Ash Williams vs John Rambo

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Ash Williams vs John Rambo (24 votes)

Ash Williams 67%
Rambo 33%

1. H2H

2. Gunfight

3. Rambo gets a knife, Ash gets his chainsaw arm

4. All-Out (Anything goes)

Battle takes place at the Cabin from Evil Dead, both characters are in their prime. Ash starts in the house while Rambo is outside (All-Out only).

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Two of my favorites.

Rambo may do well in the gunfight and maybe even the knife fight, but Ash has consistently taken on supernatural entities such as the dead and/or demons that easily smash through large structures and knock grown people across the room with a casual back hand.

Ash could also use the Book of the Dead for some of these rounds. Maybe. Rambo wouldn't exactly know what to do in that situation.

Best case scenario, Ash doesn't use all he has access to and takes Rambo on in a gun fight. Which he probably loses. He could lose the Chainsaw vs Knife fight but I give the other rounds solidly to Ash.

And Rambo being even near the cabin may give Ash all the wins. He either gets possessed or violeted by a demonic piece of nature.

We aren't using comic feats I'm assuming.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawed_off_it: So, he does well in the gunfight and knife fight but he doesn't win?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@inside: I don't know. I would think Rambo is more skilled in CQC by a good bit, but Ash deals with deadites in CQC all the time. Some seem to teleport mid combat so that has me questioning what would happen here. Ash deals with things far stronger and versatile than a normal peak human.

I just don't see him tagging Rambo with a chainsaw. He could however land a blow on him; with how he contends with deadites physically all the time, that may give him the edge there.

Rambo is physically outclassed by a good margin and alot of people don't seem to understand that. If Rambo wins a round it would be because of his training and skill.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@inside: @sawed_off_it: I agree with Sawed_off’s breakdown here. Ash should win, since he is physically superior, and fights much deadlier foes.

But Rambos skills and training make this a good fight. I’d probably back Ash every round, but they are all good fights.

Cool battle

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sawed_off_it: I'd say they are comparable in terms of pure skill, training of course... Ash has none, he's self-taught, basically.

But seeing as Ash was able to defeat a deadite with a shovel, whereas a whole group of heavily armed, dangerous, and trigger-happy men weren't able to take it down, I'd say thats something.

You also have to think that Ash is able to tag deadites with his chainsaw arm, fought off demons with it and such. I definitely think Ash has much better reaction speeds then Rambo, as well as movement speed.

Usually when Ash gets the chainsaw arm the deadite is fucked, and even they, on some level, know that, which is why they try to keep the chainsaw arm away from him at all costs, literally throwing him whenever he gets close to them.

I don't really think Rambo has what it takes to keep Ash down especially in H2H, hell Ash may even have a slight chance in the gunfight, considering the shots he's pulled off, I don't think it'd take more then one good shot, and Ash is an absolutely devastating marksman to deal with if both are behind cover. Could see Rambo trying to pull off something stupid like when he shot down all those guys by himself, only to get one-shotted by the Boomstick, which is powerful enough to blow a hole clean through Rambo before he even knows what hits him.

Taskofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Round 1 I'm gonna say Rambo because I just think he seems to be a better hand to hand fighter than ash. Not to sound like I'm underestimating my boy Ash but he seems to do better with weapons than without, I don't see much of him hand to hand to say he could beat Rambo.

Round 2: "This....is my Boomstick"

Round 3: Could see this going either way, it'd be hard to tag Rambo but I think he could do it.

Round 4: Ash, He has to many things going for him.

Ash wins 3 to 1

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taskofwar: He fought a deadite for a bit without any weapons.

Actually, he did that a few times.

He got fucked up in most of them but still put up a sorta decent fight.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

ProbablyASphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the thing....Ash has never (maybe in the comics I haven't read them all) fought an actual trained killer and John Rambo is the best of the best. Rambo stomps all rounds with low difficulty. Anything Ash has beaten made a big show of toying with him for a long time before going for a kill.

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hail to the King, baby!

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SouskueMadara: Or maybe they actually legitimately couldn't put him down with the attacks they used?

ProbablyASphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inside: There is that too, but in a H2H fight you're a moron if you try to put someone down with brute force. No one with any type of training is doing that. You grapple, you break, you subdue. All things Rambo can do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Sorry Rambo, Ash got this.

Taskofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

@SouskueMadara: Ik, its just that isn't enough H2H combat experience to fight Rambo

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SouskueMadara: He's skilled enough to fight Rambo in a straight up fist fight and has done some pretty crazy shit. Dude as an old man was beating a demon in H2H combat, he laughed off things (LITERALLY) that would be fatal to another person, such as getting his hand cut off, pouring steaming hot water down his throat, getting stab through the stomach, getting nearly half his face cut off.

ManiacCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I've only seen the first two Rambo films, but I think I have seen him in his prime enough to cast my vote

Durability: Ash, easily. The man can tank inhuman amounts of damage, ridiculous amounts. Whereas Rambo is about average, and can be knocked out in a backhand from a fairly physically fit soldier

Skill: Rambo, but only slightly. If this was a battle of prep, Rambo would shine there, but he is arguably more skilled either way. He is able to use his skill to ward off the whole police force, whereas Ash still isn't bad, and was able to create a plan to destroy the skeleton army with limited resources in Army of Darkness. While that is impressive, Rambo was by himself and had even smaller resources

Strength: Ash. Able to send Deadites flying with a backhand, the man is stupidly strong. Rambo is above average, but not on Ash's level of strength

Gear: Ash, Rambo is mainly good at improvising with the gear he has, but Ash has his boomstick, which he is extremely accurate with, and has an incredible amount of firepower, and his chainsaw. Along with his mechanical hand, and the book of the dead. Rambo is usually only seen with a machine gun and a hunter's knife

Speed: They are both on par, but worth mentioning that in Ash Vs Evil Dead Season 3, it's noted that Ash won an award at high school for his incredible speed. I don't think it's enough to say he is faster than Rambo though, so I'll say they are on par

Round one: Unfortunately for Rambo, although he is incredibly skilled with his hand to hand combat, and leagues above Ash, Ash has shown he is strong enough to backhand Deadites so hard that they literally fly across the room, and has shown he can easily take punishment as well as dishing it out. Rambo got knocked out by a backhand from a guy who isn't as strong as Ash. Ash wins this 8/10

Round two: I'd argue that this is maybe where Rambo could potentially take it, but I'm going to argue against that, since Ash has more firepower in his boomstick. While Rambo has a higher fire rate, if they are in the Cabin in the Woods, the higher fire rate isn't nearly as much of an advantage as fire power. Ash takes a marginal victory at 6/10

Round three: Ash easily takes this. He trusts his chainsaw like, well, like it's his left hand. If he gets one well placed hit on Rambo, John is down for the count. Whereas Ash can easily take a good seven stabs from the knife before being put down, possibly more. He routinely gets savagely attacked like that from Deadites. Ash wins 9/10

Round 4: This is where Ash absolutely obliterates Rambo, giving him no chance of winning. If he is going all out, he will start abusing the Necronomicon, spawning literally anything he can use to kill Rambo, and, if he says the words correctly, can send the demons back before they kill him too. Rambo is skilled, but he can't take over hell. Ash dominates here with a 10/10

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mee09

Can Rambo get MK11 feats now lol

He's got some pretty impressive statements there.

Ohboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Rambo. He just a better fighter than Ash not to say Ash isn't a good fighter just not on Rambo level.
R2: Could go eitherway. Rambo and Ash are both great marksmen but I'll give it to Ash since he been able to react and shoot down speeding demons
R3: Toss up really. It'll be hard for both opponent to take down each other
R4: Ash stomps.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohboy said:

R1: Rambo. He just a better fighter than Ash not to say Ash isn't a good fighter just not on Rambo level.

ash held his own against an angry xena in h2h iam not sure rambo is miles better maybe you can say it's luck on his part but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

R2: Could go eitherway. Rambo and Ash are both great marksmen but I'll give it to Ash since he been able to react and shoot down speeding demons

R3: Toss up really. It'll be hard for both opponent to take down each other

ash chain saw has reach and power his weapon is just better

R4: Ash stomps.

ANTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ANTI

Such a great fight, these are 2 of my favorite movie characters

before i give my opinion i will talk about their skills and i will show why this fight is alot more difficult than most people are thinking

(I will only use canon feats for both so no comics, game or cartoon feats for either Ash or Rambo)

Starting with Rambo

No Caption Provided

Strength

Speed

Durability

Rambo can survive falls from great heights

Can survive burning his wound (note that fire goes through his body)

Can survive being electrocuted (you can see that, the torture was affecting the electricity of the whole camp)

Can tank high caliber rounds that can blow several human limbs

Rambo could trade and tank blows from Kourov who again could withstand his arrow explosion Kourov was also strong enough to flip a truck with the help of only 4 guys (And you can see that Kourov was the one that really flipped the truck)

Survived the collision between his tank and a helicopter and its explosion

Skills

Rambo is a vietnam war vet, he had 59 confirmed kills during his time in nam, and was the sole survivor of special forces unit Baker Team, Rambo not only fought against vietnamise soldiers, he has also fought against Cops, The National Guard, Spetnaz, Tatmadaw, and also against one of largest cartels in Mexico, Killing approximately 552 people in his life. The man is a killing machine.

