vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The OG arch enemies Aang and Zuko, are to run a gauntlet of nemesis's (nemisi?) from ATLA and TLOK.

No Caption Provided

Who are the most powerful rivals of all time?!

Rules

1. Morals on
  2. Standard gear for all combatants
  3. Current versions of gauntlet characters
  4. Time is twilight
  5. Battle takes place in Avatar Korra Park (plenty of earth and water present)
  6. An old fire navy ship nearby provides a large metal source
  7. Rested and healed after each round
  8. Enemies are willing to work together to secure a victory
  9. No avatar state

Rounds

1. Aang is EOS and can bend all 4 elements, Zuko is end of season 2 of ATLA
  2. Current versions of both Aang and Zuko, Aang can only airbend

The Gauntlet:

1. Jeong Jeong and Zhao
  2. Ghazan and Bolin
  3. Tonraq and Unalaq
  4. Mako and Ming Hua
  5. Kuvira and Suyin
  6. Tenzin and Zaheer (with flight)
  7. Katara and Azula
EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

R1) Could stop at 4 honestly, Ming might be able to beat a morals on Aang with her immense speed (the only person in the verse to ever actually speedblitz people) and skill while Mako holds off Zuko

R2) Stops at 7, Aang has never beaten Azula and Katara can beat Zuko

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthp2000  Moderator

Morals On Aang threads are always a pain to figure out. However, he has gotten much better at fighting and adjusting to his moral code effectively ever since the end of the series. 5 and 7 are the rounds I'm not sure on, esspecially 7.

I'll get back to this.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

R1: Stops at 4

R2: Stops at 6 or 7

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They certainely stop at 7 in both rounds. Could possibly stop at 4 or 5 in the first round.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at 7 or clears both rounds.

R6:would be very difficult, but Aang is a better airbender than both tenzin and zaheer, couple that zuko's AOEs, and the other elements, Aang and Zuko should take it.

R5: Air is a good counter to kuvira metalbending, and Zuko can hang with Su long enough for aang to help

R7:Is very difficult. I would back aang against Katara, and zuko can hold off azula for a time. That is the only way I see that they can win. If Aang fights azula and zuko takes katara, they lose.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Could stop at 6.

R2: Stop at 7.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great concept and adorable picture of the duo!

I wish my notifications weren't perma grey so I could have seen it earlier lol.

Jeong Jeong and Zhao - Both rounds go to Zaang. While I do think Jeong Jeong is powerful (baring small feats), Zhao is a major weak link which even Book One Zuko bested in a sparing match.

Ghazan and Bolin - Zaang for both rounds. Aang's airbending and agility is key. They shouldn't be able to tag him, and cooling the lava is a big plus for the duo.

Tonraq and Unalaq - I think Book Two and especially current Zuko can handle Tonraq handily, enough to assist Aang fighting Unalaq after. Aang, with his airbending, is by far his most powerful and used element, and it's what he will need to rely on anyway, which is why for both rounds I see the duo beating Unalaq here. Unalaq has a large source of water and will put up a good fight.

Mako and Ming Hua - Similar to above, I can see Aang beating Ming Hua based off his airbending for both rounds in a good fight. Current Zuko can beat Mako, Book Two Zuko will have more of a fight since he doesn't have his Dancing Dragon technique yet, but he still learned the lightning redirection, although I doubt morals on Mako will use it.

Kuvira and Suyin - This one Aang will have to carry more as I don't see Zuko offering as much help here. We saw Aang dodge a flurry of Mai's arrows in Omashu as well as block her knife from behind in the dark. I'm using Mai's projectiles as examples since it's close to the metal strips Kuvira and Su can use. An 'off' Korra was also able to dodge (some) and with airbending, easily blow away several of Kuvira's metal strips during their first fight. So with Aang's agility and airbending, it provides a good counter to the metal team. Earth is his next best element and it's also stronger than either of the Zafou girls, so while Zuko is weaker in that round, this time I see his other elements coming in handier and making up for the gap. Both girls are quick but Aang also has seismic sense and burrowing which will make him a tough opponent for them.

Tenzin and Zaheer (with flight) - Aang is overall stronger and more versatile to Tenzin and Zuko can take Zaheer. The flight makes him a lot trickier but he doesn't have the offence to bring down Zaang. They will have to be serious and work hard.

Katara and Azula - Either of the girls can beat Zuko in both rounds, enough so that whichever one fights him can fight help the other against Aang. It also doesn't help that Zaang has a bad track record against Azula. This is where I see Zaang stopping.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Stop at 5. They Win round 6 though. Aang could solo 6, Zaheer is a massive weaklink. Get demolished at 7.

R2: Stop at 7 or clear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For round 1, assuming Aang fights well (which he usually did in S3) a potential stop at three, a probable stop at six, and a hard stop at 7:

Jeong Jeong and Zhao

Zhao gets stomped by either one, JJ isn't going to do much in character.

Ghazan and Bolin

EOS Aang is not going to have any issue at all with lavabending. Either of them could take down S2 Zuko, but Aang carries hard this round.

Tonraq and Unalaq

IMO this round belong higher, and there's at least a decent chance they stop here. Post-fusion Unalaq can probably beat Aang in character (although Aang certainly could win) and Tonraq can beat S2 Zuko, albeit with some difficult.

