• 51 results
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By jayskee

Fight takes place in downtown Hong Kong.

Round 1: Hand to Hand

Round 2: Start from 50 feet away. Oliver gets 35 regular arrows. Wei gets a handgun with 3 clips.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Arrow should win

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shen wins, Wei is superhuman than Ollie

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Needs feats

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found Wei pretty impressive, but he's no Oliver Queen at all when it comes to H2H or physicals.

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: my friend wei shen will wipe the floor with oliver.Way too skilled in martial arts

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: my friend wei shen will wipe the floor with oliver.Way too skilled in martial arts

He's really nothing special if we actually compare his feats to Oliver's and who he's trained with.

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: his martial arts was superior in every way trust me.Watch the gameplay and you'll see

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: his martial arts was superior in every way trust me.Watch the gameplay and you'll see

I finished the game 4 times, I know about the martial arts, show me some gameplay and we can directly compare it to Oliver's and the choreography of Oliver's fights are on another level. And plus you still have to take WHO they fought into consideration as well. Wei commonly fights martial artist thugs, or simply street thugs, not high class martial artists or grand master assassins. If I am being honest, John Diggle would probably stomp him, even Thea would too.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By assemblesquad

@deathhero61 said:
@silver00000 said:

I finished the game 4 times, I know about the martial arts, show me some gameplay and we can directly compare it to Oliver's and the choreography of Oliver's fights are on another level. And plus you still have to take WHO they fought into consideration as well. Wei commonly fights martial artist thugs, or simply street thugs, not high class martial artists or grand master assassins. If I am being honest, John Diggle would probably stomp him, even Thea would too.

Wei can use his face ability which allows him to increase damage and can also intimidate his foes. Wei can fight other superior martial artists in the DLC called Zodiac Tournament and fought a master in a final boss. And I don't think Thea can beat Wei, he has better reflexes with countering, he's also durable enough to get launched through a front windshield vehicle into a ground or hit to the wall.

Loading Video...

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeathHero61

@assemblesquad: Literally none of that is impressive. Oliver defeated the world's greatest assassin, has beat top class martial artists, made fools of entire swat teams, gotten the better of superhumans that would outright kill wei in less than a second, kept up with bullet timing immortal combatants who have hundreds of years of experience under their belt, and has trained in several martial arts(not just a single teacher like Wei has) and has trained under assassins and Russian mercenaries, the vastness of Oliver's experience alone makes this unfair.

This shouldn't be an argument, and I'm willing to get out of my comfort zone to CAV you on this.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver beats the cap out of Wei

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silver00000

@deathhero61: what??

John diggle is not that much more skilled than the grapplers in sleeping dogs tbh.

The people oliver has fought ain't superior to the thugs wei shen went up agajnst.Even the fodder in sleeping dogs have a certain degree of fighting skills and many could give league of assassins a run for their money trust me.Secondly wei shen and his martial arts are above the training of assassins meaning that he could effectively beat anyone you throw at him including Oliver and ra s al ghul .The zodiac tournament should clearly highlight that for you.

Deathstroke was under the influence of mirakuru and it is therefore not fair fight.Take that away from him and he's just a well trained Australian commando but definitely not above wei shen in fighting prowess.Finally don't forget that wei has trained in martial arts since he was a child while Oliver started later in life and trained by people who wei shen could put down like rabid dogs.Youre the kind of guy who just reads the arrowverse and reaches a conclusion without thinking.I repeat to you that wei shen beats Oliver in a h2h fight just because the choreography is good doesn't mean the fighters are the best there are and many people will tell you this if you don't take it from me brother

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad: Wei can fight other superior martial artists in the DLC called Zodiac Tournament and fought a master in a final boss.

And Oliver's tooled Malcolm Merlyn, Nyssa Al Ghul, is by this point probably an equal of Ra's Al Ghul, and beat an amped Damien Darkh. Hardly impressive.

he's also durable enough to get launched through a front windshield vehicle into a ground or hit to the wall.

