A:TLA/LoK: Avatar villains (Firelord Ozai) runs a composite bender gauntlet(1/4)

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Viking1205
No Caption Provided

Conditions:

• Ozai faces a composite bender in each round, i.e an avatar like bender who can all bend four elements. Each bender gets feats of four benders, one from each element that will be specified in the rounds. NO AVATAR STATE.
  • The avatars(composite bender) in gauntlet has the physicals, standard morals of the bender of the native element, while agility and speed are the from the airbenders. Eg: The avatar who's native element is water would get the physicals and morals of the waterbender while the agility is of the airbender.
  • Sozin's comet is on.
  • Full moon is on. Bloodbending is not allowed.
  • Ozai is in the same morals as he was when he faced Aang.
  • Unless any restriction is placed, all characters get all feats from series and comics they were a part of.
  • I've not made the gauntlet in any order of increasing power levels, so kindly state who you think would beat Ozai and who would lose to Ozai.

No Caption Provided

The same location where Aang fought Ozai. Benders start on lava columns behind the water source, 50 ft apart.

ROUND-1: Air Nomad Avatar

Composite Avatar gets feats from

• Airbender - Tenzin
  • Waterbender - Kya
  • Earthbender - Bolin
  • Firebender - Zhao

Avatar gets physicals, morals, agility and speed of Tenzin

ROUND-2: Water Tribe Avatar

• Waterbender - Katara
  • Earthbender - Xin Fu
  • Firebender - Jeong Jeong
  • Airbender - Kai

Avatar gets physicals, morals of Katara, agility and speed of Kai.

ROUND-3: Earth Kingdom Avatar

• Earthbender - King Bumi
  • Firebender - Mako
  • Airbender - Zaheer(pre-flight)
  • Waterbender - Tonraq

Avatar gets physicals, morals of Bumi, agility and speed of Zaheer

ROUND-4: Fire Nation Avatar

• Firebender - Azula
  • Airbender - Jinorah
  • Waterbender - Hama
  • Earthbender - Long Feng

Avatar gets physicals, morals of Azula, agility and speed of Jinorah.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

R1 - Air Nomad Avatar

• Airbender - Tenzin
  • Waterbender - Kya
  • Earthbender - Bolin
  • Firebender - Zhao

Avatar gets physicals, morals, agility and speed of Tenzin

The Air Nomad Avatar has a decent chance at winning but would still likely lose. Tenzin is only slightly below Aang in airbending, Kya's waterbending is better than Aang's, Bolin's earthbending is better than Aang's, but Zhao's firebending is worse than Aang's. Having Bolin's lavabending would be an interesting factor.

Zhao can't redirect lightning, so that would be problematic against Ozai, especially since Tenzin doesn't have the agility and speed that Aang has.

I'll say Ozai wins 7/10

R2 - Water Tribe Avatar

• Waterbender - Katara
  • Earthbender - Xin Fu
  • Firebender - Jeong Jeong
  • Airbender - Kai

Avatar gets physicals, morals of Katara, agility and speed of Kai.

Katara's physicals aren't good, and Kai's speed/agility are much worse than Aang's.

Katara's waterbending is better than Aang's, and JJ's firebending is better than Aang's, but Xin Fu and Kai are both inferior to Aang. JJ also hasn't been shown to redirect lightning.

Ozai wins 9/10

R3 - Earth Kingdom Avatar

• Earthbender - King Bumi
  • Firebender - Mako
  • Airbender - Zaheer(pre-flight)
  • Waterbender - Tonraq

Avatar gets physicals, morals of Bumi, agility and speed of Zaheer

Bumi is a physical beast but I don't recall him having any really noteworthy feats for his physicals. Zaheer has pretty good agility and speed, but still below Aang.

King Bumi's earthbending is better than Aang's, Mako's firebending is better, Zaheer's airbending is worse, and Tonraq's waterbending is quite meh. Mako can use lightning though, and he can redirect it, and King Bumi's earthbending is a major asset. However, without the AS, I don't see the Avatar winning a majority.

Ozai wins 6/10

R4 - Fire Nation Avatar

• Firebender - Azula
  • Airbender - Jinorah
  • Waterbender - Hama
  • Earthbender - Long Feng

Avatar gets physicals, morals of Azula, agility and speed of Jinorah.

Azula has pretty good physicals, but I don't recall Jinorah doing anything impressive when it comes to agility/speed.

Azula's firebending is much better than Aang's, Jinorah's airbending is worse, Hama's waterbending is slightly better, and Long Feng's earthbending is worse. Azula can generate lightning but can't redirect it.