Mako and Ming Hua

They should probably be lower. Ming and Mako can both beat S2 Zuko, but they're going to be helpless against Aang, especially Ming (whose reliance on CQC is not going to help her against someone much more mobile than she is, especially given the lack of things to swing from). Aang carries them through.

Kuvira and Suyin

S2 Zuko loses quickly to Kuvira and in a good fight to Suyin, but airbending > metalbending. Aang carries again.

Tenzin and Zaheer (with flight)

Either Tenzin or Zaheer smacks S2 Zuko without too much trouble, and Aang gets ganged up on. I don't see him being able to beat these two by himself.

Katara and Azula

Current Azula beats S2 Zuko easily, and Katara holds off Aang long enough for Azula to help her. They definitely lose this round.

Round 2: Aang loses quite a bit without his earthbending, and comics Aang seems less competent than EOS Aang as a fighter. Zuko, on the other hand, gets significantly stronger in the comics as compared to S2, so the team mates are more balanced this round. Possible (but not too likely) stop at 3, probably stop at 6, hard stop at 7.

Jeong Jeong and Zhao

Zuko destroys Zhao and JJ once again does little in character.

Ghazan and Bolin

Neither Ghazan nor Bolin is going to do well against airbending, and Zuko can probably beat either now too.

Tonraq and Unalaq

Post-fusion Unalaq is solidly above air-only Aang in character IMO. The team probably passes via Zuko beating Tonraq and coming to Aang's aid before Unalaq can pin Aang down.

Mako and Ming Hua

Comics Zuko can beat Mako (not sure about Ming), and Aang trounces both. They pass.

Kuvira and Suyin

Zuko still loses relatively quickly to Kuvira, but he might be able to beat Suyin, while Aang trounces both. They pass.

Probably stop here, for the same reasons as before. Either Tenzin or Zaheer takes down Zuko (with more difficulty this time), and then Aang gets double teamed, which he deals with worse than he did in round 1 without his earthbending.

Katara and Azula

They stop here. Azula beats Zuko now, as their fight in Smoke and Shadow showed (although I still believe it will take longer if Zuko keeps it to a firebending fight rather than going H2H) and Katara might be able to beat Aang by herself. If not, Katara and Azula definitely win when Azula comes in to double team Aang.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morals On Aang threads are always a pain to figure out. However, he has gotten much better at fighting and adjusting to his moral code effectively ever since the end of the series. 5 and 7 are the rounds I'm not sure on, esspecially 7.

I'll get back to this.

Current thoughts?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot: I'll say they might stop at 7, or clear the gauntlet.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeong Jeong and Zhao

Round 1: Either beats Zhao, Jeong Jeong won't hurt either morals on, so together they win.

Round 2: They win easily. Zuko is way more powerful now, and Aang can easily take Zhao. Once Aang is done, they double team JJ.

Ghazan and Bolin

Round 1: Zuko will have to hold his own against Bolin long enough for Aang to beat Ghazan or knock out Bolin while he's dealing with Zuko. I say they pass because I see Aang beating Ghazan with his agility and versatility.

Round 2: Zuko beats Bolin, possibly Ghazan, and I see Aang taking out/holding off either with airbending evasiveness.

Tonraq and Unalaq

Round 1: If this is regular Unalaq I can see Aang beating him. Then he takes Tonraq with ease. Or if he swipes Tonraq immediately, Zuko could provide some support against Unalaq. Post-fusion Unalaq would make things much harder.

Round 2: Zuko beats Tonraq, and then helps Aang beat (again regular?) Unalaq.

Mako and Ming Hua

Round 1: Aang beats Ming due to versatility and speed while Zuko holds off/loses to Mako. Then Aang beats Mako.

Round 2: Zuko beats Mako now, and then can help Aang with Ming-Hua.

Kuvira and Suyin

Round 1: Aang beats either, Zuko loses to either. He will do better against Suyin while Aang takes out Kuvira. Then Suyin is double teamed.

Round 2: Aang still beats either, while Zuko can now stall the other. Same as above, he'll do better against, and may even beat Su as long as she doesn't use too much metal. Either way, Aang wins before Zuko loses and they double team the other.

Round 1: I don't see Zuko holding off either long enough for Aang to beat the other.

Round 2: Zuko can probably take Zaheer, or at least stall Tenzin. Aang beats Zaheer but it's not super fast, and he holds off Tenzin. It depends on who goes down first, but I could see them winning here.

Katara and Azula

Round 1: They lose. Either can take S2 Zuko easily, and then Aang gets ganged up on. Unless Aang beats his opponent fast, and it's gotta be almost a one shot, they are not winning this round.

Round 2: Depends on who fights who. If Zuko can stall Azula long enough for Aang to beat Katara, they can win. If Aang can't win against Katara, then they lose. I don't see Aang beating Azula here, so even if Zuko beats Katara, which will not happen easily if possible due to the water source, Azula will beat Aang fast enough and there's no way Zuko can take Kat and Azula. I think comics Aang could take a win against Katara as long as he plays it right before Azula beats Zuko.

Overall

Round 1: Could stop at 2 if they play it wrong. Stop at 6.

Round 2: Could stop at 6, high possibility it stops at 7, but if they play it right they can clear.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think 5 in 1 and 7 in 2.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers