Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nfactor1995

Round 1 of the Arrowverse/MCU Tournament

Rules:

• All characters are morals on/in-character (unless a perk purchased states otherwise)
  • All are equipped with their standard equipment and weaponry
  • Assume perfect chemistry between teammates
  • The fights will take place in a large, multi-story abandoned warehouse with significant numbers of boxes and other debris to utilize as cover. Also, there will be a significant amount of airspace to allow for the flight capabilities of some of the characters
  • All fights are to the death or prolonged incapacitation
  • Teams will start out approximately 25 yards apart and visible, but with cover close by
  • No prep time or prior knowledge of opponents or battlefield unless purchased as a perk

Combatants:

@nickzambuto

• Luke Cage
  • Cupid
  • All are blood-lusted

VS

@buildhare

• Falcon
  • Bullet-Proof Vest

No Caption Provided

Imagine a slightly taller version of this warehouse (couldn't find a better picture unfortunately) and that is where the battle will take place. There are gaps in the rows of boxes to allow for passage to different rows. The teams will start in that middle row approximately 25 yards apart.

Good luck and happy debating!

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto@buildhare: Secondary tag for the Arrowverse/MCU tournament in case you didn't receive the notification the first time

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I intend to open this debate with a flying start

No Caption Provided

But seriously here is my opener

Sam Wilson/Falcon

No Caption Provided

Sam Wilson is a former paratrooper and current avenger. He utilizes his military training and weapons in conjunction with his flight suit to fight evil. Unwavering in his loyalty to his friends, he is an accomplished hero in his own right.

Abilities

Special forces training- As a former member of an elite division of the military Falcon possesses a high level of skill and proficiency with firearms. He is also a fairly skilled H2H combatant, able to hold his own against Brock Rumlow, leader of the Hydra strike team.

Fit- As a formerly enlisted male Sam keeps up an exercise regime in order to maintain a high level of physical fitness

Expert acrobat- Falcon is extremely acrobatic, and is able to pull off incredible maneuvers;

Avoids artillery fire
Avoids artillery fire
Back and forth under the planes
Back and forth under the planes
Retracting his wings into the triple somersault... 10/10
Retracting his wings into the triple somersault... 10/10

Equipment

Falcon-7 Exo- His flight suit, allows him to fly. He can also use his wings for more exotic tasks, such as offense.

2x Steyr SPP- Machine pistols, can be automatically drawn from his suit.

M4A1 Carbine- An assault rifle, capable of firing higher calibre munitions with pinpoint accuracy.

Goggles- His goggles allow him to see and track targets from a great distance, or small targets.

(BONUS) Body Armor- As well as his regular suit Falcon also has body armor in this battle, capable of negating balistic/projectile based weaponry to the torso/mid-section.

Why he wins

• Falcon is far too fast in flight and has too much agility to be tagged by Cupid at all, let alone an area the body armor doesn't stop
  • Luke is a complete non-factor while Falcon is in flight
  • Wilson has the means to quickly eliminate Cupid, through either a quick bullet mid-flight, a flying kick or even pure H2H
  • Although Luke is durable Falcon is too fast for him to hit, giving him time to use a variety of tactics. He has the means to eliminate him through several means, concussive force to the head (Sustained Carbine fire), shooting him in vital and unprotected areas (Eyes, mouth and even scrotum) or simply picking him up and flying him into something.
  • Luke won't tag Wilson under any circumstances

I'll go in-depth into strategic plans in my second post.

Looking forward to your opener @nickzambuto, Good luck!

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shooting him in vital and unprotected areas (Eyes, mouth and even scrotum)

T4V.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: To start, let me point out that Carrie (Cupid) is a lot more intelligent than some people might think at first glance. She is a dangerously insane and unpredictable SWAT veteran, with the tactical insight to manipulate the Arrow multiple times and predict his actions to get him exactly where she wanted him, even kidnapping a heavily guarded mafia boss singlehandedly just to use as bait, all the while covering her tracks and setting up contingency plans. She even technically defeated The Arrow fair and square during their battle, despite not being a real match for his fighting skill, thanks solely to her SWAT training (cuffing dangerous suspects) and some quick thinking (dropping them into the subway tunnel). Amanda Waller accepted her as a member of Task Force X (Suicide Squad) without any hesitation, and she even proved her tactical dominance over Captain Boomerang and Deadshot by being the only one capable of capturing King Shark.

