#1 Edited by geekryan (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar Korra (EoS, bloodlusted, Avatar State is allowed)

Korra has an airbender staff/glider and a water skin.

No Caption Provided

vs.

Storm (Earth-616, Morals On)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fight takes place at the Kyoshi Bridge in Republic City.

Can the Avatar defeat the Mistress of the Elements?

(I know this has been done, but the conditions of this fight are different. Sorry for the bad formatting, this is my 2nd time making a thread)

#2 Posted by cpt_nice (9283 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: This has been done

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/storm-vs-avatar-korra-1729319/

#3 Posted by geekryan (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@cpt_nice: I know, but the conditions of the fight are different.

#4 Posted by P00TY (4247 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm every day of the week

#5 Posted by MainJP (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm fries her dude.

#6 Posted by geekryan (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@p00ty: @mainjp: reasonings? and storm is morals on, so killing korra with a lightning bolt isn't appropriate

#7 Edited by P00TY (4247 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: Storms Lightning is morals on. She's used it on multiple people like Cyclops, Iceman, Havok, Magneto, random things. Her Lightning isn't always fatal. She can make it no fatal

#8 Posted by LordOfFate (1227 posts) - - Show Bio

Reason Storm wins

Storm is a planetary weather manipulating mutant who can hit stuff on the other side of the planet with lightning. She once caused the Earth's electromagnetic field to flare up because she was grieving over Wolverine's death. She once tapped into a gamma gun to create a global force-field to protect the planet from a solar flare.

#9 Posted by ANTHP2000 (8811 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm wins.

#10 Posted by Thordinson (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm destroys her.

#11 Edited by geekryan (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty unanymous in favor of Storm. Would it make a difference if it was Avatar Aang & Avatar Korra vs. Storm?

#12 Edited by ANTHP2000 (8811 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: Storm would be dead against the 2 of them.

Aang could potentially take her.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#13 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (633 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't even think bloodlust would change the outcome, earth is the only element that can for sure take her out but it would have to be a very fast attack. Now Aang added might be tougher if it's still bloodlust but honestly a good lightning bolt is all it takes to potentially take them both out while they would have to try numorous attacks until they got lucky with an earth projectile because even the avatar state isn't enough to overpower her.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#14 Posted by bowlt_swagg_320 (2062 posts) - - Show Bio

No reason why Storm should not stomp

#15 Edited by LordOfFate (1227 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 said:

@geekryan: Storm would be dead against the 2 of them.

Aang could potentially take her.

Unless I missed something Aang can't stop a real lightning bolts from the sky. Hell, he can't even react before he struck.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#16 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (633 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap always forget Korra has metalbending for some reason. It also has one-shotting potential but just like earth it can be deflected, Storm can incinerate it (she's done this with a metal rod stuck through her stomach) and basically I don't expect Korra to last long enough for it to become a problem.

#17 Posted by ANTHP2000 (8811 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordoffate: Aang is considerably faster and has city level DC, I don't know if Storm can pull off something like a lightning bolt powerful enough before Aang takes her out. Don't forget he has automatic defence with an air sphere.

That said, Korra loses. She's not that strong at all. Together, it's not close either. Storm would lose badly. Aang is debatable but I'm not knowledgable enough on Storm to talk with certainty.

#18 Posted by LordOfFate (1227 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordoffate: Aang is considerably faster and has city level DC, I don't know if Storm can pull off something like a lightning bolt powerful enough before Aang takes her out. Don't forget he has automatic defence with an air sphere.

That said, Korra loses. She's not that strong at all. Together, it's not close either. Storm would lose badly. Aang is debatable but I'm not knowledgable enough on Storm to talk with certainty.

I'm not trying to make this into a long Storm debate but Aang does not have a speed advantage. This is a debate of Thought Vs Action. Unlike, most people in the Avatar universe, Storm doesn't have to move to manipulate her elements

Storm thinks lightning bolt...milliseconds later Aang is hit several different times, by several different lightning bolts, from several different directions.

Aang thinks elemental attack (Earth, Fire, Water, Air etc...), then does his movement to manipulate or conjure his element...sadly he has already been hit by lightning during his movement. Even when he redirected lightning, he had time to prepare for Ozai's attack, with Storm he doesn't have that luxury....he doesn't even see it coming.

Now if Storm had to move her arms or make some kind of martial arts movement to manipulate the elements, I can see Aang winning this with no problems (Maybe)

No Caption Provided

#19 Posted by ANTHP2000 (8811 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordoffate: If that's the case, she's handily beat Aang too.

#20 Posted by P00TY (4247 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan: Storm could take them both if she was blood lusted also. Possibly with morals on too.

#21 Posted by Storm Calling (4382 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekryan said:

@p00ty: @mainjp: reasonings? and storm is morals on, so killing korra with a lightning bolt isn't appropriate

It's a very common misconception.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#22 Posted by Prezilla (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm stomps, the power difference is too large

#23 Edited by Unlimited1 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: since when did Aang have city level DC? And how did you infer that he is faster than Korra, he may be more agile, but faster?

Anyway if Storm can summon lightning without moving she is too strong for them, no Avatar character can dodge something moving at the speed of 44,704 m/s and Aang's wind shield is not blocking lightning of that magnitude, nor that he will be able to summon it fast enough.

#24 Posted by xmenfallen (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

Can the Avatar defeat the Mistress of the Elements? NO

Storm is more powerful compared to Korra. Korra is an excellent fighter and has demonstrated impressive elemental feats but I believe most of her attacks can easily be countered by Storm. One good lightning bolt is enough to knock her down. (since its Morals On, Storm wont use a fatal bolt)

Probably the only way for Korra to closely match Storm if for her to be on her Avatar State as soon as the fight starts. With her enhanced state she needs to protect or armor herself with earth to minimize the damage of Storm's lightning. I think her best bet is to use the earth element since that is her only element that is not easily defensible. But Korra still has low chance.