#1  Edited By Joygirl

Artemis Entreri

No Caption Provided

vs.

Bane

No Caption Provided

-----------------------------

- In character

- 1 day prep for Bane (can be used to gather equipment). 1 hour prep for Entreri (cannot be used to gather equipment).

- Bane gets Pre- and Post-Flashpoint feats.

- Bane gets Venom as starting gear (does not need to use prep to obtain it).

- Entreri gets Charon's Claw, the jeweled dagger, leather armor, his magical gauntlet, and his Nightmare figurine.

- Win by death.

- Fight takes place in Crime Alley at dusk.

-----------------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are some feats for Artemis? Bane is strong enough to rip limbs and heads off with no discernible effort.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@humannumber:

- One-shotted a stone golem

- Stalemated Drizzt repeatedly

- Killed countless wererats

- Was number one assassin in an entire city filled with assassins

- Easily apprehended and terrorized Catti-Brie (who is a badass in her own right)

- Easily apprehended and terrorized Regis (not a badass but a clever bastard)

- Went to Menzoberranzan and lived

- Held a soul-consuming sword without the required glove just to prove he could.

His sword can create clouds of ash and his dagger devours life force (and feeds it to him)

He's also partially undead because he fed in that way off of a shade, giving him longevity/youth.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

Thank you. It seems he's fought some skilled opponents and has some interesting gear. How far apart do they start? Cause if Bane gets even one hand on him, the dude will die.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Bruxae

I think Artemis should take this unless Bane has a damn good plan. :P

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

Bane is generally pretty great at coming up with plans on the fly, and considering he gets an entire day that'd help.

Without Venom he can lift 1,500 lbs, and with it he can lift over 3 tons.

He's also used to fighting squirley opponents since he's a Batman villain, so tangoing with Batman & various Robin's has given him a pretty decent resume. He's also impressed Ra's with his fighting skill.

I personally think Bane could take this, not by much, but still take it.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Unless they square off from the start, Bane would never even hear or see Artemis coming. In a straight fight, Artemis has dealt with creatures comparable to Bane's strength and durability, such as Golems, undead, or giants, and Claw can cut through just about anything. Not to mention if he lands a blow with his dagger, it heals him. It keeps his damage soaking ability pretty high.

And what's Bane going to prep for? Artemis has a feared reputation in the Realms, no one ever really gives up information on the man. Certainly, Bane is feared as well, but odds are he's going to spend a lot of that day just trying to gather information to formulate a plan off of. bane is a very capable hand to hand fighter, and if Artemis didn't have his weapons Bane would have the edge. But Artemis does, and with his weapons I'd say they are about equal in this regard. Drizzt and Batman are arguably the best martial combatants in their respective worlds, and Artemis and Bane can give their respective counterparts a good run. So with that, I consider them about even.

But just as Artemis has dealt with fighters and creatures similar to Bane, bane has dealt with combatants similar to Artemis as well. Small, speedy combatants such as Batman or Nightwing. The only difference is Artemis' level of ruthlessness. He will not be going to beat Bane, he's going to be trying to end Bane.

I think Artemis' gear gives him a slight edge here, also I think Aretmis has a wealth more experience under his belt (Barrabus the Grey anyone?). The man is over 500 years old at this point. He wins 7/10.

Pappyland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Artemis is overall a good fighter. And what if he just cut one of Bane's tubes feeding venom to him? Wouldn't that automatically weaken Bane? That is how Batman usually beats him I believe.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pappyland:

Bane isn't actually dependent on Venom in the Pre-52 continuity, and it's a common misconception that Bane without Venom is useless. Bane actually kicked his Venom addiction in the Pre-52 stories while working with the Secret Six & trained his body to be incredibly strong so he could still fight without it. He's capable of breaking backs, tearing off limbs, tanking bullets, and enduring lightning hits while not on Venom, he can also lift 1,500 lbs.

Pappyland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, well I knew Bane could fight well without venom in some versions, but I didn't know which one exactly.

Still, let's consider Artemis' nightmare for a moment for anyone doubting him. I cannot remember how much of a bond Artemis and his nightmare share, but I imagine if just let loose, it would probably attack Bane all ln its own. It's an evil horse with flaming hooves and mane. It's going to do at least some decent against Bane. If the nightmare works well with Artemis, and lets him mount it for the battle, it would shift more in his favor, especially if the arena is big enough to let the nightmare gain good charging speed. I not know where exactly Crime Alley is, but I imagine it would be big enough to let the beast charge at least a little. Plus if it's an alley, then Bane would not have much room to dodge a nightmare charge. If Artemis is riding it, then I don't think it would be possible for Bane to dodge is sword.

Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charon's Claw and the Jeweled dagger make this a stomp in Entreri's favor.