She is without a doubt the brains behind this operation, with Luke Cage being the muscle, and I'm sorry to say, as tricky as Falcon can be, from a tactical perspective he is no Oliver Queen.

I almost feel bad for this, but let's be honest man, you caught a really unlucky break being matched up with me. Let's look at the facts.

• You are outnumbered.
  • Your only perk, the bullet proof vest, is useless in this situation as arrows in Arrow have no problems penetrating kevlar.
  • Your outclassed strategically.
  • Your outclassed physically.

Falcon's only advantage is his ability to fly. But with no way of even dealing damage to Luke Cage, and under Cupid's archery assault, the pressure will get to him eventually and he'll slip up. Perhaps he'll make the mistake of going in low for a kick or some CQC, something that he does often enough. The second he does, it'll be over, Luke will catch his leg and rip him out of the air exactly like how he did against Jessica.

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind that Jessica has a degree of superhuman speed in her own right, especially while jumping. She was able to go from standing on the sidewalk corner, to the middle of the road rescuing a girl from a speeding car before the car could hit her, despite the car only being a few feet away. Very underlooked feat.

Alternately, between Luke jumping around trying to snag him, Sam might get distracted and not react in time to a trick arrow. A net like this has a pretty good radius, so I can see Falcon getting caught.

No Caption Provided

Or maybe one of these could come in handy.

No Caption Provided

Either way, Cupid has enough trick arrows and enough skill using them, when coupled with Luke Cage being just about invincible, that Sam probably won't be able to keep up with the heat for long.

Even in the worst case scenario, let's say Carrie dies (given her surprisingly spectacular record, what with beating Isaac Stanzler, Arsenal, Arrow, King Shark, and tons of expert mercs singlehandedly, I doubt she wouldn't be able to hold her own, but let's pretend) even if Carrie dies... what exactly is Falcon supposed to do? Machine pistols aren't making Luke budge... Sam never ever used a rifle, but even if he had one, it takes a shotgun blast pressed directly underneath Luke's chin in order to rattle his brain enough for a KO. Falcon can't replicate that, and in order to hit Luke directly in the eyes or something like that, he'd need to get in close. Close enough for Luke to get his hands on him, and since my characters are bloodlusted here, it'll be all over.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buildhare

Right so some "quick" rebuttal

Rebuttal

to manipulate the Arrow multiple times and predict his actions to get him exactly where she wanted him,

She had spent months obsessing over him, his actions and what kind of person he was. She preyed on his tolerance and was still ultimately outwitted and defeated. She lacks the prep time, knowledge or Oliver's "understanding" to make her a factor. Her abilities of manipulation have no bearing in this fight.

She even technically defeated The Arrow fair and square during their battle, despite not being a real match for his fighting skill, thanks solely to her SWAT training (cuffing dangerous suspects) and some quick thinking (dropping them into the subway tunnel).

Even you sound doubtful of her victory. She was clearly outmatched at several points in the fight, where Oliver didn't end it purely out of his morality and will to rescue her from her insanity. Indeed the quick thinking you mention was preceded by a lengthy pause where Oliver could've shot her, or in Falcons case, riddled her with bullets. Here are the instances I'm talking about;

Would've ended here if Oliver was serious
Would've ended here if Oliver was serious
Her
Her "quick thinking". 12 Seconds Falcon would've shot her to hell in.

Amanda Waller accepted her as a member of Task Force X (Suicide Squad)

It isn't exactly a selective group.

she even proved her tactical dominance over Captain Boomerang and Deadshot by being the only one capable of capturing King Shark.

I'm unfamiliar with this happening in the show, so if you could enlighten me further my response might be more accurate, but if what your saying is true this would be likely her only tactical/strategic feat in combat.

She is without a doubt the brains behind this operation, with Luke Cage being the muscle, and I'm sorry to say, as tricky as Falcon can be, from a tactical perspective he is no Oliver Queen.

