A.T.I.A.P.T.F: Joygirl vs Mr_Ingenuity

Avatar image for deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06
deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DISCLAIMER: All matches are chosen RANDOMLY, so if a match is spite and/or a mismatch, please don't go ballistic on me. Thank you.

Anyways, here's how it will work.

1. The contestants will take turns to either provide reasons why their character wins, or counter their opponents reason.

2. When I feel they've debated enough, I will tell them to stop.

3. Users other than the combatants will then vote for who they feel had the best argument. First to 5 votes advances (If you're biased or anything of the sort, I won't count your vote).

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

15 minutes of prep.

Full knowledge for both.

In-Character. (However the will to not kill is removed if needed)

Winner by Death.

Fight takes place here:

No Caption Provided
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By laflux

I haven't seen Joy-girl in action yet, so this should be interesting.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Joygirl

Hey guys, I am super interested, but just a heads-up -- I am out of power right now and my phone is dying, but I will absolutely rock the mike up in this hizzy sometime tomorrow. My comment for the moment (as I know NOTHING about who I'm up against): Black Alice WINS.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mr_ingenuity

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

How can one such as myself join this tournament?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl: If you would like you may make the opening debate. My character is more of a berserker & has no prep feats what so ever.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joygirl

Well, for starts, Lori is incredibly flexible in that she can steal (with limited finesse) the magical powers of literally any character, whether or not they are nearby. And despite her rep as a "kid with no control", she is actually a skilled and trained magic-user and has shown incredible aptness with various powers, and has even stolen the abilities of the Spectre himself (though she is limited for this contest).

She is also full of rage and, with her kill-switch turned on as the OP states, will go for a kill right off the bat, probably using powers she has already used. Right off the bat she has options like stealing the abilities of Jeannette or Silver Banshee, and immediately using a scream that was capable of putting Wonder Woman down. In addition, stealing Misfit's powers would grant her enhanced physical attributes, a healing factor, and the ability to teleport -- most important factor to that being that she can grab someone and teleport with them, causing them to violently explode and (generally) instantly die. She used this power on who I can only assume was Granny Goodness in a human disguise and turned her into chunky salsa.

Prep time will give her an opportunity to weigh and consider the powers she could steal, and locate them, so that immediately upon entering combat she can yank out a method of destroying her competitor. Depending on which universes she is allowed to steal from (and how powerful she is allowed to steal from) it isn't inconcievable that she could take the powers of someone like Scarlet Witch.

I don't suppose your character's powers are magical by any nature, are they?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl: Yes his standard version would be considered a substitute death god,IDK what you could consider a hollow in real terms but I would say he's a spiritual being.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joygirl

Then I'd give Alice a 90% of being able to usurp his powers and slaughter him with them, having stolen from the likes of Etrigan, Blue Devil, Black Adam, Spectre, etc. Even if outright stealing from him is ruled out (Stingerrain?) she may still be able to defeat him depending on what he is capable of.

She is even capable of stealing two powersets at once, so stealing from say, Misfit and Zatanna, would make her really really dangerous (again, I'm not sure of her limits in this contest. Stealing from Etrigan, Wonder Woman, Spectre, Black Adam, etc., will pretty much hand her the win).

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl:

Here's the Official rules.

CHARACTER RESTRICTIONS:

- This is a Mid-Level tournament; meaning all characters are recommended to be above Street Level, but characters such as Hulk, Superman, Thor, etc. are restricted.

- This is a mixed tournament; you're allowed to pick a character from any media.

- No Destructive Capacity exceeding Mountain Level.

- No Speed exceeding Hypersonic+.

- No Durability exceeding Mountain Level.

- No telepathy users greater than Emma Frost.

- No overly powerful exotic abilities (mindrape, soulrape, etc.)

- No Immortal characters (unless there is a way around their immortality).

Here is some questions I had on magic.

@Stingerrain said:

@Mr_Ingenuity: Oh and low level magic is fine as well, just nothing that's too overpowered like the Killing Curse from Harry Potter (I'm aware it can be avoided easily, but still).

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

Healing, illusion, defense, & summoning nothing major.

This was all for another character in mind.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joygirl

Still leaves a lot of wiggle-room for Alice (Raven's powers, for example). You still haven't mentioned what this Hollow guy can do.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl: I was planing on setting that up with in my rebuttal.

My character is a berserker so any need for morals were out.

He has many abilities but with his nature will not use most of them. Most important ones are regeneration, super-speed, flight, durability, super-strength (no lifting feats, but has power full strikes), and energy blast aka cero (that could level city blocks).

I have detailed video analysis in my next post.

He first attack would be a blitz being capable of moving faster than the eye can see he would go for a behind the back amputation, decapitation, or cero which ever is possible. He would undoubtedly try this more than once if his enemy is distracted (his main tactic he against some one with speed on par with his speed).