Ozai wins 7/10

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I'm going to go with Ozai. Tenzin is mobile and skilled, but not quite as much as Aang, so Ozai's near insta lightning is going to be a problem, especially since the Avatar won't have lightning redirection. Kya is a pretty good bender, but I don't think she or Bolin have what it takes to put a good enough defense against a comet enhanced Ozai. Lavabending will just be deflected like it was by Korra. Ozai will win this one.

Round 2: Defense may be better here because of Katara's waterbending feats, but Ozai can handle it, and will just fly over any larger waves with his fire jets. This Avatar will not be mobile enough. Xin Fu and Kai do not offer much either.

Round 3: King Bumi has dang good defense, and Mako can redirect lightning. Bumi might actually give Ozai a harder time than most people would during the comet, and Mako's lightning redirection might help. Would Bumi be willing to kill? Tonraq's feats won't be much help though, so Ozai may still win, but it would be much harder than the other two.

Round 4: I see that Azula gets comic feats, which leads me to the notion that the Avatar might win this, especially since they would be willing to kill. Despite this, the other four elements will not be as helpful. Close, giving it to the Avatar b/c I think Comic Azula takes away his biggest advantage, which is his better lightning from her EoS form. I might just give it to the Avatar in this scenario.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting thread, I will get back to this.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth avatar might be able to take it. Bumi doesn't have a lot of showings, but feats like casually bending buildings in Omashu put him at a level where I could see him contending with Ozai head on even under the comet. Mako's firebending isn't on Ozai's tier, but he does have lightning redirection better than Aang's, which could prove useful. I'm not sure this composite would win, but I think it stands the best chance out of the four here

For the fire avatar, it depends on how much we think Azula improved in the comics-if she can match Ozai now (the other members of the composite really don't offer much at all. She's learned lightning redirection, which might give her the win, but overall I'm not sure she's leveled up from the show enough to reach Ozai's implied tier

Air nomad Avatar is overall a slightly worse version of Aang, more or less. No one there can match Ozai's power

Water Tribe Avatar: Jeong Jeong seemed to be implied to be on a level similar to Iroh and Ozai, but his feats are too limited (and even by implication alone, Ozai's still stronger). Katara's got skill but not the raw strength to contend with Ozai in any consistently meaningful capacity

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: Lightning is too op here, remove it then maybe they might have a chance, lol, also does the avatar have the comet boost too?

Round 1 - I wouldn't put tenzin agility/speed as not able to dodge lightning, aang did it before redirection and I'm sure he can replicate that if he's lucky enough, zhao fire is useless , Ozai is an aerial fighter so bolin lava will be useless, it's down to bolin's earth and kya's water skills complementing his air, I see him replicating aang and kya's leg grab with water while on an air spout , the problem now is his defense against sozins massive AOE, unlike aang who's airtwister blocked comet blast from ozai, tenzin was having difficulties putting up a stable defense against pli's blast, bolin's shield doesnt have feat of resistance to that much power, zhao has negation feats but I don't think that'll do much against ozai comet power even if he was also boosted by the comet

So overall, Ozai wins 7/10

Round 2- Xin fu earth is useless, she could put up a decent fight with fire jeong combined with her water skill, Fortunately for her, she can actually block comet lightning with water so her dodge/movement speed will not be required, she's also a very good Waterbender (much better than aang and kya) and a smart one at that so I can see her pulling tricks similar to aang's leg grab and his water putting out comet fire, so as for defense against AOE blast, jeong's potent firewalls and negation combined with her own water being able to stalemate comet blast would be good, physicals won't matter here since it wouldn't be cqc, katara has fire jet but not fast enough to keep up with ozai but with her good defense and variety in addition to the preferably mid-long distance battle they'll prefer, I don't think that'll be a problem.

Overall - Katara wins 6/10

Round 3- bumi earth is already gonna be a trouble for ozai, adding in Zaheer's speed/agility which is not as fast as ozai but still top notch to keep up with him and dodge lightning and mako who also has explosion control feats+ insta lightning would make quite the opponent , tonraq water and Zaheer air is useless, bumi's power can definitely block or at least stalemate comet blast, bumi's unpredictability with his unorthodox fighting style would also trip ozai.