She really isn't, she doesn't have the on the fly tactic making abilities you've bestowed on her, and she is constantly rescued from danger.

A beautiful Damsel in distress
A beautiful Damsel in distress
The
The "Brains" utilizing the run towards a bullet strategy. Isn't to fast on the draw either

Falcon isn't Oliver, but he's a lot closer to him then she is.

I almost feel bad for this, but let's be honest man, you caught a really unlucky break being matched up with me. Let's look at the facts.

• You are outnumbered.
  • Your only perk, the bullet proof vest, is useless in this situation as arrows in Arrow have no problems penetrating kevlar.
  • Your outclassed strategically.
  • Your outclassed physically.

Your partly right. Cage does indeed outclass Falcon in strength and durability. With regards to everything else you said, No.

Falcon is outnumbered for a very very brief moment before he quickly puts Cupid down. As I've hopefully already shown, she is absolutely no match for him. On the vest, its true that some bullet-proof vests are weak against Arrows, but many modern day vests possess significantly more layers then the ones you see in action movies. Because of this they are extremely resistant to fast moving-non ballistic projectiles as well. As I'm unsure exactly what body armor I have i'll just give a photo of the effects of an arrow on a modern day vest;

That's a Graze at best
That's a Graze at best

Its also important to appreciate that Cupid is one of the worst archers in the Arrow-verse, lacking anything to suggest she is capable of tagging someone in Falcons tier of speed.

But with no way of even dealing damage to Luke Cage, and under Cupid's archery assault, the pressure will get to him eventually and he'll slip up.

I'll get to hurting Cage in my strategy. As I've likely made clear Cupid died long before she was able to do anything meaningful.

Jessica has a degree of superhuman speed in her own right, especially while jumping. She was able to go from standing on the sidewalk corner, to the middle of the road rescuing a girl from a speeding car before the car could hit her, despite the car only being a few feet away. Very underlooked feat.

As this feat is an extreme outlier and its more likely then not it was for dramatic effect I'm going to go ahead and dismiss its validity. It might also be worth noting that throughout that fight Cage was repeatedly unable to get a hold, or even strike Jessica.

what exactly is Falcon supposed to do? Machine pistols aren't making Luke budge

Now this is really the big ticket question isn't it. TO THE STRATEGY SECTION!!!!!

The Winning Strategy

Really the first section of this battle can only go one way. Falcon speeds across the battlefield, high in the warehouse. Without basic knowledge your characters have approximately no chance of spotting him in the darkened space, while he can see them clear as day with his goggles. At this point the battle can differ a little bit, but in any scenario it results in Cupids untimely demise. (Note that in A and B Sam is able to stay well out of Cages ah, jumping range and still finish Cupid).

A) Falcon sees Cupid, he shoots her with either his machine pistols in flight or with his rifle from above.

B) Falcon sees Cupid and flies down to her, she looses some Arrows, and unable to tag him is killed via a swift bullet.

C) This only happens in the event Cage and Cupid split up. Sam can avoid killing her by kicking her with the force of a glide, or engaging her in straight H2H and defeating her before Cage arrives.

Believe it or not the Cage bit is even easier, albeit slightly longer. Falcon has shown the capacity to hover and shoot as well as fly from position to position. Cage doesn't have the speed, reaction times or leaping ability to tag Sam in flight, ever. While Cage is unable to reach him, Falcon is free to unload bullets into his sensitive areas. Again Eyes, ears, mouth and even the Scrotum are all up for grabs at this point. Cage becomes a shooting gallery and he can't do anything to stop it. While its true Falcon might not hit one of this vital areas (particularly the eyes) immediately, he is a great marksman who will make the shot in short order even if he has to do it from considerable range. Having a scoped rifle (the carbine) on his person makes this even easier. On Cages death, Sam engages in some kind of victory fly over.

That was my first body, looking forward to another great post @nickzambuto.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Nick please respond here for your second counter

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare:

She had spent months obsessing over him, his actions and what kind of person he was. She preyed on his tolerance and was still ultimately outwitted and defeated. She lacks the prep time, knowledge or Oliver's "understanding" to make her a factor. Her abilities of manipulation have no bearing in this fight.

