Avatar PYP Tournament 2019 R1: Itachus17 vs. ANTHP2000 (OPEN FOR VOTES)

• 103 results
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By geekryan

@itachus17

Characters:

• Azula (9)
  • Kai (3)
  • The Boulder (1)

Perks:

• Decent Teamwork (3)
  • 2 Fire Nation Soldiers (4)
  • 2 Dai Li Agents (8)

No Caption Provided

@anthp2000

Characters:

• Suyin (8)
  • Wei & Wing (4)

Perks:

• Choose Battlefield (14)
  • 1 hour of prep (1)

Tournament Rules

• 3 posts each with a 14 day limit per post. You will be bumped after 7 days. Extensions may be allowed if you tell me and your opponent before the 14 day limit is over.
  • Victory by death, KO, or incap only. No BFR.
  • Standard Gear
  • Everyone is in character but determined to win
  • All feats are allowed (shows and comics)
  • Prep can only be used to strategize, plan, and affect the battlefield. No outside help is allowed.
  • Everyone is in their most standard versions (i.e. Toph is as she appears in Season 3 of TLA, not an old lady like in LoK Season 4)
  • Bloodbending is prohibited, but everything else goes.
  • Assume that the gear of your opponents are made out of pure platinum and thus cannot be controlled via metalbending. You can still control/manipulate you and your team's own gear though.
  • Teamwork is a factor (i.e. Amon and Mako wouldn't willingly work together)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/avatar-pyp-tournament-2019-full-2005929/#124

Voting Rules

• Only the two participants are allowed to debate
  • If you want to be tagged to vote at the end, say "T4V"
  • Vote for whoever was the best debater, or who convinced you more, not for which team you think would win
  • Make sure to provide reasoning for your vote
  • Votes based on obvious character bias will not be counted
  • Be respectful, honourable, and civil

Battlefield

The fight will take place in this area of Zaofu. Starting distance is 30 feet.

No Caption Provided

Best of luck!

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Wrathofthebrad

@deathhero61

I could make my opener in a few days, so should i start or would you be earlier finished?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathHero61

@geekryan: sorry I thought I would have been able to do this, but I have other tournaments as well. I'm just gonna have to forfeit. Move Wrath along.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Well even Wrath isn't answering lol. So it would depend on him.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

TBH he's probably going to get replaced too just judging by this thread. You might want to start contacting dem reserves.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@geekryan said:

TBH he's probably going to get replaced too just judging by this thread. You might want to start contacting dem reserves.

Gilgamesh said he would be down.

I'm going to give @wrathofthebrad until tomorrow to respond

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This match will just be discounted

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Hmmm, there must be rly some kind of curse over this tournament. I would rly like to go up against anthp2000 but i would guess you're tired of me idiot, right(well i will anyways probably make respect threads for all my characters now XD)?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

@geekryan: If you're having troubles with the tournament participants I'm free to get in and try to save it. This match or any other.

Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this not happening?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Both of the participants in this match gave up/didnt answer.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: If I give you another chance and have you face ANTHP, could you get your post up by today and guarantee that your next posts will be made within the time limit of 14 days?

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

@itachus17: If I give you another chance and have you face ANTHP, could you get your post up by today and guarantee that your next posts will be made within the time limit of 14 days?

Well i would need to change my strategy but i've still the most other parts i need, so yeah i could. But looking at anthp2000's team +perks might there be a different problem with me starting, he has choose battlefield + 1 hour of prep + three earth/metalbenders so i'm not sure if i could even make the first post properly.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Awesome. I’ll change the thread shortly

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: I can do it.

Thread has been edited.

Can you post your choice of battlefield?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anthp2000  Moderator

Great! I'll try to post today or tomorrow.

@geekryan said:
@anthp2000 said:

Thread has been edited.

Location is this part of Zaofu.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great! I'll try to post today or tomorrow.

@geekryan said:
@anthp2000 said:

Thread has been edited.

Location is this part of Zaofu.

Cool but wait should i start now or not, cause in that case would i need to know if you want to do something specific with your prep?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator

@itachus17: Prepare your general introduction and arguments as to why your team would win and then leave a section open to counter what I'm gonna do with prep (basically just affect the environment, bring in more metal, build earth constructs etc.).

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Prepare your general introduction and arguments as to why your team would win and then leave a section open to counter what I'm gonna do with prep (basically just affect the environment, bring in more metal, build earth constructs etc.).

Hmmm, mkay but that seems a bit weird cause i can't rly formulate a strategy without knowing what my team is even seeing in that area.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Smh then wait for me to post lol.

Well ok, it would be also enough to tell me about the area(if you already know exactly what you want to do) though.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 anthp2000  Moderator

I have this prioritized due to the circumstances, I'll likely post within the next 15+ hours, I just need to get back from Latin today and rewatch some of Book 3/4 of LoK.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator

@geekryan: Question, the 2 Dai Li agents are your average ones or the ones Azula handpicked for the eclipse?

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Question, the 2 Dai Li agents are your average ones or the ones Azula handpicked for the eclipse?

I can answer that, cause i already asked in the last thread. All perk-allies are composite aka best showings(and i'm definitively not using the jokes from TLOK XD).

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Ohh tav

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anthp2000  Moderator

@itachus17: Smh those are like Wei and Wing level alone.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Itachus17

@anthp2000 said:

@itachus17: Smh those are like Wei and Wing level alone.

Ah come on, we're still in Zaofu and you have prep (the Dai Li are good but still no metalbenders :).

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Hence why they are worth 8 points lol

But yeah, they cant metalbend, you’re in Zaofu, and you have prep too.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cadf799d578c
deactivated-5cadf799d578c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthp repping anime? T4v

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthp repping anime?