Bumi wins 7/10

Round 4 - azula alone would put up a good fight, but I'm not sure if I can just use her physicals instead of jinora's which sets her behind hama water isn't useless but still wouldn't do much, long feng earth is useless

Overall if azula has her physicals, Azula wins 6/10

If she doesn't, Ozai wins - 7/10

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdreamer48: @arcus1: are you guys talking about the colossus feat for mako's "redirection" ?,I'm not sure if that's comparable

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:No, he redirected electricity from an equalist machine if iirc. I didn't mean that it necessarily gives the Avatar the win or the edge, it just happens to be a skill that may be useful in this scenario.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Air Nomad Avatar

• This Avatar could last for a bit with Tenzin's speed and agility, but he is still not fast enough. And he is really lacking in power to take Ozai down. Bolin's lava won't be an issue since Ozai can use fire jets to evade it and jump from pillar to pillar.

Round 2: Water Tribe Avatar

• A full moon Katara and all that water means they can defend against Ozai. Katara has blocked Azula's comet lightning without a full moon and much less water, so it would be easier. They also have Jeong Jeong's fire jets for flight to avoid any lighting which could strike the water and fry them. Jeong Jeong should also be capable of defending against Ozai's fire blasts. I actually think this Avatar has the tools to take down Ozai, however, having's Kai's agility really hurts them which could be this Avatar's downfall.

Round 3: Earth Kingdom Avatar

• Bumi's earthbending offers them a lot. He has fantastic mobility allowing them to escape underground or through the pillars, strong earth shields that could defend against fire blasts, and he can use large scale earth attacks. Mako's lightning redirection could give them safety from Ozai's lightning, and Mako can also generate it himself, this Avatar would give him a difficult time. They only thing they may be lacking is if they are not fast enough.

Round 4: Fire Nation Avatar

• Current Azula with her lighting redirection could have what it takes to bring down Ozai. It was almost what would have ended him had it not been for Aang's morals. But, with having Jinora's speed and agility, this Avatar might not be fast enough to do this. Hama's full moon waterbending should be strong enough to defend against some fire attacks. But if the lightning redirection fails, I don't see them having enough power to stop Ozai.
Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:

Earth avatar might be able to take it. Bumi doesn't have a lot of showings, but feats like casually bending buildings in Omashu put him at a level where I could see him contending with Ozai head on even under the comet. Mako's firebending isn't on Ozai's tier, but he does have lightning redirection better than Aang's, which could prove useful. I'm not sure this composite would win, but I think it stands the best chance out of the four here.

For the fire avatar, it depends on how much we think Azula improved in the comics-if she can match Ozai now (the other members of the composite really don't offer much at all). She's learned lightning redirection, which might give her the win, but overall I'm not sure she's leveled up from the show enough to reach Ozai's implied tier.

Air nomad Avatar is overall a slightly worse version of Aang, more or less. No one there can match Ozai's power.

Water Tribe Avatar: Jeong Jeong seemed to be implied to be on a level similar to Iroh and Ozai, but his feats are too limited (and even by implication alone, Ozai's still stronger). Katara's got skill but not the raw strength to contend with Ozai in any consistently meaningful capacity.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ANTHP2000

@chloros said:

Round 1: Air Nomad Avatar

• This Avatar could last for a bit with Tenzin's speed and agility, but he is still not fast enough. And he is really lacking in power to take Ozai down. Bolin's lava won't be an issue since Ozai can use fire jets to evade it and jump from pillar to pillar.

Round 2: Water Tribe Avatar

• A full moon Katara and all that water means they can defend against Ozai. Katara has blocked Azula's comet lightning without a full moon and much less water, so it would be easier. They also have Jeong Jeong's fire jets for flight to avoid any lighting which could strike the water and fry them. Jeong Jeong should also be capable of defending against Ozai's fire blasts. I actually think this Avatar has the tools to take down Ozai, however, having's Kai's agility really hurts them which could be this Avatar's downfall.

Round 3: Earth Kingdom Avatar

• Bumi's earthbending offers them a lot. He has fantastic mobility allowing them to escape underground or through the pillars, strong earth shields that could defend against fire blasts, and he can use large scale earth attacks. Mako's lightning redirection could give them safety from Ozai's lightning, and Mako can also generate it himself, this Avatar would give him a difficult time. They only thing they may be lacking is if they are not fast enough.

Round 4: Fire Nation Avatar

• Current Azula with her lighting redirection could have what it takes to bring down Ozai. It was almost what would have ended him had it not been for Aang's morals. But, with having Jinora's speed and agility, this Avatar might not be fast enough to do this. Hama's full moon waterbending should be strong enough to defend against some fire attacks. But if the lightning redirection fails, I don't see them having enough power to stop Ozai.

