Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator
No Caption Provided

An Avatar Battle Tournament

This is a battle tournament between 24 Avatar characters. I'll update every 3 days with a new match. This battle will contain most of the top benders from both series and the winner will be decided by voting. Only you Viners can determine the ranking of these benders!

The benders who will be fighting in this tournament will be the following:

1. Aang (no Avatar State)
  2. Amon
  3. Azula
  4. Bolin
  5. Bumi
  6. Combustion Man
  7. Ghazan
  8. Hama (Full Moon Feats)
  9. Iroh
  10. Jeong Jeong
  11. Katara
  12. Korra (no Avatar State)
  13. Kuvira
  14. Lin Beifong
  15. Mako
  16. Ming Hua
  17. Ozai
  18. Paku
  19. P'li
  20. Tenzin
  21. Toph Beifong
  22. Unalaq (Pre-Fusion)
  23. Zaheer
  24. Zuko

Rules are as follows:

• All matches take place in the Crystal Catacombs
  • Waterbenders have nighttime level power (Hama has full moon power,) firebenders have daytime level power
  • Everyone is in character
  • Everyone has standard gear
  • Start 30 ft away on even ground with in-verse knowledge
  • Win by death, KO, or incap
  • Unless otherwise specified, everyone is at their best (obviously no Comet)
cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see the arguments now... O_O

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator

Stage 1, Round 1/12: Tenzin vs P'li

No Caption Provided

I'll go with P'li. Combustionbending just isn't something I see Tenzin overcoming.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sweet! I’m in!

Also, just my opinion, but I wouldn’t give the waterbenders the full moon amp. It’s your tourney though, and I’ll follow whatever rules you want! :)

Quick question: Do the Avatars also get the full moon amp considering they are waterbenders too?

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cocacolaman  Moderator

@eslay03 said:

Sweet! I’m in!

Also, just my opinion, but I wouldn’t give the waterbenders the full moon amp. It’s your tourney though, and I’ll follow whatever rules you want! :)

Quick question: Do the Avatars also get the full moon amp considering they are waterbenders too?

Neat! Thanks!

The moon amp is mainly for Hama, but I figured it would be best for everyone to be at their reasonable best, and the full moon isn't a ridiculous amp like Sozin's Comet or Avatar State, so I figured having it here would be fairest for the waterbenders.

And yes. The Avatars have daytime firebending and full moon waterbending.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know about this one, they both have advantage over each other. Tenzin is faster, more mobile and versatile while P'li have an advantage in range and power. Gonna have to look at their feats and come back to this later.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eslay03

@cocacolaman: That makes sense! I can’t wait to see Katara vs Amon (even though some believe Katara can bloodbend without the full moon)! Now, I’m wondering how powerful Amon would be under the full moon...lol

Anyways, thanks for answering the question!

OT: I’m leaning P’li. I love Tenzin and believe he is underrated, but P’li just has some very quick, powerful, and accurate combustion blasts. The 30 foot starting distance also plays a solid factor. I do think there’s scenarios where Tenzin could win, but more often than not, I think P’li would pull it out.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goin with P'li, I think her spam is just a tad much for Tenzin

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I’m leaning towards tenzin because his mobility

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag for each matchup.

Going with P'li, Tenzin is faster and more agile but P'li can spam her blasts and potentially oneshot. The environment is also in P'li's favour.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BigDreamer48

Can you add me? I'll bring in my verdict in a bit.

Edit: @cocacolaman also, I think that full moon amp probably shouldn't be used unless a waterbender is facing another waterbender. Bloodbending could give Hama several auto wins (and she'd use it in character). Plus, that would give many characters on this list an edge in a fight that may be much more interesting should they not have the amp. Also, shouldn't Avatars be nerfed? They have a pretty good sized versatility advantage if they can use all four elements.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: the suyin Erasure is unacceptable, I'm punching the air rn.

