viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@aystarr said:

With the comet, Literally everyone is irrelevant in this match apart from Combustion man and Iroh, in which I'll give iroh with high difficulty.

Leaning towards team 2.

You think the bison or the plane aren't suitable distractions?

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@viking1205: i missed the vote last round 😢. Does the comet applies to both teams?

Who would have voted for?

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

With the comet, Literally everyone is irrelevant in this match apart from Combustion man and Iroh, in which I'll give iroh with high difficulty.

Leaning towards team 2.

no, 1 amped lightning strike from Iroh and appa is dead meat, same with the bi plane against CM.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@viking1205: i missed the vote last round 😢. Does the comet applies to both teams?

Who would have voted for?

Kyoshi tbh.

Hody_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't know much about anyone from this matchup other than Iroh and CM, and honestly having CM with Appa might be deadlier than the Biplane; but if Iroh does some badassery like his great nephew and does something like stand atop the plane and redirect his blasts like Zuko did; I think he can eventually tag Appa with lightning. IIRC Iroh had the highest scale non amplified lightning in the series, meaning with the comet he should put some hurting on whoever he hits with it.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@viking1205 said:
@aystarr said:

Leaning towards team 2.

no, 1 amped lightning strike from Iroh and appa is dead meat, same with the bi plane against CM.

But that lightning strike could prove to be a distraction wouldn't it? Same could be argued for the plane.

I'm just messing rn, I agree with you mostly.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't know much about anyone from this matchup other than Iroh and CM, and honestly having CM with Appa might be deadlier than the Biplane; but if Iroh does some badassery like his great nephew and does something like stand atop the plane and redirect his blasts like Zuko did; I think he can eventually tag Appa with lightning. IIRC Iroh had the highest scale non amplified lightning in the series, meaning with the comet he should put some hurting on whoever he hits with it.

The others aren't exactly relevant due to the comet here tbh. So, you're voting for Iroh?

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the comet makes the two firebenders powerful enough they are most likely one shotting pretty much everything here. Appa can't take comet lightning and the biplane gets blown up most likely. I do think Iroh takes out CM for the win but its like 6/10 bc one hit from CM and he is done

team 2

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is Iron vs CM. If it was a one-sided amp for CM I think his team would sweep. As is with both amped Iron should be able to pull out the victory.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205 said:
@anderioan said:

So does sozins comet only work for team 1? If so, the only one surviving CMs initial blast (which would be comet amped, something not seen before) would likely be a heavily injured iroh. The biplane is practically a non factor with CM able to just blow it out of the sky. Team 1 wins with heavy perk and fodder advantage.

I've clarified that in the OP. Both sides get the amp

oh ok. Well then it's really just team 1 vs Iroh, then. The waterbenders and earthbenders might even stop their fight to watch the sheer grandeur of a comet amped fire-bending battle. Either way. Iroh's two companions are woefully outmatched by the extra 10 fighters, Sato is not just blown, but obliterated out of the sky (maybe the distraction his death serves give Iroh the opening needed to ko CM). Either way, whoever wins the fight between the two firebenders is the team that wins, not even the waterbender fodder advantage can stand against the power of a firebending master under the light of sozins comet. I'm giving it to Iroh, as the comet nullifies all other factors.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Iroh's team.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Not much to analyze in this round; comes down to who you think could take out the other first, between Iroh and Combustion Man -- the Biplane and Appa are decent aerial distractions, but they also cancel each other out in any case. I will side with Iroh, fully expecting he is skilled in the use of jet propulsion. Granted I don't know how much that would matter, as combustion beams would have a nuclear effect relative to regular firebending under the Comet. But I also think his lightning bending is crucial; it has just as much range and power as any attack that'll come his way, and he could shoot it within a moment's notice, while simultaneously running away from the Dai Li. I think the Grand Lotus could pull this off.

Hody_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk if Iroh could do it tbh.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Azronger

Wouldn't be surprised if Combustion Man accidentally blows himself up with the force of his explosions. In any case, Iroh's comparable power and greater mastery should take this. And even with the Comet, I'm not sure someone like Lek is totally irrelevant - his precision was emphasized in the novel, so with good tactics and Iroh distracting Combustion Man, he could probably snipe his third eye.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 cocacolaman  Moderator

Iron solos

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Aystarr
@supremegeneration said:

Idk if Iroh could do it tbh.

I mean, Iroh could produce and sustain a nuke during the comet, and by implication basically has all zuko skills which include his defense capabilities but with better power. Add lightning to that and I think he should be able to secure a win

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

fully expecting he is skilled in the use of jet propulsion.

