Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theshinygible
Connor
Connor

Altair vs. Ezio vs. Connor vs. Edward

A four-way duel to the death to see who truly was the best assassin!

Each fighter has his standard gear. The combatants CAN use hiding spots like hay, leaves, wells, etc. but this is not a fight about who can sneak up on the other one.

Also, each fighter is in his physical prime. This is Ezio around mid-AC2.

As for my prediction, I have to go with Connor. He may not be the sneakiest but he seems to be the best fighter. Not to mention that none of his opponents have ever really been used to a tomahawk wielding foe. He's fought people with swords. Plus, he's the most physically fit. And I realize that not everybody likes Connor but that is my opinion.

With that out of the way, let's start this battle started!

Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Ezio Auditore
Ezio Auditore
Edward Kenway
Edward Kenway

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By swils94

Edward Kenway based on more feats with gear.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Altair

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Altair

Standard gear? I think he's the first to go.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: He's got throwing knives, his own Altair's sword, his short blade and hidden blade. Plus he's the best at stealth of them all. I think he could take it. My second bet is Ezio. Edward would be the first to die.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the Apple standard gear for Altair? If so, he solos. If not, Edward. He's probably the most skilled, as well as the toughest. Connor might have the physical edge, but I would say Edward's skill makes up for it.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94:

Yeah, lol. Although, Ezio did pretty well with Altair's armor.

However, I don't think Edward would win. He was killed by common mercenaries.

Leo-343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ezio.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: He's got throwing knives, his own Altair's sword, his short blade and hidden blade. Plus he's the best at stealth of them all. I think he could take it. My second bet is Ezio. Edward would be the first to die.

Ezio, Edward and Connor have more gear than Altair, and Altair is far from the stealthiest based on feats.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven:

No, I believe Altair only used the apple a few times.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By swils94

@swils94:

Yeah, lol. Although, Ezio did pretty well with Altair's armor.

However, I don't think Edward would win. He was killed by common mercenaries.

1. They weren't common mercs, they were assassins.

2. Edward was in his 50s. Way past his prime.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: Having more gear doesn't equal to winning. And Altair is more skilled than all three of them. He's taken on 10 Templars without being hit, and a whole army without being hit. He went through AC1 without being hit. I think his stealth is the better than Ezio, Connor and especially Edward

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Frisky4

Altair, from the first game.

IIRC, AC Bloodlines had him killing blitzing witches.

People saying Edward have evidently only played Black Fa

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94:

According to the Assassin's Creed Wiki, Edward was not in his 50, he was 42. Yes, past his prime, but way before his old age takes over. Achilles stealthily killed mercenaries in his 60's or 70's. And if the wiki was right, they were mercs. Even if they were mercs hired by Templars, they were still mercs.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: Altair also assassinated people when he was 82

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush:

Altair even lived to be 92. But I don't remember whether or not he was still an active fighter during that time.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: Having more gear doesn't equal to winning. And Altair is more skilled than all three of them. He's taken on 10 Templars without being hit, and a whole army without being hit. He went through AC1 without being hit. I think his stealth is the better than Ezio, Connor and especially Edward

Altair isn't winning against three other people who have superior gear.

Connor and Edward have guns.

May be more skilled against fodder but against other assassins who have feats, he's not taking them.

Prove Altair is more stealthy

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theshinygible: I don't think he was. i think he was just interested in the Apple, his family and being mentor of the assassins

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94:

According to the Assassin's Creed Wiki, Edward was not in his 50, he was 42. Yes, past his prime, but way before his old age takes over. Achilles stealthily killed mercenaries in his 60's or 70's. And if the wiki was right, they were mercs. Even if they were mercs hired by Templars, they were still mercs.

Its true. They were mercs, notable ones at that. Edward was still capable of moving faster than a blink of an eye to save his wife. He also put up a decent fight and took down a few of them before eventually dying.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he wasn't. He disarmed a few rookies and shot Abbas from a distance. Nothing he couldn't do in his prime, so why bother bringing it up?

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward is the least trained, he'd probably be taken out right away.

Altair is during the middle ages and so his weaponry is highly inferior to those of Ezio's and Connor's. He's out.

When it's up to Ezio and Connor...huh, that's tough.

A little past his physical prime, Ezio beat up a 60 year old man. The rest of his fights were mainly assassinations. In Connor's physical prime, he was injured from a wound from a cannon then defeated someone who was his equal in skill. Close, but I'm sticking with Connor.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: I already gave his best stealth feat, going through AC1 without being hit. Sure he was in fights, but he mainly assassinated his targets without being spotted until they were dead. There was plenty of times when Ezio's targets and Connors targets noticed them. I'm not even gonna mention Edward's stealth...

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward may not have official assassin training but he's taken out Duncan Walpole who was an undercover Templar, he's taken out assassins while protecting that Spanish guy and he's snuck through an assassin hq to get to James Kidd.

He's obviously trained.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush:

Excellent point. But I think there was one time where he was noticed. It was when he was going to assassinate the guy on the ship (I forget his name). The guy mentions an assassin and says he'll take care of it himself.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94:

Trained, yes. But by far the least trained.

Altair was born into the order. Ezio started at age 17 and was active until he was, what, 55? And Connor came as a 14 year old and was able to kill a military general only three years later.

Edward was trained. But he got far less training than the rest.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94 said:

@notatreeabush said:

No he wasn't. He disarmed a few rookies and shot Abbas from a distance. Nothing he couldn't do in his prime, so why bother bringing it up?

Loading Video...

Altair killen some foos at age 82

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: I already gave his best stealth feat, going through AC1 without being hit. Sure he was in fights, but he mainly assassinated his targets without being spotted until they were dead. There was plenty of times when Ezio's targets and Connors targets noticed them. I'm not even gonna mention Edward's stealth...

That isn't a stealth feat. Infiltrating Cesare's castle and escaping with Caterina unnoticed is a stealth feat. Connor making it passed a redcoat army and taking out Pitcairn is a stealth feat. Edward infiltrating an island filled with assassins to get to Captain Kidd is a stealth feat. Altair alerted the entire city every time he killed a main target. Give me a SPECIFIC stealth feat to suggest Altair is the stealthiest assassin.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94:

Trained, yes. But by far the least trained.

Altair was born into the order. Ezio started at age 17 and was active until he was, what, 55? And Connor came as a 14 year old and was able to kill a military general only three years later.

Edward was trained. But he got far less training than the rest.

His feats speak for himself. The others may have been officially trained, but it doesn't make them more impressive.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: I don't see how that's not a stealth feat, of course the whole city is going to be alerted when one of the most important people get's killed. Don't tell me that no one was alerted after they found the bodies of those people you mentioned.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: Altair was Master Assassin at age 25

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: I don't see how that's not a stealth feat, of course the whole city is going to be alerted when one of the most important people get's killed. Don't tell me that no one was alerted after they found the bodies of those people you mentioned.

Stealth is about infiltration and taking the target out before they've been noticed. More times than not, Altair alerted his targets before he even got a blade out. Ezio, Connor and Edward have successfully approached their target without notice and have also left the scene without much panic more times than Altair has.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: Altair was Master Assassin at age 25

So? Achieving mastery is much harder in a day with technological advancements.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NotATreeABush

@swils94: Altair took out his targets without being spotted until they died, which was inevitable since they were out in the open most of the time, around people. All 3 of the other assassins have been noticed before the death of their targets more than Altair.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: Don't throw out a feat just because of the date it was set.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: Altair took out his targets without being spotted until they died, which was inevitable since they were out in the open most of the time, around people. All 3 of the other assassins have been noticed before the death of their targets more than Altair.

Prove it. Show me one video of Altair sneaking up and successfully killing his target before being spotted and I'll show you three videos of Ezio, Connor and Edward doing it more impressively. Show me an impressive feat.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Conner, handily because he would be able to research his opponents and study while all their moves. While the other Assasins can't research everyone else

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By swils94

@swils94: Don't throw out a feat just because of the date it was set.

Not throwing out the feat. I'm just saying its a silly way to justify why Altair is the best. Has he ever seen a musket or bombs or taken on ships? He's a master at 25. As if he has learned everything about what gear the other three assassins are packing.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By theshinygible

@swils94: But what were his feats? Honestly, if we're going by feats alone, only Edward is unimpressive. At least during their primes. Altair was mostly stealthy but he also defeated a foe with the apple. Ezio was the same way except he LOST a foe with the apple. Connor's one major fight was against Haytham, which was pretty impressive considering the circumstances. And while most of the Tyranny of King Washington DLC never happened, it would have if George Washington kept the apple. Which means that Connor would first survive a bayonet wound and getting shot with the same musket and then would later (with some supernatural help) defeat a foe with the apple. What did Edward do?

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94 said:

@notatreeabush said:

Prove it. Show me one video of Altair sneaking up and successfully killing his target before being spotted and I'll show you three videos of Ezio, Connor and Edward doing it more impressively. Show me an impressive feat.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

These are the only videos I could find on YouTube, but there IS more.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not touching this with a 10-foot pole.

I like my coffee how I like myself, Dark, bitter, and too hot for you.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: in altair's defense he has seen firearms

And he knows about smoke bombs at the least

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4:

Why? Worried you're going to start a fan war? I'm afraid I already have.

*Anakin voice*

What have I done?!?

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NotATreeABush

@bluejay4: You touched the post as soon as you posted that reply

No Caption Provided

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999:

I feel like he may have. But when? And it wouldn't make any sense, either. Gunpowder wasn't invented until 1200's China.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theshinygible:

I have my reasons.

I like my coffee how I like myself, Dark, bitter, and too hot for you.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@theshinygible: um

Ac1 took place in 1192 when Altair was in his 20s

Pretty sure he'd hear of firearms

He even mentions it in the codex

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999:

Somehow I forgot about that. Whoops.

swils94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swils94: But what were his feats? Honestly, if we're going by feats alone, only Edward is unimpressive. At least during their primes. Altair was mostly stealthy but he also defeated a foe with the apple. Ezio was the same way except he LOST a foe with the apple. Connor's one major fight was against Haytham, which was pretty impressive considering the circumstances. And while most of the Tyranny of King Washington DLC never happened, it would have if George Washington kept the apple. Which means that Connor would first survive a bayonet wound and getting shot with the same musket and then would later (with some supernatural help) defeat a foe with the apple. What did Edward do?

No idea what you're asking for here. What feats do you want?

@swils94 said:

@notatreeabush said:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

These are the only videos I could find on YouTube, but there IS more.

Not impressed. All Altair did was infiltrate, subtly walk up behind his targets, kill them and run away.

Loading Video...

This feat alone dwarfs those feats. Connor passes through a battle field and assassinates John Pitcairn while remaining undetected from a flagpole. If you get detected in this mission, you desync. Altair can approach anyone of his missions and engage in fights without desynching.

Loading Video...

Assassinates Tarik undetected. Prior to this mission Ezio had to acquire the Janissary uniform which he did while also remaining undetected.

Loading Video...

Edward assassinates Du Casse. He has to remain unnoticed throughout the island and air assassinate Du Casse.

There you go

Way better feats of stealth.

@dbzk1999 said:

@swils94: in altair's defense he has seen firearms

And he knows about smoke bombs at the least

Not until his older days. In his prime he didn't come across many with that sort of tech, if at all.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NotATreeABush

@swils94: The difference here is the setting. Notice how most of Altair's targets are in a city full of people around the target, while the other's have much more stealth capability. The most impressive of all those is Ezio's.