No Caption Provided

Calling Avatar an anime might be not the best idea bro, just saying ;).

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anthp2000  Moderator

@geekryan

Alright, I'll try to keep this as small and feats-limited as possible. Been a damn while since I've debated Avatar!

Suyin Beifong

"You got it out of your system?"

Intro

Suyin was born to Toph Beifong and an unknown man in 126 AG, and was rasied as Lin's half sister in Republic City. Due to Toph's dedication to her occupation as Chief of Police, Suyin and Lin had a difficult childhood, and Su had made some questionable decisions regarding her social life, until one day she was arrested and forced to leave the city so her mother's title wouldn't be put inside a major scandal. She travelled the world, discovered herself and her passions, joined a group of sandbenders and even a worldwide circus. Realising that all she needed was a family, she decided to build a city where people would be safe, freely advance technologically, mentally and spiritually. That is when she met her husband, Baatar, with whom she had 4 children, Huan, Opal, Wei and Wing. They also adopted Kuvira, and raised her in the city they named Zaofu, a city designed by them and built solely of metal. Zaofu grew into one of the most secure places on the planet, with Suyin as its founder and leader.

Earthbending

Suyin was trained by her mother, the legendary Toph Beifong, at a young age to become highily skilled in the traditional art of earthbending and in the use of advanced techniques, like Seismic Sense. She doesn't possess much raw power with this compared to the most elite masters and grandmasters we've seen like her mother or King Bumi, but she is good eonugh to aid her metalbending is very efficient ways.

Book 3: Enter the Void, Book 3: Old Wounds, Book 4: Operation Beifong

Suyin can obviously use basic offensive techniques pucking a solid punch behind them.

• Scans 1 & 2: Su instantly summons boulders twice the size of a human to attack P'Li and Lin respectively, her clever use of monmentum in the first one is important, executing a full spin-kick to add force to the projection of the attack.
  • Scan 3: Su somersaults at great speeds and launches a giant boulder her sister has raised off of the ground to attack the Earth Empire, then raises another one of the same size to stonewall the Troops' attacks and retaliate with it.
Book 3: The Terror Within

A particularly important part of any high level earthbender's skillset is environmental control with the use of environmental attacks, basically indirect attempts that can come from below or behind the opponent's line of sight and catch them off-guard. Now, I'm not gonna lie, Azula can certainly deal with those based on her showings of speed and situational awareness, meaning she might not take any real damage from say, a pillar beneath her feet, but they're still enough to mess her up and throw her off balance, and they fit into a metalbender's powerset perfectly, as Su can use her quick and precise weaponry to tag Azula, something I'll get to in a minute.

Metalbending

Unlike many benders in both Aang and Korra's era, Suyin's preferred choice of bending is the sub-element of earth, known as metalbending, invented and further advanced by Toph and her daughters. Metalbending is one of the most unique and versatile types of bending in the Avatarverse, offering both solid defence as well as unpredictably diverse offence.

For starters, Su is an incredibly powerful metalbender, on par with the best in regards to both scale and potency behind her attacks;

Book 3: Old Wounds

Suyin fought her sister in this very location in Zaofu, and she demonstrated exceptional raw power, picking up and throwing 3 large metal sheets at extreme speeds to attack Lin. We'll get to how dense and durable these sheets are later, but for now I want to note that Suyin did this seemingly without much effort and while she's holding back not to seriously harm her weakened sister, whom she did not actually want to fight.

Book 4: Operation Beifong, Book 3: Old Wounds

This shows consistency with Suyin's powerful offence and defence;

• Scan 1: Suyin sends a large, filled metalic cart on Kuvira's way, forcing her several feet back and struggling to lift it and throw it away. The cart probably weights a few tons.
  • Scan 2: Su dismantles a part of the wall in Zaofu, dispatching and moving an entire tree in the process, to stonewall Lin's attack, which shatters in condact and then slap her with it, sending her flying several yards away crushing into a nearby stone-made staircase.

As for sheer potency behind Suyin's metalbending;

when Lin furiously sent one of Huan's large metal structures on her way, Su got it on her grip and redirected it back on the nearby wall, causing significant damage on the outter surface of hard steel, shattering part of it to pieces. It's clear Suyin packs very formidable force behind her attempts, and like all else, this was performed rather casually.

Of course there's more than raw power, esspecially regarding a style of bending as versatile as metalbending. Suyin is fully armed and equipped with the weapons of an elite metalbending master, which she can abuse in combat to a great effect.

• Armor: Suyin's upper body is covered in body armor capable of withstanding good force; Kuvira's small metal strips would bounce right off of it - that was an improvised armor, logically weaker - and when Su used it to kill P'Li, it proved durable enough to encase her combustionbending and blow her up.
  • Blade: Suyin has a concealed blade within her bracelets, which she can use for stabbing, slashing and/or cutting down opponents, we saw her briefly using it as a teenager, cutting down Lin's cable and scarring her for life.
  • Cables: Suyin is great in utilising the signature metalbending cables at range, with which she can restrain opponents - if she manages to get ahold of Azula with those, it's over. She's shown she's highily precise with them, tiying up Zhu Li's body while she was lying on her bed, meaning there were barely any inches to use as an opening between her body and the bed itself for Su to get the cables through. Rather pinpoint accuracy and solid control, curving them to restrain.
  • Miniature Projectiles: this one is particularly interesting because it's a skill, probably improvised, that only Su herself has shown she can use. She used the small blades on her uniform (necklace and bracelets) to launch tiny projectiles in Zaheer's direction, and then practically ricochets them in mid-air to hit him from behind and take out his glider (of course it's YTV so she wouldn't just stab Zaheer himself there) to drop him. This could very well catch Azula off-guard, esspecially when combined with environmental attacks and other high speed projectiles (cables and metal strips).
Book 4: Operation Beifong

In addition, she can use high speed metal strips that basically stick on the target and restrain them, control their movements and the likes, just like how Kuvira used them against Korra outside of Zaofu. Suying managed to press Kuvira with this type of offence for a good while, and proved she can create them on the spot from any metalic surface and spam them. She's also pretty accurate, here she tags an Empire Soldiers on the mouth - keep in mind Suyin's position inside the bushes, directly sideways from the soldier and during nightime, while he was walking around. It's a pretty good showing of pinpoint accuracy against a moving target.

