• 88 results
Avatar image for on_comicvine247
On_Comicvine247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Arya Stark vs The Mountain (90 votes)

The most badass assassin in Westeros simply twirls her needle and cuts off the Mountain's head 22%
Tis a good fight, warrior! 8%
Mountain smash 70%

Not Lady Stark

vs

Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane

...Who wins??

• 
Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mountain is too overwhelming... Could Arya kill the mountain? Yes. Could she beat him one on one, no.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arya is not winning this,LMAO.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More or less spite in favor of the Mountain

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mountain smashes her face in.

Avatar image for on_comicvine247
On_Comicvine247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By On_Comicvine247
JohnMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnMountain

Mountain rips Arya's head.

Thelastwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moutain kill arya in 20 second.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@on_comicvine247: It doesn't really matter when he will just take the stab grab her and rip her in two. Mind you thats only if it lands where there's no armor.

Maybe when she's older she could take him but she's no where near what she needs to be at. Also remember when she tried to stab The Hound it would be worse than that as his armor is much thicker. I literally couldn't see her winning any at all unless this is post Oberon Mountain and he's fighting extremely slow and stupid.

Unless otherwise stated it's them at their peak so he absolutely slaughters her. She may dodge for a bit but her weapon is the worst weapon you could try to use against him. It's pretty much spite. She hasn't shown anything to suggest she's skilled enough to take anyone near his level.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arya gets mountain stomped

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logically the mountain should crush her, but her skill showings this episode could get her a win.

He could underestimate her like brianne did, if it wasn't a practice bout arya would have killed her in the beginning.

Also I have not read the books so I don't really know what is needed to kill the mountain in his current state.

She definitely could beat the mountain the red viper almost beat.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't say that. It was a practice bout. Brianne was not going to go all out from against the girl she was sworn to protect, who knew nothing about her skills, come on.

I'm not saying Arya wouldn't beat her, I'm just saying we can only extrapolate so much from that practice bout, especially as they got to know one another it was getting more even by the moment to basically a draw (double kill) at the end.

@skrskr said:

Logically the mountain should crush her, but her skill showings this episode could get her a win.

He could underestimate her like brianne did, if it wasn't a practice bout arya would have killed her in the beginning.

Also I have not read the books so I don't really know what is needed to kill the mountain in his current state.

She definitely could beat the mountain the red viper almost beat.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Mountain would be hurt very badly similar to his Oberyn fight. But he'd end up crushing her.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gregor stomps.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@green_skaar: Best Arya's feat in that fight was attacking so fast that Brienne couldn't parry all the blows. She tagged her hand which is great accomplishment in a swordfight, especially when we will remember about Brienn's reach advantage. Throwing a knive to the other hand before Brienne could grab that hand is also a good feat.

On topic: Arya has massive gear and reach disadvantage and penetrating the plate armor will be hard thing. Mountain will crush her skull.

neoman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mountain would need full armor for a safe win against current arya. if both had no armor, it would be close, even should gregor win, he would bleed to death after.
the mountain might as well go H2H against her, he would never hit her with hes sword. arya is most likely the best dodger in the entire got universe.

but arya would not defeat the mountain in heavy armor. the mountain is probably better than both brienne and sandor atm. as cersei said he is stronger than ever.
but if arya keep this up, she might very well become better than arthur dayne someday, she is 15-16 year old in got?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a20a68641bc7
deactivated-5a20a68641bc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I struggle to imagine Needle putting Gregor down with even three or four direct hits. Gregor on the other hand could probably cause Arya severe injury with a punch, glancing blow or even a kick. I think the Mountain takes this one for this reason, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Arya win.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By brucerogers

Lol, please don't tell me this thread was made after Arya apparently beat Brienne in a sparring match, who apparently beat the hound. Arya gets her skull crushed in.

The only way she can win is by attacking him the same way an assassin would, hit and run. She stands no chance in a straight up fight.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk smash unless she assassinates him

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AbelHsu

Honestly Brienne could have outright killed her when kicking her .

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe that the Mountain is out-dueling her, but one physical strike is all he needs, and I do believe that he will manage to land a kick or two on her. I'd say that the Mountain would win, every time.

Or, at least, that's how it would go against pre-zombie Gregor. The new Gregor should pretty much stomp.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

Lol, please don't tell me this thread was made after Arya apparently beat Brienne in a sparring match, who apparently beat the hound. Arya gets her skull crushed in.

The only way she can win is by attacking him the same way an assassin would, hit and run. She stands no chance in a straight up fight.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arya would get a stab or two in, and then the Mountain would grab her and crush her head. She's got some training and skills, but he wouldnt be messing around and he's a freakin' undead zombie with insane strength and a huge sword, armor, and all that.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shirso  Online

Arya isn't ready for this yet.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arya would get several hits in, but i doubt it will down the Mountain.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arya is more than capable of killing him just like oberyn martell was, speed skill and agility trumps power with slow raction by the time he swing his sword arya will slice him 5 times as she wants, you say she don't have a chance I say this is a lot more easy for her than others he can literally try to catch her all day long and not even touch her while she can pretty much tag him at will!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers said:

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now she at least has a good chance.