For Rambo killing is easy as breathing

Colonel Trautman says that he was the best

Rambo is incredibly skilled with many types of weapons, being able to use any weapons he finds in the field, including Kalashnikov Variants, M16s, Hunting Rifles, Shotguns, RPGs and Various M60 variants. He also excels in guerrilla warfare which includes the use of :

Traps

Rambo is a master at trapmaking as you can see here 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Stealth

Rambo is a master of stealth techniques, blending into his surroundings, making a make-shift ghillie suit, covering himself with mud, to hide from enemy forces, sometimes in plain sight, using bushes or camouflage of some sort, climbing trees to stay out of enemies' line of sight, setting diversions to draw enemy attention, such as scarecrows, light sources, and even captive enemies (also used as a scare tactic).

Here's some of his stealth 1 | 2 | 3 (here he was able to invade a Russian military base without being notice) | 4 | 5

Hand to hand combat

Rambo is also adept in unarmed combat, he learned combat in Fort Bragg during his time in the army. He has a high amount of strength and insane stamina being able to climb a huge cliff despite being injuried in Rambo 3, and battling non stop after being toutured in Rambo 2.

Here some showings of Rambo's combat prowess

Rambo was capable of fighting his way out of prison

Beat a experienced fighter in a stick fight

Killed Kourov who was bigger and stronger than him

Marksmanship

He can use an M60, without the aid of a turret, with barely any loss in accuracy from recoil

Is able to shoot pirates before they could react (most of the shots where either in the head or to the chest)

Has a incredible accuracy with his bow

Can accurately throw his knife in the enemy's throat

Enhanced Senses

When in battle, Rambo senses are always attuned to nearby activity

Rambo senses a snake

Rambo senses Co

Rambo was also able to Hear a Helicopter coming from miles away

Stated to be able to stalk a soldier by his heartbeat in First Blood teaser

Gear

While Rambo used alot of different stuff during the franchise, his 3 most iconic and recurring weapons are:

Survival Knife: The blade is equipped with a hollow, watertight stainless steel handle that houses a survival kit. The knife is 15 3/8 inches long overall with a 10 inch, 1/4 inch thick 420 J2 stainless steel blade.

M60: The M60 General-Purpose Machine Gun is a 7.62x51mm NATO machine gun capable of firing 600 Rounds Per Minute that John Rambo uses predominantly at the climax of First Blood.

Compound Bow: Having been trained on the tool for hunting and practice since childhood, Rambo is highly skilled with the bow, and he is able to take out enemies from well over sixty yards away, usually pulling back so hard on the tightly-wound bow that it is capable of exerting massive amounts of pressure, the arrow being able to travel at speeds of 250 MPH. He usually equips his bow with Explosive Arrow Heads, here's them in action

Intelligence

Rambo is very intelligent. He can speak several languages, he is an expert in operating various types of war machines like helicopters and tanks and is a skilled hunter. He is also trained as a medic. He is shown to perform medical procedures on himself, such as stitching and cauterizing his own wounds.

He has shown to know a little bit about chemistry, since he was able to make his own incediary shotgun rounds using magnesium shards

Was able to create efficient infiltration plans and was able to create alot of complex traps in a few days

his IQ is said to be at least 138

The only thing else I can say if Rambo is pushed he will give you a war you won't believe.

Now let's talk about Ash

No Caption Provided

Strength

Speed

Durability

Skills

Ash's numerous encounters with the forces of evil have pushed his body to the extreme both as a younger and older man. Ruby (An ex Dark One) says that Ash is inexplicably effective. While not having any formal training, being the Chosen One means that Ash has already born with a plethora of skills, such as:

Pain Tolerance

Was able to keep running after crashing his car and hitting his head on the ground

Severed his own hand with a chainsaw and did not demonstrate any signs of pain moments later

Pierced his own leg with a scissor and simply shrugged off

Was able to keep fighting against Baal even after having his hand severed again

He was also able to quickly recover from the damage that Eligos did to his Brain and Neurons

Supernatural Willpower

Ash's willpower is astronomical he wiil always stand in evil's way even if it means accomplishing the impossible.

