Welcome to the Avatar PYP Tournament 2019!
This tournament is based on Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.
For this tournament, you will choose characters (13 points) and perks (15 points) to create a team and battle against other participants in a CaV-style debate.
The point values for the characters were agreed upon by myself and a few other Avatar/Tournament enthusiasts. Thank you to all those who contributed!
- 8 participants
- 3 posts each with a 14 day limit per post. You will be bumped after 7 days. Extensions may be allowed if you tell me and your opponent before the 14 day limit is over.
- You must have at least 500 posts or have completed a CaV/Tournament in order to participate.
- Victory by death, KO, or incap only. No BFR.
- Standard Gear
- Everyone is in character but determined to win
- All feats are allowed (shows and comics)
- Prep can only be used to strategize, plan, and affect the battlefield. No outside help is allowed.
- Everyone is in their most standard versions (i.e. Toph is as she appears in Season 3 of TLA, not an old lady like in LoK Season 4)
- Bloodbending is prohibited, but everything else goes.
- Assume that the gear of your opponents are made out of pure platinum and thus cannot be controlled via metalbending. You can still control/manipulate you and your team's own gear though.
- Teamwork is a factor (i.e. Amon and Mako wouldn't willingly work together)
- Once a character has been reserved/chosen, they cannot be taken by anyone else
- Leftover character points cannot be converted into perk points, and vice-versa
- If there is a character you want to add/use, feel free to suggest it with how much you think they are worth, and I will decide if it's acceptable or not.
- Every fight will take place in the Crystal Catacombs. Starting distance is 30 feet.
Characters (13 points)
The Big Bad Hippo
June Lightning Bolt Zolt
Bumi Kai Opal Admiral Zhao
Wei & Wing (2 for 1)
Bolin P'Li Ghazan
Desna & Eska (2 for 1)
Zaheer (with flight)
- Wan (Firebending only, no AS)
Toph Azula Tenzin
Avatar Korra(no AS except with perk) Avatar Aang(no AS except with perk)
Firelord Ozai(Sozin's Comet feats included, but must fight alone, i.e. no extra character points or fodder)
Perks (15 points)
*All prep takes place on the battlefield unless otherwise specified*
*For prep anywhere, your team will be teleported to 1 location of your choosing and back to the battlefield*
1 hour of prep (1)
1 hour of prep anywhere (3)
1 day of prep (5)
5 hours of prep anywhere (7)
Blue Spirit Swords (1)
Kyoshi Metal Fans (1)
Meteor Sword (2)
Air Glider (2)
Kyoshi Battle Armour (2)
Water Pouch (2)
1 Zaofu metal sheet (spawns next to you in battlefield) (3)
Electrified Glove (3)
Electrified Stun Batons (4)
2 Meteorites (5)
Electric-Resistant Equalist Armour (8)
Spiritual Projection (1) → for one character
Mind Link (2) → between characters and fodder
Decent Teamwork (3) → characters will willingly work together
Basic Knowledge (4) → names, titles, bending styles, skills, gear
Airbending Hypersensitivity/Danger Sense (4) → for one character
Perfect Teamwork (5)
Mind Link & Perfect Teamwork (6)
Choose Time of Day (6)
Seismic Sense (7) --> for one character
Morals Off (7)
- 2 Extra Character Points (8)
Full Knowledge (8) → all feats & background information
Lightning Redirection (8) → for one character
- Equalist-level H2H and chi blocking skills (9)
Full Moon (10)
- Choose Starting Distance (11) → between 10-100 feet
5 seconds of Avatar State (13) → only empowers your team's bending styles but can use Aang + Korra feats
I.e. Katara's waterbending will be empowered to Avatar State levels, allowing for the use of Aang & Korra's waterbending feats in Avatar State
Choose Battlefield (14) → any location in the Avatar world but must have some access to earth & water
Sozin's Comet (15)
10 seconds of Avatar State (15) → Only applicable to Aang & Korra
***Fodder characters can be chosen by multiple participants***
Cabbage Man & his cart of cabbages (1)
Baby Air Bison (3)
2 Fire Nation Soldiers (4)
3 Equalists (5) → no weapons
5 Southern Water Tribe Warriors w/ spears (6)
3 Kyoshi Warriors (7)
2 Dai Li Agents (8)
3 White Lotus Sentries (9) → one waterbender, one earthbender, one firebender
3 Republic City Metalbending Officers (10)
3 Zaofu Guards (10)
1 Mecha Tank with a pilot (10)