Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

Artemis Entreri

No Caption Provided

vs.

Gord the Rogue

No Caption Provided

-----------------------------------

- Battlefield: King's Landing, start at opposite sides of the city.

- 1 week prep

- Basic equipment (Gord gets all of his magical gear. Entreri gets Charon's Claw and the jeweled dagger)

- In character

- Win by death or incapacitation

---------------------------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joygirl
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

Yup, I included it in his gear. He has Charon's Claw and the jeweled dagger. Basically Entreri circa Promise of the Witch-King.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1:

I haven't actually read past a book or two, but he was, apparently, the sh!t.

Notable feats for Entreri:

-World's best assassin

-Stalemating Drizzt Do'Urden repeatedly

-One-shotting a stone golem

-Defeating a dracolich

-Stalemating Danica Maupoissant with the upper hand

-Going to Menzoberranzan for a long period of time and surviving

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gord the Rogue at what point?

Artemis Entreri only improves by a token amount the entire series, he starts off at around Level 18 and at this point is probably around low Level 20s.

Gord started as a humble thief to beating up Elder Demons with no effort. By the end of the series even an army of Entreri's couldn't do much to Gord.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alcoholbob:

Elder Demons are not really much more impressive than Dracoliches, even if Entreri did have help from Jarlaxle and that little dwarf bastard (forget his name).

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artemis Entreri only improves by a token amount the entire series, he starts off at around Level 18 and at this point is probably around low Level 20s.

Gord started as a humble thief to beating up Elder Demons with no effort. By the end of the series even an army of Entreri's couldn't do much to Gord.

wait, seriously? what are the titles of the later novels?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joygirl

@alcoholbob:

Also, Drizzt was able to beat dragons and pit fiends with little difficulty, and Entreri is around his level. ABC logic but considering they follow D&D stats it isn't much of a stretch.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the final book was Dance with Demons in which Gord faced off with Tharizdun, who all the other gods at one point had to combine their powers to imprison. He did die to Tharizdun but guys like Demogorgon were basically nothing to Gord, read this post for more details of his powers:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showpost.php?s=e6c0a3ee5b90255b74844cf7dfcacb5d&p=323427&postcount=10

@alcoholbob said:

wait, seriously? what are the titles of the later novels?

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@alcoholbob:

Also, Drizzt was able to beat dragons and pit fiends with little difficulty, and Entreri is around his level. ABC logic but considering they follow D&D stats it isn't much of a stretch.

Pit Fiend Level 26 XP: 18,000

Orcus Level 34 Solo XP: 195,000

To Gord the Demon Princes are about the same to him as a Pit Fiend is to Drizzt...

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alcoholbob:

May be a mismatch then -- should use Gord from somewhere near the middle to make things closer. I am not that familiar with the Gord books, which would you suggest we use him at?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Floopay

@joygirl said:

@alcoholbob:

To Gord the Demon Princes are about the same to him as a Pit Fiend is to Drizzt...

Entreri did not really defeat a dracolich in the way I think he's being said to...

No Caption Provided

He ran away, ducked into the nearest tunnel, and placed a magical dragonette statue above the entrance. When the dracolich entered it blew out a red dragon's breath weapon and pretty much melted it's skull.

For most of the fight that dracolich scared the crap out of him, and he ran away and dodged it for fear of his life. Most of the damage was done by Athrogate, Jarlaxle (via henchmen), and the undead army that came to life and attacked the thing.

That being said Entreri's speed is godly. He is able to go from a sitting, comfortable position, to standing up, leaping across the room, draw his dagger, grab someone by the neck, hold his dagger to them, and whisper a threat in their ear long before the person's guards have even registered that he's moved.

He can deflect 4 flying daggers out of the air before they hit him. He can erect ash walls to block his opponents view, and his strikes with his dagger not only carve away his opponents life force, but also serve to heal him and his wounds. His weapon can produce immense heat, allowing it to sheer through several bones in one swing, and cauterize the wounds behind it.

It took a skilled thief 10 minutes to disarm traps that he himself had set. However, Artemis Entreri walked through that guys wide assortment of traps with blinding speed in less than two minutes.

He can summon a Nightmare named "Blackfire" whenever he needs to, which is no small bonus.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joygirl

@floopay:

I did mention that he had help :P But still, when all was said and done, the dracolich was dead and Entreri was alive ;P

And Athrogate, yeah, that was his name. I actually really loved him. I wish that trilogy had not had the worst ending in the history of books.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By alcoholbob

@floopay said:

@alcoholbob said:

@joygirl said:

@alcoholbob:

Entreri did not really defeat a dracolich in the way I think he's being said to...

No Caption Provided

He ran away, ducked into the nearest tunnel, and placed a magical dragonette statue above the entrance. When the dracolich entered it blew out a red dragon's breath weapon and pretty much melted it's skull.

For most of the fight that dracolich scared the crap out of him, and he ran away and dodged it for fear of his life. Most of the damage was done by Athrogate, Jarlaxle (via henchmen), and the undead army that came to life and attacked the thing.

That being said Entreri's speed is godly. He is able to go from a sitting, comfortable position, to standing up, leaping across the room, draw his dagger, grab someone by the neck, hold his dagger to them, and whisper a threat in their ear long before the person's guards have even registered that he's moved.

He can deflect 4 flying daggers out of the air before they hit him. He can erect ash walls to block his opponents view, and his strikes with his dagger not only carve away his opponents life force, but also serve to heal him and his wounds. His weapon can produce immense heat, allowing it to sheer through several bones in one swing, and cauterize the wounds behind it.

It took a skilled thief 10 minutes to disarm traps that he himself had set. However, Artemis Entreri walked through that guys wide assortment of traps with blinding speed in less than two minutes.

He can summon a Nightmare named "Blackfire" whenever he needs to, which is no small bonus.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yes, when Drizzt and Entreri beat high level demons, they basically are using everything in their disposal to avoid damage, and dodging, and their wits. When Gord is fighting Demon Princes he basically walks in like Superman, tanks everything and 1 shots them.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Floopay

@joygirl said:

@floopay:

I did mention that he had help :P But still, when all was said and done, the dracolich was dead and Entreri was alive ;P

And Athrogate, yeah, that was his name. I actually really loved him. I wish that trilogy had not had the worst ending in the history of books.

I haven't finished the series yet, only about halfway through the last book. And the worst ending in the history of books is The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinback. It's also one of the worst books in the history of books.

Honestly, Sellsword Trilogy was pretty great, but War of the Spider Queen is still the masterpiece book series in my opinion.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By alcoholbob

@joygirl said:

@betatesthighlander1:

I haven't actually read past a book or two, but he was, apparently, the sh!t.

Notable feats for Entreri:

-World's best assassin

-Stalemating Drizzt Do'Urden repeatedly

-One-shotting a stone golem

-Defeating a dracolich

-Stalemating Danica Maupoissant with the upper hand

-Going to Menzoberranzan for a long period of time and surviving

Artemis couldn't possibly be the world's best assassin, the D&D compendium has tons of epic assassins in the high 20s and 30s levels as nameless basic templates. Now he could arguably be the best human mortal assassin of his generation out of Calimport, that's about as far as you can get.

Considering every member of King Gareth's party could kick Artemis' ass with equal gear even in their geriatric days and his style of "assassinating" is essentially "dueling", it's a far stretch to say Artemis is some kind of assassin god. Also Danica is only a 17th level character, Artemis was already 18th level by the time he left Calimport, tis not much of an accomplishment IMO.

I think more impressive is how Drizzt basically thrashed Athrogate when they fought, whereas Artemis was weary of clashing with him shows that Drizzt and Artemis' skill levels have been on diverging directions for over a century.