TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

The Armstrong Academy Scenario - Main Thread

Welcome to the Armstrong Academy Scenario Main Thread -- it is here that all participants will post their actions for advancements. This OP will also contain a multitude of helpful links and information about NPC characters, various factions, and locations in the Armstrong Universe.

I hope you have fun and enjoy the Armstrong Experience!!

Here is a link to the Armstrong Academy Companion Guide which lists characters, locations, factions, and lore!

Armstrong Academy Locations

These are significant locations or points of interest at the Armstrong Academy:

• MAIN BUILDING- The largest building on campus and the first building anyone comes across when visiting. It contains the majority of the Academy Facilities. This building (and the rest of the campus) is surrounded by a large outer wall that prohibits non-authorized individuals from roaming the campus, it is outfitted with several security measures designed by Pro Heroes Troubleshooter, Catalyst, Polymath, and Urban Legend.
  • ARENA- Located on the grounds; the Arena is a large complex used for a variety of training exercises and for the sport of Blitzball.
  • ENGINEERING WORKSHOP- Located next to the main building; the Engineering Workshop is a large hangar filled with different tools and machinery to help build a variety of equipment used by Pro Heroes.
  • FACULTY LOUNGE - Located in the main building; the Faculty Lounge is just what it sounds like, a common area for faculty only.
  • HEADMASTER'S OFFICE - Located in the main building; the Headmaster's office is used for private meetings and serves as the 'home base' for Headmaster Armstrong. Assistant Headmaster Queen Wasp & the Administrative Assistant, Three, also have offices located nearby. Visitors are required to check in at this office when coming to campus.
  • GYM- Located in the main building; the Gym is where physical education classes occur and serves as a place for students to train (under supervision) on their down time.
  • LABORATORIES- Located in the main building; the Laboratories provide students the opportunity to study the subjects of Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, Cellular Biology, Physics, and much, much, more.
  • LECTURE HALLS- Located in the main building are a variety of lecture halls (A thru Z) for certain lectures or briefings for both students and faculty.
  • LIBRARY & HALL OF HEROES- Located within the main building; the Library and the Hall of Heroes; both run by the Pro Hero, Living Transcript. The Library provides students and faculty with resources for a wide variety of subjects; the Hall of Heroes does the same, but with up to date information about Pro Heroes and Alumni of the Academy.
  • NURSES OFFICE- Located within the main building; the nurses office is where the Pro Hero, Madam Suture, cares for and tends to any student of faculty wounds sustained during training or from missions.
  • SOUZ ZEST'S CAFETERIA- The main dining hall at the Armstrong Academy; featuring food served up by the Gourmet Hero, Souz Zest! Food not consumed by the end of the day is transported to the student housing complexes scattered throughout the campus, so as to not go to waste.
  • STUDENT HOUSING- The students quarters are located throughout campus; each building has several floors with common areas and dorm rooms for the students within. Each grade level/year level have their own housing.

More to be uncovered.

Armstrong Academy Clubs & Organizations

These are the active clubs and student run organizations at the Armstrong Academy:

• Armstrong Players: Thespian Society (Drama Club)
  • AV Club (Computers & Media)
  • Blitzball Team (Sports)
  • Marksmanship Club (Shooting & Gunplay)
  • Martial Arts Club (Close Quarters Combat)
  • Mind Hunters (Psychics & Beyond)
  • Model UP (United Planets)
  • Robotics (Engineering & Construction of Robotics)
  • Sidekicks (Teen Titans/Young Justice Style Group)
  • SOS (Students Observing Science)
  • Student Council (Student Body Government)

More to be uncovered.

Armstrong Academy Factions

TBA

First Day of Orientation [ MUSIC ]

No Caption Provided

A cloud of excitement hangs over a plot of land south of Enno City -- at one such hero school known as the Armstrong Academy; a gaggle of onlookers and press members stand outside the gates of the facility, hoping to get a peak at the celebrations to be had.

Today is the first day of orientation for the next class of to-be heroes at the Academy; the class of 2246. The faculty have gathered to welcome them; a pantheon of world class heroes, led by the one and only Armstrong, founder and headmaster of this very Academy.

As students arrive the press begin to take snapshots of their every movements; the possibility that this may be the first 'professional' photo of the next top hero is all too tempting. Once everyone seems to have arrived the headmaster takes a stand at a podium located atop the steps -- his presence causes the crowd to hush, with dull whispers talking about his reputation, his might, his general being.

Suddenly, he begins:

Greetings! Students, friends, family! We welcome to all here today to celebrate these students, the potential heroes of tomorrow, the Armstrong Class of 2246!

The crowd roars! The excitement is palpable!

Now, we have yet to know what these young heroes to be will do in the years to come, but I assure you, at the Armstrong Academy we train them to the fullest, to make them the best they can be. We produce the heroes of tomorrow, today!!

The school slogan: The Heroes of Tomorrow, Today!

The crowd eats it up, students talk among themselves, some of them displaying a flash of their abilities, the cameras pounce on the opportunities to capture these moments.

But now of course, we need to get acquainted with our new class. So excuse us, for they've got quite the journey ahead. We shall welcome you all back later in the week during the climactic orientation festival where these new students will show you what they've got!

A mixed reaction; some folks want more time to see these budding heroes, or to see the famous faculty, but they understand what's coming. The orientation tests that students take in order to truly prove themselves, sure, they've been accepted, but to create a baseline these tests are necessary, and by the end of the week they'll get to experience the Orientation Festival -- a true chance to show off!

So without further aideu! We bid you farewell! But remember -- keep being the best hero you can be, you are the heroes of tomorrow, and today!!!

The crowd is won over once more. During the applause the doors to the Academy open and the students are ushered inside. You move through the halls passing by framed photos of historic battles, world renowned heroes, and memorabilia on display from various points in Trion's history. Soon you enter a large lecture hall where you're told to sit down, then several faculty members move through the aisles handing out surveys, or are they exams?

The top reads 'HERO PROFILE' with text underneath asking 'What Hero Will You Become'?

Inside the packet are several questions; you are told to answer them with complete honesty, hold nothing back. The questions are as follows:

1. You see a lost child among a panicked crowd. A villain is attacking and they've been separated from their family. What do you do?
  2. What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?
  3. What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?
  4. What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero?
  5. You have just defeated your rival; what do you do next?
  6. What is your weapon of choice?
  7. Are you a team player; why or why not?
  8. Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?
  9. What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have?
  10. What is your motto?
  11. If you had a theme song, what would it be like?
  12. If you had to choose a hero name today, what would it be?

There are instructions on the bottom of the packet to hand it into one of the various faculty members stationed throughout the lecture hall. They'll give you further instructions once you've finished.

OBJECTIVE: Complete the Hero Profile, your first step to truly joining the Armstrong Academy. Once you've handed it in wait for further instructions.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen
Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

First

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cocacolaman  Moderator

Second

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

No Caption Provided

Post #1 - First Day Jitters

Eddy stood with his future classmates listening to the cheers from the crowd and the prideful speech of his now Headmaster but all he can truly think about is being among the crowd himself all those years ago when his older brother stood shoulder to shoulder with the heroes of the future. Eddy and his sister couldn't of been happier to see their big brother make it into the school and take another step to reaching his goal, lot of good that did him.

Eddy mostly zones out from most the noise clearly having a bit anxiety as he continues to grip harder to the case on his back holding the only reason he could ever stand here. he instinctively follows his fellow students moving into the schools and accidentally bumps into one of the students in front of him quickly apologizing for his absence of thought as he realizes it time to take a seat in so far the biggest place he's seen in the school.

Eddy takes a seat and puts his large bag on the ground the rambling of wood being heard inside. He receives a mini packet from the student next to him who passed it down from a faculty member.

"Seriously a quiz the first day?"Eddy said under his breath. After taking a look through it he realizes it more akin to a survey. " Right, Elton said something about this.." With those words he began to grip the sheet a bit more enthusiasm as dived into answering.

Questionnaire -

You see a lost child among a panicked crowd. A villain is attacking and they've been separated from their family. What do you do?

Eddy thinks this one is easy, and he writes that he would get the child and get out of the area, civilians lives are more important than beating some Villain. " Get the kid out of the area and into the safe arms of either their family or officers"

What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?

This question hit a bit closer to home so admitted Eddy wrote a clearly biased response" Heroes are still people, people with Wives, kids, Brothers and sister. They should always think about making it home to them first."

What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?

Eddy had never thought about this before so he went with the first thing to come into his mind." Villains that don't care about any one or anything even themselves."

What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero?

Eddy thinks this question is a bit ridiculous seeing how he's already made it into the door but paraphrases something his brother said to him." I want to save lives, simple as that and I think I can because EVO or not and Hero or Not, anyone can save a life."

You have just defeated your rival; what do you do next?

Eddy thinks this question is more ridiculous as the last as why would a hero have a Rival, however for a split second saying the word Rival brings a slight image of his twin sister into his mind"Nothing, I wouldn't have one to begin with"

What is your weapon of choice?

Eddy looks down at the bag in front of him and gives a light smile " My puppet Rescue, though he's hardly just a weapon. He's a tool for saving lives."

Are you a team player; why or why not?

Eddy thinks this is a no brainier for anyone trying to save a life. " Being a team player is sometimes what you need to do what has to be done, I'm fine with it."

Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?

Eddy thinks about this, but realizes he rather stay as close to home as he can to his family " Stay home, its the place that needs protecting the most"

What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have?

This was the first time today Eddy almost let a full on smile leave his face but he attempted to hide it from his future peers by playing it off as a cough and use the least amount of description to hide his family's passion for their craft " I tinker with puppets"

What is your motto?

Edward instantly flashes back to being a bit younger as his Brother said what could be considered a motto on his first holiday back from school and with his family. " The Strings of Fate only exist to those who are willing to let it control them" Eddy and Emmy always thought their older brother was such a dork for saying that and they were sure he thought the same but it always made him smile almost as much as it made Eddy smile...but it wasn't Eddy's now was it... " Eddy rights "N/A"

If you had a theme song, what would it be like?