Loading Video...

Smashed through a ceiling, thrown across a street, ragdolled by Darkh, smashed through glass, and got up seconds later. Yeah, I'd say his durability's far more impressive.

OT: Oliver should win both rounds handily.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: what??

John diggle is not that much more skilled than the grapplers in sleeping dogs tbh.

That's not remotely true, he's a trained military solider, who also took martial arts training from Oliver, and gained enough skill to keep up with the upper tiers in the verse such as Malcom Merlyn, how are the grapplers anything special, when he has also fought the league of assassins alongside the other members of team arrow?

The people oliver has fought ain't superior to the thugs wei shen went up agajnst.Even the fodder in sleeping dogs have a certain degree of fighting skills and many could give league of assassins a run for their money trust me.

What's your basis? What kind of background do they have? What kind of weaponry? There is literally no reason why a regular thug is any better than a league of assassin, who are trained from childbirth.

Secondly wei shen and his martial arts are above the training of assassins meaning that he could effectively beat anyone you throw at him including Oliver and ra s al ghul .The zodiac tournament should clearly highlight that for you.

It really wasn't. At this point you're trolling.

Deathstroke was under the influence of mirakuru and it is therefore not fair fight.Take that away from him and he's just a well trained Australian commando but definitely not above wei shen in fighting prowess.

Fighting someone who has that much of a strength advantage without being overpowered is a form of skill in itself, Oliver would have to parry everything Slade threw at him to avoid direct hits so he wouldn't die.

Finally don't forget that wei has trained in martial arts since he was a child while Oliver started later in life and trained by people who wei shen could put down like rabid dogs.

So has Ras Al Ghoul.... Oliver has literally trained with the best fighters in his verse. Wei trained with some random martial artist in a back alley. Stop trolling.

Youre the kind of guy who just reads the arrowverse and reaches a conclusion without thinking.I repeat to you that wei shen beats Oliver in a h2h fight just because the choreography is good doesn't mean the fighters are the best there are and many people will tell you this if you don't take it from me brother

I watched Arrowverse to its 6th season, and I played sleeping dogs 3-4 times, I know both characters fairly well, Wei is indeed impressive but he's no better than one of Oliver's pupils, or maybe Thea or Diggle AT MOST and that's being generous considering to keep up with the best since the most recent seasons. The difference in what they deal with is staggering.

Loading Video...

You cannot watch something like say Arrow vs Flash, or Arrow vs Damien Darkh or arrow vs an entire group of assassins, and say that some thugs on the street are somehow better.

"just because the choreography is good doesn't mean the fighters are the best there are and many people will tell you this if you don't take it from me brother"

This was literally the first argument you made.....you told me to watch the videos and see how skilled Wei was. Wei has never fought an established opponent, he hasn't fought immortals with hundreds of years of experience, he hasn't fought the grandmaster of assassins, he hasn't taken on swat teams, dodged bullets, fought speedsters, fought metahumans, he hasn't taken on entire groups of assassins armed to the teeth by himself. He has gotten arrested several times by the police, meaning he couldn't even ghost the police, but Oliver did several times, and even ghosted swat.

Show me every single feat you possibly can for wei and I can show Oliver doing something equal or significantly better, BTW we were only talking about strict martial arts skills, we didn't even go into the massive stat advantage oliver has in speed, strength and durability.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By assemblesquad

@deathhero61: What If Wei has feats in The Nightmare on North Point DLC where he fights immortal beings and gets his magic powers.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breakofdawn: Nyssa might be not impressive h2h fighter than Wei.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: What If Wei has feats in The Nightmare on North Point DLC where he fights immortal beings and gets his magic powers.

His magic powers are very limited, correct me if I am wrong all he gets in that DLC is minor flame manipulation which lets him coats his hands in fire and a flaming sword, this is just my guess, but his stats may have increased a little due to the empowerment and cause he's fighting demons, but I don't think that's enough to match Oliver in round 2 where he has his gear and his weapons which allow him to pretty much snipe him. Has Wei ever caught an arrow?