Well she might have had the advantage of preparation, but no matter what, at the end of the day Cupid is still a lot more tactically oriented than Falcon is. You can't deny that. And actually, she was never outwitted by Oliver at all. She and Malcolm Merlyn are the only two villains throughout the course of all four seasons who Oliver never ended up outsmarting, Cupid was only captured of her own will. Remember, it wasn't her goal to kill Ollie, she wanted him to fall in love with her. To reach that end she organized multiple face-to-face meetings between the two, outright giving him her location, and even with Arsenal backing him up, Oliver was eluded by Cupid each time. In the end, she once again asked for a face-to-face meeting, and when Oliver finally got his hands on her and made it clear that he can subdue her in a fight with no problem, she AGAIN played it smart and managed to outsmart him and leave him handcuffed to a train track.

Cupid certainly had advantages over Oliver, but let's not try to completely devalue her accomplishments just because she had more time to prepare, especially when killing Oliver wasn't her goal either and she had something much more complicated in mind. Outwitting him the way she did, with as much consistency as she did and always staying one step ahead of everybody, and even by the very end, NEVER being outsmarted... that's impressive. Oliver ALWAYS outsmarts his opponents. Deathstroke, Ra's, Darhk. But not Cupid. And no I'm not saying Cupid is smarter than Slade or Ra's, but she IS a lot more strategically talented than you might think at first glance, and this is only furthered by her performance in the Suicide Squad (how can you say the Suicide Squad is not a selective group? It's the special black ops division of blackest military organization in the world.) That's a big advantage over Falcon, especially when she and Luke have Falcon outnumbered on top of that.

I'm unfamiliar with this happening in the show, so if you could enlighten me further my response might be more accurate, but if what your saying is true this would be likely her only tactical/strategic feat in combat.

It was in the Flash season 0 comics actually.

She really isn't, she doesn't have the on the fly tactic making abilities you've bestowed on her, and she is constantly rescued from danger.

You're taking those gifs completely out of context. She was not rescued from danger, she INTENDED to be run over by the train, that is not a failing of her intelligence at all. Now yes she was saved by Deadshot... once. But how is that her "constantly needing to be rescued from danger" and therefore proof that she's not highly intelligent? Everybody can use help from time to time... you're just trying to downplay her when in reality, she's portrayed in the show as a surprisingly clever strategist. I mean come on, Falcon was literally rescued WAY more often during 'Winter Soldier,' and he only has maybe half as much screentime as Cupid does. So I guess your argument backfired?... Or, in my opinion, a character receiving help from their teammates once in awhile just isn't reflective of their strategic talent.

Falcon is outnumbered for a very very brief moment before he quickly puts Cupid down. As I've hopefully already shown, she is absolutely no match for him.

Cupid can use stealth to her advantage, especially in an environment like this, and with her admirable archery skill she can very well snag Falcon by surprise.

Think about it, Sam is a pretty decent fellow right? So which enemy is he going to target first, the big burly mean-looking brute, or the woman? Basic strategy would indicate he'll target Luke, and be preoccupied for at least a few seconds while the bullets don't penetrate. Meanwhile Carrie can slip away into the shadows and set herself up for an ambush. Her arrows should have no problem killing Falcon in one hit, since the arrows in 'Arrow' regularly penetrate inches into solid steel. Falcon is going to need to dodge everything, but even giving him all the benefit of the doubt I can, he just hasn't proven he possesses the skill to multitask against two dangerous and versatile opponents at once. He opens fire on Carrie, Luke jumps into the air and grabs his ankle. He turns his attention to Luke, Carrie hits him with an arrow. He's facing one enemy who is totally immune to his damage output, and another who he should be totally unable to find. By comparison, BOTH of my fighters have the ability to oneshot Falcon, if they can simply land a hit. The odds just aren't in Sam's favor, dude.

As this feat is an extreme outlier and its more likely then not it was for dramatic effect I'm going to go ahead and dismiss its validity. It might also be worth noting that throughout that fight Cage was repeatedly unable to get a hold, or even strike Jessica.