Eddy went from somber thoughts to something a bit less moody and smiled. He wrote "This is War by Thirty seconds to CEIBOS"

If you had to choose a hero name today, what would it be?

Eddy scoffed at the idea of coming up with something like this on the spot and plainly wrote "N/A" He honestly had too many ideas and none clicked with him...yet

Eddy turned in his sheet to the closest faculty member and sat back down keen to keeping to himself choosing to stare down at the floor towards his bag until the others were done.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By Warlockmage

@thetruebarryallen:

First Spark

No Caption Provided

Torch stood impatiently listening to the headmasters speech. "I'm not used to standing still for so long." She listened to the crowd mostly cheer after the headmasters speech. "hmm i guess that means its wrapping up."

When the doors finally opened She was one of the first ones through, yet she was the last to enter the area for the test. She found herself lingering over important heroes. "I wonder if these heroes brought honor to their families? I wonder if their parents were proud?" she did her best to remember as many names and faces as she could on the wall. "I may never be as good as them but i'll do what i can to make sure the Moreno name is remembered."

As she entered the room she found one of the few seats remaining and sat down to begin her test "I guess i should get this done as quickly as possible. Who would have thought we'd have to do a test on our first day?"

12 Questions

You see a lost child among a panicked crowd. A villain is attacking and they've been separated from their family. What do you do?

Torch thought about this question. "its harder than it looks." she let her mind trail off as she started writing. "Protecting the child from the immediate danger is my first priority, i would drop the child off at the nearest safe zone with a police officer so that they may unite the child with the family. They are, after all, better suited for that and i could waste too much time trying to find them. Protecting the innocents even at the risk to oneself is the honorable thing to do."

What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?

Torch was amused, she had technically just answered this question earlier. "Of course heroes should make sacrifices for the innocent. The essence of being a hero is putting yourself in a dangerous situation to protect others even if you don't have to"

What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?

Torch found herself answering this question all too easily. "The Sociopathic ones are the scariest. Sociopaths are formed by society and you can often pinpoint where it all went wrong and what happened to turn them into a monster. Sometimes you can even relate to them but ultimately they feel no emotions and must be stopped." She continued on "conversely the villains that rely on brute force scare me the least, anyone that relies on brute force is no match for a person skilled with the right equipment."

I just want to be a hero people can be proud of. I don't need to be flashy or at the top. I want the name "Torch to inspire hope, and i think with the proper training and power development my control of fire can save lives."

Torch paused... "ive never had a rival before, and i always got along well with most everyone." she thought about her answer "well i guess i would try to turn them into a friend, i think its more fun to encourage the people you are competing with. Rivals are great but only if the competition is pushing you both to be better than you were"

"My words and my skills are my first weapon. If i can build or talk my way into a solution all the better." she paused as she thought about resorting to violence "failing that, they don't call me torch for nothing. My flames can reduce a person to ash"

Moreno was able to easily answer this one, and yet her answer troubled her. "More than anything, i want to get along with people and make friends. But my power can easily damage friend as it does foe, i think control will be important for me since i do want to be a team player." She realized controlling her fire would be extremely important

Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?

"I like the outdoors just as much as i like watching good television. I can easily explore new territories or stay at a home base. If i had to choose i think it would be a lot of fun to explore new territories with a partner or team."

"I like to build things, take those things apart, and then build them again. failing that i like being outdoors."

What is your motto?

"The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns yourself more than them"

Kiss of Fire by Hugh Laurie.

Perhaps the easiest question to answer "why not what i've been called my whole life TORCH!" she thought the name was quite fitting.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By geekryan

@thetruebarryallen

Post #1 - Kassandra

As soon as Kassandra had arrived to Armstrong Academy, she felt out of place. She was surrounded by heroes and eager students, yet she was neither. She was trained as an assassin, and only decided to come to Armstrong Academy in order to develop her powers and test her skills. Kassandra wasn't interested in being a superhero.

As a young girl, she was abandoned by her parents and forced to live on her own. She had to be tough, cautious, and selfish in order to survive. Everything she does, she does for herself. The guild of assassins that took her in and trained her reinforced that. They taught her the skills to take what she wants, as long as it would benefit her and the guild.

But here at the Academy, there didn't seem to be any assassins and mercenaries. These were all good people and heroes. Nevertheless, she made the decision and had to stick through with it. Once she had learned all that she could in order to become more powerful and more deadly, she would leave the Academy and rejoin the guild.

Kassandra and the other students were escorted into a large lecture hall. They were seated and asked to fill out the questions on the Hero Profile. This seemed pointless to Kassandra, and a waste of time. However, it seemed she would have to follow orders for now...

I would try and sneak up on the villain to kill him, or I can attack his mind from afar. The child is of no importance.

Nothing. My survival is all that matters.

I fear nothing and no one.

I am no hero.

Collect my bounty.

A dagger composed of pure psychic energy.

No. I prefer to work alone and get things done my way.

Wherever my talents can be put to use, I will go.

Train my body and mind to be the perfect weapon. Hobbies are for the weak.

What is your motto?

Innocence is life's greatest illusion.

Dark, but beautiful. Mysterious and melancholic.

My own name would be my hero name. Kassandra.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanner Ben Allister

No Caption Provided

Tanner came to the ceremony wearing his good cloths. He had a change of cloths if fighting was to be expected, but for now his formal wear would do. He only half listened to the speech. His mind was too busy imagining what life will be like away from the chaos at home. Tanner didn't know what lay ahead of him at this school, but, whatever it was, it couldn't be worse than growing up as a super being in a house with a druggie and and drunk. He had worked his ass off to get just this far, and he was going to make the most of this opportunity to make something of his life. He would take his powers and scrapping skills he learned on the streets and hopefully, finally, put them to good use.

Tanner only tuned back into the speech near the very end. This was all so new to him. He looked up at Armstrong, and felt a shiver run up his spine just from listening to him talk. Tanner knew Armstrong only by reputation, but it was enough to look up to him as though he were a deity. Tanner only hoped he could match up to such a high standard.

Finally the speech ended and Tanner joined the rest of the students to fill out a questionnaire. Tanner filled his out diligently and turned it in to the closest faculty member...

1. You see a lost child among a panicked crowd. A villain is attacking and they've been separated from their family. What do you do?

I use my body to shelter the child from the villains attacks while I carry them to safety. I then return to punch the villains teeth down their throat.

1. What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?

I would endure physical pain for others. A hero should be willing to sacrifice

1. What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?

Telepaths...

1. What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero?

Bold and courageous. Just like Armstrong

1. You have just defeated your rival; what do you do next?

Keep beating him until he learns to fear me

1. What is your weapon of choice?

My fists

1. Are you a team player; why or why not?

I don't know. Never been a part of a team.

1. Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?

Travel. I don't want to get comfortable and lethargic

1. What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have?

I work out, and watch videos

1. What is your motto?

Don't piss me off

1. If you had a theme song, what would it be like?

Heroes with theme songs clearly are more into being celebrities than actually saving people

1. If you had to choose a hero name today, what would it be?

Tan Meteor

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GIliad_

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

Disorientated, Danny felt like a fish out of water. He was no stranger to large crowds, though these people were distinctly not the sort that would be found at any unlicensed bare-knuckles - he concluded - had they been, he expected he would have appreciated the impressive turnout. He was far from inconspicuous at the best of times but this level of attention was a shock to his system. Dazzled by a sea of flashing white lights striking his eyes. Mostly nonsensical, what he assumed to be, questions were fired from the mass of people. Danny couldn't determine who, if anyone, was the target. Feeling uncomfortable the gypsy boys shoulders raised and muscles tightened. He cast his hood over his head and pulled it up at the neck to conceal himself as much as possible.

Shortly afterwards, Danny recovered from the unfamiliarity of the situation. His hood (still up) was less obscuring, his broad shoulders relaxed and his apprehensiveness gave way to natural confidence. Standing strong and proud and on display alongside the other inductees the fighters enormous stature was exaggerated. Danny considerately avoided positioning himself next to the smaller individuals. Quickly scanning his peers, several piqued his interest but the faculty, in particular Armstrong, drew his admiration. The Headmaster had an iron presence and delivered a charismatic speech that roused the crowd. The thunderous applause felt much more natural to the blonde-haired boxer and he indulged the crowd with a brief display of shadow boxing before they were led inside.

The decorations lining the hallways were an impressive spectacle but Danny, being entirely unfamiliar with their history, did not appreciate them quite as much as the more eager - to put it mildly - amongst the group did. Though, they did serve as a welcome distraction while walking, he thought. Once seated, somewhat awkwardly due to his immense size, Danny was presented with what he thought was a test paper but turned out to be a questionnaire. Already Danny Murphy had faced two situations more daunting than any opponent: paparazzi and literacy. The fighter-boy had been given a bare-bones education and years of being underutilised had done everything except improve his academic ability. However, his uncle had been teaching him prior to coming the the academy so the traveller-turned-student answered the questionnaire: briefly and matter-of-factly.

Stop them and save the kid.

Everything. Yes.

Im not scared of anyone but enough angry mobs of normal people are as dangerous and can hurt more people than supervillains

I dont know yet but i want to find out

Celebrate

We use our fists and for weapons tools like spanners and crowbars

yes because I was raised with close community values

Travel and explore

normally i train and work in me uncles bar and when i get time off i spend it with the regulars but i used to play lots of sports like football and cricket

What is your motto?

I've never thought of one

don't know how he'd articulate this so just linking some of the music he would like to give you and idea

Seamus

Nashiruu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nashiruu
No Caption Provided

The First Day

@thetruebarryallen

"Today is the day!" I tell myself. I walk forward and tell myself that it's going to be fine. "New people, new me." I think to myself. I begin to walk toward the room where the test was taken. As they began handing out quizzes, I start to get nervous but calm myself down, and look down at the test. I tell myself "Man, I guess school really is going to be a problem." I sit down and receive my quiz.

As I look over the questions, I begin to ponder back to my father..... No, I don't want to think about that. It sucked when it happened, but you can't change the past.. right? Regardless, that isn't important right now, and I look back at the test. "Well this is shorter then I expected," I say.

