Avatar Fights Character Swap #1: The Beach

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Other Team Avatars take the place of the Gaang in the scene from “The Beach.” Can they get on their respective sky bison’s back and escape, or perhaps even kill, Combustion Man without any casualties?

• Kuruk’s Companions (Kuruk, Jianzhu, Hei-Ran, Kelsang, Nyahitha)
  • The Flying Opera Company (Kyoshi, Rangi, Kirima, Wong, Lek, Jinpa)
  • The Krew (Korra, Mako, Bolin, Asami)
  • The Krew II (Korra, Mako, Bolin, Asami, Tenzin, Lin Beifong)
Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aystarr

A lot of y'all forget that the reason why cm was threatening was that the gaang aren't killers and they were just getting familiar with him and his abilities.

If CM comes when they are asleep, he kills them all, no one has the Seismic sense the way Toph has it.

If CM comes when they are awake but without knowledge of his abilities, only team Kuruk and krew II will make it out IMO,

No one on team kyoshi can handle a combustion blast from combustion man and I don't think kyoshi would be well prepared to handle him on her own without any prior knowledge of his abilities.

I don't see mako, bolin or Asami being useful here especially with the altitude advantage Combustion man has, and while Korra had used air for explosions before, I don't think she can handle the power of CM with her airbending like aang and I don't think she'll know what to do with her water especially without prior knowledge. So krew I goes down, with the help of tenzin and Lin though, they should be able to get on appa and escape, I find tenzin's hypersensitivity and Lin's combustion evading mobility to be very useful here, they should be able to stall by distracting him alongside Korra for everyone to escape.

I don't have enough info on team Kuruk to know how they'll do against him without prior knowledge but I think they should be able to make it out.

If they know about him tho, All teams should be able to end him, my only doubt would be team kyoshi but I think she should be able to pull it off with the Numbers advantage. I don't think any of the teams would try to avoid killing him like team aang did if they have the basic knowledge of how dangerous he is or how to take him down.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

A lot of y'all forget that the reason why cm was threatening was that the gaang aren't killers and they were just getting familiar with him and his abilities.

If CM comes when they are asleep, he kills them all, no one has the Seismic sense the way Toph has it.

If CM comes when they are awake but without knowledge of his abilities, only team Kuruk and krew II will make it out IMO,

No one on team kyoshi can handle a combustion blast from combustion man and I don't think kyoshi would be well prepared to handle him on her own without any prior knowledge of his abilities.

I don't see mako, bolin or Asami being useful here especially with the altitude advantage Combustion man has, and while Korra had used air for explosions before, I don't think she can handle the power of CM with her airbending like aang and I don't think she'll know what to do with her water especially without prior knowledge. So krew I goes down, with the help of tenzin and Lin though, they should be able to get on appa and escape, I find tenzin's hypersensitivity and Lin's combustion evading mobility to be very useful here, they should be able to stall by distracting him alongside Korra for everyone to escape.

I don't have enough info on team Kuruk to know how they'll do against him without prior knowledge but I think they should be able to make it out.

If they know about him tho, All teams should be able to end him, my only doubt would be team kyoshi but I think she should be able to pull it off with the Numbers advantage. I don't think any of the teams would try to avoid killing him like team aang did if they have the basic knowledge of how dangerous he is or how to take him down.

This except idk what you mean about Korra with water lol

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

They could all escape fine so long as they are alert of his arrival. Kuruk and Korra's companions (II) could also take him down. I can only attribute Toph and Aang not killing him right there and then to mindset and ambush, neither of which these two groups would suffer as much from.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korraalone: What I mean by she might not know what do with her water is, I think she might be able to take him down with Waterbending BUT without prior knowledge of his abilities, she might not know how to do so, she might not know she needs to incap his head which is his weakness or get close to minimize CM's explosion radius and give herself a better fighting chance, which would make most of her water attacks at long range useless as CM would just blow most of them up.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By byondeon

Any Avatar take it solo..

And Bolin would solo as well..

The rest just escape

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cocacolaman  Moderator

Only Kuruk’s companions live

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jianzhu murders CM by tunneling behind him and killing him. Lin straight up ragdolls CM with his metal arms. Everyone else die badly.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jianzhu murders CM by tunneling behind him and killing him. Lin straight up ragdolls CM with his metal arms. Everyone else die badly.

It's not that easy, even when she faced fodders who had metal on them she didn't resort to that, add the range and the altitude CM has plus his explosions, I never understood why y'all thought combustion man would just suddenly lose to metalbenders, not even Toph could do that.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator
vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could all escape fine so long as they are alert of his arrival. Kuruk and Korra's companions (II) could also take him down. I can only attribute Toph and Aang not killing him right there and then to mindset and ambush, neither of which these two groups would suffer as much from.

How would Toph and Aang end him tho? Environmental spam? I feel like that's hard to do when your being pressed by hugely powerful blasts. People who use enviromental attacks regularly are typically high tier fighters (Toph, Katara, Kuvira, Lin), I don't think it's something that they can just casually spam or do, I feel like it would take a fair amount of concentration.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
@vengefulshot said:
@anthp2000 said:

How would Toph and Aang end him tho? Environmental spam? I feel like that's hard to do when your being pressed by hugely powerful blasts. People who use enviromental attacks regularly are typically high tier fighters (Toph, Katara, Kuvira, Lin), I don't think it's something that they can just casually spam or do, I feel like it would take a fair amount of concentration.

I mean, no reason for "spam". Aang and Toph had the range, they were skilled in seismic sense, they could tunnel underground, and they were just sitting behind cover while Combustion Man was standing in one spot, near the edge of a cliff, blasting blindly at them for minutes. And I don't think it would take any special amount of concentration for earthbending masters, they usually just move an arm or a leg and do it. Toph, in particular, is inexplicably powerful so it should be incredibly easy for her.

Again, I think they're kids ambushed by a seasoned killer, so I justify it that way, but they definitely had the power to end him. Jianzhu or Lin would logically not hesitate to do this in the same situation, and with a team backing them, unless the plot required them to, badly. Viking also raised a good point about Combustion Man's prosthetics and metalbending; I actually completely blocked those out, lol.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think the same as I said yesterday. Kuruk's companions have a massive bending average that CM would struggle badly to overcome -- Kelsang could conjure a storm that might completely catch CM off with Kuruk protecting him -- who should more than capable of beating CM on his own entirely without help, while Jianzhu burrows underground. I don't see CM taking Kuruk's team in any possible means.

Lin was a much better metalbender than a 13 year old Toph, especially the version that encountered Combustion Man -- Toph never bent metal without coming in contact with it, until the finale -- with Tenzin backing her up in this case, Lin should be perfectly capable of metalbending Combustion Man's prosthetic limbs safely without any injuries -- since she could scan the equalist prisonhold entirely with her seismic sense, so range wouldn't be an issue. Not to mention, I completely forgot Korra's presence in this matchup, when I posted yesterday. Once again, CM is still stacked up against all odds. against them as well. Kyoshi's team might get the short end of the stick, since beyond the avatar, none of the others contribute much in this fight, at all.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@viking1205 said:

It's not that easy, even when she faced fodders who had metal on them she didn't resort to that, add the range and the altitude CM has plus his explosions, I never understood why y'all thought combustion man would just suddenly lose to metalbenders, not even Toph could do that.

Toph never metalbent without contact until the finale, CM was lucky he met Toph before metalbending advanced to a reasonable level. Lin has Tenzin and Korra who are perfectly capable of defending her while she could do her job.