It wouldn't be surprising if he knows it tbh, he has knowledge on lightning which was much rarer and I don't think he would have been one of the only two candidates to fight firelord during the comet if didn't know proper Jet propulsion, since he isn't nearly as agile as Aang.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Combustion Man accidentally blows himself up with the force of his explosions. In any case, Iroh's comparable power and greater mastery should take this. And even with the Comet, I'm not sure someone like Lek is totally irrelevant - his precision was emphasized in the novel, so with good tactics and Iroh distracting Combustion Man, he could probably snipe his third eye.

Good point, but he needs knowledge about that particular weakness to execute it. I'm not sure if he has ever heard of Combustion benders.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though Iroh can probably use firejets and has a one shot ability in lightning, we don't know how fast he can travel with them and if it's fast enough to avoid Combustion Man's attacks.

Combustion Man also has one shot potential, and under the Comet, if Iroh tries to stand his ground and defend, and Combustion Man is serious and far enough to use his full power, He dies or is launched and left open for another attack.

I'm going with Combustion Man

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IROH/LEK/THOD Advance to the next round

Stage - 1: Round - 9:

Zuko/Eska/Penga
Zuko/Eska/Penga

vs

Avatar Aang(Air, Earth, Fire)/Xu Ping An/Due
Avatar Aang(Air, Earth, Fire)/Xu Ping An/Due

*********************************************************************************************

Team - 1: Zuko/Eska/Penga

• Perk - No Holds Barred - All three teammates are morals off.
  • Fodder - 7 units Kyoshi Warriors, in full gear(sans Suki and Ty Lee)
  • Animal Companion - Nyla

Team - 2: Avatar Aang(Air, Earth, Fire)/Xu Ping Ann/Due - An idea about Xu Ping Ann is provided below.

• Perk - Ice Cap - A layer of ice 2 mts thick covers the battlefield.
  • Fodder - 7 units Yuyan Archers
  • Animal Companion - Naga

Note: Xu Ping Ann is a lightning bender from the Kyoshi novels. As far as feats are concerned, he was able to shoot 5 lightning blasts in quick succession, which is the only showing he has in the novels.

Republic City
Republic City

*********************************************************************************************

I'll side with Aang's team. He's the most powerful player in the matchup, with some decent support from the precision of the archers and lethality of Xu Ping Ann, he should clean house here.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man, I’ve missed a couple rounds!

Anyways, team 2.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give it to team Zuko. Morals on Aang will struggle with a morals off Zuko. Meanwhile Eska will be really dominant with all this ice as Due the water bender on the other team seemingly has little to no experience bending ice. Nyla takes down Naga. Yuyan archers would usually take the Kyoshi warriors but with Eska's enhanced battlefield control here she makes it difficult for them to land effective shots.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

Anyways, team 2.

Curious, who would you have voted for in those rounds?

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give it to team Zuko. Morals on Aang will struggle with a morals off Zuko. Meanwhile Eska will be really dominant with all this ice as Due the water bender on the other team seemingly has little to no experience bending ice. Nyla takes down Naga. Yuyan archers would usually take the Kyoshi warriors but with Eska's enhanced battlefield control here she makes it difficult for them to land effective shots.

Good point, but you should also note, there are enough buildings for cover. I am not entirely sure how effective it would be, but having environmental control would help regardless, as you said.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Aang's team, for certain. It's true that his relative pacifism has made him struggle with Zuko in the past, but I feel as though he's grown a lot as a fighter since the last time he took him on. We saw him pushing the limits of his morality and competence both during the third Book and in the graphic trilogies, and also getting used to using bending as a means to quickly incapacitate opponents -- which he could easily do with earth or waterbending in this setting. The Yuyan archers could also knock Zuko out and/or incapacitate him themselves, whereas the Kyoshi Warriors won't pose a direct threat to Aang. Due and Eska become players of greater importance due to the ice, but they won't turn the tides -- or at least, Eska won't. Unlike Zuko, Aang is not susceptible to environmental attacks. He's handled that very impressively with his airbending agility in the past. Naga and Nyla would probably be evenly matched, with a potential edge to Nyla, but it won't matter with Aang being as powerful as he is.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@eslay03 said:

Anyways, team 2.

Curious, who would you have voted for in those rounds?