Answers

1. I go toward the child and tell him to hide elsewhere or run away. If other heroes are there, I let them handle the villain. If there are no other heroes, I go for the villain first, as protecting the people comes first. If the child gets lost, there are jobs for things like this, and other people may be in danger if I go for the child first.
  2. What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?
    1. I would be willing to sacrifice my dignity and my own life(albeit with high hesitation) should it be in a life-or-death situation. Heroes should be expected to make sacrifices. If they chose the job, they should be willing to do that job, even if it means sacrificing themselves.
  3. What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?
    1. Villains that have no reason for doing what they do, especially ones who torture others. If you had loving parents, a good home, and food to go around, why would you hurt others? People who do that are psychopaths and are truly the worst type of people. Villains that I am unafraid of are those who commit petty crimes(IE: Purse snatching, Grocery Robbing). Like, come on dude if you're gonna be a villain, at least do a good job at it.
  4. What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero?
    1. Ari actually paused at this one. "Welltruth be told, I don't know what kind of hero I wanna be." I say to myself. Still, he answers it the best he can. I wanna be the type of hero who isn't there for the fame but simply does his job because he can. I don't want to attend every birthday or go to every meet-and-greet. I just want to do the best part of being a hero, which is saving lives.
    1. "Well this is an easy one." I would probably rub it in his face first, before telling him that he might be able to beat me later if he tried hard enough and that we should both train for another battle. Motivation and friendly competition make for a fun rivalry. Aaaaaand then rub it in his face some more. I wanna make sure he remembers the taste of defeat.
    1. I think to myself, "Wow it's like this test is out for me. Sheesh." Likely a slingshot. My powers don't work well with traditional weapons(ever try lifting a sword without a thumb?), but a slingshot allows me to make use of my feet while giving me some range. It's not perfect, and it isn't as powerful as a gun or a spear, but it works well.
    1. Not really, mostly because other people may work against my best interests. Whether that benefits me or not is a different story, but on a mission, I usually try to analyze a situation and choose the best course of action.
  8. Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?
    1. Definitely a home base. Exploring new places is cool and all, but it's far too much of a hassle for me to want to do it on a regular basis.
    1. Watch anime, reading, looking at animals. Once a month I also try to discover a new exoplanet or star. I haven't found one yet, but I keep looking.
  10. What is your motto?
    1. Change is like a stray dog. You can take it in, embrace it, and let it trust you, only for it to go wild and start trashing everything.
    1. Probably a slow, jazzy tune, with a beat drop toward the middle, and slowly switching between the two.
    1. Another question I had to pause for. Do I choose a name that complements my personality, name, or powers?Rizaraptor. It sounds cool, and a bit vague, giving an aura of mystery, while still complementing my ability.
cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator

@thetruebarryallen and @stormshadow_x

School Day

No Caption Provided

Gregorio walked through the crowd, unaware of what was going on. One student, a girl, he thought, looked like they wanted to hit him when he tripped over them. He got into another one of his fits on the way there; he could only hope he'd get over it before anything started.

"You are the heroes of tomorrow, and today!"

The cheering started up for the bajillionth time that minute. Gregorio bit his tongue to keep from screaming from insanity. He tried thinking about other things, about how he had been on the verge of... what was it? Something from before that blasted curse.

People started moving forward and Gregorio went with them. He began to feel his mind easing back into normalcy; intelligent, quick-witted. But that was getting worse day by day.

The group reached a large entry hall. As he sat down, making sure to be as close to the door as possible in case of any emergency, when he was handed a piece of paper. He unfolded it and saw some questions.

"Thank God I got back into the groove," he thought. "This could have gone bad real quick."

He picked up a pencil and started writing.

Gregorio's eyebrow furrowed as he grunted. Villains didn't exist, just people who broke the standards. He wrote, I would kill the villain. The child is no different from the rest of the crowd; If I save one, I would have to save all, or else I'm placing more value on a life without any direct reason for the action.

Gregorio closed his eyes and smiled as he went back to the old days. He still remembered that mother begging Jennifer to not kill her child while he sneaked up and killed them both. He wrote, I would sacrifice whatever I could sacrifice without it being detrimental to my primary objective. And no, not a single person should be expected to make sacrifices.

Laughing to himself, he transcribed, I'm not exactly afraid of anything. Emotion is the main enemy of assassination. The only enemy that makes me squirmish is the enemy who can be trusted.

I want to be the hero that wins. I believe life is about doing as you please, but if you can't, then help someone else live as they please. I know I can be the best, so that's the goal. Gregorio rolled his eyes, knowing good and well he was only here to get connections and do something different. Hopefully no one had the power to read lies.

Depends on if he's alive or dead. If he's dead, I deliver his body to the person who could make the most use out of it. If he's alive, then I'll wake up from my dream.

Knife. Sharp, quiet, quick, and dirty.

I am whatever I need to be for my mission. Flexibility works the best for stealth missions.

The former for certain. At home, I would be a fish out of water. The more I discover in person, the more strategies for killing I can come up with.

Search for a new client.

What is your motto?

My motto is to not have a motto if you don't want me to choke you out in your sleep.

His head tipped off to one side. What's a song?

Agent Island.

Gregorio got up and gave his paper to a emerald-skinned girl with wings. As he turned to go sit with the other kids who had finished, he felt his mind bounce quickly. He began to trip and nearly fell.

"Are you okay?" asked the winged girl, coming over and putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah," Gregorio mumbled. "Just... need a drink of water."

"After everyone's done."

Gregorio nodded. With the way she was observing him, he got the feeling she knew about his age predicament. Was it that visor on her face? He hoped that, if she knew, she'd keep her trap shut. He went to sit down... but the area disappeared. He blinked a few times to make sure and realized that it was his head. He sat back down where he had been sitting when a hand shoved him down.

"Hey!" said the kid (it's Eddy.) "Watch it!"

Gregorio mumbled an indistinct apology and stumbled over to his actual seat, three seats down. He buried his head in his hands and felt a tear come out of his eye.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Hey so if you wanna do any RP stuff just make sure you do it in the discord & have consent from the user (if it's a player) or from me (if it's an NPC) to include them in your write-up!

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cocacolaman  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Missy Misako 1:

"Hmm, so I'm finally here." Missy thinks as she arrives at Armstrong Academy, she begins surveying her surroundings, intensely judging the building and the people around her.

"I never wanted to be a hero." She complains to herself once more. "But I suppose I don't really have a choice in the matter, he never gives me a choice." She thought just before Armstrong himself boldly started his speech. She listened to him intently but kept her eyes wandering around, as she noted down the reactions of her fellow audience members.

"That guy seems a bit too egotistical for my tastes." Missy thought as Armstrong ended his speech noting how he liked stating the name of the academy, a name which just so happened to echo his own.

Missy, along with her fellow juniors, were then ushered to the lecture hall, Missy flops down to the seat nearest to her, resting her chin on her hand she lazily let her eyes wonder, peering through the room, she examined the faces of her fellow students and faculty members, noting down their appearances and attitudes.

She sighed "I suppose it can't be helped, I'm to be a hero just like my dear old 'dad', but silver lining, at least I can meet new people. study combat, and I can live away from the old fart. It just sucks that I'm doing this all over again."

The school faculty members then began passing around hero profile questionnaires, flopping her head down into her desk in protest. But when she was handed her paper she glanced at it, "This shouldn't be too difficult." she thought before adding "Answer honestly huh, well they asked for it."

Missy then sat up, and began twittering her pen in her fingers, as she read through the hero profile sheet, thinking about her answers before writing them down.

1. You see a lost child among a panicked crowd. A villain is attacking and they've been separated from their family. What do you do? I dispatch of the villain, kid should have nothing to worry about once the villain is gone. I suppose it depends on the child's age as ell, any one above 10 should be fine, below that and I suppose I'll have to help out.
  2. What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices? I’d sacrifice an arm and a leg at most. Heroes should only he expected to do what they can, nothing more.
  3. What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of? The villains who rule by ‘democracy’, those who fool and control the public into thinking they are something they aren’t.
  4. What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero? I want to be a hero no one knows but everyone’s seen, it’s what I’m good at.
  5. You have just defeated your rival; what do you do next? Expose his father.
  6. What is your weapon of choice? My nightmare blades, a twin bladed plasma based sword with a spinning hinge. A gift from someone I cherished.
  7. Are you a team player; why or why not? Depends on the team.
  8. Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base? Ideally I’d have multiple bases, so even when I travel I’ll have a base of operations nearby.
  9. What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have? Normal high school girl stuff, until my father barges in and interrupts that is.
  10. What is your motto? A good person lives a quiet life.
  11. If you had a theme song, what would it be like? It'd be slow, melancholic, not too dramatic. Something like this.
  12. If you had to choose a hero name today, what would it be? Mystery. That’s what my Dad calls me. Albeit never in a positive manner. Missy answers as recalling her father'words after she had 'misbehaved' "Missy the mystery, I never know what's with that girl." His words rang in her head as she wrote down her answer.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No worries though, it's just easier for everyone to have input and control their characters on the Discord and they can do more 'real time' conversations due to the nature of the platform!

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OldKaiser

@thetruebarryallen

No Caption Provided

The zestful girl walked by the crowd gingerly, careful with each step. She had planned everything ahead of time, from the sway of her hips to the blushing of her cheeks.

Even her appearance. She'd spent the better part of the last months in front of a mirror, deciding on her new look. Pointy teeth, red eyes, small horns, and pink hair to go along with a pretty figure and a prettier face.

First impressions were everything.

Charlie wore a sweet smile, winking at a few boys and laughing inside as she saw them turn away all red. She stopped here and there so some people could take a selfie with her, taking a second or two to give them some attention before walking up.

Sometimes, a bit longer. Like the little girl that handed her a flower, drawing a spontaneous and collective "awww" from the people around. Or, more discretely, when a cute girl wrote down her number on her arm.

She waved goodbye to some people and walked towards the other students.

Charlie had dreamt of this and ironed out every detail she could come up with. But now, it was finally here. She took her seat only four or five steps away from Armstrong, her heart pounding away like a mad drum, listening as she kept a perfect composure before being escorted into the Academy.