Lastly, this part of Zaofu is filled with meteorites that can be bent and potentially used for offence and defence respectively. Suyin handpicked them to teach Korra the basics of metalbending, and has used them to aid her environmental control in battle as well, which I'll get to below.

Evasion, Speed & Agility

Su was part of a travelling circus for a while in her teenage years, and her slim physique allows for acrobatic ability, balance and body control that very few people in Korra's era have demonstrated. She rivals or even surpasses Azula in this category, which is also why her fighting style is so fluid and precise.

Keeping herself on the defensive due to her mindset against Lin, Su was forced to dodge a lot of her incoming attempts, demonstrating exceptional physical ability;

• Scan 1: Su catwheels away from a large earth wave launched by Lin, lands on her feet perfectly waiting for the next attempt and dodges that too.
  • Scan 2: Lin threw a massive baragge of tiny rock projectiles at Su, the latter catwheels from side to side while using earthbending to deflect some projectiles and remain completely untouched during the entire double attack - Lin's attack here had a combination of fire rate and sheer volume higher than anything Azula can throw in Suyin's way.
  • Scan 3: Su keeps dodging Lin's attacks, this time even more impressively as the attacks themselves are environmental, coming out of the ground.
Book 3: Enter The Void
Book 3: Enter The Void

Suyin's evasive abilities were put to test when she fought P'Li and had to evade extremely large explosions with great destructive capacity and radius from the viciously precise combustion bender of the Red Lotus. P'Li is definitely no slouch with her targets, which I can elaborate on if needed, and Suyin outpaces her aim while timing her combustion blasts and keeping herself out of the radius of the explosion through strong leaps and somersaults and balancing on wildly shaped rock formations. Azula would have a very tough time landing a fire blast on Su - while she can match the raw power of P'Li at times, she cannot do it as consistently as a combustion bender, some of her attacks are bound to be far less effective than this.

Against Kuvira, Suyin proved an exceptionally graceful, precise, tactical, powerful and fierce bender all at once. It's very important to note that she showed the combined ability to evade and attack while covering an insane amount of ground simultaneously.

• Scan 1: Su initiated the fight by somersaulting about 50 ft. off the ground while prepping a shot against Kuvira.
  • Scan 2: In the last phase of the fight, Suyin abuses her superior agility to completely outpace Kuvira and momentarily shows some hand to hand skill (nothing on Azula's level granted). Keep in mind that Kuvira can more than keep up with Korra and match her speeds. If we scale the characters between A:TLA and A: LoK, Suyin is one of the very few benders on Azula's tier of combat and bending speed, so keeping up with her won't be a problem here.
  • Scan 3: Su is attacked by Kuvira, who's spamming her metal stips in her way, grabs a large piece of metal and spins it at extreme speeds to deflect each and every projectile then uses it to armor herself almost head to toe. She properls herself using metalbending all the while attacking Kuvira with her own self-built metal strips and dodging as well as deflecting back the opposing ones.

Overall, I want to note that while Suyin did end up losing, specifically because Kuvira drew weapons she didn't have at the moment (cables, ready metal strips, blade), I think she came off looking better exactly because she did an extremely good job, improvising and using self-made weapons to match Kuvira's full standard arsenal, creating metal strips, blades and armors out of simple metalic pieces all around and did so while pressing Kuvira equally well and even outpacing and outreacting her. If she was armed with her blade that hit/takedown she landed would be fatal, and if she was already armored and equipped with all her ranged weapons, she'd be able to counter Kuvira's own ranged options more effectively.

Wei & Wing

"We can't let Opal be the coolest!"

Intro

Wei and Wing are the twin sons of Suyin and Baatar, and the grandchildren of Toph Beifong. They grew up in Zaofu and trained in earth and metalbending by their mother. They are rather prodigious benders, and they grew to even invent their very own game, which they named "Power Disk", a game of metalbending, atheltic prowess, speed and precision. They are not too experienced as fighters, but their training has allowed them to stand their ground against forces that have invaded Zaofu before, like the Earth Empire, and even aid their family in battle against the Colossus and the Red Lotus. So while they have no buisness messing with Azula, they can help their mother during prep time, as well as take care of the lower tier benders here.

General Combat Feats

Wei and Wing were tought well. As twins, they're practically thinking with one mind, they're very coordinated in battle, and make the best of their raw power and speed by combining it into massive attempts, similar to how Desna and Eska did. Even though they're not quite as powerful as the Dai Li in traditional earthbending, they can hold their own. Metalbending is also where Wei and Wing shine, much like the rest of the family. In terms of combat, they're trained in the Zaofu style of metalbending, therefore particularly skilled in using meteorites and relying more on maneuverability, which is fitting given they are very athletic, and they're in their prime physically.

Wei and Wing first sparred with Korra and Bolin when the 2 earthbenders of Team Avatar were trying to figure out metalbending. The twins proved themselves very solid benders.