OT: Tenzin wins high diff

Goin with P'li, I think her spam is just a tad much for Tenzin

Suyin dodged her spam easily, it's gonna be a cakewalk for tenzin.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cocacolaman  Moderator

@bigdreamer48:

Sure!

also, I think that full moon amp probably shouldn't be used unless a waterbender is facing another waterbender. Bloodbending could give Hama several auto wins (and she'd use it in character).

I figured that including Hama at all would require at least her to have the full moon amp. Without it, she hasn't really got much of anything on anyone here.

Plus, that would give many characters on this list an edge in a fight that may be much more interesting should they not have the amp.

Would it be better if I just gave Hama the amp and let everyone else have their regular power?

Also, shouldn't Avatars be nerfed? They have a pretty good sized versatility advantage if they can use all four elements.

It's a humongous headache deciding whether they should have all four elements or not (just ask Aystarr) and besides, we've already seen in-series that multiple elements isn't an auto-win.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cocacolaman  Moderator

@aystarr:

the suyin Erasure is unacceptable, I'm punching the air rn.

I had an even split of 12 ATLA characters and 12 TLOK characters. It was perfectly balanced, like all things should be.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Tenzin. High diff. He gets his revenge for P'li sniping from the sky when he was fighting The Red Lotus.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdreamer48:

Sure!

also, I think that full moon amp probably shouldn't be used unless a waterbender is facing another waterbender. Bloodbending could give Hama several auto wins (and she'd use it in character).

I figured that including Hama at all would require at least her to have the full moon amp. Without it, she hasn't really got much of anything on anyone here.

Plus, that would give many characters on this list an edge in a fight that may be much more interesting should they not have the amp.

Would it be better if I just gave Hama the amp and let everyone else have their regular power?

Also, shouldn't Avatars be nerfed? They have a pretty good sized versatility advantage if they can use all four elements.

It's a humongous headache deciding whether they should have all four elements or not (just ask Aystarr) and besides, we've already seen in-series that multiple elements isn't an auto-win.

Yeah, Hama would lose to pretty much anyone here w/o the full moon. But with the Crystal Catacombs, I think if you just gave her the boost, she could still pose a pretty high threat, and more evenly match the others. Maybe she can only use bloodbending if it's against another waterbender, because they are the ones who could possibly counter it?

I agree. That is really annoying. I do agree that it isn't an auto win too. However, in most tournaments I see, the Avatars are restricted to one element, so I was just going off of that.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Going with Tenzin. High diff. He gets his revenge for P'li sniping from the sky when he was fighting The Red Lotus.

This is why I'd favour Tenzin also.

P'Li has him beat in raw power, but his defense can make up for it.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cocacolaman  Moderator

@bigdreamer48: I'll see if anyone else has anything to say about the full moon thing, and if enough people think the full moon is too much I'll only let Hama have the amp.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Alrighty.

By the way, I vote Tenzin after a difficult fight for now. He has superior mobility, and his defense is good enough to aid him in that department. He also was casually able to do an airspout taller than a building to get several equalists off of him. I'm very unsure about this one though...might change my vote. But for now, I'm back Tenzin.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Tag me for these please! Tenzin wins round one

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

@cocacolaman: That makes sense! I can’t wait to see Katara vs Amon (even though some believe Katara can bloodbend without the full moon)! Now, I’m wondering how powerful Amon would be under the full moon...lol

Its a theory. I can explain if you want.

Anyways, thanks for answering the question!

OT: I’m leaning P’li. I love Tenzin and believe he is underrated, but P’li just has some very quick, powerful, and accurate combustion blasts. The 30 foot starting distance also plays a solid factor. I do think there’s scenarios where Tenzin could win, but more often than not, I think P’li would pull it out.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote Tenzin. His mobility will give pl'i big trouble, and he has shown to be able to make air shields that surround him and completely protect him from combustion bending. The only problem I see is how Tenzin will actually put her down.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I would also like to be tagged for these please.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to vote P'li. Would be hard considering Tenzins speed and mobility but I think P'li can edge it out a majority 6-7/10

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: You should really only give Pakku and Hama the full moon boost as otherwise the fights would be unfair honestly.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:Suyin had cover from natural rock formations and was completely, and i quote, "pinned down" along with her sister. Ignoring the fact that I dont find Tenzin much more agile than Su anyway, he has less cover to work with in the catacombs and he can't oneshot her the way su could.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By viking1205

@cocacolaman: can you please tag me for all these upcoming ATLA and TLoK posts?

