Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Viking1205

The Trio Tournament

No Caption Provided

Welcome to the avatar trio tournament. Just a short brief if you'd want - There are 32 teams consisting of three members each, matched up within one another, in an elimination process. Each team gets perks, fodders and animal companion, randomly chosen, alongside the randomized location. For detailed information, Check the signup thread.

Each matchup will be updated every 2 days, unless the majority is pretty clear early on, in which case, the succeeding round happen in one day.

Rules:

• One vote per person.
  • No alts are allowed.
  • Be civil and respectful in comments.
  • In case you don't know about a character, available Respect Thread links will be posted, especially for Kyoshi Novel characters.

Battle Conditions

• Unless specified, all battles take place in twilight.
  • No Avatar State.
  • No Bloodbending.
  • Unless specified, no amps are allowed.
  • Characters get all standard gear, unless specified. This includes Zuko's swords, Ming Hua's water arms, Huu's vine armor as well.
  • Unless specified, combatants are in character, but serious.
  • Prime versions of characters, from their respective eras, without additional amps.
  • Win by death, incap or KO.
Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stage - 1: Round - 1:

Firelord Ozai, Bolin, Canyon Guide
Firelord Ozai, Bolin, Canyon Guide

vs

Jeong Jeong, General Iroh - 2, Haru
Jeong Jeong, General Iroh - 2, Haru

*********************************************************************************************

Team - 1: Ozai/Bolin/Canyon Guide

• Perk - Morals off
  • Fodder - 7 units of Yuyan Archers
  • Animal Companion - Badger Mole

Team - 2: Jeong Jeong/General Iroh - 2/Haru

• Perk - Morals off
  • Fodder - 10 units of Water Tribe Soldiers
  • Animal Companion - Nyla

Royal Palace, Fire Nation
Royal Palace, Fire Nation

*********************************************************************************************

I'm voting for Ozai/Bolin/Canyon Guide. Their overall bending average is simply higher. Plus lightning and lava bending seems a good versatile moveset.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 wins pretty easily

Hody_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 handily, giving them a badger mole who might honestly give Haru a hard time AND the yuyan archers make it stomp material. Then Bolin is probably the biggest upgrade here with morals off

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 handily, giving them a badger mole who might honestly give Haru a hard time AND the yuyan archers make it stomp material. Then Bolin is probably the biggest upgrade here with morals off

Well, should blame the randomizer lol.

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 1 in a decent fight

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, gotta agree with Team 1. They have a better team, and their advantages increase with the perks.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GNARLY! It’s gonna be hype!

I’m voting for team 1, although, JJ without morals could legitimately one-shot Bolin and the Canyon Guide.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

I’m voting for team 1, although, JJ without morals could legitimately one-shot Bolin and the CanyonGuide.

@anthp2000

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

I’m voting for team 1, although, JJ without morals could legitimately one-shot Bolin and the CanyonGuide.

@anthp2000

Might come for Suki after this.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205 said:
@eslay03 said:

@anthp2000

Might come for Suki after this.

Do it. She can hold her own.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: So the brand is still holding strong then. I C, I C.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: So the brand is still holding strong then. I C, I C.

The Suki brand always survives.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, gotta agree with Team 1. They have a better team, and their advantages increase with the perks.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Co-Boss

Team 1, haru doesn’t add nearly enough to overcome the gap even with the canyon guide

Also 7 yuyan archers is nuts fodder to have

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aystarr
@geekryan said:
@bigdreamer48 said:

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CocaColaMan  Online

I know good and he’ll well you chose team 1 to be in the first round on purpose

Team 1 wins

dsaousdfsamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dsaousdfsamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually considering Jeong Jeong's team winning for a while, but then I recalled we haven't actually seen General Iroh redirect lightning. I feel like he'd logically be able to, but there's no evidence. I think Jeong Jeong is a more skillful firebender than Ozai, and without his morality holding him back, he could burn anyone on the opposing team, except maybe the Canyon Guide, to a crisp with little effort. But he has no good response to lightning generation from the Firelord, and it is far more likely that Ozai will open with and land a strike before Jeong Jeong can successfully take him out with environmental firebending. Iroh would be dealt with by the Yuyan Archers quickly.

The waterbenders and Nyla should not be underestimated. The shirshu are very agile, fast, and can take out everyone here with a single tap. Nyla herself was about as dangerous as Appa. But the combined efforts of the earthbenders should be able to hold her off long enough for Ozai to take her out. Poor Haru might as well not be here.