Wei initially dominated Korra through his skill in the use of cables. After launching a couple of meteorites on her, he completely outpaces her attempt and takes control of it to redirect it back at her and restrain her. This is while Wing was "tutoring" Bolin on how to achieve metalbending, smashing 2 large metal sheets on him effortlessly.

And against Kuvira's army, their combined efforts helped them demolish several of the Earth Empire soldiers, using decently powerful high speed attacks and raising a giant boulder of the ground to deal great damage to the opposing defences.

Later, after Suyin got BFR'd by Kuvira, Wei came to her aid and treated 4 soldiers like canon fodder, sending them flying using environmental attacks at close range, then propelling alongside his mother towards Lin and Wing. Also worth noting that Wing can throw his cables precisely enough to tie up Wei's own cable.

Lastly, both Suyin and the twins are skilled in a technique that allows them to tunnel underground and spring up in nearby locations. This can prove effective against the Dai Li, the Firebenders, Kai or the Boulder when it comes to catching them off guard and taking them down 1 by 1. If it comes to it, it can help with surrounding Azula and spamming her with attacks from all sides, making it impossible to counter.

Prep Time in Zaofu

First off, I wanna go by the fact that this location is a huge advantage for my team. Su and her sons are primary metalbenders who use earthbending to aid their offence, mobility and versatality - this location has both plenty of solid ground and a lot of high quality metal to be used. Just on first look, they have access to 7 metal sheets, each of them durable enough to no-sell combustion blasts from P'Li, lava attacks from Ghazan and small water blasts from Ming Hua - the sheets allow them to completely stonewall attacks from master benders more or less on Azula's tier of destructive output, on top of providing a practically unlimited source for Suyin's metal strips, alongside the rest of the metal walls and structures.

Additionally, the meteorites all around the place offer even more offensive capabilities, and while they wouldn't be too much trouble for your team on their own, do count in every other tool my team has (metal sheets, the ground itself beneath your team's feet, their concealed weaponry), and you have a terrifying unpredictable combination. Above, we see Su using what's only a hint of it to attack Lin, using an earth wave from the ground that bends the metal sheets beneath her to throw her off and then a nearby meteorite to tag her in mid air and throw her right onto another one - she's basically playing pinball with Lin.

As for the prep time itself, I chose this part of Zaofu for the battle because of the rules stating there needs to be a sufficient water source nearby (granted there aren't any waterbenders in this match, but still), however, Su and her sons can still bring in more metal sheets from around the city during that 1 hour before the battle, as well as build earth constructs for defence and cover, which your team won't be able to bring down in time during the fight. I mean, this is what these 3 did in 5 seconds;

Imagine the scale which they can pull off in several minutes. And the density/strength of these stonewalls is going to be impressive too, given that the team (with Lin's help) could insantly create a massive earth wave that threw Kuvira's insanely large, probably weighting several hundreds of tons, off balance and misdirected the weapon's aim to save Opal and Zhu Li. Now, given Lin assissted them, and I'd wager she's more powerful than her sister, I doubt the latter and the twins would pull this off on their own - however, again note that this was performed instantly, and here they have several minutes to raise those constructs.

Lastly, the fam can come up with a general plan of attack during that time, position themselves for the best, come up with ways to abuse the environment and their coordination as well as possible to quickly take down your team. For instance, they can try to encase Azula and co. using a barrage of metal sheets like they did when the Red Lotus infiltrated Zaofu. I don't think even Azula or the Dai Li have a counter to this, a feat my team accomplished in moments with simple gestures. Either way, it's important to note that they'll be smart with this prep time, don't forget that Suyin was the one who came up with the gameplan on how to attack the Red Lotus in Laghimma's Peak and save both Korra and the Airbenders before anyone else, included smart and experienced tacticians like Lin, Mako and Asami.

Initial Thoughts

With prep time and such a great home advantage, my team can end this really quick. They can simply restrain or encase your team in metal sheets while safely positioned tactically around the battlefield, possibly with stonewalls offering pre-existing defence. If that somehow goes to hell, I don't even see your team winning in a straight up fight. With this much metal around, Wei and Wing could outmaneuver and overpower your Dai Li Agents, whereas Suyin should be able to edge out Azula. While under normal conditions, Azula is an opponent above her paygrade, Su has the advantages in raw power, an extremely clear versatality edge, with moves that can knock her opponents off her feet and tag her immediately with lethal (directly or indirectly) options (metal strips, blades, cables) and more than enough speed/mobility to go toe to toe with her. At the end of the day, Kai, the Boulder and your firebenders won't be adding much to anything here, as they're not fast enough to compete with such a diverse and well equipped team.

Beifongs FTW, @itachus17 you're up m8!

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat, tag after each post.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Cool, i will put the first parts of my start post now together and fill in the rest later(but a little warning, i'm a fan of pretty big start posts as core ;).

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Itachus17

Azula

No Caption Provided

"My own mother thought i was a monster."

Introduction:

Azula was born as second child into the Royal Family of the Fire Nation in the year 85 AG and was apparently destined to become the most talented firebender of all time due to the combination of the bloodlines from Firelord Sozin(through her father Ozai) and Avatar Roku(through her mother Ursa), her brother Zuko and herself grew up in an enviroment that can only get described as toxic but at the same time also enjoyed education, training and wealth on the highest lvl. Azula was a born prodigy at firebending and was not just able to generate lightning at a young age but also invented the unique ability to create hotter blue flames, of which she is still the only known user. Her first bigger adventure started with the mission of bringing her uncle and brother back to the palace(who got branded as traitor and failure after failing to catch the current Avatar) during the end-phase of the Hundred Year War, at the young age of 14. That eventually lead to Azula and her two friends Mai and Ty Lee becoming a kind of independed special forces team(also known as Ozai's Angels) that followed different tasks, like capturing the Avatar, conquering the Earth Kingdom, etc... Which pretty much turned Azula into the main villain of the first series(Ozai was quite fittingly more like the Emporer in SW, the menancing presence in the backround), literally lead her to insanity(but she regained her sanity later on) and gave her an abundance of titles, namingly: Crown princess of the Fire Nation, Leader of Ozai's Angels(with unknown military status but apparently pretty high), Earth Queen(the first and only Earth King/Queen not born in the Earth Kingdom), Leader of the Dai Li(secret military police), (uncrowned)Firelord and leader of the Kemurikage(terror group).