Also OT, I vote Tenzin to win this high difficulty

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

@thebooyzz: Oh I know the theory....

Not a theory tho, she literally did it in the southern raiders. Its still funny how anyone can see otherwise.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: False... But you can think that.

Pain1017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@eslay03 said:

@thebooyzz: Oh I know the theory....

Not a theory tho, she literally did it in the southern raiders. Its still funny how anyone can see otherwise.

I'm so glad I wasnt the only that realized this!!

Someone tried to tell me that the full moon lasts up to a week, but I told him In the hama episode she said that the full moon only give the wasterbenders power one time. So..

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: Not necessarily. The Full Moon appears for about 3 days to the naked eye, so even though we see the moon the night before, it may have been "almost full" despite appearing full. This is why that topic is very controversial and why I don't have a full verdict on that theory/feat, but here's my thought.

Maybe since Hama is weaker than Katara, she did it only on the day of the actual full moon, while Katara can extend it for a few more days than she can. She'd still have the moon's strengths (I don't think she can do it during daylight), but she may have shown the ability to bloodbend without the moon being completely full.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: ok, I'm not arguing with you on this here, drop it.

@bigdreamer48: I think it's best to leave this for a post/battle on it or else this thread is going to go downhill fast.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: I agree. Let's get back on topic. P'Li vs Tenzin. Still backing Tenzin ever so slightly.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By byondeon

@aystarr: I am not gonna argue here either. Good we are on the same page.

EDIT: I meant Katara bloodbending until it's her vs someone in this tourney.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: Not necessarily. The Full Moon appears for about 3 days to the naked eye, so even though we see the moon the night before, it may have been "almost full" despite appearing full. This is why that topic is very controversial and why I don't have a full verdict on that theory/feat, but here's my thought.

Maybe since Hama is weaker than Katara, she did it only on the day of the actual full moon, while Katara can extend it for a few more days than she can. She'd still have the moon's strengths (I don't think she can do it during daylight), but she may have shown the ability to bloodbend without the moon being completely full.

This theory is plausible as is my theory. I'd believe it if I weren't so fond of the idea of Katara being able to bloodbend at night.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone wanna do a Lin vs Tenzin fight? (I dont have enough connections and im not that savvy with the editing on here for me to make thats why i'm asking someone else)..

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: I'd be happy to speculate on it more if we get a Katara vs. Amon fight. I'm willing to see both sides, as I am unsure myself. Let's focus on the current match for now though, as Aystarr said, think we've clouded this thread a bit too much.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Tenzin

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cocacolaman  Moderator

@thebooyzz: As in for this tournament or just a match in general?

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebooyzz: I'd be happy to speculate on it more if we get a Katara vs. Amon fight. I'm willing to see both sides, as I am unsure myself. Let's focus on the current match for now though, as Aystarr said, think we've clouded this thread a bit too much.

True.

TheBooyZz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P'li vs Tenzin

I'm willing to back Tenzin because of his mobility and versatility. The only reason P'li should win is because her missiles are fast, I dont know about CM-fast but P'li's were able to transcend hundreds of meters in under 1-2 seconds. P'li would have to have enough distance to get a good meaningful hit on him, but she'd need him to be stationary to be able get him, and he wont be.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cocacolaman  Moderator
Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very tough matchup, two people who never lost a straight up fight.

I'd back P'li as long as she can maintain the pressure on him to exhaust him.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cocacolaman  Moderator

Tenzin: 10

P'li: 6

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cocacolaman  Moderator

@byondeon said:

@cocacolaman: Seems fair.

I'm still waiting for someone to complain the Avatars have all four elements.