The Canyon Guide can sit back and enjoy the show before, at last, riding his badgermole on the path to glory.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 for me.

Ozai's lightning being the major factor in this battle.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Viking1205

OZAI/BOLIN/CANYON GUIDE Advance to the next round

Stage - 1: Round - 2:

Princess Azula, Opal, General Fong
Princess Azula, Opal, General Fong

vs

Suyin Beifong, Mako, Ho Tun
Suyin Beifong, Mako, Ho Tun

Team - 1: Azula/Opal/Gen. Fong

• Perk - Tools of the Blue Spirit - Each member gets one set of dual broadswords, that can't be metalbent.
  • Fodder - 1 unit Fire Nation War Balloon, armed with 2 fire nation soldiers
  • Animal Companion - Druk

Team - 2: Suyin/Mako/Ho Tun

• Perk - Zaofu's resources - 5 sheets of Zaofu Metal plates spawn in the battlefield
  • Fodder - 1 unit Equalist Bi-plane, piloted by Hiroshi Sato
  • Animal Companion - Naga

Republic City
Republic City

I could see Azula carry her side to a victory here.

Hody_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about Ho tun but I see Azula going on a rampage on team 2.....she honestly should do better than Iron Jr did against the plane; Mako is useless against her and Susan just can't beat her for Majority. Fong is actually pretty good as well so it depends on what Ho tun can do, so I'll wait till someone tells me about him

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know much about Ho tun but I see Azula going on a rampage on team 2.....she honestly should do better than Iron Jr did against the plane; Mako is useless against her and Susan just can't beat her for Majority. Fong is actually pretty good as well so it depends on what Ho tun can do, so I'll wait till someone tells me about him

Ho Tun is one of the first metalbending students in Toph's academy, Ho Tun alongside Aang and two fellow students dug Toph out of a huge mine and later, bent General Old Iron's iron armor. But all those are combined showings and Ho Tun isn't anywhere as good as Suyin with metalbending.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KorraAlone

Team 2 very barely, the barely is because of Druk

With Hiroshi the Fire Nation war balloon is definitely going down, and he can at least keep Druk busy

Either Mako or Suyin can give Azula a good fight, Suyin more so due to the Zaofu sheets, but id say Mako should, so Su can focus on taking down Opal with the same technique she used against Zaheer then helping Mako against Azula

The outcome of the Ho Tun vs the general won't really affect anything, but with this much metal around he can at least hold him off

Edit: LOL I forgot about Naga, she can boost morale and help the Ho against Fong

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woof, this is a lot

Swords are useless.

Druk is mvp tbh, him being an aerial opponent should be able to stop Hiroshi easily if the FN war balloon doesn't, Fong and ho tun would get taken out easily but if anything fong should be able to last longer with his experience and skill.

I can definitely see suyin holding her own against azula in this location and with enough metal , but team 1 having druk Is a big advantage, suyin would need to watch out for him with her facing a deadly, more powerful opponent already.

Naga wouldn't be able to do much considering opal can go aerial and Azula can end her with a strike of lightning. I feel like opal would evade mako for the most part and with the help of druk, she gets an opening and takes it. IC mako wouldn't use lightning a lot, and even if he does, it can be evaded by his opponents and doesn't have as much lethal effect as azula's.

With her opponents down, suyin would get jumped, if she isn't down from azula already.

Team 1 wins, it would be a good battle tho.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aystarr

@korraalone:

- Hiroshi can't keep druk busy, he would go out fast, not only is druk probably faster and has better maneuverability, but the range and speed of his dragon fire would take Hiroshi out quick. Literally one shot is enough.

- I think you're giving mako too much credit, he would be just as easy for azula to take down (considering they have the same element and he is very much outclassed) as opal would be for suyin normally, but with druk assisting opal and them being aerial opponents, she would have some difficulties, let's not forget that opal's aerial advantage makes most of suyins grounded attacks useless and opal has deflected an attack from her before.

- tbh ho tun hasn't done anything to show he can beat or even hold off Fong, despite being a metalbender, he doesn't have any good application to help him here, at least Fong was a general with battle experience, he was smart enough to neutralize katara's attacks and use his environmental advantage against her. I feel like naga would be the one to take out Fong eventually.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: do the team members get shuffled for each round or is this thier permanent team?.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Woof, this is a lot

Swords are useless.