But unlike most berserkers he won't tank attacks but counter or dodge based on severity.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joygirl

@Mr_Ingenuity: Blitz would be a big help for Ichigo.

IF we didn't start out with full awareness of the other's powers.

Now, assuming (and this is a bad assumption) that Lori can't steal Ichigo's powers right out the gate (because she probably can), she'll know how fast he is, she'll know his powerset approximately. She'll pick a brick -- maybeeee... Wonder Girl?

No Caption Provided

That will keep her in the game, dodging and tanking attacks, for long enough to nab another caster's power -- again, her best bets are probably:

Raven: Advanced sorcery, empathy, teleportation, healing. Unless Ichigo is somehow immune she may just be able to mindr*** him.

Misfit: Healing factor, enhanced physical attributes, teleportation that kills anyone who rides along. She can dodge, tank, 'port, 'port back, grab him, 'port out, and leave him a pile of goo upon exit.

or,

Zatanna: "Hsinab ogihcI!" or something along those lines.

What's beautiful about Alice is that her character is perfect for battles. Her main tactic is to bounce between as many powersets as she needs until she finds one that works, and she'll be able to psychically locate whoever has the maximum levels of powers she can use. She's ruthless and efficient, willing to use multiple powersets at once, and just outright destructive. That, coupled with her skill and versatility, makes this a pretty sure thing for her.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl:

Here is his first Hollow transformation.

Start @ 3:58

Although he is not as vicious, fast, strong, nor has the the same regeneration it's a great starting point.

It should as be noted that every time he leaves this state he as to heal the hole in his chest.

Another appearance but short lived. @ 4:05

Clear showing fr the scope of his blast.

Now his only combat feats are in these videos so I reference these from time to time. @ 1:00

Minutes before this video Ulquiorra blows a hole in Ichigo's chest so his hollow side take over (kind of a plot device to keep the main character alive). For the sake of plot there is a fair amont of talking, in a fight it would be continual blitzing & power spamming. But he shows a heavy amount of blitzing in the video so that should be clear.

This video is not so much as combat but shows durability and regeneration. Tanking his own blast & healing his chest once again.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joygirl

@Mr_Ingenuity: So by "blitzing" you're talking about all of those little flash-jumps he does? I'm not sure I'd call that blitzing, more just very short teleports. Most of the time he isn't even moving that quickly, just generally hacking and chopping like a psychopath.

His durability/healing is drastically unimportant here. All Alice has to do is grab him and 'port with him, and I seriously doubt that he'll be able to heal back from "pile of guts", unless you think he's more powerful than Granny Goodness. ;)

I think the first few seconds may be a decent fight depending on what form Alice chooses. But once she goes for the killshot I don't really see this guy being able to handle the destructive power she holds.

Even if she can steal from someone like Wonder Girl (not sure if she's too powerful), Alice will be able to beat this guy in hand-to-hand. He looks tough, just not tough enough.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl said:

So by "blitzing" you're talking about all of those little flash-jumps he does? I'm not sure I'd call that blitzing, more just very short teleports. Most of the time he isn't even moving that quickly, just generally hacking and chopping like a psychopath.

He is physical running most of the time he preforms that move (not counting flight) so it's not teleporting. I could give you a video on him doing it at normal form, creating after images. That why I noted he is berserker but has notable differences to the common berserkers.

His durability/healing is drastically unimportant here. All Alice has to do is grab him and 'port with him, and I seriously doubt that he'll be able to heal back from "pile of guts", unless you think he's more powerful than Granny Goodness. ;)

It sounds like the perfect instakill move can she catch him, it would be nice for scans of her combat speed/reflexes.

I think the first few seconds may be a decent fight depending on what form Alice chooses. But once she goes for the killshot I don't really see this guy being able to handle the destructive power she holds.

While I understand the the broken ability that is move stealing. I don't know specifically know what powers she will have right from the start that gives her a specific edge or her ability to use them. Not doubting she has them but using them for combat in-character would be the good feats to go by.

Even if she can steal from someone like Wonder Girl (not sure if she's too powerful), Alice will be able to beat this guy in hand-to-hand. He looks tough, just not tough enough.

I agree that Alice should win under any other terms most of the people you named could solo the bleachverse, but with a considerable nerf what powers does she have.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joygirl
He is physical running most of the time he preforms that move (not counting flight) so it's not teleporting. I could give you a video on him doing it at normal form, creating after images. That why I noted he is berserker but has notable differences to the common berserkers.

He is running, yes, but, he only gets his after-images in short spurts as far as I noticed, making it seem more like a ninja flash-step than actual superspeed.

It sounds like the perfect instakill move can she catch him, it would be nice for scans of her combat speed/reflexes.