"I'd whisk the kiddo away from the scene and him over to someone that could be trusted with them, then make my way back."

"I'm still human, so I really don't know what I'd do if it was for real. I hope I would. And I think I would, but maybe I'd tuck tail and run. Who knows until it happens? Maybe this isn't what's 'textbook' but it's what I feel, really."

"All of them (lol). ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ But, since y'all want an answer, the ones I have no chance against."

"I want to be someone who makes peeps feel safe and happy. Some guys like to complain about heroes getting some 'celebrity status' or whatever, but it gives people hope. That's why heroes should seem bigger than they are. I can be that (I sure hope~) because I know how play a role. ~(˘▾˘~)"

"Hookers and blow... ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ Just kidding. But maybe?... (Please tell I'm joking. Don't sweat it.)"

"These hands boi."

"Yeah. We'll have plenty of time to psychoanalyze me later. 。◕‿‿◕。"

'Travel. Definitely."

"Creating new appearances. Fashion design also. You know, both are pretty similar to me, actually."

What is your motto?

"I wake up in the morning, I piss excellence."

"Nasty. From Polyphia. ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪"

"I'd go with Skin, but that's a bit morbid. I'll get back to you, but, for now, how does Theater sound?"

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting Room

For those of you who have finished the exam (and those who will finish it in the future) you are told you can enter a waiting room and get to know one another while the others complete their exams.

Remember to us the RP channels on discord if you'd like to RP, do not use the thread here to talk with other users.

The current students and teachers in the waiting room are as follows:

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Leon Cozart Post #1

No Caption Provided

Finally, the day has come, the opening ceremony for Armstrong Academy.

"Ugh, these camera guys are annoying, don't they have anything better to do?"

Greetings! Students, friends, family! We welcome to all here today to celebrate these students, the potential heroes of tomorrow, the Armstrong Class of 2246!

"Alright Leon, calm yourself. This is the starting line. Just be cool"

But now of course, we need to get acquainted with our new class. So excuse us, for they've got quite the journey ahead. We shall welcome you all back later in the week during the climactic orientation festival where these new students will show you what they've got!

"Wait, Orientation Festival? Dammit, I knew I should've read these things properly."

The crowd is won over once more. During the applause the doors to the Academy open and the students are ushered inside. You move through the halls passing by framed photos of historic battles, world renowned heroes, and memorabilia on display from various points in Trion's history.

"Damn, this place is pretty impressive." Leon thinks, looking around the hallway. "Maybe one day my picture will be up here..." He chuckles to himself lightly "Then again, maybe not!"

Soon you enter a large lecture hall where you're told to sit down, then several faculty members move through the aisles handing out surveys, or are they exams?

The top reads 'HERO PROFILE' with text underneath asking 'What Hero Will You Become'?

Inside the packet are several questions; you are told to answer them with complete honesty, hold nothing back. The questions are as follows:

"A quiz right out of the gate? They're not messing around, huh. But I guess we didn't come here to play hero." Leon reached into his bag to get a pen and start on the quiz

I'd keep an eye on the kid, maybe try and move them away, but make stopping the villain my immediate priority.

"Sacrifice? I hadn't thought of that. Hmmm. I suppose..." I'm not going to sacrifice my life for a stranger, though I imagine some heroes would, other than that I'd do my best to help someone I wanted to help.

"Would it be cliche to say I'm not afraid of anything?" I'm not hugely afraid of anything in particular, but I would be the most afraid of a powerful villain I can't beat.

The kind of Hero who can oppose the gangs. I think I can become him because I have to, that's all.

"If I defeated my dad. Uhhhhh" Retire?

My gun

I'm open to being one "but I don't really have friends and I'm not good at making them so..."

I'd rather travel. I have a home already and no real desire to return there, not yet anyway.

"Does Training count as a hobby? Uhhh" Collecting stamps "Yeah let's come up with something better than that" Studying guns

What is your motto?

Bonds aren't a weakness

"A theme song? That's not a question I was expecting" Something like this I guess.

Viper

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

Alexandros: Post #1

Alexandros(Alex) was wearing a suit for his first day. His mother wanted to make sure he looked sharp for his first day and had gone shopping with him before hand because most of his clothes where just Gis. He watched as the other students came in, studying them all. He had spent all his life in Hillford, with the same group friends he has had since kindergarten. So this was going to be a brand new experience for him in more ways than one. He had always been the strongest amongst his peers but he had a feeling that may not be the case here.

He was surprised by how big an the event this was. He wasn't expecting all these cameras and tried to hide behind other students to avoid getting caught by cameras. He listens to the headmasters and wonders what the orientation will entail. He was told before hand what to expect but in practice it is still different. As he went inside he recognized the various heroes. A few of them train with his father, including Starstream the man responsible for getting him here. He then takes his seat and begins the test

I focus on the villain, he is the bigger threat and can cause a lot more damage. The child may be separated now but he can always be reunited with his parents once the trouble is over and the villain is dealt with.

I have always been told that all life is important, I will always strive to save everyone. But I know in the real life sometime things don't work out that way. If I have to sacrifice one to save many I will do it if it is the only option I have left. Sacrificing a life will always be my last resort

I have heard stories of villains who can't simply be beaten with fists. The kind whose power is through their words, their ideology and can only be taken down in the similar fashion. Those type of villains truly scare as I can't simply punch my way to victory. On the other hand the villains who simply use their power to commit evil deeds are not scary, they are simply an opponent I need to train to beat.

I want to be the type of hero whose presence instantly calms the people around me and instills fear in the villains. I want people to feel safe when they seem arrive to the scene, they need to be able to trust me to save and protect them from whoever seeks to cause harm.

I find a new rival. I will always be looking for a new challenge, if have surpassed someone I will find the next rival to push me to the next level.

Myself. I have been trained to be a living weapon, I don't need anything else.

Ideally I would fight on my own. I have been taught to rely on my own skills and powers without relying on others. However if I come up against foe where I simply have to team up with others, I will do so.

I would love to travel. I have been in the same town all my life and I want to explore all the various places on the planet.

Well most of my spare time is dedicated to perfecting my martial arts, aside from that I do play soccer with friends when we all get the chance and time.

What is your motto?

i don't have one yet. I'd hope to get one by the end of this

It would go something like this

The Great Saiyaman

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sol Sullivan - Day 1

The day started simply enough. Wake up, go to school. Except wow it was even better than Sol could've anticipated. When the other students flashed some of their powers, Sol threw one of his freon grenades up in the air. Fortunately for him, one of the other students hit it for him. Unfortunately, the thing exploded and sprouted ice on everyone around him. They didn't quite like that. Nonetheless, it was an exciting day.

As the day progressed, the students ended up in a lecture hall, where Sol had to complete this survey. He wasn't a fan, but he figured he should get it done.

1. Save the kid first. Civilians are always the priority.
    1. Yes and no. Heroes have their own to look after, but at the end of the day, the essence of being a hero is laying down on a wire and letting the other guy crawl over you.
    1. The types of villains that scare me the most are the ones with an ideology. The ones that can amass a following and cause chaos. The types of villains I'm unafraid of? The slow ones.
    1. I just want to build tech to help myself in battle and help others. Tech can save lives if built right, and I've got what I need to do so.
    1. If it's a villain rival, then throw his behind in jail. If it's a same-side rival who tries to outshine me, I let them know we don't have to be rivals.
    1. At the moment it's my gauntlet. A few nifty features. I have plenty of plans for more stuff, as well as some sick upgrades.
    1. Of course. The sole purpose of my tech isn't to fight villains per se, it's to help others do so better.
    1. Either or is fine, personally. I'd rather a home base while travelling around a lot. Like a mobile base.
    1. I tinker a lot. Just make a bunch of stuff until it works. I also like soup.
  10. What is your motto?
    1. N/A
    1. Not exactly sure.
    1. N/A

Once Sol was done he handed the paper to the nearest faculty member and began looking around. He tried to take note of everyone in the room, and asked LYLA to do so as well. Anyone showing off their powers or their tech he also took a note of, and told LYLA to record those instances so he could view them later for analysis. Maybe he could build upgrades for them, or find a way to help them through weaknesses. He'd review it all later.

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The First Day..again?

Billy gazes upon Armstrong Academy witnessing the celebrations. "A bit much ain't it?" Billy wonders aloud. Thankfully all the students are ushered into a lecture hall where they're given a "HERO PROFILE" survey. Seeing this gives Billy the biggest sense of deja a vu. " I've done this before....I took this test. I..I-I. Ugh what is this feeling!! What does this mean! I want answers!" Almost yelling out.

Billy calms himself down before he attracts to much attention. And gets started on the test.

`

Take down the villain first. In the time it would take me for help the lost child countless people could be killed along with untold amounts of property damage

My time & passion. Heroes should put their lives on the line but if a hero sacrifices there lives then they can no longer protect the world. Take care of your self so you can take care of others.

The ones who have no mind. Psychopaths crazed individuals you can't know what they're gonna do next could be anything. Villains I'm unafraid of are the ones who think they have it all planned out predictive yellow bellied morons.

A fair and stern hero. One who takes life a step atta time. I know I can because I will follow a different than my good for nothing parents.

Take him to jail and continue helping the populace.

Guns. Preferably twin pistols.

Of course teamwork makes the dream work. No one man or woman can do everything by themselves.

A base. A place to call home. With that I can extend my reach.

Practicing my shooting. Watching the news and reading about history.

What is your motto?

Do good things and hopefully good things happen.

Like an old western

Ranger.

`

He hands in the packet. And idle sits by trying to figure out this all seems so familiar why he almost remembers coming here. Almost.....The Forge...the Sanctum.

@thetruebarryallen

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@thetruebarryallen: Lilli spent the majority of the opening speech outside the gate awkwardly twiddling her thumbs and trying to be as small as humanly possible. Her wings, the pair which for some reason had stubbornly refused to dematerialise - a 'quirk of her compatibility' as papa had put it - had been tucked to her back as tightly as she could make them, and she hoped that none of the reporters or camera shutters were able to capture them. Even now, in her seat, her wings were still clinging to her back. If she unfurled them as they were, they would probably knock her neighbours off their seats. She could shorten them, but that takes mental effort, effort which she would rather focus on answering the questions. She sighed, questioned God as to why this specific pair of wings wouldn't dematerialise and began to look over the questions.