Druk is mvp tbh, him being an aerial opponent should be able to stop Hiroshi easily if the FN war balloon doesn't, Fong and ho tun would get taken out easily but if anything fong should be able to last longer with his experience and skill.

I can definitely see suyin holding her own against azula in this location and with enough metal , but team 1 having druk Is a big advantage, suyin would need to watch out for him with her facing a deadly, more powerful opponent already.

Naga wouldn't be able to do much considering opal can go aerial and Azula can end her with a strike of lightning. I feel like opal would evade mako for the most part and with the help of druk, she gets an opening and takes it. IC mako wouldn't use lightning a lot, and even if he does, it can be evaded by his opponents and doesn't have as much lethal effect as azula's.

With her opponents down, suyin would get jumped, if she isn't down from azula already.

Team 1 wins, it would be a good battle tho.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@viking1205: do the team members get shuffled for each round or is this thier permanent team?.

Teammates remain the same, fodder and animals change

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: why do you think Druk is faster than a bi plane? I don't remember any speed from a dragon tbh, unless I'm forgetting something.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KorraAlone
@aystarr said:

@korraalone:

- Hiroshi can't keep druk busy, he would go out fast, not only is druk probably faster and has better maneuverability,

The Equalist planes are faster than Druk, and more maneuverable

No Caption Provided

This is the distance between the Krew and the fleet, the Equalist planes are able to cross a distance greater than this(since they came from inside the city, in a few seconds)

And as for manuevarability

No Caption Provided

but the range and speed of his dragon fire would take Hiroshi out quick. Literally one shot is enough.

Same goes for the bombs in the plane, the blasts they created are comparable if not superior to what Pli used to one shot Druk

- I think you're giving mako too much credit, he would be just as easy for azula to take down (considering they have the same element and he is very much outclassed)

Even though Mako would lose to Azula, he's definitely not going down as easily as you're suggesting and can at the very least give Azula a decent fight and hold her off

as opal would be for suyin normally, but with druk

Druk won't be able to assist anyone considering Hiroshi can more than keep him busy, if not take him out

assisting opal and them being aerial opponents, she would have some difficulties, let's not forget that opal's aerial advantage makes most of suyins grounded attacks useless and opal has deflected an attack from her before.

Opal didnt deflect it considering Suyin hadn't even launched the Boulder, and ik Suyin's grounded attacks wouldn't be useful, that's why I mentioned her attack against Zaheer, which would work perfectly here

- tbh ho tun hasn't done anything to show he can beat or even hold off Fong, despite being a metalbender, he doesn't have any good application to help him here, at least Fong was a general with battle experience, he was smart enough to neutralize attacks and use his environmental advantage against her. I feel like naga would be the one to take out Fong eventually.

Honestly ik nothing about that Ho lol, but go Naga!

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's quite the interesting round. I'll get back to this.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CocaColaMan  Online

Azula's team wins

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I might give the edge to team 2. The metal around the battlefield should be very useful in allowing Suyin to beat Opal and Fong and even defend from druk. Ho Tun and Naga help Suyin while Mako holds off Azula. Azusa will win against Mako but he should hold his own long enough for his team to come in. The Bi-Plane is also useful for taking out the war ball on and maybe even taking down Druk.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Co-Boss

Oh I just realized it was a single Biplane, well I think Druk can handle that considering that the bomb they have has to be dropped which will not be hitting another flying opponent while druk may just be able to grab the plane. I dont see Hiroshi distracting Druk for long enough for him to not be a very powerful force in the battle.

I say Azula's team.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@co-boss: the bombs can also be fired as incredibly fast projectiles, they were only dropped when the opponent was directly below

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ll go with team 1 for now.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Co-Boss

@korraalone: do you have when they were used like that? My memory of the biplanes use in the show is very limited and the only time i remember something like that was when they shot torpedos.

EvyHL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Sorry, I missed your username in the callouts for the second round matchup.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@co-boss said:

@korraalone: do you have when they were used like that? My memory of the biplanes use in the show is very limited and the only time i remember something like that was when they shot torpedos.

They can fire projectile hits behind the bi-planes like this. The destructive capability is also enough to break the whole vehicle into pieces.

The Legend of Korra - Book 1 - Endgame

Also, about dropping bombs, you are right, they generally tend to drop them, they were able to perfrectly land on another bi-plane, which is a smaller target than a dragon, as much maneuverable and are faster at their top speed(from what I remember).