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad said:

His magic powers are very limited, correct me if I am wrong all he gets in that DLC is minor flame manipulation which lets him coats his hands in fire and a flaming sword, this is just my guess, but his stats may have increased a little due to the empowerment and cause he's fighting demons, but I don't think that's enough to match Oliver in round 2 where he has his gear and his weapons which allow him to pretty much snipe him. Has Wei ever caught an arrow?

Wei has never caught an arrow, so Wei can beat Oliver in Hand to Hand if he gets his feats from the DLC story.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad: Probably not, but I was just using it as a general point since he was talking about that tournament involving skilled H2H fighters.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeathHero61

@assemblesquad said:
@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:

Wei has never caught an arrow, so Wei can beat Oliver in Hand to Hand if he gets his feats from the DLC story.

If he cannot react to an arrow he is going to lose before the fight begins in round 2. Not really, he's a little stronger at most, and can coat his hands in fire, that's not enough to beat Oliver in hand to hand

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assemblesquad said:
@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:

If he cannot react to an arrow he is going to lose before the fight begins in round 2. Not really, he's a little stronger at most, and can coat his hands in fire, that's not enough to beat Oliver in hand to hand

Wei's special ability can do more damage to Oliver which can harm demons.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeathHero61

@assemblesquad said:
@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:
@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:

The problem is he has to land hits on Oliver to make use of that special ability. Oliver dealt with mirakuru soliders who had a strength advantage on him in CQC, meaning he had to avoid as many hits as possible to minimize damage, its the same principal here. Think of the gameplay of Sleeping Dogs, where you have to use as many counters as possible to avoid getting hit. We already established that Oliver is his superior. Wei has no chance regardless.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By assemblesquad

@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:
@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:
@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:

The problem is he has to land hits on Oliver to make use of that special ability. Oliver dealt with mirakuru soldiers who had a strength advantage on him in CQC, meaning he had to avoid as many hits as possible to minimize damage, it's the same principle here. Think of the gameplay of Sleeping Dogs, where you have to use as many counters as possible to avoid getting hit. We already established that Oliver is his superior. Wei has no chance regardless.

But can Oliver take on a Yaoguai (a demon who can dodge attacks by teleporting from the ground)?

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Army h2h combat training is basic my friend and doesn't put diggle anywhere near wei shen in skill.He was then trained by people who wei could beat handily.Not trolling here seriously,shen wins tho

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Army h2h combat training is basic my friend and doesn't put diggle anywhere near wei shen in skill.He was then trained by people who wei could beat handily.Not trolling here seriously,shen wins tho

Its better than thugs with basic street fighting and minor knowledge of martial arts, and he trained with Oliver who has martial arts skills.

And why don't you respond to the rest of my argument then?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:
@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:
@deathhero61 said:
@assemblesquad said:

The problem is he has to land hits on Oliver to make use of that special ability. Oliver dealt with mirakuru soldiers who had a strength advantage on him in CQC, meaning he had to avoid as many hits as possible to minimize damage, it's the same principle here. Think of the gameplay of Sleeping Dogs, where you have to use as many counters as possible to avoid getting hit. We already established that Oliver is his superior. Wei has no chance regardless.

But can Oliver take on a Yaoguai (a demon who can dodge attacks by teleporting from the ground)?