Alright now that's just lowballing. Jessica is quick, deal with it. And Luke ripped her right out of the air. Sure she managed to evade him a lot during their fight... but she's a superhuman, Sam is not. And she still needed to tank quite a few blows just to survive, AND was still going to die in the end after all that, if the police didn't show up. All Luke needs to do is get his hands on Falcon, and it's basically over.

Really the first section of this battle can only go one way. Falcon speeds across the battlefield, high in the warehouse. Without basic knowledge your characters have approximately no chance of spotting him in the darkened space, while he can see them clear as day with his goggles.

His wings aren't exactly silent, and the warehouse is hardly high enough for this to be effective. I'm pretty sure even I would spot the guy pretty quickly.

Although I did forget about his goggles, they might be effective for countering stealth from Cupid. Although with Sam's attention split between fending off Luke and searching for Carrie, she should be alright so long as she stays behind cover.

A) Falcon sees Cupid, he shoots her with either his machine pistols in flight or with his rifle from above.

Certainly Carrie is competent enough not to stand around and make herself a target, she can make it to cover, or hell just take one step behind Cage and use him as cover. Taking her out won't be as simple as you might think.

Cage doesn't have the speed, reaction times or leaping ability to tag Sam in flight, ever.

If Sam is split between an expert archer raining down arrows on him and the superhuman wrecking ball that is Luke Cage, I think they're odds are pretty good. One of them is bound to hit the guy.

While Cage is unable to reach him, Falcon is free to unload bullets into his sensitive areas. Again Eyes, ears, mouth and even the Scrotum are all up for grabs at this point.

Ehh I don't know if scrotum or earshots are gonna be all that effective against the guy who pressed an electric saw into his belly until it broke just to prove his superpowers, and it's not like Cage will be running around with his mouth open. An eye shot could get the job done, but all Cage really needs to do is cover his face with his hand, maybe peer out between his fingers. Falcon is a good shot, but I don't think he has this level of precision on a moving target while in flight himself, and if he hovers, that gives Cage or Carrie the opening to attack.

It seems we're at somewhat of an impasse here, we just disagree on a few core components. Personally I just don't see Falcon successfully splitting his attention between these two very dangerous and very different threats, simultaneously and avoiding all their attacks while finding ways to defeat them. Again, Cage is just immune to Sam's damage output, and Cupid is pretty good at stealth. And they have two vs one. The odds are just in their favor. Although clearly, you see it differently. You think Sam can get a shot on Luke's eye or in his mouth to kill him, and I'm just a bit doubtful of those odds. It's certainly a plausible scenario, I just don't see Falcon as capable of it. Nothing more we can do in a situation like this, just agree to disagree, it's all cool.

The one thing I gotta call you out on though is the blatant lowballing of Cupid. That's not something we just disagree on, I think you're just outright wrong. Sure Carrie had the advantage of preparation and Ollie wasn't trying his hardest to murder her, but don't forget the facts that A) Cupid didn't want to hurt or kill Oliver either, her goals were much more complicated and therefore difficult to plan, and B) Cupid was never really defeated. She beat Oliver, could'a killed him as a matter of fact, but that wasn't her goal. Her goal was to make him love her, and she failed in that so she lost and got handed over to ARGUS. But in a battle-sense, she totally beat Oliver fair and square, and this was after being overpowered in direct combat, simply through some on-the-spot improvising and her SWAT training (cuffing dangerous suspects). That was genius thinking on Cupid's part, give credit where credit is due, man.

The idea of Cupid "constantly needing to be rescued" and therefore she's not smart, is just an awful thing to argue, it makes me wonder if you even watch the show, because it's literally just wrong, and that's with all due respect. That's like if I argued, Falcon's wings were prone to malfunction in the movie, so as soon as he falls to the ground, he's going to get shot her punched by Luke... Is that even true? Well his wings did break down a couple times, for various reasons. I can post gifs of it to prove my case... but I'm basically just lying, and applying a character trait that doesn't actually exist. His wings weren't prone to malfunction... and neither is Carrie not a clever fighter.

Maybe you don't like Cupid, and that's cool, but you don't seem to understand her character very well, and that's a problem when you make such strong statements. But this was a fun discussion, sad the tournament seems to be dead (maybe it's partly my fault for not replying in 27 days...) but maybe we can do a fuller CaV sometime and discuss the abilities of Arrow characters in more detail.