She has none. Her one and only power is power-theft, so she has no combat speed or reflexes beyond that of a teenage girl unless she steals some from someone else, which she very easily can.

If she stole only Misfit's powers -- Misfit has the combat speed with her teleportation to outmaneuver Gizmo (with his jetpack) and multiple low-tier villains that beat Manhunter without even a scratch, and pummel them all into unconsciousness WITHOUT using her splatter ability (since it's against her morals). When Alice stole Misfit's powers in Birds of Prey #118 she used them perfectly, and with the splatter effect since she didn't know about it.

While I understand the the broken ability that is move stealing. I don't know specifically know what powers she will have right from the start that gives her a specific edge or her ability to use them. Not doubting she has them but using them for combat in-character would be the good feats to go by.

I'm not totally sure what you mean here, are you referencing how quickly she can power-steal? Because she was able to steal Wonder Woman's powers with Cheetah in the room, and stole them quickly enough to not get blitzed.

I agree that Alice should win under any other terms most of the people you named could solo the bleachverse, but with a considerable nerf what powers does she have.

As I said, without the powers of others, she has no powers. The nerf she gets in this battle is that she can only rob characters within the battle's limits, which includes a very large number that should be able to beat Ichigo pretty easily.

@Mr_Ingenuity:

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joygirl

Oh, also, Banshee powers = killshot, or at least knockout.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl:

Here is the video it's good to watch the whole thing.

Note: that the cherry blossoms are actually millions of tiny razor blades that reflect the light giving that them image. So fanning them away is a notable feat.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Joygirl

@Mr_Ingenuity: Your big comeback is another video...? *sigh* Okay, give me a minute.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl: I'm a on trick pony for this debate, sorry.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Joygirl

@Mr_Ingenuity: I can't believe I just watched a 10 minute video to see feats for a character that isn't in this battle.

Black Alice wins. I haven't seen anything H2 Ichigo can do that she can't easily counter by using the powers of Misfit, Raven, Zatanna, Wonder Girl, Blue Devil, etc. The guy looks fast, and tough, don't get me wrong. But she can steal the powers of someone who's better and turn him into a pile of goop and innards.

No Caption Provided

This occurs.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl said:

I can't believe I just watched a 10 minute video to see feats for a character that isn't in this battle.

I do not know what you mean Ichigo & Hollow Ichigo have the same power set but different mind sets the latter is berserker.

Black Alice wins. I haven't seen anything H2 Ichigo can do that she can't easily counter by using the powers of Misfit, Raven, Zatanna, Wonder Girl, Blue Devil, etc. The guy looks fast, and tough, don't get me wrong. But she can steal the powers of someone who's better and turn him into a pile of goop and innards.

One again I understand that she can out class him in a number of ways (barring the rules). May I see scans of her preforming their combat feats or is it a power she may use based on power sets alone.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Joygirl

@Mr_Ingenuity:

I do not know what you mean Ichigo & Hollow Ichigo have the same power set but different mind sets the latter is berserker.

Mindset means everything. The clip you used showed Ichigo using a great deal of finesse, using his speed to its full ability. Hollow didn't, he used small blips but mostly just went "RAAAARGH" and ran in, which is fine. But feats for one is not feats for another.

One again I understand that she can out class him in a number of ways (barring the rules). May I see scans of her preforming their combat feats or is it a power she may use based on power sets alone.

Barring the rules? >.> Everything I've listed (except MAYBE Wonder Girl) is solidly within the rules.

She doesn't have a ton of scans and I have difficulty getting them on my laptop. But yeah, the powers she uses are based on which power set she takes. However, as of yet (with the exception of Dr. Occult, she claimed his powers were very complex, and she accidentally misused Raven's at one time) she has never shown any challenge in using anyone's powers.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl:

Mindset means everything. The clip you used showed Ichigo using a great deal of finesse, using his speed to its full ability. Hollow didn't, he used small blips but mostly just went "RAAAARGH" and ran in, which is fine. But feats for one is not feats for another.

It's not how he's doing it it's who he's using it against. I could go into speed ranking on the bleachverse but that would take a lot of video I don't have time to research, but simply put the guy he is blitzing was hacking up Ichigo a few episodes before.

Barring the rules? >.> Everything I've listed (except MAYBE Wonder Girl) is solidly within the rules.
She doesn't have a ton of scans and I have difficulty getting them on my laptop. But yeah, the powers she uses are based on which power set she takes. However, as of yet (with the exception of Dr. Occult, she claimed his powers were very complex, and she accidentally misused Raven's at one time) she has never shown any challenge in using anyone's powers.

Not trying to be annoying but going solely off your word this should equate to mismatch based on stats.

