Posted by man_thing (296 posts) 4 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Arrow vs Daredevil (39 votes)

Green Arrow 64%
Daredevil 36%

Because this fight has been done a few times, I'm adding some strict rules to make this stand out.

• CW and MCU.
  • Defenders feats allowed for Matt.
  • Purely h2h. Basic knowledge. Opponents are not allowed to use any items to use as a melee weapon.
  • Fight in a well lit warehourse. Opponents start with full view of each other.
  • Bloodlusted and going for kill.
#1 Posted by ANTHP2000 (20633 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt.

#3 Posted by lubub55 (12742 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure this has been done.

#4 Posted by man_thing (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55: I asked jedixman. He okayed this.

#5 Posted by mrmonster (11712 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

#6 Posted by AngelJax (10715 posts) - - Show Bio

50/50

#7 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5048 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie via his nonsensical durability advantage

#8 Posted by RBT (24982 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie. Skill is up in the air but Oliver is decisively faster, stronger, hits harder, has better durability and is more ruthless.

Also, I don't see this going to KO. Ollie would likely snap Matt's arm or something.

#9 Posted by Slade-Prime (745 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol ollie has started fights at 40/100 health bar or lower and comes out on top as if he had 100/100 health, Ollie breaks Matt's neck the moment he headlocks him

Avatar image for originalcaptain
#10 Posted by OriginalCaptain (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil 6-7/10.

I don't see Oliver replicating Matts feat against Elektra/Black Sky.

#11 Posted by TheKinfing (11116 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Ollie. Skill is up in the air but Oliver is decisively faster, stronger, hits harder, has better durability and is more ruthless.

Also, I don't see this going to KO. Ollie would likely snap Matt's arm or something.

Matt arrow-timing feats are just as good as Oliver's, he's clearly just as fast in combat as we saw him outperforming Elektra and fighting Murakami and Bakuto at the same time, and his feat of breaking concret while hitting Bakuto is easily as good as Oliver best standalone striking feats.

#12 Edited by The_Gaurdian (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodlusted? Oliver 9/10

#13 Posted by jayskee (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt

#14 Edited by RBT (24982 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekinfing: Arrow timing is hardly Oliver's best speed feat. He deflected about a dozen cards from extremely close range thrown by Double Down. He moves at almost normal pace in a very slowed down scenario.

Loading Video...

Also, Oliver catching arrows shot from behind his back is better speed feat that Matt doing the same(since Matt's senses assist him).

As for his striking, I think Oliver punching through a car's windshield and punching down a Dominator puts his striking above Matt's.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#15 Posted by IndomitableRegal (13642 posts) - - Show Bio

This is still Ollie's fight, though the gap has closed over time.

#16 Posted by Pokeysteve (11979 posts) - - Show Bio

Although his skill has seemingly declined recently, Ollie is still above Matt in all categories I can think of.

#17 Edited by The_Magister (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil. Not a stomp, but not very close either.

#18 Posted by TheKinfing (11116 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: The cards moved at unquantifiable speeds, arrow timing is much better to determine his speed. Your clip from the finale could be atributed more than anything, I'm not doubting that Oliver is a very casual arrow timer I just don't think that those particular feats put him above Matt.

The Dominators where very incosistent, at their best they where trading blows with Steel, yet Oliver and Diggle managed to take hits from them, which shouldn't logically happen, you could argue that that's more a feat for their durability that a anti-feat for the dominators, but I believe that that would require you to rank Oliver quite a bit higher than you do, and lets face nobody ranks Oliver higher than you do.

I can't seem to remember the windshield istance, could you post it?

Daredevil. Not a stomp, but not very close either.

I disagree, Oliver should take a slight mayority due to comparable skill and superior durability.

#19 Posted by RBT (24982 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekinfing:

The cards moved at unquantifiable speeds, arrow timing is much better to determine his speed. Your clip from the finale could be atributed more than anything, I'm not doubting that Oliver is a very casual arrow timer I just don't think that those particular feats put him above Matt.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. That feat of Oliver's is quite a bit above just arrow timing.

But fair enough.

The Dominators where very incosistent, at their best they where trading blows with Steel, yet Oliver and Diggle managed to take hits from them, which shouldn't logically happen, you could argue that that's more a feat for their durability that a anti-feat for the dominators, but I believe that that would require you to rank Oliver quite a bit higher than you do, and lets face nobody ranks Oliver higher than you do.

Oliver has always been capable of taking hits from superhumans. That's nothing new. As for him taking hits from Dominators, even if we ignore the Steel feat, that backhand to his face sent Oliver flying over 30ft and he completely seemed unaffected by the hit. And I wasn't using it as a durability feat anyway. I don't remember any low showing from Dominators at all(regarding durability). So, Oliver punching one down is pretty impressive. Coupled that with Oliver's windshield feat and the fact that he made a Mirakuru user bleed(even if just slightly) puts him above Matt, IMO.