He was able to survive nearly 2 days in the cabin, resisting extreme physical and mental torture in the process

Was able to strangle a possessed Kelly even when unconscious

Was able to ressist possesion

And was also able to resist Baal's attempt to control his mind

Hand to hand combat

He knows some degree of hand-to-hand combat techniques, and Effectively trained the villagers to fight the undead army.

Was able to beat Evil Ash in sword fight

During a trip back in time to 1982, Ash engaged the demon Baal in a bare-knuckle "no powers" brawl between the two of them for the fate of humanity. For a large portion of the fight, Ash landed more punches on Baal than Baal did on Ash, forcing the demon to go back on his word and resort to using his powers. Here's the fight

Marksmanship

Shot Arthur's sword one handed

Impaled a mini Evil Ash with a fork

Shot a Deadite behind him without looking

Was able to shot beer bottles out of the air like clay birds

Gear

Ash has used it a variety of weapons during the Evil Dead saga but his 3 most iconic and recurring weapons are:

Chainsaw: A Homelite XL Chainsaw, the saw is 18 inches long. it is the most iconic weapon in Ash's arsenal of Deadite-fighting equipment.

Boomstick: A twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington, Ash shortened the shotgun's barrel from 26 inches to roughly 13 inches using his chainsaw to kill Deadites moe effectively. 12-gauge slugs can go at approximately 549 m/s.

Kandarian Dagger: Its handle is made from human bone and while looking no different from any other fancy-looking knife at antique stores the dagger's blade itself is able to neutralize/incapacitate/kill Deadites with a single stab (opposed to dismembering the actual body), slashes/gashes/even mere touch made by the said dagger burn deadites' fleshes. Using the Kandarian Dagger, Ash can turn the Boomstick into a make-shift bayonet. The dagger can still kill ordinary non-possessed humans and is able to send the souls of non-possessed entities (such as normal humans) to the Deadlands it also ignores durability

Intelligence

Is surprisingly intelligent in academic matters. Has a engineering degree from Michigan State University and also has presented the ability to quickly adapt to situations to ensure his own survival in battle

Outsmarted Ball into the same room as The Necronomicon by making him believe he succeeded in making Ash insane

Also has show a surprising amount of ingenuity at times

He was able to create a chainsaw bracket and shotgun harness

Created gunpowder from mainly referencing its elemental makeup in a chemistry book.

Created a fully functional prosthetic hand from a metal gauntlet

And also created the Deathcoaster | only using materials from 1300 A.D. and the few materials left in the trunk of the car

Bruce Campbell described him as "A bad slow thinker and a good fast thinker"

All i can say is Hail to the king

Now let's the advantages and disvantages for both

Strength

Rambo is super strong, but Ash is the kind of guy that can decapitate Deadites with a shovel, and hold his own against supernatural beings.

Edge Ash

Speed

Both can react to bullets, and run faster than normal man, but Ash can keep up with monsters who not only can dodge projectiles at point blank but block bullets as well, so Ash has a slighty faster Reaction and Combat speed, they are on par when it comes to moviment speed tho.

Edge Ash

Durability

Ash can tank and shrug it off damages from Deadites who can one shot normal human, while Rambo is not a normal human by any means, his durability is impressive but not on Ash's level.

Edge Ash

Skills

Ash is skilled, But Rambo years of training and experience far outclass Ash's. Rambo's abilities likes Stealth and Traps would be a nightmare for a guy like Ash who probably would fall for his traps not to mention that Rambo has far better displays of hand to hand combat than Ash, and while both are good marksmen, i would say that Rambo killing 5 pirates with chest and headshots is better than anything than Ash did in terms of accuracy, not to mention the with his bow Rambo made excellent shots from far away.

Edge Rambo

Gear

While Ash has a advantage in melee with his Chainsaw, in general, Rambo's arsenal is far better and packs much more firepower than Ash's

M60 > Boomstick: Better range, more bullets per second, faster muzzle velocity.

Compound Bow > Chainsaw: Silent, more range, much more destructive with explosive arrows.

Survival Knife = Kandarian Dagger: The Kandarian Dagger has more hax, but the Survival Knife is sharper and more pratical.

Edge Rambo

Intelligence

Both are very smart, but Ash is really smart in one specific area (chemical and mechanical engineering), whereas Rambo seems more versatile, and displayed a better fighting IQ.

Edge Rambo

With all this in mind, let's talk about the fight

I will assume that both are in character

Round 1 H2H

While Rambo is a better fighter, Ash just simply outclasses him in physical category, and i'm asuming Ash is probably gonna his Metal Gauntlet in this fight which make this a even more solid win, Rambo could win if he was able to put Ash in arm lock or choke Ash out, but Ash is faster than him, and his instictive reaction would only make things more difficult for Rambo.