Personality:

Azula can be best described as a highly fuctional sociopath, which means she will not hestitate to kill or use literally anything possible to win this fight.

A very good example for that is a kinda traumatic moment of my childhood XD(the first time i watched ATLA):

No Caption Provided

Aang was finally going into the unlocked Avatar-State, just to get killed by Azula with a lightning bolt into his back. That would have even literally ended the whole Avatar-Circle(rebirth-circle of the Avatar powers), if Katara wouldn't have revived Aang with special water from a Spirit Oasis (he was even then still for weeks in a coma and crippled after that, so yeah Azula would obviously kill her opponents):

No Caption Provided

She also threatened her friend Ty Lee to do what she wishes, by putting her into a life-threatening situation(and even released all dangerous animals of the circus into the tent after that):

No Caption Provided

Was 100% willing to just kill Mai, cause she helped Zuko and Co. to survive and flee

Implied that she tortured Suki and was ready to kill Sokka(quotes from IMDB):

Azula: So, Sokka's your name, right? My favorite prisoner used to mention you all the time. She was convinced you were going to come rescue her. Of course, you never came, and she gave up on you.

[Sokka yells, turns, and charges Azula]

Azula: [softly to herself] Come and get it.

[Azula secretly readies a throwing star

Was very clear about her intentions for Zuko later on:

No Caption Provided

And of course shot in the finale heavily charged up + Comet-amped lightning at Katara(which Zuko partly redirected), there would be more but that should be enough in this regard.

But Azula isn't just ruthless, she's also cunning, psychologically talented(barring dating maybe XD), pracmatic and persistent. Which allowed her to see through tricks from the Gaang, but also to infiltrate Ba Sing Se, play Long Feng(former leader of the Dai Li) like a fiddle, to become the leader of the Dai Li, to overthrow the Earth Kingdom and become the probably youngest Earth Queen of all time:

No Caption Provided

Played mind games with the likes of Sokka and especially Zuko:

Azula: Please Zuko, what ulterior motive could I have? What could I possibly gain by letting you get all the glory for defeating the Avatar? Unless, somehow, the Avatar was actually alive. All that glory would suddenly turn to shame and foolishness. But, you said yourself, that was impossible. Sleep well, Zu-Zu.

Recognized a childhood injury of a opposing volleyball player by shortly watching her and build ad hoc a strategy around that weakness.

Played around with Aang, Toph and Sokka (Azula had no bending and just 2 Dai Li, but Azula was still by far the biggest problem there) to buy time for Ozai(partly the quote about Suki again:

Aang: I'm ready. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord.

[Opens the door and finds Azula sitting on the throne]

Azula: So, you are alive after all. I had a hunch that you survived. But it doesn't matter. I've known about the invasion for months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sokka: Wait! Aang, Toph, stop attacking. Don't you see what she's doing? She's just playing with us. She's not even trying to win this fight.

Azula: Not true. I'm giving it my all.

Toph: You're trying to keep us here and waste all our time.

Azula: Um, right. I think your friend just said that, genius. And since you can't see, I should tell you, I'm rolling my eyes.

Toph: I'll roll your whole *head*!

Sokka: She's just baiting you again.

Aang: Okay, so what do we do, just ignore her?

Sokka: We don't have a choice. We just have to get out of here and find the Fire Lord on our own somehow.

Azula: It's a trap. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Sokka: Ignore!

Azula: So, Sokka's your name, right? My favorite prisoner used to mention you all the time. She was convinced you were going to come rescue her. Of course, you never came, and she gave up on you.

[Sokka yells, turns, and charges Azula]

Is Pragmatic(XD):

No Caption Provided

Besides the fact that Azula was pretty much always ready to kill and use everything during the whole series, barring some rare jobbing moments.

Or to describe her in short: Azula is one of the few characters from Avatar, who could be a player in the Game of Thrones(hell even her surprisingly young age would fit very well with the books).

Physicals:

Speed/Agility/Countering

Azula is without a doubt one of the most agile/quickest benders in the whole Avatarverse, also one of the few non-airbenders who can definitively keep up with airbending masters.

As very memorable shown during the black sun for example, as Azula was straight up bendingless and played around with Aang to buy time for her father Firelord Ozai by only using her physical agility:

Aang is arguably the quickest bender(with his airbending, which he used) of the whole Avatarverse, so if he literally says this:

I can't beat her down, she's too quick!

About a strongly nerfed/bendingless Azula, then it rly means a lot.