I think I mostly agree with this, adding some stuff.

The Air Nomad Avatar can't really do much against Ozai other than evade him for a bit, defend against some lower end attacks. They are seriously lacking in power. The Earth Kingdom Avatar has defence against lightningbending and lightning of their own, as well as King Bumi's underground tunneling technique and monstrous raw power. Zaheer is quite fast, actually, and very agile, so I see this one winning.

The Water Tribe Avatar has access to Jeong Jeong's jet propulsion - Jeong Jeong was virtually levitating, standing in mid air, in Ba Sing Se, I would argue this might be even more impressive than what Ozai brings to the table because it takes less effort to reach the same altitude. Jeong Jeong's raw power I consider comparable to Ozai's as well, and waterbending is solid defence against lightning generation. Similarly, I would argue Azula - part of the Fire Nation Avatar - is a more balanced bender, and fighter, than her father by now. Hama's waterbending and the Dai Li's skills are simply icing on the cake. However, like Chloros said, both these Avatars are held back by Jinora and Kai's physical speed. Kai evidently isn't good enough by Book 4, and Jinora has not been tested against any high tier yet, and I don't think she will any time soon either.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:

Azula can generate lightning but can't redirect it.

Comic feats are applicable, so Azula can redirect it or am I missing something with what you mean?

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Viking1205

@aystarr:

also does the avatar have the comet boost too?

Yes, the avatar does have comet boost.

Overall if azula has her physicals, Azula wins 6/10

They do get Azula's physicals, it's the agility which the avatar derives from Jinorah.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan:

Azula can generate lightning but can't redirect it.

Comic feats are applicable, so Azula can redirect it or am I missing something with what you mean?

I don't remember her redirecting lightning in the comics. When did it happen?

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chloros: @anthp2000:

Do you guys think the water and fire avatars have a shot at beating Ozai if their agility and speed is given to the best bender of the four?

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: It happened in Smoke and Shadow, she redirected a redirected lightning from Zuko

No Caption Provided

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what everyone else said. I don't think Ozai loses against any of these characters, he's got more than enough quickness and speed to keep up with the fastest and most agile character in both shows, as well as the power to contend with even the most powerful offenses and defenses these characters can throw out. Bumi would be the closest, but lack of waterbending power and weaker airbending means it's only a matter of time before Ozai puts him down with lightning.

Here's a short breakdown:

Air Nomad Avatar

All defense, no offense. Tenzin and Bolin can easily prolong the fight, but Kya's slightly above average level waterbending and Zhao's impotent firebending means they don't have the attacks necessary to make any sort of headway against Ozai. He's already dealt with a better airbender's attacks with little effort, and Bolin's ace in lavabending makes him a sitting duck. It's an interesting factor, but not enough to turn the tide in this character's favor.

Water Tribe Avatar

Katara is simply not physically capable enough to contend. Pairing her with probably the worst airbender here doesn't help her case. Despite Katara's high level waterbending and Jeong Jeong's firebending, meager defenses with Xin Fu's earth and weak airbending mean Ozai can punch through defenses and land easy hits. That's not even getting to lightning, which they don't really have an answer for when he speeds behind them and let's a bolt loose.

Earth Kingdom Avatar

The only one that actually has a really good chance at winning. I still think Ozai wins this, Zaheer does not have the quickness that Aang does, and Mako's firebending would be weaker than Ozai's. But lightning redirection and great defense are a great help here. This character will have trouble dealing with Ozai's speed, and the waterbending from Tonraq isn't enough to make a huge difference. It's close though. This fight would be entertaining.

Fire Nation Avatar

The complete opposite of the Air Nomad: All offense, no defense. Long Feng is worthless, and Jinorah is the second weakest airbender here. Azula has power and lightning redirection (as well as her own lightning) to contend, and Hama has pretty good offense with her waterbending. Problem is, they don't have the speed or agility to make the best use of it. Their offense is more than enough to beat Ozai, their problem is utilizing it effectively. They can't use the airbending to get in the best position for lightning, and they can't defend with earth against the power Ozai is putting out. If Bolin and Tenzin were switched in here, I'd be inclined to give them the majority.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: I do, as far as the Fire Nation Avatar goes. The Water Tribe Avatar, I'm not as sure on.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: I do, as far as the Fire Nation Avatar goes. The Water Tribe Avatar, I'm not as sure on.

I think so too. As for the water one, those would go to Katara (since we don't have enough on JJ), but I think coupled with his fire jets the Water Avatar could pull it off with high difficulty.