• You see a lost child among a panicked crowd. A villain is attacking and they've been separated from their family. What do you do?

Send one wing to aid the child in evacuating while intercepting the villain with the remaining wings.

• What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?

I would be willing to face danger, but not something dangerous enough as to present a serious and likely outcome of death. Heroes should make sacrifices, but not at the cost of their lives. If they die, then all the good they could do in the future is squandered.

Lilli looked at her answer, thought about adding that another reason why she wouldn't sacrifice herself was that it would be too scary, but then got too embarrassed about it and decided not to.

• What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?

Unpredictable villains scare me, as you cannot plan against them with reliability. Predictable villains who have well-documented abilities are not scary as one can plan against them beforehand. Papa always told me that the side with the most information usually wins.

• What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero?

I want to go on incredible adventures and see and do things nobody else has. My wings can help me, and with my high synchronisation rate, I may be able to use more tech than just them. I also have the perseverance to see it through.

• You have just defeated your rival; what do you do next?

Make sure surrounding civilians are okay.

• What is your weapon of choice?

My wings.

• Are you a team player; why or why not?

Yes. I have been taught that the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts.

• Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?

I want to explore!

• What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have?

Lilli looks at the question, thinks back to her late nights of watching B-movies and playing video games instead of studying the things papa told her to, and writes her answer.

I like to study scientific literature and practice with my wings.

• What is your motto?

A bright smile can change the world.

• If you had a theme song, what would it be like?

Something floaty and cute that makes people happy. Like this

• If you had to choose a hero name today, what would it be?

Empyrean

Looking over her answers that were written in cursive, the style of cursive that people would praise as "neat and pretty" despite being so neat and well-polished that it was illegible to most people, she nodded nervously before standing from her seat and handing in her sheet.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting On

Please try & get a post up by tonight or mid-day tomorrow, I'd like to get the next advancement up before Friday.

Additional NPC's have completed their tests

These NPC's are now available to talk with in the waiting room:

• HUG (Guidance Counselor)
  • Catalyst (Head of the Science Department)
  • Troubleshooter (Maintenance)
  • Brenna Borghild (Student)
  • Ewan Davenport (Student)
  • J.A.C.K. (Student)
  • Jackson Royce (Student)
  • Kim YI (Student)
  • Ace Majors (Student)
  • Cleo Blackwell (Student)
  • Kyle King (Student)
  • Ollie Dixon (Student)
  • Velma Lowe (Student)
  • Alice Wright (Student)
rp_is_my_thing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rp_is_my_thing
No Caption Provided

@thetruebarryallen: Rip paced gingerly back and forth, turning sharply at regular steadily expanding intervals. Outwardly claim, quite waves of anxiety, built up in him like a clogged steam pipe. White whips of unease escaped from his delicate movements, in the fashion of a twirling two faced silver dollar, that walked dexterously back and forth between his fingers.

He listened impatiently to the head masters speech, and rushed forward to finish his exam when presented.

• Stop the villain. I don't got no time for these children, and their incompetent parents.

• My right arm.
  • Yes, that's what being a hero is. To sacrifice for the greater good.

• The ones without a plan, chaos mongers. Men who aren't looking for anything logical.

• A symbol, for honor, effort, and self respect.
  • That's how I live my life.

• Dance on his grave, and parade his body through the streets, make an example for all to see, and tremble.

• I don't need a weapon, but for show purposes I carry an umbrella blade

• Yeah, many hands make light work.

• Have a home base, where I can be the worlds greatest actor, but do work in other areas.

• The theater, method acting.
  • Fencing.

What is your motto?

• The Stranger.
SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SeaGod  Online

@thetruebarryallen:

Brian twirled his pencil in the air as he answered each question after giving a long thought to each question.

I'll use my webs to blind or bind the villain then get to the kid quickly and get him to a cop so I can get back to the villain immediately.

2.What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?

Definitely if there is no other way however if a hero sacrifice doesn't stop the villain in some way the it would lead to more deaths with a villain running wild with nobody around to stop them.

3.What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?

Probably villains that don't care about themselves or others as you don't know what they may do. Safest bet are those are just in it for money and don't wanna hurt people.

4.What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero?

I want to be a hero like my family who saves the day and protects the smiles of the people around me. I feel like you must protect the spirit of the people not just their physical safety.

5.You have just defeated your rival; what do you do next?

I'd probably take them to jail and go back to patrolling and stopping crime.

6.What is your weapon of choice?

My webs and the Bouken Bo

7.Are you a team player; why or why not?

I've done a few training exercises with my family so I can understand the need for teamwork as different skillsets can help with different problems.

8.Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?

I'd say having a home base is always needed but that doesn't mean I can't travel just always have a place I call home to return to.

9.What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have?

I usually practice martial arts with my dad and weapon training with my mom. However I love messing around with tech and inventing new things.

10.What is your motto?

I don't do it for fame or glory I do it to protect the smiles.

11.If you had a theme song, what would it be like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKvGhAhikj4

12.If you had to choose a hero name today, what would it be?

I don't want to commit to any name yet till after I see what type of hero I grow into.

With the questions finished Brian turned his exam in then went into the waiting room and waited for the others to finish.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me finish editing

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me finish editing

Alright you've got like 5 more hours and then I'm gonna have to move on w/o the post.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

@thetruebarryallen: Larry was an excited boy, for this was an exciting day. And he was not one to be teased. When the paper was given to him, he snatched the it out of the guy's hand, speedblitzing him! "Oooh, imagine all the secrets and knowledge stored within this organization, I can almost taste it!" Larry took the paper to his face and took a good long sniff! His face blushed, and his eyes became cloudy. His head became filled with thoughts of oppai...

But suddenly Larry shook his head, snapping himself out of it. "I need to focus"

So he doubled down on this exam

• I send a clone to deal with it, while I deal with the villian
  1. What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?
  • I do what needs to be done, and that's all I'm gonna say about that
  1. What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?
  • Water scares me, but everything else? Piece of cake
  1. What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero?
  • I'm the hero the world needs, not the hero it wants
  1. You have just defeated your rival; what do you do next?
  • You dont want to know
  1. What is your weapon of choice?
  • Guns & knives, baby! But I'll use my bare hands most of the time, no need to make a mess
  1. Are you a team player; why or why not?
  • There is no "I" in "Team". More men, more power. 2 is greater than 1.
  1. Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?
  • Home base, where else will I keep my stuff?
  1. What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have?
  • I read ecchi manga, practice my skills, and eating delicious foods
  1. What is your motto?
  • Punch don't work, just punch it harder. Also, save yourself
  1. If you had a theme song, what would it be like?
Loading Video...
  1. If you had to choose a hero name today, what would it be?

Not sure yet

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Tour of Campus (Advancement Two)

The Completion of the Hero Profile

The first trial for students, it seemed, was perhaps rather trivial, a 'Hero Profile' that seemed like a poorly disguised personality test -- but perhaps it was more useful to the faculty than many students had assume, and thus each individual took their time and completed the short questionnaire. Certain students seemed to have a higher level of decisiveness, perhaps feeling as if they knew who they wanted to be and were able to complete the profile in mere minutes, others, slower to respond, needing to process before dedicating a written answer, took the full hour.

Students who finished early were led into another side-room along with several faculty members. Here they were allowed to begin to get to know their peers, perhaps learning about their skills and abilities, and making first impressions on who they might want to train or study with when the time arose. Those students who were more social found this free time exhilarating, the psionic armor bearer Kimmy, the changeling Charlie, the fiery Torch, and the ever present Missy, or Mystery as she preferred to be called, all socialized to their hearts content.

Some took this time to prove their strength; be it through an arm wrestling match (as seen with Tanner and Brenna) or through more unconventional means, putting on a display such as Ace and Danny had. Those who were more technical found pleasure in discussing the schematics of their homemade devices, showcasing their nanites, power gauntlets, and specialized web shooters, and of course not many students took to speaking with the faculty overseeing them, only one, a boy named Eddy, who inquired about his brother's academic history.

Others found the exercise a bit more difficult, preferring to spend time by themselves; such as Jackson Royce, who felt that the constant bickering was a nuisance, and Ewan, who was experience his first time with what he considers 'common folk' but yet, each student managed to get by, and within the hour, every incoming student had completed their assignment.

When all was said and done it was time to move along, and the group, led by their noble Headmaster, were off!

A Home Away From Home

As Armstrong led them through the Campus he pointed out a wide variety of different facilities and public areas that would be open to students -- a massive workshop for science and engineering, a training ground that seemingly rebuilt itself with ease, the dining hall, the Blitzball pitch, and a library, completely filled with information about different historical figures and powers -- the Academy was a sight to behold, and it seemed to have something for everyone.

Eventually they found themselves standing in front of a rather large apartment complex, with a sign denoting the building as the STUDENTS QUARTERS.

No Caption Provided

ARMSTRONG: "This is our last stop as a group -- the STUDENTS QUARTERS! Inside here you'll find that each of you have been assigned a room, each with your own personal washroom. Included in each room is a holodeck built by our very own Troubleshooter!"

Troubleshooter takes a bow. A few students cheer him on, caught up in the humor of the moment.

ARMSTRONG: "The holodeck will allow you to customize the room to your hearts content, but it's limited to your individual rooms, anything that's built inside the room cannot be taken off the premise of your quarters. You'll also find that you have several common areas to share among your peers, we hope that on your down time you can find time to foster personal and professional relationships with on another, after all, when you're a hero it's good to have strong friends you can count on in your times of need! For those of you who are fond of the culinary arts, you'll also discover a kitchen that'll be restocked by our resident chef, Sous Zest, he'll also deposit any leftovers to the quarters each evening for those who might find cooking a bit, difficult!"

Armstrong laughs at this; fondly recalling that when he was young, the boy would've been lucky not to burn water.

