A:TLA/LoK: Avatar villains (Dark Avatar Unalaq) runs a composite bender gauntlet(2/4)

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Viking1205
No Caption Provided

Unalaq faces a similar set of composite benders, i.e., like an avatar with each composite bender having feats of 4 benders one from each element.

Conditions:

• Unalaq is his post-fusion self.
  • Bloodbending is restricted.
  • Time of the battle - Night during a full moon.
  • Unalaq is in the same morals as he was in his final battle against Korra in season-2.
  • Each composite bender(avatar) gets the morals, physicals, agility and speed of the bender of the primary element.
  • All characters get all feats from the series and comics unless specified.
  • The gauntlet is not made in any order of power levels. So, kindly mention who could beat Unalaq and who would lose to him.

No Caption Provided

The composite bender(avatar) starts on the mountain and Unalaq starts on the glacier.

One of the following ships has crashed along the shore of the river(closer to the position of the composite avatar) and can be used as a source of metalbending if applicable.

No Caption Provided

R1 - Air Nomad Avatar

Composite Avatar gets feats from

• Airbender - Tenzin
  • Waterbender - Tonraq
  • Earthbender - Lin Beifong
  • Firebender - Zuko

Composite avatar gets the morals, physicals, agility and speed of Tenzin

R2 - Water Tribe Avatar

• Waterbender - Pakku
  • Earthbender - Xin Fu
  • Firebender - General Iroh - II
  • Airbender - Zaheer (pre-flight)

Composite avatar gets the morals, physicals, agility and speed of Pakku.

R3 - Earth Kingdom Avatar

• Earthbender - Kuvira
  • Firebender - Mako
  • Airbender - Jinorah
  • Waterbender - Tarrlok

Composite Avatar gets the morals, physicals, agility and speed of Kuvira.

R4 - Fire Nation Avatar

• Firebender - Azula
  • Airbender - Opal
  • Waterbender - Hama
  • Earthbender - Suyin Beifong

Composite Avatar gets the morals, physicals, agility and speed of Azula.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq clears

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Korra, Hundan and Adult Aang can defeat him

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loses to the Air Nomad Avatar

Beats the Water Tribe Avatar

Possibly loses to the Earth Kingdom Avatar

Likely beats the Fire Nation Avatar unless Azula's lightning is abused

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Air Nomad Avatar> Fire Nation Avatar> Water Tribe Avatar> Earth Kingdom Avatar

He definitely beats the last two, but the first two will be difficult. Azula's lightning could be an issue if he is connected to water, and the Air Nomad avatar has the highest average rate(Tenzin, Zuko, Lin). He could clear high diff.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ANTHP2000

I see him eventually defeating the Earth Kingdom Avatar. That's it, really, I don't feel like much explanation is necessary for the others; the Water Tribe Avatar has a waterbending master already on Unalaq's level in every category, adding in lightning generation, a great counter to waterbending, to limit his offence and mobility would seal the deal. As for the Fire Nation and the Air Nomad Avatars, the combination of a metalbending master and Azula and Tenzin's prowess respectively, is more than enough to circumvent Unalaq's evnironmental edge. Zuko and, more importantly, Hama's skill sets as support are icing on the cake.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Air Nomad and maybe the Fire Nation Avatars can win. I’d still pick Unalaq over both though.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BigDreamer48

I think can potentially clear all rounds, but the ones I'm stuck on are the fire and air ones.

Round 1: Very well rounded Avatar, but I think location could give it to Unalaq. Tenzin's mobility, Zuko's power, and Lin's skill is a great combination, but in this location, it's really close, and Unalaq's waterbending is much better than Tonraq's. I think I'd lean Unalaq after a tough battle, but I'm not sure about this one.

Round 2: Unalaq wins this one. Xin Fu can be handled easily, Iroh II won't be effective enough, and Zaheer, while mobile, won't be much help with this large scale of water, so it's basically Unalaq vs. Pakku, which I give to Unalaq after a tough one.

Round 3: Again, Tarrlok won't be able to help much, and while Kuvira is skilled, it's not enough. This will be a very solid win for Unalaq.

Round 4: The Fire Nation Avatar could win with a nice shot of lightning. If that doesn't happen, they won't win since no on else's skills are going to be a particular help here (despite Su being awesome), but I could see it happening because Azula probably won't hesitate to kill Unalaq, so I could see him losing.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq should honestly clear this. Air could give him a bit of a problem, however would be beat a vast majority. Noone actually has the speed, physicals or the bending prowess to actually contend with him. Heck, I would say that he could take them all 1v4.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I'm not really going to respond, and I probably shouldn't be asking this in the first place, but,

Heck, I would say that he could take them all 1v4.