I couldn't believe she showed like ten times more skill in last night's episode than any before it. She was very badass. I could see her potentially getting a lethal blow in.

She was actually really Damn good. I don't know why she just stood there and got kicked though it was fairly telegraphed and she was perfectly blocling and dodging her sword before that. If she screws around and he hits her like that it's gonna break some of her bones or nearly knock her out. She just showed in one episode that showed she is better than even Jon. I wish Arthur Dayne was alive I would love to see her later vs him.

BioDynamicApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clegane breaks all of her bones, then rapes her to death.

DMD117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We saw last episode that Arya is at least as good as Brienne. She has a similar fighting style to Oberon, who could have killed the Mountain if he wasn't trying to get a confession out of him. I think Arya in deadfaced assassin mode could dance around the Mountain just as well, if not better, and ultimately beat him one on one.

DMD117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: The only reason Gregor crushed Oberon was because he was too cocky and was trying to get a confession out of him. If Oberon had simply been going for the kill, He'd have won easily.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmd117: Oberyn was knocked to the ground on a couple of occasions and disarmed once so it wasn't a straight stomp. Also Oberyn had a spear which was used to negate Gregor's massive reach advantage, Arya has no such benefit, she has to get within the danger zone in order to strike.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tis a good fight, warrior!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

he's on her list, she will kill him

I doubt it'll be anywhere close to a direct fight tho

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zombie Gregor would probably win. Regular Gregor might just lose, I could see him getting flustered as he constantly misses hitting this small girl who's stabbing him between the armor plates over and over and making the same stupid mistakes he made with Oberyn...but one hit is all it's going to take for Gregor to win, Arya is not taking a hit from a 450lb, 7 foot man who's mostly muscle.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious if he's technically on it anymore considering he has died.

@mrnoital said:

he's on her list, she will kill him

I doubt it'll be anywhere close to a direct fight tho

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e810ada7dc
deactivated-5a6e810ada7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A girl will likely lose. She's massively more skilled and agile but the reach, and strength disparity is too great. She would have the best chance killing him in the dark but even then Gregor's armor has very few openings for her to exploit with Needle or the Catspaw dagger without risking getting grabbed. If she were/is as good with a spear as she is with a sword and dagger then she could definitely pull a Oberyn. She'll need more feats or more years but I think she'll eventually get there.

With prep, she definitely kills him (again) tho.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Arya is more skilled, but she's not nearly physically as imposing.

She dies.

Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mountain

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mountain steps on her!

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flavor of the day anyone? ha ha

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gregor's armour is too good and Needle isn't good enough. She'd do some damage, but wouldn't be able to reliably put him down.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shes too short to get a kill shot

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mountain is a seasoned and grizzled veteran fighter who is massively above average in strength, and dispute his looks he is actually very skilled , ayra is just a cocky young child who wile is very skilled , literally has nothing on Gregor,

Take the name sakes , what will a needle do to a mountain ? There's your answer

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By diydeath

@cull_obsidian said:

The mountain is a seasoned and grizzled veteran fighter who is massively above average in strength, and dispute his looks he is actually very skilled , ayra is just a cocky young child who wile is very skilled , literally has nothing on Gregor,

Take the name sakes , what will a needle do to a mountain ? There's your answer

Based on feats...The Mountain is slooooooow. Arya could make him suffer. Needle to the armpit would be debilitating. I'd akin this to Bronn vs The Mountain. Sure, Bronn could win, hell he might even have a puncher's chance...but one misstep and it's all over. Bronn could arguably make small slip ups...Arya can't make ANY due to the size/strength difference, a glancing blow would send her spiraling, it would break bones and possibly knock her out.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath: He will be in full plate armour , it will be very difficult to find an opening, especially when she can't afford.to make any mistakes at all against him , dont forget he is also some kind of undead experiment, he likely wont even feel it and would kill her in one blow

Her sword would also likely break if she tried to block or even parry the mountains sword, another thing brianne would and could have destroyed her if she was serious

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mountain is just Brienne but stronger, slower and less skilled. The only issue is whether or not she can actually hurt him, given Oberyn did using a spear I'm inclined to think she can.

@rogueshadow said:
@brucerogers said:

Ugh. I am convinced characters like Arya or Jon would have to solo the army of the dead for people to give them a sliver of the credit they obviously deserve.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare:

Ugh. I am convinced characters like Arya or Jon would have to solo the army of the dead for people to give them a sliver of the credit they obviously deserve.

Why Jon?