I can't seem to remember the windshield istance, could you post it?

Probably because its from tie in comics.

No Caption Provided

#20 Edited by BruceRogers (16196 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil fodderises him. Much better in every way.

Edit - Oops, it's MCU Daredevil. Never mind, moving on...

#21 Posted by man_thing (296 posts) - - Show Bio

up

#22 Posted by Simppa (403 posts) - - Show Bio

F U L L V I E W

#23 Posted by jayskee (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#24 Posted by DSTREET45 (5056 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt in a good fight.

#25 Posted by The_Magister (11968 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45: How do you think Oliver would fare against Elektra?

#26 Posted by bump1010 (889 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil 6-7/10.

I don't see Oliver replicating Matts feat against Elektra/Black Sky.

I agree Oliver can't replicate Matts showing against Elektra. He isn't as agile or evasive. However Matt did still lose his fight to Elektra because she is more durable. I wont say Oliver is as durable as Elektra because I don't see him no selling hits from peak humans like Elektra does, but Olivers durability is still very impressive. He has taken hits from mirakuru users, CW Flash, and he was able to defeat Damian Darhk in a punching contest despite Damian being super human. Oliver is a more skilled and faster version of punisher basically.

#27 Posted by godzilla44 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Ollie

#28 Edited by OriginalCaptain (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@bump1010:

Oliver has no feats that come even remotely close to this. Olivers feat against Dahrk is not nearly as good as Matts against Elektra.

Elektra is very skilled in her own right & she is a casual bullet timer. Not only that but Matt held his own unarmed with a suit on while she was wielding 2 swords.

#29 Posted by IceHeart_30 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Daredevil

#30 Posted by Lan_Fan (8718 posts) - - Show Bio

The title is kinda misleading, I thought this was comic version.

Arrow should probably win.

#31 Posted by bump1010 (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@originalcaptain:

Oliver has no feats that come even remotely close to this. Olivers feat against Dahrk is not nearly as good as Matts against Elektra.

This is an exaggeration. Damian Darhk is also skilled. He has super human physicals as well, and if we scale from Reiter he is stronger and more durable. I can see how Matts showing is better but I think saying Oliver has no showing remotely close to it is an exaggeration. And he doesn't really need a showing like that because Oliver, Matt, and Elektra are all different stylistically anyways.

Elektra is very skilled in her own right & she is a casual bullet timer. Not only that but Matt held his own unarmed with a suit on while she was wielding 2 swords.

Yea it is a good showing. But I don't think Oliver needs to replicate that showing specifically to be able to defeat Matt. Matt can do something's Oliver can't and Oliver can do things Matt can't.

#32 Posted by OriginalCaptain (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

@bump1010:

I don't think it's an exaggeration. Oliver might be physically slightly stronger & more durable .. Ill will admit that, but his fight with Elektra shows that Matts is on a whole different level skill-wise imo. Fighting someone close to your skill-level, unarmed, while she is wielding two swords in a close office room speaks volumes for his fighting ability and senses.

Yes Oliver might be better in some aspects, but I would rank Daredevil overall above Arrow without a doubt.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#33 Posted by _KingofLatveria (17209 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil in a close fight

#34 Posted by Amcu (13971 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel as if Matt is more skilled. But Oliver would probably win just due to his extreme durability.

#35 Posted by bump1010 (889 posts) - - Show Bio

@originalcaptain:

I don't think it's an exaggeration. Oliver might be physically slightly stronger & more durable .. Ill will admit that, but his fight with Elektra shows that Matts is on a whole different level skill-wise imo. Fighting someone close to your skill-level, unarmed, while she is wielding two swords in a close office room speaks volumes for his fighting ability and senses.

I don't consider Elektra to be close to Matt in terms of skill. Before she was black sky Nobu was treating her like a total non-factor. She might have improved under Alexandra but her only skill feat is killing the hand ninjas in darkness which mostly only shows her senses.

The fact that Matt could fight Elektra despite being at a huge disadvantage would mean by default that she has to be a lot less skilled. I think what makes the showing impressive is when you compare Danny's performance to Matts.

Yes Oliver might be better in some aspects, but I would rank Daredevil overall above Arrow without a doubt.

I think skill is the only area Matt holds an advantage. But I don't think its big enough to overcome all of Olivers physicals. Mainly strength and durability.

#36 Posted by DanielDaRipper (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

Oliver should take it. His season finale showing against an amped Damien Darhk should be better than Matt's showing against Elektra. Before the amp Darhk was a bullet timer, and could ragdoll men in similar fashion to Elektra (he scales to Reiter and Taianna who were much weaker than him but could still send Oliver flying 20-30 feet). There's also his stat advantage as well.

#37 Edited by DSTREET45 (5056 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister said:

@dstreet45: How do you think Oliver would fare against Elektra?

Oliver puts up a fight but eventually loses.