I really want to know your reasoning on this.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: By being better...

No more explanation needed...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under these conditions, with an environment that favors waterbenders and a full moon, I could honestly see him clearing them all.

Water tribe avatar might be the toughest, as Pakku's in theory a good match for Unalaq solo. He's just somewhat lacking in the feats department, and the rest of the composite doesn't offer a lot to help.

Air Nomad Avatar is possibly the most well balanced, with Tenzin, Lin, and Zuko all offering solid contributions (Tonraq's decent but we already know he's outclassed by Unalaq). The main problem is, I'm not sure this combination of skills is much better than Korra. I could go either way, this one might actually be the toughest fight/most likely to win. Full moon hurts them though.

He beats the Earth Kingdom Avatar, in this environment Unalaq's raw power is going to be too much for them. Tarrlok could theoretically be problematic-I'd expect a master waterbender strong enough to bloodbend without a full moon to be a powerful opponent, but he just didn't get enough feats to really compete. Kuvira's at an environmental disadvantage, Mako's outclassed, and Jinora's not much of a fighter

Fire Nation avatar also loses. Azula's at an environmental disadvantage, fighting a waterbender in this environment at night under a full moon. Lightning could help but I don't see it being a game changer. Su is also outclassed here, Hama's past her prime, and Opal doesn't offer much that's applicable on this level.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I'm not really going to respond, and I probably shouldn't be asking this in the first place, but,

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@anthp2000 said:

3 Benders in each team is literal fodder.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:
@anthp2000 said:

What non-AS feats does Unalaq have to say he can beat all 4 of these composite characters at once?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: Literally all post-fusion feats. None of these benders have anything that would indicate they are on his level.

The only one that would put up a decent fight is Tenzin and Kuvira, rest is fodder. Unalaq stomps the rest.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The air and FIre avatars have the best chance to beat him, but they are really close fights, the rest lose.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Air Nomad Avatar

• Unalaq has already proven himself superior to Tonraq in just waterbending, but I don't see him dealing with the defense Tenzin can provide coupled with an earthbending master and good fire power from Zuko. The location and conditions are heavily in a waterbenders favour, so he definitely makes this Avatar work for it.

Round 2:Water Tribe Avatar

• Pakku with can already give him a good fight. I'm seeing Unalaq using water spouts and sticking to his source as close as possible, with that in mind, General Iroh II is key here. He offers lightning which is a good counter to someone like Unalaq's fighting choices. It's going to end up being too much for him to deal with. I don't see Xin Fu and Zaheer offering as much help though.

Round 3:Earth Kingdom Avatar

• Unlike the previous Avatar, this one does not have a solid waterbender behind them. In theory, Tarrlok would be very strong, but he is lacking in feats. Jinorah is out of her league. Kuvira's morals allow another possible chance to win with Mako's lightning (like what he did against Ming-Hua), but it's slim. I think Unalaq would carry the majority this round since they would need better defense and especially waterbending defense to pull it off.

Round 4:Fire Nation Avatar

• Hama's waterbending is limited but she's shown enough skill that she can contend here and has Azula's physicals and agility to make up for her main area that she is lacking in. However, I see this Avatar's main winning condition being Azula's lightning. We know her morals are not going to hold her back on this. It is more dependent on if Unalaq stays connected to his water source of course, but based on how he fights, it's highly likely he will go with that technique.
Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Viking1205

@bigdreamer48: @arcus1:, @anthp2000:, @tektonic:, @chloros: Solid reasons guys.

@anthp2000 said:

@viking1205: Very original concepts, keep it going.

Thanks! I'll try my best with the next ones as well.

RL might be the trickiest post of the series, since I might have to make it team vs a composite bender kind of a fight.

@byondeon:

Didn't want to argue in my own thread, but

This is a stretch tbh. Tenzin, Zuko, Lin; Azula, Suyin; are not fodder to him. I am not saying Unalaq would lose to them individually in this location. He'll beat each of them in a one on one in this location, but they're all more than competent enough to put up a fight.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205:

This is a stretch tbh. Tenzin, Zuko, Lin; Azula, Suyin; are not fodder to him. I am not saying Unalaq would lose to them individually in this location. He'll beat each of them in a one on one in this location, but they're all more than competent enough to put up a fight.

Tenzin is the only one not fodder and Azula could put up a decent fight for a fodder...