And Azula showed in countless other situations as well how incredibly agile and fast she is. Like as she leaped several metres through the air(while attacking Aang + Katara), simply used Toph's ground attacks as a kinda trampoline and dodged Zuko's gigantic comet-fireblast:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

or as she danced around the boulder rain, dodged Aang's thrown boulder right afterwards and casually dodged Katara's icicles

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And can't just dodge but also counter. In a physical way like as she disarmed Suki, jumped on Zuko and kicked Mai to the ground:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

or with bending. Like as she destroyed Aang's earthshield + knocked him out and used Zuko's blast to open her chain + literally broke into a building:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strength

Even though Azula rarely used physical strength without fire amps, she's surprisingly strong. Like shown as she just divided Aang's airblast with bare hands, kicked fast thrown rocks away and kicked herself out of Katara's ice:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Durability

Thanks to her agility got Azula rarely hit but the few times it happened, she got hit hard and showed great durability. Like as she tanked a huge shockwave from Aang that sended her over the gigantic drill, a point blank explosion generated by her's and Zuko's firefists clashing and as she took Zuko's comet-amped fire breakdancer move as Azula was already exhausted(+insane):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

H2h

Azula is one of the best h2h fighters among all benders, as shown in her first encounter with Zuko(where he used bending + fire blades to attack her):

or much later in a fire blade duel with firelord Zuko:

No Caption Provided

And Zuko is actually a great sword fighter:

But an even better example is that Azula clowned Suki and Ty Lee, in a for herself disadvantogous situation while holding back:

No Caption Provided

Ty Lee is one the best non-benders/h2h fighters in the Avatarverse and Suki at least shortly matched her after her prison training(and the older versions who got clowned by Azula had years of training together):

Firebending:

Blue Flames

Azula uses unique blue flames, which are able to produce more heat than usual orange flames.

But Azula should obviously still be able to use usual orange flames, like she did as kid:

No Caption Provided

or in the opening:

No Caption Provided

Here also some quotes from the avatar Extras about Azula's blue flames:

Recap: Azula is the only firebender to shoot blue flames.

... it's because her fire burns hotter than most.

Fact: Azula's blue firebending actually turns orange as it cools.

And here a good example for the last quote:

No Caption Provided

Control

But Azula has in general impressive fire control, like shown as she heated or torched objects and turned orange flames blue:

in a very impressive performance as little child(with orange flames at that time), as she literally cut through brick buildings and as she created some kind of fire circular saw:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Offense
Offense

Offense

Azula has not just especially hot fire and a lot of control over it but also pretty damn high potency. Like shown as she was able to knock out Zuko with a small basic fireblast:

No Caption Provided

a highly impressive feat, considering that Zuko an absolute tank is:

or as she blasted through thick trees/earth shields, destroyed a metal chain and crumbled a huge stone plattform with a big explosive blast:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Scale

Besides high potency has Azula also a good amount of scale to tag her opponents, like shown with a firewave against Aang, a huge fire to stop Aang from flying away and in a casual clash with Firelord Zuko:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Speed/Range

Last but not least high attack speed and range. Like shown as she shot a fireblast before Zuko could properly react:

No Caption Provided

And Zuko had actually pretty good reactions:

also shown with her having an almost double as high fire rate than Firelord Zuko:

No Caption Provided

which is definitively quite impressive considering how fast even pre-dragon Zuko(well below Firelord Zuko) already was:

and a good example for Azula's range is as shot a fireblast after the pretty fast flying Appa:

No Caption Provided

Defense

Fire has some unusual effects in the Avatarverse, which allows Azula to have pretty impressive defenses. Like a sphere-like fireshield that deflected all four elements at once:

No Caption Provided

as well as Sokka's metalic boomerang:

No Caption Provided

the ability to instantly vaporize a big water wave from Katara and to literally bitchslap post-dragon Zuko's fireblasts away(aka negate them):

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Mobility

Fire jets are a neat way to increase Azula's mobility even more, by increase jumps, going airbone or change directions mid air:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Azula is also the only one so far who uses them to literally surf on the ground and attack with them(in a pretty effective way):

No Caption Provided

CQC

Another useful ability of firebending is to increase physical strikes. Like already shown in the durability section with the clash of Azula's and Zuko's fire fists, as Azula attacked Zuko to get to their mother(which was also together with her paranoia the reason why she was so bad at hitting him) and especially effective as Azula pretty much nuked a volleyball field by kicking a volleyball:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Another option is to create fire blades(which work a bit like mini lightsabers as shown in the h2h section):

No Caption Provided

Lightning:

Besides firebending posseses Azula also the sub-skill of lightningbending. Like shown in the series as Iroh's redirection blasted a cliffside and as Azula blasted a big hole in the by far biggest earthshield Toph ever created

a drawback of that ability was the charging time(of at least 2 seconds). Which changed with the comics, where Azula gained a whole new lvl of control over lightning and instalightning without charge time. Like shown as she saw a delusion of her mother in a spiritual sea and in a river(where we also could see that the instalightning can pretty much generate the force of a bould thrown into the water, besides stun/electrical effects):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With charge time can generate Azula now special moves, like AOE lightning with streaks into several directions(she wasn't serious there btw.):

No Caption Provided

Control

Now let's come to the already mentioned control. She can generate painful little zapps to punish(or like in this case disarm) her opponents and go up to charge a lightning sphere/ball lightning bigger than herself:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

As well as being able to create a little sphere at her fingertips and stop it:

No Caption Provided

and lightning redirected(where she redirected Firelord Zuko's redirection back):

No Caption Provided

Misc:

Azula has also many other helpful abilities/feats for combat in general. Like high precision as shown with her precisly destroying Aang's glider, hitting Iroh's heart and blasting through Katara's water shield:

Disabling her arms is not gonna stop her and wouldn't hold for long anyways:

and she has quite a lot experience with fighting more than one person/being in handycap matches:

Dai Li

No Caption Provided

"She's terrifying and inspirationalat the same time."