ARMSTRONG: "Anyways, that's it for our tour. We know you're all itching to start settling in here and we hope you view this Academy as a home away from home. As long as you're pursing a heroic education you'll be welcomed within these walls, and just be sure not to cause TOO much trouble otherwise--"

QUEEN WASP: "Otherwise you'll find yourself in my office. To be a hero you'll need discipline, and I'm sure for many of you this is a first time without any parental supervision. Armstrong may be kind and generous, as many of our faculty are, but if any of you step over the line then you become a problem, and it's my job to deal with problems!"

ARMSTRONG: "Yes, that's quite right. Students, for those of you who don't know this is Queen Wasp, she serves as the Assistant Headmaster and is largely in charge of providing any disciplinary actions to students. I advise you heed her warning, otherwise there's nothing I can do to help you!"

The hero laughs again; some of the faculty smile at his comments, all while Queen Wasp remains stone-faced. She's serious, and that's what she's known for.

ARMSTRONG: "But as I was saying... once you've settled in feel free to tour the campus on your own. You might run into some of the upperclassmen but don't worry, they don't bite. Myself and the other faculty members will be around, if you have any questions or concerns don't be afraid to ask. One last thing -- I know you're all eager to show off your powers and abilities, but please, no improper use of such abilities on school grounds. I heard we had a bit of an 'incident' between two students in the waiting room. We'll be able to show off before long, and orientation week will be filled with activities for the lot of you. Tomorrow is our club and organization fair where you'll be able to learn about all the different groups on Campus and also start discovering what unique classes will be open to you first years! So don't stay up too late tonight!"

He doesn't look in their direction, but those students know who he's talking about. Ace, a rather large boy, tries to shrink behind his peers, embarrassed that he was called out on the first day.

The faculty then parts ways with the students, heading back to their various offices or studies. When the students go inside their Quarters they find that it is finely furnished and quite homey; as if it were a 5-star hotel, it wouldn't be too hard for most of them to start feeling comfortable in their new living situation.

Some students took right to organizing their rooms, customizing them with Troubleshooter's Holodeck (version 2.7 -- the latest) while others wanted to explore the campus. Whatever they chose, the rest of the night belonged to them, and tomorrow would be a new day filled with excitement!

OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES: You can now use this time to customize your rooms; as mentioned this is purely cosmetic and nothing you put in your room will give you an advantage over any other students or participants. Those of you who wanted pets will find that there is a place for them inside your room, the pets are allowed to roam the common areas as well, but will not be allowed to leave the Student Quarters. Those of you who care less about your rooms feel free to start exploring campus. I listed some locations but if you'd like to see if the school has something else you're looking for just ask, and I'll either describe it to you (and send you there) or give you the next best thing. There will be faculty members that you might run into at each location, so you'll perhaps learn more about the faculty who is in charge of your hero education this year! Other students will also be roaming around so you might see some familiar faces there too.

Lastly -- remember that if you want to do any sort of RP (role-play) to do so in the discord server, it's especially useful for me to keep track of your actions and to determine your relationships with other students and the NPCs, it's a fun place so make sure to check in every now and then!

Participant Tag (17 Participants)

Make sure you tag me in your advancement posts. If you'd like to do RP with other characters please use the discord channels specifically designated for RP. If you have any questions PM me or ask on discord.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first again for advancement :D

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thetruebarryallen:

Room Customization

Kassandra decided to customize her room in the style of her Greek heritage. Purple and pink colours, sprawling curtains and drapes, statues, vases, and intricate shapes on the marble floor, walls, and ceiling.

No Caption Provided

Although she wouldn't be spending much time in her room, Kassandra figured she might as well take advantage of the customization options.

Exploration

Once she had customized her room, Kassandra decided to explore the school in its entirety. There was no specific area in particular that she wanted to see, but she wanted to know the layout of the school as best as she could. It could prove in handy...

Alone, and at her own pace, Kassandra started walking outside. The campus was massive, so she may need more than a day to explore all of it, but having a general idea of the buildings was her first priority. She walked around, noting the buildings, landmarks, and people she encountered, in an attempt to take in as much information as possible. Occasionally, she would use her telepathic powers to pick up on the surface-level thoughts of those near her, just to see what they were thinking. Each building that she approached, she would quietly walk in and do a quick tour, taking special notice of the building's exits, windows, number of occupants, and purpose. She continued for several hours, until she had walked around most of the campus. The last building she visited was the library. It would contain the most amount of information, so she decided she would return another day to explore the library and find out whatever she could about Trion, its heroes, its villains, and its people. Maybe she could even find out more information about psionic powers, or her guild of assassins...

TL;DR

Kassandra customizes her room and then explores the campus on her own.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: "Lizzy!" Lilli exclaimed as she walked into her room to see her lizard in its enclosure. "Wow, they really did bring you over like they said they would, huh? I didn't think papa would hand you over so easily." She looked at the lizard and smiled, thinking of the scene that would have played out when they tried to take Lizzy away. The lizard didn't respond. Even when Lilli poked it on the cheek it didn't respond. It stared ahead as if it was intently watching something very far away. Lizzy always did this, Lilli could never figure out why. She shrugged, made sure Lizzy had food and water and then got to work renovating the room. After much consideration on creating a room fit for a mythical druid or fantastical royal, she decided to recreate her old room, there or thereabouts. She neglected to include the piles of clothes that were often on the floor, and made sure to include the detail of her bed always being made, a rarity at her own home.

No Caption Provided

She thought about getting rid of some of the pink. It would be embarrassing if someone were to walk in unannounced and see it. Eventually, though, she decided not to. After all, she should be able to change the colour before anyone could see if someone were to come in, anyway. Nodding in satisfaction, she fought with the idea and ultimately decided not to sit in and start watching movies, and instead went out into the halls to explore the campus at random.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Tanner was enjoying his first day at the academy so far. He had made one new friend, Brenna, and he was feeling more at home; his new home. Tanner didn't want to think about his old home at all. His old home had been the cause of so much pain, so much abuse, and Tanner had to steer himself to hold back any tears from coming out. Why did his childhood have to be so f*#ked up? Tanner didn't want to feel this way; he didn't want to hate his parents...but he did.

This academy was Tanners new home and his room would be nothing like his old room. So when the time came to customize his room, what he came up with was so different from his old room that if someone saw both bedrooms they would probably assume they belonged to two different people.

Tanners old room had been barebones, so he filled this one with lots of decorations. His old room had had a rock and roll theme to it with posters of his favorite bands and scantily clad women on the walls, and one electric guitar leaning in the corner; his new room wasn't.

Perhaps Tanners depressed mindset steered him in the direction that soon manifested itself into being his room, or maybe it truly was complete randomness. The philosophers could debate that question for all he cared.

Tanner chose something else that he enjoyed to model his room after, and then went all in.

Horror movies...

He enjoyed horror films, although maybe not as much as his new room gave off. Tanner was easily given to suspension of disbelief and so was swept up in the horror films. In real life he always had to act so tough like nothing scared him that it was nice to watch a film and just be scared for a little while. It made him feel human.

And so Tanners new room was born, filled with horror posters, and props. It was weird, but it reminded him nothing of his room at home...and so it was perfect.

With his room made Tanner went to the cafeteria. After customizing his room and going through all those emotions Tanner was simply hungry.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@thetruebarryallen

Room Decoration

No Caption Provided

"Red" she thought. "Lots and lots of red, with some white to offset the sheer perfection of Red. She finished and realized this was very similar to her room back home. "The more things change, the more they stay the same" she mused. She added a Workbench table where she could jot down ideas for things she wanted to build. "I know i can't take the designs out of this room but it never hurts to have somewhere to write down your ideas."

She contemplated putting an area for a pet but then her rational mind got the better of her "you don't have a pet yet, why don't you wait and see if you get one before making space for one" which made sense the more she thought about it.

Exploration

Once she was happy with the way her room looked she put her hair up into a ponytail, and headed around the campus. Her first stop was the food area "Its important to know where to get your food" she told herself. After familiarizing herself with the area she made her way to her next location.

She made her way to the infirmary/nurses are "I hope i don't have to visit here very often unless im learning" she saw the nice room and quickly made her way out. "My mom taught me some basic stuff but i honestly hope no one i know gets injured."

and then she came to her last and most important, at least in her mind, stop. The Workshop area "Ahh yes this is my kind of place." She sighed and looked around "there never was a problem that couldn't be solved with the right ideas and materials" she thought. This is where she would spend the remainder of her free time

TL;DR

1. decorated the room with lots of red and white
  2. Torch went and explored the Cafeteria, The Infirmary, and The Workshop area for the remainder of her free time.
OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen

Charlie opened up her dorm room only to come face to face with a chubby, tie-wearing cat lying down on her bed. "Meow." He opened up his eyes as he woke up. "Mr. Chonk, you really came along?" She rubbed his ear affectionately and the cat purred warmly in response before going back to sleep. Charlie smiled. "You're still a silly kitty." Chonk had gotten used to his owner's lack of a definite appearance or even voice. He still managed to tell her apart, somehow.

"Hmmm..." She turned to face her cat. "How should we do this, Chonk?" Looking at the empty walls, she decided. "First off, we need some plants so we can get a lil' green in here." She turned around in circles as she observed her surroundings. "Posters can go here. My old newspaper cutouts there." Charlie stroked her hair pushing it to the side. "My bed can be my own, 'cause I'll probably miss it otherwise. Now, I need a bench to workout on and a desk to draw on. Oh, and- wait, don't touch that cactus!" She pulled away her hefty cat, placing him back on the bed before going to finish the room. It was a simple room, and she had purposefully made it smaller so it would remind her of home. But the aesthetic fit her well, and though simple it was detailed and very much made with a loving hand.

Charlie jumped on the bed, launching the poor cat flying, luckily, into the couch. It wasn't an easy job, being a pet for this one. She decided to first send a letter to her mom and, after a short rest, take a look around.

