Yugi gets the following pokemon and 1 week prep

electivire

Blaziken

meganium

Tauros

scizor

milotic

Round 2: duel

Ash gets the same deck that joey wheeler used in the grand championship and 1 week prep.

Yugi uses his deck from the end of the series.

Round 3: Fist fight

No prep

Morals off

Discuss.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm bias towards Yugi.. so Yugi.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Um okay....

Round 1 should go to Ash. He's not the best Pokemon trainer, but with only a day to learn Pokemon, Yugi shouldn't be able to beat him. Unless he pulls some "heart of the poke balls" stuff...

Round 2 should go to Yugi handily. If Ash can't even figure out how to win and choose a decent 6 pokemon, there's no way he's going to figure out how to play YuGiOh.

Round 3 is a toss up. Either could win and I wouldn't be surprised. Lol

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

King of Games, no exception. lol

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash wins Round 1 because he's the Pokemon Master.

Yugi wins Round 2 because he's the King of Duelists.

Yugi wins Round 3 because he has actually hit puberty.

Jmarshmallow

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash trying to beat yugi at card dueling is just hilarious to think about. Ash would win round 1 but give yugi more prep time with the pokemon then he would win eventually.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash wins Round 1 because he's the Pokemon Master. Red is the true OG Pokémon master.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash wins Round 1 because he's the Pokemon Master.

Jmarshmallow

Shots fired

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheVivas
TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gymgoer205: Ehh I'll still give R1 to Ash. Yugi's smart and would eventually figure out how to use his team, but Ash has experience on his side. Besides his Charizard is OP now.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was red vs yugi then it would be more of a battle for round 2 and 3.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is ridiculous.

Yugi isn't beating Ash in a Pokémon battle. Ash for damn sure isn't beating Yugi in a children's card game.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer

So why can't Yugi beat Ash for R 1? Because I'm pretty sure he has instantly adapted to any kind of fight/game he's played on, and with the prep why couldn't he figure it out? I mean he did beat Duke at his own game with 0 prep as he was playing dice monsters so...

There's also him being able to control live monsters in ancient Egypt did he not?

In fact, why can't Yugi just mind crush him? He's morals off.

R 2, Yugi takes them though.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both die before the fight starts

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon battling isn't a game. And they aren't ancient spirits in cards. They're real, living creatures that a trainer usually needs a bond with.

Yugi is a good strategist and indeed a master of games. But as stupid as Ash is at times, I don't see him losing to someone who's never been in a Pokemon battle. Especially with Pokemon hs didn't raise.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nomar

Yugi. All rounds.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

Ash wins Round 1 because he's the Pokemon Master. Red is the true OG Pokémon master.

@jmarshmallow: Ash Ketchum pokemon master? Lol, wut?

@jmarshmallow: "Pokemon Master".

Ash has accomplished far more in his career than Red ever will.

He really is the true Pokemon Master, despite the fact that he's a giant wuss.

Granted, Red has become the League Champion. But that's really the only advantage he has over Ash, and it's only in one region.

Ash has traveled far more regions, saved far more people, taken down several criminal organizations as opposed to just one, encountered and saved basically every legendary Pokemon, challenged far more talented trainers, actually cares about Pokemon rather than just wanting to catch them, etc.

I prefer Red, don't get me wrong. But Ash has saved the entire world on multiple occasions. Red can't claim the same.

Jmarshmallow

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

Ash

Yugi stomp

Yugi stomp

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Ash

Round 2: Yugi

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gymgoer205

@jmarshmallow:

Red has won a pokemon league.

Ash hasn't.

Red filled up his pokedex.

Ash didn't even come close.

Red took down team rocket.

Ash can't even deal with 3 of team rockets most incompetent members.

Almost all of Reds pokemon are fully evolved.

Ash didn't fully evolve many of his pokemon. He stagnated their growth whereas Red encouraged the growth of his pokemon.

Red stayed in one region but excelled in that one region.

Ash travels to many regions but never gets any better. In many instances he actually got worse.

Tell me more about how Ash is a pokemon master.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gymgoer205:

Red has one a pokemon league.

Ash hasn't.

Red has experience in one region. Ash has traveled to several.

Red filled up his pokedex.

Ash didn't even come close.

Red has captured all the original Pokemon. Ash has encountered nearly every Pokemon in every single region.