Introduction:

The Dai Li were originally founded by Avatar Kyoshi to protect the Earth Kingdom as a secret police force but grew corrupt over time, which lead to the point that their leader Grand Secretariat Long Feng effectively ruled Ba Sing Se(capital of the Earth Kingdom) during the end-phase of the Hundred Year War. This however changed as Ozai's Angels sneaked into the city and Azula played Long Feng, the Dai Li betrayed Long Feng to follow Azula and become part of the Fire Nation(+ Azula's personal army-force). Not being able to break their curse were the Dai Li decades later during the timeline of the new Avatar Korra controlled by the Earth Queen Hou-Ting and still corrupt.

Physicals:

Well not much to say, except that the composite Dai Li are pretty agile(especially in combo with their earthbending/wallrunning) and can take a hit(he wasn't out after Foph's attacks, she just trapped him):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Earthbending:

The composite Dai Li have a whole back of tricks in their earthbending arsenal. Like their iconic stonehands, that are perfect to restrict opponents and already worked on Zuko, Katara, Sokka and Toph:

or thrown objects/fast thrown projectiles:

as well as general earthbending moves like shields(in this case blocking Mako's fireblast) and bigger earth constructs but usually in combo with wall running and/or stone hands:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Control

The composite Dai Li also showed a very solid lvl of earthbending control. Like shown as a Dai Li trapped Kai with earth(after casually dodging an almost point blank airblast), as a small group of Dai Li surfed the great wall of Ba Sing Se down and especially as the same group brought a gigantic part of the wall down in no time:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Teamwork:

Azula wasn't just the actual leader of the Dai Li(explicitly chosen by them and like the quote says even inspired by her) but has also already shown great teamwork with them, especially the both hand picked Dai Li that supported Azula duting the black sun(which negated Azula's bending). They freed her from an earth trap shielded her from Aang's airblast and manipulated the area while closely following her:

As well as used their agility(+ wall running) to shield her again and manipulated the area in a way to support her own agility::

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kai

No Caption Provided

"Come on. Let's have some fun."

Introduction:

Kai was a young thief who was one of the non-benders that started to develop airbending after Harmonic Convergence(an even that happens all ten-thousand years due to a rare planetary alignment that happens in the spirit world) and kinda joining the new air nation, which was actually just an excuse to get away from the authorities(that were hunting him for his crimes). However after going on a thiefing-tour through Ba Sing Se got he captured by the Dai Li and forced to a harsh training(with the target of becoming part of a secret airbender-force for Earth Queen Hou-Ting), he excelled but refused to become as brutal as he should be and got together with the other (new) airbenders freed by Team Avatar+ extras. He finally joined the new air-nation and became an important part of them.

Physicals:

Kai is pretty agile, even without bending. Like shown in his encoun with P'Li, where he dodged her blasts:

or as Mako was chasing him:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He has not too many durability feats, but took a water attack without much trouble:

No Caption Provided

Airbending:

Offense

His airbending offense is quite impressive even before the timeskip. Like shown as he pushed Mako and Bolin out of a train, threw a bandit away and took the one TLOK Dai Li with decent feats out:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

While he after the timeskip easily toppled a car + passenger:

No Caption Provided

Defense

Not much in that regard but he showed at least defenses against fire blasts:

No Caption Provided

Mobility

Kai's mobility is like typical for airbenders pretty good. Like shown as he dodged P'Li while flying:

Amped his jumped, was flying with Opal and easily outspeeded a car:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Boulder

No Caption Provided

"The Boulder is over his conflicted feelings."

Introduction:

No Caption Provided

No kidding, that's basically who he is only with the Rock additionaly being a pretty solid earthbender and having actual superhuman characteristics. The Boulder was the second best fighter of the Earth Rumble after Toph and well known for delivering a great show(in a very similar way the wrestling-personality of the Rock did in our real world, which is obviously who he was based on), despite is surprisingly efficient use of earthbending most of the time.

Physicals:

The Booulder hasn't a whole lot of physical feats(due to him only appearing in a single ep) but he showed pretty impressive strength as a bashed another Earth Rumble fighter out of the ring with a stone ring and pretty solid durability as he got smashed out of the ring into the tribune by Toph(it gave him a headache but he was still able to analyze the following fight(as shown later on):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Earthbending:

Despite his emphazis on a good show has the Boulder a very efficient and direct style of earthbending, like shown as he took the rest of the Earth Rumble for the most part effortlesly out:

he also showed pretty solid earthbending control. Like shown as he lifted the up with earth, trapped another fighter with a ground technique and build himself an earth tower:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Fire Nation Soldiers

No Caption Provided

"And then everything changed as the Fire Nation attacked."

Introduction:

The army of the fire nation is comprised of non-benders who use various weapons and firebenders, they were the most powerful military force during the Hundred Year War with countless advanced vehicles and machines(like tundra tank, warships, artillery, war balloons airships and more). The follow a harsh training, often wear a quite effective light armor and the firebenders among them use all kinds of basic and a few more advanced firebending techniques.

Physicals:

Composite FN soldier have at least in combo with their armor solid durability. Like shown as a soldier got smashed into a by Aang and extremely fast recovered(like we saw as he warned the rest) and as a group of soldiers tanked Avatar Roku's AOE fireblast that melted metal chains:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Firebending:

The composite FN soldiers have pretty decent scale with their firebending, as well as solid range and precise and are precise and fast enough to slightly tag a casual Aang(still impressive):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Other

The composite FN soldiers also have a bit basic firebending control and basic shields. Like shown as one soldier manipulated a flame and a group deflected coal(thrown at them by an earthbender:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Counters

Just on first look, they have access to 7 metal sheets, each of them durable enough to no-sell combustion blasts from P'Li, lava attacks from Ghazan and small water blasts from Ming Hua - the sheets allow them to completely stonewall attacks from master benders more or less on Azula's tier of destructive output