@nfactor1995

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

Rebuttal

Well she might have had the advantage of preparation, but no matter what, at the end of the day Cupid is still a lot more tactically oriented than Falcon is. You can't deny that

With prep, no doubt. Without its far less clear cut, Sams demonstrated tactical awareness during his fights (flying low under cover/Deactivating his pack to avoid missiles) that I think rival Cupids limited showings.

It was in the Flash season 0 comics actually.

Fair enough

She was not rescued from danger, she INTENDED to be run over by the train

She was still rescued regardless, it highlights the fragility of her mind (Gurl be cray).

Falcon was literally rescued WAY more often during 'Winter Soldier,' and he only has maybe half as much screentime as Cupid does

Not sure what instances your talking about here

So I guess your argument backfired

Guess again!

No Caption Provided

Think about it, Sam is a pretty decent fellow right? So which enemy is he going to target first, the big burly mean-looking brute, or the woman? Basic strategy would indicate he'll target Luke

He is, but given both are trying to kill him and the Woman is the only one with the means to reach him (a bow) I disagree.

Alright now that's just lowballing. Jessica is quick, deal with it. And Luke ripped her right out of the air. Sure she managed to evade him a lot during their fight... but she's a superhuman, Sam is not.

She is faster then Cage, but suggesting she has speed combarable with;

No Caption Provided

Isn't something I agree with

His wings aren't exactly silent, and the warehouse is hardly high enough for this to be effective. I'm pretty sure even I would spot the guy pretty quickly.

They aren't overly loud, he isn't going to be Batman or anything but it isn't a dead give away. The Warehouse is even higher then the photo (as per op) so I disagree.

Although I did forget about his goggles, they might be effective for countering stealth from Cupid. Although with Sam's attention split between fending off Luke and searching for Carrie, she should be alright so long as she stays behind cover.

He has an aerial advantage and sight enhancing goggles, I think its safe to say Sam will spot her before she spots him.

expert archer raining down arrows on him

Not sure she has the accuracy feats to suggest she can do this, she certainly isn't on the level of the better Archers

No Caption Provided

She lacks the accuracy feats to suggest she tags Falcon.

Ehh I don't know if scrotum or earshots are gonna be all that effective against the guy who pressed an electric saw into his belly until it broke just to prove his superpowers

I feel your underestimating the power of a scrotal barrage. All jokes aside, those are clearly weak areas.

An eye shot could get the job done, but all Cage really needs to do is cover his face with his hand, maybe peer out between his fingers.

Not sure a bloodlusted Cage is going to do that, even if he does it takes the liklehood of him tagging Falcon from "No way" to 0.

It seems we're at somewhat of an impasse here, we just disagree on a few core components. Personally I just don't see Falcon successfully splitting his attention between these two very dangerous and very different threats, simultaneously and avoiding all their attacks while finding ways to defeat them. Again, Cage is just immune to Sam's damage output, and Cupid is pretty good at stealth. And they have two vs one. The odds are just in their favor. Although clearly, you see it differently. You think Sam can get a shot on Luke's eye or in his mouth to kill him, and I'm just a bit doubtful of those odds. It's certainly a plausible scenario, I just don't see Falcon as capable of it. Nothing more we can do in a situation like this, just agree to disagree, it's all cool.

Agreed (to disagree?).

The one thing I gotta call you out on though is the blatant lowballing of Cupid. That's not something we just disagree on, I think you're just outright wrong. Sure Carrie had the advantage of preparation and Ollie wasn't trying his hardest to murder her, but don't forget the facts that A) Cupid didn't want to hurt or kill Oliver either, her goals were much more complicated and therefore difficult to plan, and B) Cupid was never really defeated.

I understand you might think that, but I strongly disagree. Me pointing out that most of her tactical feats were dependant on prep and extensive knowledge of her opponent isn't lowballing imo. Oliver didn't want to kill her either (forgive me for using this gif again)

No Caption Provided

The arguement for Oliver never defeating her has some validity, but given he had multiple chances to end her rampage but didn't due to morals (He didn't even want to hurt her). She got through with a healthy dose of CIS from him.