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see him eventually defeating the Earth Kingdom Avatar. That's it, really, I don't feel like much explanation is necessary for the others; the Water Tribe Avatar has a waterbending master already on Unalaq's level in every category, adding in lightning generation, a great counter to waterbending, to limit his offence and mobility would seal the deal. As for the Fire Nation and the Air Nomad Avatars, the combination of a metalbending master and Azula and Tenzin's prowess respectively, is more than enough to circumvent Unalaq's evnironmental edge. Zuko and, more importantly, Hama's skill sets as support are icing on the cake.

Basically this, I never saw unalaq as powerful even when in DAS, even though he was supposed to be. But no one in the earth kingdom avatar has the power to contend here, kuvira, while swift and precise,would be shook by the mobility advantage he has here and his powerful defense, I'll argue base unalaq being good enough for that without any amp, jinora, while going by status should be very impressive but she just lacks feats a lot, tarrlok makes it worse, the only threat here is mako with his lightning but that wouldn't be a problem as unalaq has a versatile fighting style. He should win, easily if I'm being honest.

The rest of them destroys him.

@viking1205: I'm not getting any notifications and I just found out that I was tagged, I'll suggest creating another taglist (my tags are doing that also).

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:
@anthp2000 said:

What non-AS feats does Unalaq have to say he can beat all 4 of these composite characters at once?

I guess it's your turn to face this now, lol.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@geekryan said:
@byondeon said:
@geekryan said:
@anthp2000 said:

I guess it's your turn to face this now, lol.

I said it. All post-fusion feats...

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1: Neither can give Unalaq a good time besides Tenzin. Tenzin isn't taking a win unless Unalaq is heavily restricted. Zuko, Lin and Tonraq are fodder to Unalaq. Combined honestly Unalaq would take this low-mid diff.

2: Pakku would get destroyed by Pre-Fusion Unalaq. He is fodder to Post-Fusion Unalaq. The rest of his team is literal fodder to Post-Fusion Unalaq. Xin Fu didn't do anything that would put him on even close to fodder Earth Nation soldiers in Kuvira's army. Iroh is fodder since it's not the wise one. And Zaheer lacks skill and power to contend with Unalaq, especially Post-Fusion. Combined, Unalaq take this low-mid diff again.

3: So this is the hardest possibly or second hardest. Tarrlok is a horrible waterbender, however he does have some neat tricks, however those PALE in comparison to Unalaq. Then you have Jinora, who I would say is more skilled than Tenzin, however she isn't as good a fighter as him. I would put her above Zaheer pre-Flight though, but she is still fodder to Unalaq. We know that Mako is fodder to Unalaq Pre-Fusion so Post-Fusion would stomp him. Kuvira pose the biggest threat out of all the other benders of the 16 that are in this, however she isn't taking Unalaq even with all 4 other elements. Combined, Unalaq take this low-mid diff.

4: All in the 4th round is fodder to Unalaq. Azula could last a while due to her mobility but would go down fairly fast. Combined, Unalaq take this low diff.

He would take them all One vs Four or them being 1 person avatar.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ANTHP2000

@aystarr:

I never saw unalaq as powerful even when in DAS, even though he was supposed to be.

Unalaq is unquestionably a top notch waterbender, but I think it is easy to overhype him because, unlike with most benders, he has fought an opponent who pushed him to his limits, if nothing else, in a location that favored his element. So, the majority of his greatest showings originate from one fight, whereas most masters we have seen have shown their finest throughout episodes, seasons, even mediums, and they never had an opportunity to take on a character like Korra in the Avatar State and fight her inside a favorable setting. Another thing that helps is the animation quality of the Legend Of Korra.

I personally don't see why Master Pakku is lacking in feats, or anything. Simply not having access to the on screen quantity of showings the starring characters have does not take away from his impressiveness. He was described as, canonically, the greatest waterbender in the world during the series. Katara only really seemed to surpass his prowess by the time she reached the Fire Nation, even moreso after training with Hama. Pakku's waterbending has been compared to waterbending in the Avatar State in the Extras for Book 1, and Pakku's showings of power during Sozin's Comet were exceptional. Pakku raised a wave that levelled above Ba Sing Se's multi-story towers while Iroh was burning down the Fire Nation insignia from the Palace. Even Aang overpowered one of Ozai's firebending moves using waterbending, and all this was performed in a setting that severely weakened waterbenders. As for his battle with the Fire Nation in the North Pole, while he was fighting under the effects of a full moon, I don't see why it'd matter that much; for one, the full moon will simply amplify the power of the waterbender, it won't allow them to master newfound techniques. For another, people forget that Pakku's use of the spout, his slicing attacks, his icebending, they were all sourcing from snow, not actual water. He used snow to cut through steel, and to boost himself inside a spinning vortex - I personally think this would cancel out the fact that the natural conditions favored him at the time, given how much harder snow, its speed and its pressure would be to manipulate this way.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

I never saw unalaq as powerful even when in DAS, even though he was supposed to be.