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 has the strongest member (Azula) and the better animal (sorry Naga, I still love you dearly), but Mako is the better secondary member and they have the better fodder unit. I also think Suyin can put up a fight against Azula with this much metal.

However, if one of the members of Team 1 uses Druk as an advantage, such as an aerial fighter like Opal (or Azula herself), I can see them quickly taking out Mako, Naga, and Ho Tun, and then taking down the biplane. The war balloon won't last long, but it will last long enough for Druk to force away Team 2, which will allow somebody to assist in taking down the biplane (either Druk/Opal or Azula). I can also see Fong being a better distraction, since he is capable of sinking people into the ground. Although this probably won't happen entirely, I don't see why he wouldn't be capable of tripping somebody up and giving Azula, Druk or even the War Balloon an opening.

I'm going to narrowly side with Team 1. Tough one, and this is a very complicated scenario.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 because of the dragon

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ANTHP2000

This, I feel is actually a really even battle. First things first, I seriously doubt Opal and Fong will factor into this at all, simply because the Biplane would bombard them and call it a day. It is undoubtedly the first thing that would go on the offensive given its readily speed and positioning, and they would immediately be out of the equation. The war baloon would probably go down as soon as the initial assault as well, the bolas alone could swipe right through that thing. That would leave Azula and the dragon alone, the latter of which can probably take out the plane quickly after the first attacks.

From thereon, there's Suyin, a bender I'd say is capable of matching Azula for more than a while, Mako, Naga and Ho Tun. As far as Su and Azula go, there really isn't much to separate them here; both of them can either block or evade anything one throws their way, and they're equally as fast fighters. Smart use of lightning bending would likely be what would decide it for Azula in the end, but if Mako, a skilled lightning bender himself, is assisting Su, Azula wouldn't walk out of that -- in fact, they'd probably take her out quick, as she'd lose her only major advantage over the metalbender and be forced to fight a firebender who can provide good defence against her own attempts in a two on one. So it would depend on wether or not the Biplane, Naga and Ho-Tun could hold off Druk -- Ho Tun could use a metal plate of Zaofu's quality to briefly defend against the dragonfire, and Naga could play avoid and evade. Ho Tun riding her would actually be optimal here if they're to try and survive long enough for Su and Mako to come incapacitate the dragon.

There's also another way this could go; Su sticking to a drawn out duel with Azula, while Mako helps with the dragon. I feel Azula and Druk would have a better chance in that case, since even with all the other distractions, I don't know if Mako could land a powerful and accurate enough shot on a dragon. Maybe if he rode Naga. If he could, then it would basically be Azula against the entirety of the second team, including Suyin, Mako, Naga and another distraction. She'd get mobbed and go down, again, quickly in that case. But honestly, I'm not confident they could take out the dragon without Su, so I'd give it to Azula's team in that case.

This is only two of the scenarios this could go, but I find them to be the most likely. Really, the only thing I'm fully confident in is that Opal, Fong and the War Balloon would be sweeped as the fight started. I guess I'm going to hand it to Suyin's team for a majority because they have more options and/or win conditions. I feel that them overwhelming the duo is much more probable than the firebenders overpowering them.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Viking1205

AZULA/OPAL/GEN. FONG Advance to the next round

Stage - 1: Round - 3:

Avatar Wan, Long Feng, Lightning Bolt Zolt
Avatar Wan, Long Feng, Lightning Bolt Zolt

vs

Team - 1: Avatar Wan(Fire, Air)/Long Feng/Lightning Bolt Zolt

• Perk - Four Basic Arts - No sub-element bending is allowed, i.e., Roku's lavabending, Zolt's lightning bending aren't allowed.(The nerf applies for both teams)
  • Fodder - 10 units of Water Tribe Soldiers, ATLA version.
  • Animal Companion - Appa

Team - 2: Avatar Roku(Fire, Earth, Air)/Kya/Asami

• Perk - Day of Black Sun - For the first 8 minutes of battle, all firebending are cut off, including Druk.(Nerf applies for both sides)
  • Fodder - 7 units Equalist chi-blockers, armed with one glove each.
  • Animal Companion - Druk

Southern Air Temple
Southern Air Temple

Roku could beat anyone, while Kya should be able to take on anyone from the other team but Wan and Appa, once firebending is back, Druk would be as dangerous as Roku. I'm leaning towards to Roku's side.