He fought the Flash who can move at the speed of sound, he fought Damien Darkh who had FTE level speed, could react to bullets and had telekinesis, and he helped fight off an alien invasion... you guys are really trying too hard.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DeathHero61

Round 1: Oliver dominates the hand to hand matchup with minor difficulty at most

Round 2: Dominates completely considering Wei has no feats of arrow timing let alone bullet timing. And Green Arrow will get a shot off before Wei can. For example, he had the draw speed to shoot an arrow in the amount of time it took a grenade from a grenade launcher to reach him. That's insanely impressive.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile Oliver is a professional aim dodger, and has bullet timing feats, and has kept up with those with bullet timing feats. Oliver is the better marksman and will snipe Wei before the battle even gets any interesting, Wei has a handgun, but that will be the first thing to go considering Oliver could simply shoot it out of his hand, he was accurate enough to shoot the flashlights off of two guns

https://gfycat.com/FirstPracticalGecko#?speed=0.5

He was accurate enough to shoot his arrow down the barrel of a gun, meaning as a joke he could make the gun useless

https://gfycat.com/MealyShockingHomalocephale#?speed=0.9

Summary of results: Oliver is faster and stronger, keeping up with superhumans of all ilks, and is more skilled due to having a more established background, Wei was trained in a martial arts academy in hong kong(no different from any martial arts joint down the street) took basic police academy training, and was a police officer for awhile. Oliver spent 5 years training under mercenaries who have survivalist skills and martial arts training, trained in various weaponry, ranging from staffs, handguns, assault rifles, and even his famous bow and arrow. He has been in the russian mafia as one of the top underlings, somewhere down the line he fought and trained with Ras Al Ghoul the top assassin on the planet, and has beaten hordes of his league of assassins on his own, and many people who trained under Oliver have done the same. Wei's experience in the triad and the police force cannot come close to comparing to what Oliver has dealt with. Even with the DLC feats.

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: if you say so

If that's your only response, then I take that as a concession that you couldn't beat my argument.

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By silver00000

@deathhero61: I can beat your argument.What evidence you got that ras al ghul and his cult are the best assassins in the world? just because the arrowverse states so? these are people who wei would fuck up and for you to say that the people who wei fights dont measure to league of assassins is an insult

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oliver both Rounds, but if Wei gets gameplay feats then he wrecks in Round 1 and has a solid chance in Round 2.

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeathHero61

@silver00000 said:

@deathhero61: I can beat your argument.What evidence you got that ras al ghul and his cult are the best assassins in the world? just because the arrowverse states so? these are people who wei would fuck up and for you to say that the people who wei fights dont measure to league of assassins is an insult

What evidence do you have that Wei measures up to them in skill when he only has basic martial arts training and police academy training?In a debate, if you were to compare two classes of training, or two classes of strength or two classes of weapons, you would know the damn difference.

• You know the difference between a pistol and an AK47
  • You know the difference between someone who can lift 100 pounds and someone who can lift 100 tons
  • You know the difference between an assassin or a martial arts grandmaster and a police officer.

And part of my argument was also stats, that you have not refuted whatsoever, and you haven't refuted my experience argument either. And I have evidence for both of those fronts.

What evidence do you have that Wei can beat him in hand to hand? You gave no details for your argument relating to Wei's skill and the choreography of the game isn't good evidence. Because we can do a comparison as well and its not as impressive regardless. The people he's fought? He generally fights thugs from Chinese triads, Police Officers, and in the DLC some demons. Oliver has fought trained martial artists, superhumans, mercenaries, assassins and the like. The moves he shows in gameplay? Its quite clear what "feats" are strictly gameplay mechanics(face for example) and what feats are his own abilities.(Martial arts, his stats, etc.) Wei has no superpowers.

And wei has no chance in round 2 because he has no way of reacting to Oliver's arrows or draw speed at 35 feet. Oliver would beat him on the draw.

And if you really think you beaten my argument, lets settle this in an organized CAV debate where we lay all our points on the table citing evidence, clips and the like, and let the entire community decide who won the debate.

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By silver00000

@deathhero61: how can you say that wei and his martial arts are basic?

He is like 1-2 leagues above anyone in the arrowverse.Youre just in denial.

The choreography in arrow is pretty shit from season 4.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: how can you say that wei and his martial arts are basic?

He is like 1-2 leagues above anyone in the arrowverse.Youre just in denial.