Probably Team 2 for both Round 7 and 8.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By viking1205

@eslay03: I wonder if you and aystarr had voted, Kyoshi might have gotten closer.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang's team, for certain. It's true that his relative pacifism has made him struggle with Zuko in the past, but I feel as though he's grown a lot as a fighter since the last time he took him on. We saw him pushing the limits of his morality and competence both during the third Book and in the graphic trilogies, and also getting used to using bending as a means to quickly incapacitate opponents -- which he could easily do with earth or waterbending in this setting. The Yuyan archers could also knock Zuko out and/or incapacitate him themselves, whereas the Kyoshi Warriors won't pose a direct threat to Aang. Due and Eska become players of greater importance due to the ice, but they won't turn the tides -- or at least, Eska won't. Unlike Zuko, Aang is not susceptible to environmental attacks. He's handled that very impressively with his airbending agility in the past. Naga and Nyla would probably be evenly matched, with a potential edge to Nyla, but it won't matter with Aang being as powerful as he is.

Just for an info, Aang can't water bend here.

Other than that, I tend to agree mostly. He has went up against benders more dangerous than Zuko with looser morals through book 3 and held himself fine and beat Combustion Man once. He had also gotten pissed when Zuko pushed his limits, I'm guess he could eventually win it for his side.

Also, as long as Xu doesn't shoot Zuko, his help would be immense as well.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@viking1205: I completely missed that one, thanks.

I guess he could still do it with earthbending, and as you pointed out yourself, last time Zuko pushed him too much, he basically took him down in one hit.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Does Due have any skill with bending ice? He lives in a swamp so ice bending wouldn't be something that would come up as much as in the poles. I'm not sure if I ever remember and swamp benders bending ice so he may have little experience with it.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang’s team

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000: Does Due have any skill with bending ice? He lives in a swamp so ice bending wouldn't be something that would come up as much as in the poles. I'm not sure if I ever remember and swamp benders bending ice so he may have little experience with it.

We saw swampbenders bending ice when they were operating the submarines in the Invasion. The Fire Nation opened holes on one of them and they flash froze the water. Due himself has quite an impressive showing briefly standing his ground with Katara and Aang alone, and all the swampbenders could bend mist too.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#188 geekryan  Online

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 cocacolaman  Moderator

Aang’s team

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@anthp2000 said:

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aangs team for reasons already stated

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang's team

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AANG/XU PING ANN/DUE Advance to the next round

Stage - 1: Round - 10:

Jianzhu/Wing/The Gecko
Jianzhu/Wing/The Gecko

vs

Katara/Rangi/Lieutanant
Katara/Rangi/Lieutanant

Team - 1: Jianzhu/Wing/The Gecko - Information about Jianzhu is provided below.

• Perk - Electric Hands - Three sets of Equalist Gloves are provided, one per teammate. Assume the glove wouldn't hinder bending in any means.
  • Fodder - 10 units Water Tribe Soldiers, TLA version.
  • Animal Companion - Nyla

Team - 2: Katara/Rangi/Lieutanant - Information about Rangi is provided below.

• Perk - Torrent - Continuous moderate rainfall covers the battlefield
  • Fodder - 1 unit Fire nation War Balloon, armed with 2 fire bending soldiers.
  • Animal Companion - Appa

Note:

• Jianzhu is an earthbender from the Kyoshi novels, the earthbending teacher of Avatar Kuruk and Yun, he would roughly be around Lin/Suyin's level of earthbending. For his feats, here's a link to his RT.
  • Rangi is a firebender from the Kyoshi novels, she is the firebending master of Avatar Kyoshi, would be roughly around Zuko's level of firebending, if you ask me. For her feats, here's a link to her RT.

Don't forget that the entire southern air temple is snow-capped.

Southern Air Temple
Southern Air Temple

With so many advantages on her side starting from a location covered in snow to non-stop rainfall, Katara could legitimately teambust her opponents on her own.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 is superior across the board, and Katara has an environmental advantage to boot.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 cocacolaman  Moderator

Katana literally solos

Seemorebutts94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Seemorebutts94

Katara and Jianzhu are more or less evenly matched. There match will be by far the longest. I can see Katara being on the back foot though due to Jianzhus morals. However the rest of Kataras team is a lot better. Rangi defeats Wing. He has no metal. And she’s far more powerful I put her pretty close to Katara and Jianzhu in power and skill. Lieutenant beats Gecko fairly easily. He’s agile enough to dodge all his attack and once he gets close it’s over. Appa has already beaten Nyla and the Water Tribe soldiers are helpless against the Fire Nation balloon. Gloves change nothing.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana literally solos

Nyla is probably going to be tough, but she might actually.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#199 geekryan  Online

Team 2

Katara could arguably solo

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Aystarr

Team 2 actually,lol, for reasons stated above.