While that's impressive, Azula has exactly like Zuko(who at best matched Azula's fire after his dragon-training but most likely still generates less heat) shown to instantly destroy metal chains with her attacks and even Kiyi their lttle sister was able to melt through a metal door with completely usual orange fire(literally in her first firebending move ever):

So it stands to reason that even usual fire can be more effective than the attacks of the RL(even P'Li's due to likely heat advantages), if used in the right way.

as well as build earth constructs for defence and cover, which your team won't be able to bring down in time during the fight. I mean, this is what these 3 did in 5 seconds;

Imagine the scale which they can pull off in several minutes. And the density/strength of these stonewalls is going to be impressive too, given that the team (with Lin's help) could insantly create a massive earth wave that threw Kuvira's insanely large, probably weighting several hundreds of tons, off balance and misdirected the weapon's aim to save Opal and Zhu Li. Now, given Lin assissted them, and I'd wager she's more powerful than her sister, I doubt the latter and the twins would pull this off on their own - however, again note that this was performed instantly, and here they have several minutes to raise those constructs.

There are two problems with this, first by completely castleing the area would your team drastically reduce its metalbending possibilities and second a small group of Dai Li brought down a gigantic part of the Wall of Ba Sing Se in no time(the Boulder also showed pretty decent earth manipulation on a relatively big scale):

There are two problems with this, first by completely castleing the area would your team drastically reduce its metalbending possibilities and second a small group of Dai Li brought down a gigantic part of the Wall of Ba Sing Se in no time(the Boulder also showed pretty decent earth manipulation on a relatively big scale):

For instance, they can try to encase Azula and co. using a barrage of metal sheets like they did when the Red Lotus infiltrated Zaofu. I don't think even Azula or the Dai Li have a counter to this, a feat my team accomplished in moments with simple gestures

There are several problems with that idea, for one my team wouldn't be remotely that close together and Azula, the Dai Li and Kai could pretty easily rush out of that before it gets closed.

With prep time and such a great home advantage, my team can end this really quick. They can simply restrain or encase your team in metal sheets while safely positioned tactically around the battlefield

Trying to do that with a team of just three people against seven people with various different attack/defense/mobility options sounds not like the best plan, especially not considering that my team would spread out and the majority of them are the exact opposite of sitting ducks.

possibly with stonewalls offering pre-existing defence.

Which are still pretty easily coundered by the Dai Li and the Boulder.

If that somehow goes to hell, I don't even see your team winning in a straight up fight. With this much metal around, Wei and Wing could outmaneuver and overpower your Dai Li Agents, whereas Suyin should be able to edge out Azula.

Just besides the problem that Azula + the both Dai Li would be the core team would i be very interessted to hear how Wing and Wei should outmaneuver my Dai Li, if i don't miss some very crazy feats of the brothers would be the opposite more likely?

While under normal conditions, Azula is an opponent above her paygrade, Su has the advantages in raw power

About which kind of raw power are we talking here?

, an extremely clear versatality edge

I rly can't agree with that, Azula might lack restriction moves but her versatility is in general definitively superior to Su's. Let alone that Azula + the both Dai Li(who use countless restriction moves and were the closest comparision to TLOK metalbenders in the first series) would work closely together.

, with moves that can knock her opponents off her feet

I highly doubt she will have more luck than Toph, especially considering that Azula + the both Dai Li will work together:

and tag her immediately with lethal (directly or indirectly) options (metal strips, blades, cables) and more than enough speed/mobility to go toe to toe with her.

I don't see why Su should have suddenly more than enough speed(neither prep nor that area would give her an actual speed boost) and if i don't forgot Sue's durability feats should be even a basic blast of Azula already enough to take her(let alone Wing and Wei) out.

At the end of the day, Kai, the Boulder and your firebenders won't be adding much to anything here, as they're not fast enough to compete with such a diverse and well equipped team.

Not just are these four(let alone all seven) clearly more diverse with three(/four) elements but also is Kai straight up faster than Wing and Wei if i don't again miss some feats of them? Just besides the fact how valuable distractions/support are for a strong core team(Azula + both Dai Li) like mine.

Strategy

The main strategy of my team is based on a core team consisting of Azula and the both Dai Li who work as a kinda strike team, while Kai, the Boulder and the both Fire Nation Soldiers work as support/distractions. The Dai Li protect Azula, support her agility and restrict or also attacks the opponent(s), Azula is the damage dealer but would even work perfectly fine on her own and can attacks anyone of your team while being supported/prothected by the both Dai Li. The Boulder harasses your team(either Su or Wing and Wei) with earthbending(which they would need to counter), while Kai avoids them to wait for openings and the both FN soldiers work as distractions and simply attack from range.

Initial Thoughts

Even with home advantage would Su not be able to take on Azula + both Dai Li and to use your prep to create earth hindrances wouldn't be very effective against a team that includes 3 earthbenders(especially the Dai Li) and even negatively affect your own metalbending possibilities, while Wing and Wei would have a lot of trouble to deal fast enough with the rest of my team to help their mother(especially due to them being outnumbered, the Boulder's earthbending harassment and Kai's agility/mobility). The other way around would it be even worse, while Su would have theoretically an easier time to deal with the rest of the team is she even more outnumbered and Wing and Wei would stand not even the slightest chance against my core team. Your team simply stands before several problems: Being outnumbered, lacking the durability to take especially Azula's attacks, lacking the versatility to deal with a team that brings fire/air and lightning-against your metalbending(while my team can counter your earthbending quite well) and a lack of feats for handycap matches like that. Well and considering that the Boulder is definitively over his conflicted feelings :)

No Caption Provided

Comic_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V