No Caption Provided

He could've ended it here as well, but instead the plot demanded some exposition. This isn't lowballing, its just pointing out that she was only sucessful with a large degree of circumstance on her side.

(cuffing dangerous suspects). That was genius thinking on Cupid's part, give credit where credit is due, man

*Credit Given*

The idea of Cupid "constantly needing to be rescued" and therefore she's not smart, is just an awful thing to argue, it makes me wonder if you even watch the show, because it's literally just wrong, and that's with all due respect

Deadshot rescued her because she failed to beat a politican on the draw.

Ollie rescued her because she was suicidal.

The first instance is indicative of her relatively low rank as a street level combatant, the second demonstrates she is far from mentally stable. Don't see a problem stating that.

Maybe you don't like Cupid, and that's cool, but you don't seem to understand her character very well, and that's a problem when you make such strong statements.

I disagree but alright

Strategy (Exactly the same)

Really the first section of this battle can only go one way. Falcon speeds across the battlefield, high in the warehouse. Without basic knowledge your characters have approximately no chance of spotting him in the darkened space, while he can see them clear as day with his goggles. At this point the battle can differ a little bit, but in any scenario it results in Cupids untimely demise. (Note that in A and B Sam is able to stay well out of Cages ah, jumping range and still finish Cupid).

B) Falcon sees Cupid and flies down to her, she looses some Arrows, and unable to tag him is killed via a swift bullet.

C) This only happens in the event Cage and Cupid split up. Sam can avoid killing her by kicking her with the force of a glide, or engaging her in straight H2H and defeating her before Cage arrives.

Believe it or not the Cage bit is even easier, albeit slightly longer. Falcon has shown the capacity to hover and shoot as well as fly from position to position. Cage doesn't have the speed, reaction times or leaping ability to tag Sam in flight, ever. While Cage is unable to reach him, Falcon is free to unload bullets into his sensitive areas. Again Eyes, ears, mouth and even the Scrotum are all up for grabs at this point. Cage becomes a shooting gallery and he can't do anything to stop it. While its true Falcon might not hit one of this vital areas (particularly the eyes) immediately, he is a great marksman who will make the shot in short order even if he has to do it from considerable range. Having a scoped rifle (the carbine) on his person makes this even easier. On Cages death, Sam engages in some kind of victory fly over.

I'm ready to go to votes whenever you like, I have a feeling my next post would just be reiterating what I've already said.

But this was a fun discussion

Likewise.

@nfactor1995

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By renamed040924
nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think im giving this to nick.

Buildhare did a great job but i think I would have liked more accuracy feats from falcon.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna vote for @buildhare here.

I feel he successfully nullified Nick's team and used Falcon's powers to his advantage. I just couldn't see Luke being able to do anything to Falcon at all as a result of BH arguments, and he really shut down Cupid.

As an aside, the ballistics vest was sold as this:

BONUS) Body Armor- As well as his regular suit Falcon also has body armor in this battle, capable of negating balistic/projectile based weaponry to the torso/mid-section.

Key component being "projectile based weaponry". Reading that, I assumed it automatically shut down arrows, though I didn't see that addressed.

Good work to both guys, Nick unfortunately just got a matchup where he couldn't do all that much.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to go with Buildhare here. Proved without a doubt that Cupid is going to have an EXTREMELY difficult time ever hitting Falcon, and posted gifs to back up his avoidance feats. Nick did nothing to bolster her accuracy.

After that Nick said this, "An eye shot could get the job done, but all Cage really needs to do is cover his face with his hand, maybe peer out between his fingers."

You acknowledged that maybe an eye shot could get it done, instead of posting the saw gif in your defense of just how durable he is, making Buildhare prove that it would work. So you just substantiated that he could effectively harm you, and now you have Luke just standing there covering his eyes with his hands. That's where you lost it to me.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tayssti

Was expecting to vote for Nick because of my doubts that Falcon could effectively take out Luke Cage but i think Buildhare convinced me he could while also convincing me that Cupid would more then likely be taken out quickly and not contribute much.

Voting for Buildhare.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 oceanmaster21  Online
buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers