed by the same source that stated Ozai was the most powerful firebender + the show itself, let alone that the statements about Ozai has anyways no bearing for anything after the show. Hell and i will not even start about the incredible Zuko being an equal nonsense, cause i rly like Zuko too much for that. Etc...

Ah well it's:

No Caption Provided

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he morphed from Oparu>Huskii>Znikt than just disappeared.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai, Azula potential makes her a close second

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JDogg

Skill =/= Power

Azula's skill is greater than Zuko's, however Zuko's power is on par with Azula's as shown when everytime they clashed.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wrathofthebrad

Azula banishes the rest and is the obvious number 1, Ozai wishes he had the talent or skill of his daughter.

BrainDrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as understanding of the Element etc? IroH by far, the whole breathing fire thing, heat manipulation, including breathing friggin pressurized steam etc.

I guess you could say azula for her different variations of Fire aswell such as her big explosive blasts that you dont really see other firebenders using.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I intentionally left them out to focus on the current era characters :)

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anthp2000  Moderator

@amendment50: He was actually Anthp3000, impersonating me when I had my break for a couple months.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kemurikage Azula easily, Ozai skills were terrible and he was a complete moron who even with Sozin's Comet struggled to break a little earth ball.

Alayebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko of course his father is Ozai and grandfather on his mom's side was Avatar Roku probably the strongest firebending avatar. His fire is also channeled by the Sun Warriors instead of anger like the other Pure firebendenders.

coraPVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alsimmons77: why 'easily' ? I don't recall her doing anything to say she got THAT much better that she is now above Ozai. Zuko could still match her firebending, Mai dodged her lightning and she can still miss. Sure she's definitely better than before and better than Zuko, but it wasn't an insane jump that she's now over ozai

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corapvp: Ozai wasn't even above her EoS, neither was he above Iroh and Zuko.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s ridiculous Asula is getting more votes than Iroh tbh.

coraPVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: writers confirmed Ozai was the most powerful firebender

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wrathofthebrad

@corapvp said:

@byondeon: writers confirmed Ozai was the most powerful firebender

Just as Azula was 14, now Azula is older and she was anyways holding back the whole time in Smoke and Shadow. Ozai's biggest advantage was always fast charged lightning, now he would die to his own lightning against her, and she can do it anyways faster and in way more forms.