Red took down team rocket.

Ash can't even deal with 3 of team rockets most incompetent members.

Red took down Team Rocket. Ash has taken down four criminal organizations.

Almost all of Reds pokemon are fully evolved.

Ash didn't fully evolve many of his pokemon. He stagnated their growth whereas Red encouraged the growth of his pokemon.

Red spent all his time training in the Mountain and he could only get his Pokemon to lvl 88 despite the fact that he only used 6 Pokemon. Ash has trained and evolved countless Pokemon, and the only one he hasn't evolved is Pikachu and that's because Pikachu doesn't want to.

Red stayed in one region but excelled in that one region.

Ash travels to many regions but never gets any better. In many instances he actually got worse.

Ash has saved the world more times than I can count.

Tell me more about how Ash is a pokemon master.

Tell me more about Red saving the entire world.

Oh wait.

Jmarshmallow

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Probably Ash, but as @wolfrazer said, Yugi is extremely adept at understanding and learning new games/rules/etc. Besides, he has the PIS power of friendship thing that helps him win anything. He may pull a win or two.
  2. Yugi, hands down.
  3. Eh...not sure. Yugi isn't an adult, that's Yami/Atem. And it seems that Ash is physically more developed than Yugi. He's taller at least, so could go either way I guess.
Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cerberus369616

1. Toss up, probably Ash for a msall majority.

2. Yugi everytime and then some

3. Ash. Guy is actually a physical powerhouse. He reguarly tanks pokemon attacks with no visible injury, hell he was training Pikachu to have a stronger iron Tail for an upcoming rematch (that I'm pretty sure had crushed stone by this point) BY TAKING THE IRON TAILS TO THE CHEST. I've seen him thro w a full sized log in an attempt to save Bagon and Pikachu from a raging river in Episode 188. In fact I have a theory that other than technology the reason human are still able to rule in a Pokemon infested planet is that every human is a metahuman.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrUnsmiley

Round 1: Ash. Lapras isn't really good for battling, but his team has taken on legendaries before and won. Even with a week of prep, Yugi won't be able to beat him.

Round 2: Same as Round 1, in Yugi's favor. Ash isn't exactly a fast learner, and IIRC Yugi's outright state to be the best in the world.

Round 3. I'd say Ash, seeing as how Yami Yugi's built like a stick. But who knows, he might know martial arts for all we know. But Ash has tanked plenty of Pokemon attacks in stride, and is able to hold some of the heavier ones (Larvitars are on average 158.7 pounds, and he carried one with no effort).

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

1) He's traveled to many regions but has learned nothing on his journey. It's debatable that he actually got worse. Red stayed in one region but he excelled in that one region.

2) Encountering a lot of pokemon is not the same as catching them. Talk to me when Ash catches a legendary pokemon.

3) Ash can't stop three of team rockets most incompetent members. Red took down the entire organization by himself. Ash needed help every single time.

4) I am speaking of manga red not videogame red. Red fully evolved every single pokemon he had, not just his main 6. The number of pokemon ash evolved is not countless as you claim I'm willing to bet it isn't any more than 2 dozen. And you say that the only pokemon that he didn't fully evolve was pikachu? But who was

Totodile

Bayleaf

Cyndaquil

Squirtle

Bulbasaur

Snivy

Oshawatt?

There are many others but the ones I just listed would have given him a huge advantage had he fully evolved them. If he was a true "pokemon master" He'd have went to the pokemon league with a fully evolved team. He either underestimated his opponents or overestimated his own abilities. Either way he isn't a master.

5) Saving the world doesn't make him a pokemon master though. Btw, since he saved it more times than you can count, I took the time to count it for you, about 10 times.

6) I never made the claim that red saved the world, YOU claimed that Ash was a pokemon master.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Ash

R2: Yugi stomps

R3: It could go either way

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@gymgoer205:

1) He's traveled to many regions but has learned nothing on his journey. It's debatable that he actually got worse. Red stayed in one region but he excelled in that one region.

It's not debatable at all that he got worse. Someone who's been able to topple criminal organizations and train a Charizard that's capable of taking on legendary Pokemon is basically the complete opposite of a bad trainer.

2) Encountering a lot of pokemon is not the same as catching them. Talk to me when Ash catches a legendary pokemon.

Why would he catch them? He can do just fine without them.