The choreography in arrow is pretty shit from season 4.

......so are you going to cite evidence?

Cite evidence?

Cite evidence?

Thatoneguy887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wei

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: ok I don't know how to put clips on but.....

The zodiac tournament was composed of elite martial artists who could beat league of assassins including the tournament master at the end who was incredibly skilled regardless of what you say

He managed to take out a whole crime syndicate in a single night after being tortured.I played the game myself multiple times and a lot of the "fodder"wei shen faces are solidly skilled especially the triad big guys who are solid grapplers and could give john diggle a very tough fight if not potentially beat him (50-50).

He takes out mr tong the triad torturer who was a mixture of surgeon and ninja with those fucking knives of his.Keep in mind that at this point he was already losing blood like a fucking fountain and was weak yet he manages to achieve a body count to rival the punisher's highlighting not only his superior close range skills but also his long range abilities.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver00000: nothing you have stated comes close to rivaling Ollie in skill, let alone speed and durability.

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: highlight some feats for me then h2h just so we 're on the same page

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: yh feats that do not show he is superior in h2h

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: ok I don't know how to put clips on but.....

The zodiac tournament was composed of elite martial artists who could beat league of assassins including the tournament master at the end who was incredibly skilled regardless of what you say

Cool, what's their credentials? What feats do you have? Any lore on their standing compared to other martial artists in the Sleeping Dog Universe?

He managed to take out a whole crime syndicate in a single night after being tortured.I played the game myself multiple times and a lot of the "fodder"wei shen faces are solidly skilled especially the triad big guys who are solid grapplers and could give john diggle a very tough fight if not potentially beat him (50-50).

Okay? Oliver has done similar if not better things. Prometheus and Damien Darkh are way more impressive on a wider scale than the Crime Syndicate that Wei dealt with(BTW he had massive help from the officials) And what's your basis for grapplers with poor form being able to beat a special forces elite like Diggle who also got training from Oliver?

He takes out mr tong the triad torturer who was a mixture of surgeon and ninja with those fucking knives of his.Keep in mind that at this point he was already losing blood like a fucking fountain and was weak yet he manages to achieve a body count to rival the punisher's highlighting not only his superior close range skills but also his long range abilities.

??? Okay? I'm going to mention this for the umpteenth time, that Oliver has faced assassins, those who partake in training beyond the level of simple martial arts, are weapon masters and studied the art of killing. Has beaten Deathstroke a trained mercenary, and was at the top of the food chain for a russian mafia. Do you have anything else? I could go on a tanget of how he gave Flash a good fight when he first got his powers, was able to perceive Reverse Flash, stomped Malcom Merlyn later in the series who was fast enough to tag Firestorm mid-flight

No Caption Provided

And was good enough to keep up with both Arrow and Diggle at the same time(early in the series)

No Caption Provided

And was able to kill a Mirukuru Soldier(enhanced brick-like fighters with superhuman strength that can break concrete) these soldiers fought like grapplers mind you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oexadoeVzIA&feature=youtu.be&t=2m26s

And can catch an arrow mid-flight

No Caption Provided

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: what feats do the people he faced have? Just because merlyn was

Able to dent steel or break a bow and arrow?

Wei can do that no problem.He was killing people with one shot and smashing concrete when he dropped them.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: what feats do the people he faced have? Just because merlyn was

able to dent steel or break a bow and arrow?

Wei can do that no problem.He was killing people with one shot and smashing concrete when he dropped them.

I literally just posted feats for both Oliver and Merlyn.

Show me a youtube video, post a link.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver00000: hes far better. Everything you have stated is easily replicated by oliver.

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silver00000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By silver00000

@deathhero61: besides Oliver survived a shitload of encounters only because the of plot.It is basically all Bullshit which is malleable for the script as a whole.A great deal of shit he wouldnt be able to survive trust me.And you're forgetting that he got the shit beaten out of him by merlyn