Not sure about that, I always saw Unalaq among the top tier of waterbenders from LoK, but I can see what you mean here.

But no one in the earth kingdom avatar has the power to contend here

Seems to be the general consensus in this thread as well. Mostly people are divided on the fire and water while almost everyone are sure the air nomad avatar would secure a victory.

I'm not getting any notifications and I just found out that I was tagged, I'll suggest creating another taglist (my tags are doing that also).

That's weird. I don't know why you didn't get a notification. Also, I don't have a saved tag list or sort of a thing, I just tag the names in the order I remember/interacted with here in CV.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

Unalaq is unquestionably a top notch waterbender, but I think it is easy to overhype him because, unlike with most benders, he has fought an opponent who pushed him to his limits, if nothing else, in a location that favored his element. So, the majority of his greatest showings originate from one fight, whereas most masters we have seen have shown their finest throughout episodes, seasons, even mediums, and they never had an opportunity to take on a character like Korra in the Avatar State and fight her inside a favorable setting. Another thing that helps is the animation quality of the Legend Of Korra.

It's the villain effect, and this is the same thing going on with kuvira and zaheer. It's psychological and something we can't escape. even when we realize it, we still tend to put them on higher ground than they should be at, just that some either don't realize it or don't feel psychologically comfortable with the thought so they overhype them.

E.g kuvira being a tier higher than the beifong sisters, unalaq being the best waterbender despite having no power,versatility, or relatively enough skill feats to backup that claim.

I personally don't see why Master Pakku is lacking in feats, or anything. Simply not having access to the on screen quantity of showings the starring characters have does not take away from his impressiveness. He was described as, canonically, the greatest waterbender in the world during the series. Katara only really seemed to surpass his prowess by the time she reached the Fire Nation, even moreso after training with Hama. Pakku's waterbending has been compared to waterbending in the Avatar State in the Extras for Book 1, and Pakku's showings of power during Sozin's Comet were exceptional. Pakku raised a wave that levelled above Ba Sing Se's multi-story towers while Iroh was burning down the Fire Nation insignia from the Palace. Even Aang overpowered one of Ozai's firebending moves using waterbending, and all this was performed in a setting that severely weakened waterbenders. As for his battle with the Fire Nation in the North Pole, while he was fighting under the effects of a full moon, I don't see why it'd matter that much; for one, the full moon will simply amplify the power of the waterbender, it won't allow them to master newfound techniques. For another, people forget that Pakku's use of the spout, his slicing attacks, his icebending, they were all sourcing from snow, not actual water. He used snow to cut through steel, and to boost himself inside a spinning vortex - I personally think this would cancel out the fact that the natural conditions favored him at the time, given how much harder snow, its speed and its pressure would be to manipulate this way.

And here I was being shunned when I was making a case for pakku against unalaq. I also thought unalaq was tiers better before but when I started to ask myself and compare feats, there was literally no reason behind it.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

It might be more than a villain effect; might be a cast thing. The story revolves around the protagonist, the antagonist and a central cast - in most cases that is the Avatar, the villain of the season, and Team Avatar. This goes for both shows.

To be frank, the more I reviewed the series, the more I focused on the supporting cast. That is, the White Lotus, the secondary villains, characters from the past, the adults of Korra's era, and so on. I do think they were always meant to be some true highlights themselves when it comes to bending ability, skill, experience. Even when they are being pushed aside to establish the villain of the season, or members of the main cast and raise the stakes, the writers are not disrespectful to them. There is always heavy context that I think people might miss occasionally.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off topic but for a bland and unlikable character Unalaq has a fantastic aesthetic for fan art purposes like the OP.

No Caption Provided

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: thats an excellent artwork. Kudos to whoever created it!

If you don't mind, can I use it in any upcoming posts involving the character?

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: thats an excellent artwork. Kudos to whoever created it!

If you don't mind, can I use it in any upcoming posts involving the character?

Why of course sir, god knows I have no say and you would probably match it with a great thread as well.