They're a crutch that he doesn't require.

3) Ash can't stop three of team rockets most incompetent members.

That's ridiculous. Ash beats them in basically every single encounter, in every single episode.

In fact, Pikachu usually solos.

No Caption Provided

Red took down the entire organization by himself. Ash needed help every single time.

Incorrect. Ash usually does all the work himself.

4) I am speaking of manga red not videogame red.

It's the same Red.

Red fully evolved every single pokemon he had, not just his main 6. The number of pokemon ash evolved is not countless as you claim I'm willing to bet it isn't any more than 2 dozen.

How is 22 Pokemon not a lot? You made it seem like he never evolved any, when that is just untrue.

Charmander, Krabby, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Phanpy, Taillow, Treecko, Snorunt, Starly, Turtiwg, Chimchar, Gligar, Pidove, Tepig, Sewaddle, Roggenrola, Krokorok, two Caterpies, Pidgeotto, Ponyta, and Scatterbug.

That's 22 by my count that he's evolved. How many has Red evolved in canon?

And you say that the only pokemon that he didn't fully evolve was pikachu? But who was

Totodile

Bayleaf

Cyndaquil

Squirtle

Bulbasaur

Snivy

Oshawatt?

I wasn't saying all of his Pokemon are evolved. I said that he didn't hold any Pokemon back besides Pikachu, because you made some ridiculous claim that he "stagnated their growth," which is just untrue. And the only reason he held Pikachu back is because Pikachu didn't want to evolve.

There are many others but the ones I just listed would have given him a huge advantage had he fully evolved them. If he was a true "pokemon master" He'd have went to the pokemon league with a fully evolved team. He either underestimated his opponents or overestimated his own abilities. Either way he isn't a master.

False. He has proven time and time again that you don't need to evolve to be powerful. They dedicated several entire episodes to that, where Pikachu beat a Raichu.

Loading Video...

If anything that just shows how good of a trainer he is, that he's able to make a lesser evolved Pokemon more powerful than an evolved one.

5) Saving the world doesn't make him a pokemon master though.

It actually kinda does. Especially since you believe Red taking down a criminal organization makes him a Pokemon Master.

Btw, since he saved it more times than you can count, I took the time to count it for you, about 10 times.

Considering that there are 17 movies, the majority of which involve him saving the world, plus all of the episodes where he saves the world as well, I'm thinking your count is a bit off.

6) I never made the claim that red saved the world, YOU claimed that Ash was a pokemon master.

Which he is.

Jmarshmallow

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yugi stomps all rounds.

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

#36  Edited By RolandAlderas

No morals.....

No Caption Provided

Every round.

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BlackWind

@gymgoer205: Not to mention stakes in the mangabare far more serious than in the anime. Red's accomplishments are simply better.

Ash Ketchum. The guy who thought it was smart to pair Phanpy against Dewgong.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I feel like there's a pretty good chance Yugi could win. He's shown that he can learn entirely new games on the fly to a degree that he can compete with the top players of that game, and while Ash is a decent trainer in terms of combat tactics he's never been shown as the best. He loses fairly consistently whenever he enters a Pokemon League tournament. Ash also has a hard time remembering type disadvantages. I don't see Yugi making the same mistakes.

This is assuming the pokemon Yugi is given are comparable in experience to Ash's. If those are all wild pokemon and Yugi only has a week to train them I don't see any level of tactical brilliance closing the gap.

Round 2: Yugi stomps. Hard. I'm pretty sure Ash makes a mistake every single round and that the duel ends in about 5-6 turns. If that.

Round 3: MIND CRUSH.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gymgoer205: Not to mention stakes in the mangabare far more serious than in the anime. Red's accomplishments are simply better.

Ash Ketchum. The guy who thought it was smart to pair Phanpy against Dewgong.

Yae if we go by what red has done in the manga then he has acomplished just as much if not more than ash. Red has literally been in a war that he was recruited in by suicuine, enti, and riakou who were going around regions to find trainers worthy enough to be in the war with them. There are other planetary threats that red has played his part in to stop in the manga. so d

Gymgoer205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gymgoer205

@jmarshmallow:

1) It is debatable. He regularly forgets how to use typing to his advantage and consistently loses to starter pokemon. And he didn't train Charizard. He left him in the Charicific Valley because he knew he wasn't capable of training him on his own.