Nashiruu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen

Decoration Time

"Heh. Now, this is the time I need. All to myself..." I already knew what I wanted to do, and began to work on my room. Now I need to put my computer here.... maybe a console here, and my "paintings" here. And I definitely need a mini-fridge. "I like my meat raw, and I need a place to store it... Yeah, I should stop talking to myself." And my manga can stay here!

"Now this, this is perfect!"I said to myself. If I ever wanted a pet, I could add an area for it later, but for now, this will do.

Our Rooms | Anime Amino

Shall I explore?

"Now that my room is done, I guess I should go explore, and I always go to the cafeteria." I quickly transform into a utahraptor and try to sniff out where the cafeteria is. I smell a number of people, objects, and animals. "I smell a lizard, feathers(?), fire, and... food. Score!" I head toward the scent, running by a few people, and find the cafeteria. "It's more plain then I expected. Eh." I make my way toward the nurse's office, and look around. It's pretty normal, but I hate hospitals, and seeing the nurse's office reminds me of my father, so I quickly leave.

"Welp, might as well go back. Nothing else interests me as far as I know. Although, Mr. Armstrong did say something about a chef leaving leftovers. I may go back to take a look." As I walk back to the cafeteria, now a human again, I think about the future, and what will happen later on.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Sol loved the idea of being able to customize his room. He didn't like that it was aesthetics only - he'd wanted his own personal workshop in his room - but he'd make do for the time being, and he had some fun either way:

No Caption Provided

Every little detail he wanted, he received. It was like living a dream. It took him a little bit, but he decided he'd go check out the workshop afterwards, seeing as most of his time would be spent there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

Missy Misako 2:

"Hmm, I can decorate my room however I want to...." Missy taps her chin as she thinks about all the designs she would want to implement. She taps her foot as she struggles to decide what she wants before finally a light bulb goes off in her brain "Aha!" she exclaims in excitement.

No Caption Provided

An American style dojo with a nice window to view the outside, she was inspired by her favorite fictional heroes' home the Red Stuntman who lived in a cramped apartment and trained in a boxing gym similar to Missy's new home. She decided that it would be must efficient to have a room she could also train in.

Missy then leans at the door frame "What am I missing?" she taps her foot as she looks upon her creation. "Oh yeah of course." Missy then walks up to the floor next to the window and using her holodeck's functions she conjures up a fluffy floor mattress, or futon, right there by the window. Missy makes her futon as comfy and thick as possible "There we go much better." she thinks.

Missy then sits down next to her bed, "Geez this day has kind of got me beat, maybe I should take a nap........but first." Missy decides as stands back up and starts to walk to the common area with her student ID, as she hunts down for a machine that can dispense sweets, particularly small fruit flavored sugar shell candies and a fizzy pop to go along with it.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@thetruebarryallen:

No Caption Provided

Alexandros: Post #1

Alex wanted to explore the campus. He had heard a lot about it over the years and was looking forward to seeing it for the first time. But first he had to decide on a room. He wanted to keep it simple, something to remind of home. He dropped his bag in his room and got to deciding how it would be set up. After a few minutes he was all done.

No Caption Provided

He then decided to explore the school. He first went to the gym, getting in his daily workout of the day done and taking a shower after. He then goes to the hall of heroes near the library. He wanted to learn about all the great heroes that have passed through the school. He saw a few familiar faces. Heroes who had trained with his dad and grandfather. He spent most of the day reading about various heroes, where the started out, what they were like in school and what they accomplished after.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, Larry gets to finally pick his bedroom. He likes gold, space, and appreciates beauty, so this will be his idea in his mind's eye, turned into reality by the holoprojector's headlight technology.

No Caption Provided

Everything he would ever need for now, but Larry knows deep in his heart that he will have to upgrade it somehow in the future. Never satisfied, always looking for improvement, not on himself, but on his desires.

No Caption Provided

Larry finishes his designing, and exits the room to go wherever he can get more info on where he can all the action is. "Where there's people, there's drama. Where there's drama, there's juicy bits of info I can glean, all for myself!" He silently walked out of his man-cave, searching for...something!

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #2 - I'm not Sociable Right?

Eddy's short conversation with HUG left him in a mostly bad mood, so he spaced himself from the mechanical adviser and attempted to find a place to be left with his thoughts in a room filled with sharp eyed teacher, muscle heads , and people who lack a clear understanding of personal space. He was so lost he once again accidentally collided into some pompous jerk who Eddy knew he'd run into again with his kind of luck.

Eddy Hangs out on a wall with his bag as he awaits the rest of the hour out for his classmates to finish what he thought was a pretty simple questionnaire. Eventually thankfully they were done and were quickly shown through the campus with frankly thoroughly impressed the young man and he could tell he wasn't alone in that regard. The tour ended with the Headmaster showing the students to their buildings and their rooms. Eddy wasted no time going into one of the vacant room and setting up.

" Ok let's see what we're working with" Eddy gives a hesitant whisper

Roomy Right?

Behind the Door -

Eddy opened and closed the door taking a look at his room, he could work with this. Of course his bed, drawers, closet,etc lay in the middle room separate into a faux two floor set up connected by a ladder. He modeled the room after the one he shared with his sister back home but unlike the one at home this was clearly a bit smaller for one person and for more space for A work room on the "bottom floor" concealed from prying eyes via a wooden door.

The Room has multiple posters, of punk rock bands of Trion as well as a wooden guitar Eddy made himself upon a fire place.

No Caption Provided

Eddy's workshop -

No Caption Provided

A rather dark room with a dark atmosphere though Eddy himself doesn't realize why some would consider it creepy, the workshop room is where Eddy keeps prototype puppets, schematics and of course Rescue. It lays directly under the "top" floor where his bed lays and ironically has a lot more space than his sleeping quarter albeit still a bit cramp to anyone not use to it..

Room's finally Roomy -

Finally
Finally

Eddy takes a sip of some water he stashed his bag impressed by how remarkable the holodeck was and was thankful he received some tips from Elton when he stayed here, or less tips more so countless hours of gushing over it. The memory made the young puppeteer smile. Eddy clear had put in most of the work into his personal Puppet workshop that was hidden behind a door, frankly making it all fit wasn't easy and it's an extremely tight fit but for someone who always shared a room with a sister it wasn't a problem. The Room itself was pretty much just his room at home minus his sisters things allowing more space for his own items as well as his first personal workshop that was practically a slightly bigger closet..

Eddy has already placed Rescue in the workshop along with multiple schematics and protype puppets and puppet parts, practically unusable but still a good starting point for future endeavors. Eddy was going to use the rest of his night for himself but realized he hadn't eaten all day and decided to head to the cafeteria while he still could...

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen:

RP

Laboriously, Danny made his way to his dorm room. He was impressed. His new room was spacious and very smartly decorated. He noticed the 'holodeck,' as the headmaster had called it, on his desk. Maybe later, he said to himself as he dragged himself towards his large bed and collapsed forwards onto the comfortable soft mattress. The bed frame flexed under the heavy-built frame of the gypsy boy. After several seconds Danny rolled from his face-down starfish position onto his back, placed his hands behind his head and revisited todays events in his thoughts before drifting off.

He didn't sleep long, he never did, but he did sleep soundly, a welcome change for the young man. He spent several minutes in bed preparing himself before he eventually arose. Danny spent some time pacing in his new accomodation deciding what to do. Wandering campus alone could be somewhat interesting but he decided the idea was only half-appealing to him and considered further options. Finally, after very few suggestions, Danny decided to tinker about with the his holodeck. This was perhaps, as Danny would discover, an even worse idea than exploring campus as he found it extremely difficult to wrap his technologically unsavvy mind around the interface. This frustrated the easily agitated boxer. Restraining himself, the irritated gypsy made his way to the kitchens. He always found cooking therapeutic but he had at last decided what he wanted to do.

Less than an hour later Danny was returning from the kitchens with a spring in his step. Pleased with himself, he meandered down the corridors with a confidence in his stride and twinkle in his eye. Perched like a parrot on his right shoulder was a container holding several gallons of transparent liquid. His left hand - in contrast to his right, which was above his head atop of the fluid container - hung lazily by his side with three brown mesh bags in it's grip. Danny was very impressed with the kitchen facilities and their stock. Before he reached his room Danny remembered his earlier predicament... the holodeck. Momentarily perplexed, this was a spanner in the works, he thought. Danny elected to find help and instead of heading for his quarters headed for the common room.

Peering into the common room, still carrying the enormous container and three sacks from the kitchen, Danny quickly searched for any familiar faces.

TL;DR

Danny goes to the kitchen and picks up a few things then goes to the common room for some IT support from any of the other students.

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@thetruebarryallen

Continuing the First Day

Billy's headache was put on the sidelines as the tour took place. He made sure to note the locations particular the Library. "Now that aotta be useful Ma & Pa couldn't read a book to save their lives!". Billy remarks to himself. During the waiting and tour Billy couldn't help but feel disconnected from his peers. He didn't feel any sort of resentment but he didn't feel camaraderie with them either. The teachers he felt a tad bit connected more yet he still can't bring himself to really see them as his teachers. Overall his emotions felt a bit jaded, like none of this matters to him. Quickly Billy slaps himself for thinking that. "Of course it does! These are good people trying to do good work!" and he's been given a chance to work with the best of the best to not up being killed by some demon...wait what? I mean to become the best hero. "

No Caption Provided

Billy hold his head "Come on Come on Come on! What was that a vision? Some-sort warning?" Billy calms down again before he attracts attention. Thankfully Billy is led to his dorm where he gets to make to however he wants. "Well Well now place could use a clean up!" Taking full advantage of the technology given to him Billy creates a room that eases his mind.

No Caption Provided

"Ain't this a nice room...Welp time to further descend into madness hahahahaa oh god please help..." Pending inevitable mental collapse Billy decides to do some weapon research in the library. Seeing the types of firearms throughout the ages.

BaftDastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Participant Tag

To those who are tagged, make sure you post for the second Advancement soon, I'd like to get the third Advancement up by Wednesday, trying to have advancements every 3 or 4 days right now.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryuga Tatsumaki; Post #1: Orientation Day

No Caption Provided

To say that he had felt nothing would have been an outright lie. The moment he had seen the Armstrong Academy banner sailing in the distance, his heart rate jumped, as he felt an ecstatic feeling form in the furrow of his chest! The fruits of eleven years of intense training would be reaped on this day. It all lead up to this, and he must ensure not to do anything to mess this up. One wrong miss-flare of emotions, and the nearest person to him would get an extremely accurate close up of the sun. 'Remember your training' the words still rang fresh in his head. Closing his eyes, he inhaled through his nasal, years of breathing exercises flashing through his mind. Seconds later, his energetic mood calmed, leaving behind nothing but the feeling of bliss. Today really was the day!

Now standing among his peers, Ryuga did everything he could to ensure he displayed a certain sense of formality. They were about to be greeted by some of the best heroes of their generation. Could the rest of the rabble not learn to simmer down and show their superiors some respect? Regardless of the disorderly state of the rest, he would not plan to be like the others. 'Hair up, eyes forward, chest out, and back straight', the voice of his mother lecturing him about his timidness haunted the back of his mind. While he may have been fearless of many things, his mother was not one of them! Crossing his arms behind his back, he earned himself a reactionary snicker from a nearby student or two. 'Of all the people that get selected . . . idiots . . . the lot of them.' he mentally sighed. Anymore thoughts that he might have had for them were quickly eradicated, when he appeared; Alexander Armstrong.

The loud and energetic voice of the crowd was shushed. Not a word was heard except for the occasional murmur or two. Ryuga, and honestly anyone with two functional eyes could see exactly why it was so. The way he walked and carried himself exhumed both a sense of confidence and power that was only befitting of a man . . . . no . . . . hero of his stature!

And like a bursting dam, all the pent up energy that was stored up in the crowd was suddenly released in the form of loud, ear deafening roars. However sound abated just as fast as it had formed, right before Armstrong, undisturbed by the bouts of the crowd, continued on as if nothing had happened. Ryuga took a small glance around to catch the faces of the onlookers, and what he saw told him everything that he needed to know. The respect and adoration that the people had was ever-present on their faces. It wouldn't have surprised him if every single person in this crowd, somehow directly or indirectly, owed Armstrong their very lives.

It was in this few fleeting minutes of introductions that Ryuga realized a scary, and yet equally exciting, thought. 'This is who I must surpass!' He gave a small toothy grin, eager for what awaited in his future. No matter what is to come . . . . he will persevere!

After the exhilarating speech from Alexander Armstrong himself, all the new admissions were moved into a auditorium, before testing sheets were handed out. When he first entered the testing zone, Ryuga had thought that the school might have been trying to gauge the intellect level of their new admissions. Possible testing them with several questions related to higher mathematics and general sciences. When they were asked to begin he was undoubtedly surprised. 'You see a lost child among a panicked crowd. A villain is attacking and they've been separated from their family. What do you do? What would you be willing to sacrifice for some . . .', Not a test of intellect, but a test of character. Well, it was a test either way, so no time to be wasted!

The Test

Extremely situational question which has too many variables that must be accounted for. Assuming a standard villain terrorizing scenario, prioritizing the defeat of the villain seems to be the more logical route to take. In the time it would take to facilitate the child to a safer location, an enhanced individual could cause numerous civilian casualties and untold amount of property damage. This should take higher precedence over a single life.

Answer cannot be determined with my current experience and mental fortitude. Logic dictates that by living I can save many more lives in the course of my life, but my inaction is still subject to moral scrutiny

A. The unbeatable ones B. The ones that I can defeat

The best. I don't quit

Resume my duties and train to improve

The effective ones

I prefer working alone, but reality calls for situations where teamwork with others is necessary, and hence I will do the best of my ability to aid everyone. However, in my spare time I shall always try to find way to cover for the gaps that are often required to be filed by others. Reasons for my preferred solitude are personal.

I find both options rather limiting. A mobile HQ would allow me to encompass far more territory under my watch, while simultaneously ensuring that I can continue my research in regards to self enhancement.

A. Train and study B. Honing my pyrokinetic abilities

What is your motto?

Persevere

March ever onward, against all odds

Ryuga Tatsumaki. I have no use of an alias

Having completed and handed in the test, Ryuga joined the rest of the students as they were shown a tour of the campus. Most of it was ordinary stuff that could be found in any typical institute. Gym, cafeteria, classrooms, libraries, nurse's office, lecture halls, and the list went on. Sure there were a few 'special' areas that you wouldn't usually expect, but Ryuga was expecting the unexpected, so it didn't really count!

The tour tethered right outside the student quarters, right before Sir Armstrong took his leave, most likely off to attend to other of his many important duties. Looking back, Ryuga took a quick look at the exterior, its pristine and immaculate form reminding him of just how many resources this school had. It took a minute, but he failed to realize that he zoned out while inspecting the structure, and was suddenly left behind in a trail of footprints, the last few students already entering the main door before he had even stepped past the outer gates. He looked down and smiled, shaking his head while doing so, amused over his momentary lack of spatial awareness. 'Focus', the words left just as quickly as they had came, and the smile was wiped off his face. Not wasting another second, he made his way inside

Dorm Sweet Dorm!

No Caption Provided

Bed? Check! Lights? Check! Table? Check! Chair? Check! 'So far so good', thought Ryuga. Not seeing much else to do, he figured that it might be better to use this time to catch up on some subjects that he didn't quite get to complete. Knowing that he would be too tired later, he decided to take care of a couple of 'security concerns' before anything else. Moving up to his dorm door, he pulled out a single strand of his hair and wedged it into the edge of the door and the frame at the side that was furthest form opening inwards. Then, just as an extra precaution, laid his chair against the door, in the off chance that someone felt a little sparrow-happy. Now slightly satisfied, he plopped his bag of carry-on items onto his bed before pulling out a laptop and a charger. Pulling up his incomplete courses, he set to work.

'Now let's see if I can complete gradient decent and back propagation in a day!'

TL;DR

• Do the test with everyone else
  • Go to dorm room
    • Once inside dorm room, wedge a few strand of hair between the door and door frame.
    • Place chair against the handle of the door
    • Start studying neural networks on my laptop
    • If other students come and ask to talk just ignore and continue working

@thetruebarryallen

rp_is_my_thing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rp_is_my_thing

@thetruebarryallen

RP

Rip walked quietly to his room, replaying the days events and sights repeatedly in his mind. His room, a white room, bare furnishing except a single seat underneath a small sterile luminous skylight. It's empty square of sky, shining onto the chair, giving the room a pale glow.

He'd long modeled his rooms in this fashion, the bare white rooms of minimalism, allowed you to explore your own mind. It was in rooms like this that he'd first discovered his abilities. Like being stuck in a cave. Just yourself, four walls, a floor and a ceiling. Chances are it will be either unbearably boring or eerily nerve-racking, for the weak, maybe both.

The "chair" a solid marble slab with out any give, blended seamlessly into the floor. In rooms like this the boredom is the worst thing. Nothing to read, nothing to see, nothing to do. His father had trained him like this he recalled his saying as he entered the place …

"The drawback of the white room is that it calls attention to the minor, but if you can adjust to it. Use it as a canvas, a playground for your illustrious, imagination..."

To hone his mind, sharpen his senses, enhance his creativity and imagination. Food was brought to him three times a day on a tray through a small slot in the door. Ditto for toilet paper or other necessities. Bare necessities.

Until she came, to call, to answer, to state his perfection. After three continuous years in these conditions. His dreams were fueled by a terrible anxiety. There was no landscapes any more, no views at all; He'd long since recreated every scene it was possible for his subconscious to recall. Only the bare white walls of the white room, were available to him now. He would see himself suspended upside-down, hoisted on a complex web of ropes and pulleys. He would be turning slowly in mid-air, like a carcass on a hook, his body trussed blood flooding into the cramped spaces, the cavities and hollows, behind his eyes. There would be a woman in the room with him, a figure in the shadows just outside the light, near the door, and all she would be wearing was a hood of the deepest black. It would look as if her head was missing, as if a headless body was standing in the room, and he would hear it whispering, this headless body;

No Caption Provided

"It's perfect... from your perfect, irresistible imagination... "

Then he would wake again, and it would be hard to know whether he was alone or not, he couldn't always see into the corners, not at night, and the darkness hissing, buzzing, like a thousand shrunken voices all muttering at once, and he would look down at his body, which was laid out in the manner of an offering, a sacrifice, and he would find that he no longer knew what as a dream and what wasn't, and he would wonder which was worse...

In a way, being awake was easier. At least he could make an attempt to control things. Awake, he could try and hypnotize himself into a different place, his only refuge being the obvious one, that of his past life, with his mother. But it was difficult to sustain, and in the end it was pointless too, perhaps. As soon as the images he summoned from the past began to falter, the room would assert itself, parts of it becoming visible, like bone showing through bloody clothes. There it would be, stark and white, but never dispassionate, somehow, how could it be with all those rings and straps and bolts, every one of which, he now knew, had been designed with some exquisite torture or perversion in mind. The hooks and rails. The stretcher. The deep-red rubber mat. A blandness about it all, an everyday brutality--predictable, unchanging, remorseless.

The room was always there, and the women, .. the stranger.

He entered that room, neatly draped his jacket around the shoulders of his chair, laid his umbrella at it's base. Turned soldieringly, catching a glimpse of the stranger as he stood, and she hurriedly crossed the room. Him only just managing to close the door, before she was upon him.

Collecting and composing himself, by gently straightening his hair with his fingers, and tidying his shirt which had come askew. He went out in the direction of the stage rooms and amphitheater.

TL;DR

• Goes to his room to lay down his items.
  • Goes to the stage rooms and amphitheater.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cocacolaman  Moderator

@thetruebarryallen

Post 2

Gregorio didn't really care for his room. He walked around the campus, checking out the Blitball area and the library.

"Hm, this one looks good," Gregorio thought to himself, picking up a book with a bloody knife on it. He decided he'd stay in the library and read until someone took him out. He was frustrated, since he hadn't read much, but he checked out the book and went back to his dorm when the time came. He spent the rest of his time doing push ups and other small exercises to keep himself in fit shape.