ATLA - Alternate finale: Avatar Aang and Grand Lotus Iroh vs Firelord Azula and Phoenix KingOzai

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By viking1205
Grand Lotus Iroh, Phoenix King Ozai, Firelord Azula, Avatar Aang
Grand Lotus Iroh, Phoenix King Ozai, Firelord Azula, Avatar Aang

All the events up until the Gaang searching for Iroh remains the same, but in this reality, Zuko and team Avatar are able to convince Iroh to fight his brother to end the war, while the rest of the plan remains the same. But their calculation was slightly incorrect as Ozai himself stays for Azula's coronation and takes her alongside him on his quest during the great comet's return. Aang and Iroh meet each other in Wulong Forest hours before the fire nation fleet arrives, already infiltrated by Sokka, Suki and Toph. Circumstances of the battle are similar to the original occurrence. Aang/Iroh bring down Ozai/Azula's ships and challenge them for the final confrontation.

Rules:

• Aang is as he was when he confronted Ozai. He could bend all four elements but his connection to the past lives is cut off, unless a magical rock activates the AS, by accident/PIS.
  • Iroh firmly believes his brother and his niece should go down for the world's safety.

Round - 1:

• Aang's morals remain the same as it was in the finale.
  • Mai and Ty Lee have betrayed Azula, but she hasn't completely fallen into insanity since she has come alongside her father according to their plans.

Round - 2:

• Aang believes there is no way other than killing Ozai that would end the war and is ready to do that/wouldn't let his morals prevent him from killing the Firelord.
  • Azula is fully sane, as she was before Mai and Ty Lee's betrayal.

No Caption Provided

mejames255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mejames255

Believe it or not, Aang not having the Avatar State means that Iroh (with Comet amp) is the ace on his team. So in that case, I have Iroh taking on Ozai and Aang taking on Azula.

Iroh is equal to Ozai (due to comparable comet feats and implications that Iroh would have evenly matched Ozai) so it would come down to Aang and Azula. I think it is safe to say that Aang is above Azula due to the fact that Azula scales more to Toph who I don't think anyone would say is better than EOS Aang. And a comet amp isn't so impressive to the point where she would now be able to take on a fully realized Avatar. So Aang wins against Azula. So that means that Iroh and Aang win both rounds.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By macattack1

AS Aang >> SC Ozai >/= SC Iroh > Aang > sane SC Azula > insane SC Azula.

If Aang doesn’t activate Avatar state due to PIS then his team still win. either Iroh can hold off Ozai for long enough for Aang to defeat Azula then they can defeat Ozai together. Or Aang can hold off Ozai for long enough for Iroh to defeat Azula and then again they can defeat Ozai together. Azula is good but was never on the level of Iroh or Ozai or EOS Aang as so is the weak link here.

And if Aang does activate the avatar state then Iroh isn’t even needed for it to be one sided in Aang’s favour.

As for the different rounds, I think the outcomes would be exactly the same just slightly varying difficulties for each team.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Azronger

@viking1205: Tags work for me on mobile. Did you receive this?

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: I received your tag, but copying and pasting on mobile doesn't seem to work

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Azronger

@viking1205: You need to add a colon after every tag on mobile. It should work then.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aystarr

I'm assuming ozai knows the other team can redirect Lightning.

I feel like Ozai and Azula should win Round 1,

I still don't think aang would've defeated comet ozai without the AS, comet azula would do very well to hold her own against Iroh. Azula's insanity is always overplayed.

They win Round 2 for the same reasons as above.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cocacolaman  Moderator

Ignoring the possibility of the Avatar State, either royal lose the second they use lightning on Iroh (or, in round 2, Aang.) Even if they somehow can't direct it back on the person who shot it, they can cheap shot whoever is fighting the other. And in round 1, I think Aang would beat Insane Azula in a hard fight anyway.