So I do not mind going in to votes. It was a nice debate.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joygirl

@Mr_Ingenuity: Well sadly I haven't read every one of her appearances. I offered a scan of her using the explode-move so you know that's real. And everything I've cited I've read, and can offer issue number for. Wikipedia also offers the list of people she's stolen from.

But, if you're ready to go to votes, so am I.

Nice debate. ^_^

?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright then, If you wish to proceed to the voting segment, so be it.

Viners, who do you feel had the best argument? Leave a comment with the name of who you think won this debate. (If possible, leave a short reason as well)

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl: No doubt you've done your research/reading but I would have loved to see scans it helps me learn the character and I have found allot of comics to read by debating characters.

(•‿•)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Joygirl

@Mr_Ingenuity: Like I said, my laptop... well, sucks at scanning things. The one I got I had a friend get. I can google them I suppose.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By laflux

Nice debate but........ Joygirl ftw.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Joygirl
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1. Alice accidentally steals Misfit's powers just by touching her,

2. Alice stealing Spectre's (omnipotent being of wrath) powers.

3. Alice locating someone from afar -- and stealing his powers.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By StarKiller809

Joygirl for the win.

She really supported her ideas well and really gives you several different ways that Black Alice would win.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mr_ingenuity

Votes please. (•‿•)

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Joygirl

SecretKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By SecretKnight

I think that Joygirl made better points for Black Alice to win so my vote goes to her.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#36  Edited By wildvine

Joygirl made a better argument.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Joygirl

@Stingerrain: I just won.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl: Indeed you did.

Congrats, you're going to Round 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl: is it okay if you check my battle and tell me who you think wins so far?

@wildvine: I like the avatar :)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Joygirl

@joeagentofhand1: Surez, I didn't know you had one up.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Esquire

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

How can one such as myself join this tournament?

You have to sign up for them. There are sign-up threads for various tourneys floating around the battle forums every few days.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Joygirl

"I want to be that thing in the dark that they're afraid of. When they reach out to hit the lights, I want to sink my teeth into their fingers. I want them to scream so only I can hear them. But more than anything else... I want to see them cry. I want to make them say they're sorry." -- Black Alice.

Mwahhahaha.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Joygirl

Black Alice inhaled quietly as the gates to the battlefield opened. She could see her opponent on the far side of the far, dusty stretch of sand that was to be their arena, eldritch and arcane energies already surrounding him, twisting him into some sort of monster that not even she could recognize.

Chaotic shrieks of a language she could not understand heralded the creature's coming, a thick column of flesh trailing behind it like some kind of massive, sickening tail. The sword the beast held would have frightened her, honestly -- if she couldn't already sense the power emanating from him. The hollow creature -- whatever energy propelled it, whatever dark sorcery had made it the way it was -- it was magical in nature.

A slow, confident smile crossed the teenage goth's lips. He was moving so fast across the expanse of desert her human eyes could barely even detect him. But her soul could. Her mind reached out against the incoming hurricane of dark magic, felt it against the walls of her heart, then clasped it.

Clasped it and squeezed.

The hollow creature collapsed at her feet before it reached her, leaving a blonde-haired man on his knees, his chest pulsing with the thick wound that had forged itself in his body. He was helpless to her power, merely a tool to use.

Hollow Alice's lips twisted into a malicious, black-lipped snarl.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Joygirl said:

Black Alice inhaled quietly as the gates to the battlefield opened. She could see her opponent on the far side of the far, dusty stretch of sand that was to be their arena, eldritch and arcane energies already surrounding him, twisting him into some sort of monster that not even she could recognize.

Chaotic shrieks of a language she could not understand heralded the creature's coming, a thick column of flesh trailing behind it like some kind of massive, sickening tail. The sword the beast held would have frightened her, honestly -- if she couldn't already sense the power emanating from him. The hollow creature -- whatever energy propelled it, whatever dark sorcery had made it the way it was -- it was magical in nature.

A slow, confident smile crossed the teenage goth's lips. He was moving so fast across the expanse of desert her human eyes could barely even detect him. But her soul could. Her mind reached out against the incoming hurricane of dark magic, felt it against the walls of her heart, then clasped it.

Clasped it and squeezed.

The hollow creature collapsed at her feet before it reached her, leaving a blonde-haired man on his knees, his chest pulsing with the thick wound that had forged itself in his body. He was helpless to her power, merely a tool to use.

The demon known as Violator watches from the distance. "Hello Vindicator, I think we have found our new warrior in hell's army." Violator walks up to the dead teenagers body. "Weak and common like the rest of your society! Nothing compared to a true native of hell!" He keeps on kicking the dead body. A twisted smile appears on the clown demons face. He knows that Al is back to life......

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mr_ingenuity

@Joygirl said:

Clasped it and squeezed.

Dat FanFic

No Caption Provided