2) Encountering a lot of pokemon is not something that makes you a pokemon master. Catching them coupled with other achievements does.

3) And the next day they come back again. Why do they keep going after Ash? Because even weaklings like Jesse and James aren't intimidated by the little twerp.

4) Not according to Satoshi, he said the manga is the most canon source. They aren't the same person.

5) It's nothing compared to red who has evolved every single one of the original 151 to their final stages.

Ash ketchum was stagnating his pokemon growth. Let's take Squirtle for example, Ash obtained his Squirtle soon after Gary yet couldn't evolve it by the pokemon league. Any competent trainer would have encouraged their pokemon to evolve and would have entered the pokemon league with a fully evolved team. Not Ash Ketchum yet you still call him a master.

6) Evolving pokemon makes them stronger faster and more durable. A few instances of PIS doesn't negate that fact.

7) No, it doesn't make him a pokemon master. A pokemon master is someone who is a master at training, battling and catching pokemon. Red taking down team rocket doesn't make him a master. Winning the pokemon league and completing his pokedex does.

8) master-a skilled practitioner of a particular art or activity.

Ash ketchum is not a pokemon master.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gymgoer205:

1) It is debatable. He regularly forgets how to use typing to his advantage

He doesn't "forget." He just overcomes those obstacles.

and consistently loses to starter pokemon.

Lol, no. He doesn't. He consistently wins. He has far more wins than losses, and every time he loses he ends up challenging that trainer again and winning.

That's how you become a good trainer. You learn from your mistakes and do better.

And he didn't train Charizard. He left him in the Charicific Valley because he knew he wasn't capable of training him on his own.

He trained Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard at random times throughout his life.

2) Encountering a lot of pokemon is not something that makes you a pokemon master. Catching them coupled with other achievements does.

And I disagree. Ash has far more experience with a much more diverse range of Pokemon than Red does.

3) And the next day they come back again.

Because Ash doesn't kill them? Thought that would be obvious.

It's a kid show.

Why do they keep going after Ash?

Because they want his Pikachu.

Because even weaklings like Jesse and James aren't intimidated by the little twerp.

Yeah, that's why they consistently use disguises rather than challenging him 1v3.

4) Not according to Satoshi, he said the manga is the most canon source. They aren't the same person.

Proof, please.

5) It's nothing compared to red who has evolved every single one of the original 151 to their final stages.

Proof, please.

Ash ketchum was stagnating his pokemon growth. Let's take Squirtle for example, Ash obtained his Squirtle soon after Gary yet couldn't evolve it by the pokemon league. Any competent trainer would have encouraged their pokemon to evolve and would have entered the pokemon league with a fully evolved team. Not Ash Ketchum yet you still call him a master.

Ash doesn't "stagnate" them. He just prefers to utilize a larger range of Pokemon, rather than Gary who sticks to a his few.

Besides, Ash ended up beating Gary. So it really doesn't matter the approach they each used, because Ash still came out on top.

6) Evolving pokemon makes them stronger faster and more durable. A few instances of PIS doesn't negate that fact.

Apparently it does.

7) No, it doesn't make him a pokemon master. A pokemon master is someone who is a master at training, battling and catching pokemon. Red taking down team rocket doesn't make him a master. Winning the pokemon league and completing his pokedex does.

Ash has won multiple championships and contests, not to mention the fact that he beat the Orange League.

For every accomplishment that Red has, Ash has two.

8) master-a skilled practitioner of a particular art or activity.

And Ash is most definitely skilled.

Ash ketchum is not a pokemon master.

Indeed he is.

Jmarshmallow

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ash sux lol hes got a level 556 pikachu, and the most boss charizard and hes been at it for like 15 years and yet hes not the pokemon master. hell he never made it to the finals. yugi motoh is the king of games he would beat ash at his own game. heart of the cards dudes

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloodblunts: made my day with that and at least Ash does not cheat to win

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yugi crushes every round...including the Pokemon battle!

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gymgoer205:

R1: Could actually go either way, but i give Ash the edge.

R2: HaHaHaHaHaHaHa, Yugi curbstomps.

R3: Yugi, but it's no stomp(which is pretty sad, considering Yugis age XD)

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Firedude17

Yugi stomps all rounds. If you watched Yugioh season 0 you know Atem is a master of all games.