Ash 8/10

Winner: Ash

Round 2 Gunfight

Rambo is war vet, with alot of experience in shootouts, Ash is excellent fighting Deadites, but we don't really see Ash in a shootout, so Rambo got a advantage here, not to mention that Rambo's M60 is better than Ash's Boomstick combine that with Rambo stealth mastery and Ash with not much opitions except for his luck and while Ash has good aim, Rambo is just as good if not better.

Rambo 8/10

Winner: Rambo

Round 3 Melee fight

Rambo uses his knife to stealth kills more often than he uses for fight, Ash on the other hand (no pun intended) use his chainsaw for fight Deadites all time, Rambo is good with a kinfe but in a straight up fight not only Ash has more experience but his chainsaw has alot more adavantages, is bigger more destructive and etc... Rambo doesn't have much options in this fight except maybe for lucky blow.

Ash 9/10

Winner: Ash

Round 4 All-Out

I see that the fight takes place on the cabin and the woods, i'll assume there's not supernatural forces and deadites roaming around the location for the sake of the fight.

If by going all-out means that they will have access to anything that they used in their respective franchises then this battle will totally over the top, i mean Rambo has access to this type of explosives. not to mention the Military Helicopters and Tanks the he used in Rambo 2 and 3

Ash has a good arsenal like his Winchester Model 1892 lever action rifle, the Deathcoaster and he also has used a Tank but most people are saying that Ash would win because of the Necronomicon and while the book is indeed very powerful, Ash barely can read that thin and is not in character for him to use the book in battle since he never used and the book would also backfire him, the only spell that we've see him using his to summon the Kandarian Demon.

But if Ash use book then yeah, Rambo is done, he never really fought something supernatural or remotely similar to a Deadite. Even a Badass soldier like Rambo wouldn't survive a encounter with a Deadite see what happened to the soldiers in Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 (i know they are not nearly as good as Rambo but had similar training)

The problem is that Ash would be extremely hesitant to read the book, and there's still a good chance that he could be killed by a trap before he could read it, or Rambo could blow up the entire place. Most people are probably thinking that Ash has a advantage because he knows the cabin, But Rambo has fought on enemy territory countless times and has fought on ones that he didn't have any experience (Rambo 3) and not only Rambo could fight just fine, he was killing his enemies in their own ground.

If there was a super prep time i would give to Rambo, but if was a totally random fight i would give it to Ash but as it is right now i think Rambo has a slightly better chance due to his arsenal and Ash hesitating to read the book.

Rambo 6/10

Winner: Rambo

Conclusion

While both are superb warriors who do anything they can to survive, going as far as overcoming insurmountable odds there can be only one winner.

Final Score:

Rambo: 17 Points | Ash: 24 Points

Ash wins the general score.

Overall Winner

No Caption Provided

Ash Williams

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anti: This was an amazing breakdown, thanks for your response.

Do you think each could clear each other's movies if they switched places? Like Rambo was in Evil Dead-Army of Darkness and Ash was in First Blood-Rambo 3.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohboy: If Ash lands even one or two punches Rambo is gonna have a bad time, Ash is way stronger then him.

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maniaccop: In the TV Series Baal used a chainsaw against Ash in a chainsaw fight and beat him, we never see him use a chainsaw before. Before that Ash was kicking his ass in H2H. (Baal agreed to a fair fight with Ash so he wasn't taken by surprise or anything.) So he was improving in skill with H2H during the series but somehow got worse with the Chainsaw, weird.

ANTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ANTI
@inside said:

@anti: This was an amazing breakdown, thanks for your response.

Do you think each could clear each other's movies if they switched places? Like Rambo was in Evil Dead-Army of Darkness and Ash was in First Blood-Rambo 3.

I think they both won't go very far, Rambo is not a chosen one like Ash so he would be susceptible to possession, i don't think he passes the second movie despite his incredible willpower skills and resourcefulness. Same thing with Ash, despite having a great survivability, we never see Ash hold his own in a shootout, fight a against an army in the Jungle or having to deal with Military Choppers and Tanks. I don't see him getting past the 2 film, and he's definitely getting killed in the third one. I think they perform better at their own respective universes.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash stomps

Inside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anti: Yeah plus Ash's shotgun isn't great for facing down armies, and having his hand gone means he has limited access when it comes to firepower.

ANTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers