The Armstrong Academy Scenario - Main Thread
Welcome to the Armstrong Academy Scenario Main Thread -- it is here that all participants will post their actions for advancements. This OP will also contain a multitude of helpful links and information about NPC characters, various factions, and locations in the Armstrong Universe.
I hope you have fun and enjoy the Armstrong Experience!!
Here is a link to the Armstrong Academy Companion Guide which lists characters, locations, factions, and lore!
Armstrong Academy Locations
These are significant locations or points of interest at the Armstrong Academy:
- MAIN BUILDING- The largest building on campus and the first building anyone comes across when visiting. It contains the majority of the Academy Facilities. This building (and the rest of the campus) is surrounded by a large outer wall that prohibits non-authorized individuals from roaming the campus, it is outfitted with several security measures designed by Pro Heroes Troubleshooter, Catalyst, Polymath, and Urban Legend.
- ARENA- Located on the grounds; the Arena is a large complex used for a variety of training exercises and for the sport of Blitzball.
- ENGINEERING WORKSHOP- Located next to the main building; the Engineering Workshop is a large hangar filled with different tools and machinery to help build a variety of equipment used by Pro Heroes.
- FACULTY LOUNGE - Located in the main building; the Faculty Lounge is just what it sounds like, a common area for faculty only.
- HEADMASTER'S OFFICE - Located in the main building; the Headmaster's office is used for private meetings and serves as the 'home base' for Headmaster Armstrong. Assistant Headmaster Queen Wasp & the Administrative Assistant, Three, also have offices located nearby. Visitors are required to check in at this office when coming to campus.
- GYM- Located in the main building; the Gym is where physical education classes occur and serves as a place for students to train (under supervision) on their down time.
- LABORATORIES- Located in the main building; the Laboratories provide students the opportunity to study the subjects of Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, Cellular Biology, Physics, and much, much, more.
- LECTURE HALLS- Located in the main building are a variety of lecture halls (A thru Z) for certain lectures or briefings for both students and faculty.
- LIBRARY & HALL OF HEROES- Located within the main building; the Library and the Hall of Heroes; both run by the Pro Hero, Living Transcript. The Library provides students and faculty with resources for a wide variety of subjects; the Hall of Heroes does the same, but with up to date information about Pro Heroes and Alumni of the Academy.
- NURSES OFFICE- Located within the main building; the nurses office is where the Pro Hero, Madam Suture, cares for and tends to any student of faculty wounds sustained during training or from missions.
- SOUZ ZEST'S CAFETERIA- The main dining hall at the Armstrong Academy; featuring food served up by the Gourmet Hero, Souz Zest! Food not consumed by the end of the day is transported to the student housing complexes scattered throughout the campus, so as to not go to waste.
- STUDENT HOUSING- The students quarters are located throughout campus; each building has several floors with common areas and dorm rooms for the students within. Each grade level/year level have their own housing.
More to be uncovered.
Armstrong Academy Clubs & Organizations
These are the active clubs and student run organizations at the Armstrong Academy:
- Armstrong Players: Thespian Society (Drama Club)
- AV Club (Computers & Media)
- Blitzball Team (Sports)
- Marksmanship Club (Shooting & Gunplay)
- Martial Arts Club (Close Quarters Combat)
- Mind Hunters (Psychics & Beyond)
- Model UP (United Planets)
- Robotics (Engineering & Construction of Robotics)
- Sidekicks (Teen Titans/Young Justice Style Group)
- SOS (Students Observing Science)
- Student Council (Student Body Government)
More to be uncovered.
Armstrong Academy Factions
First Day of Orientation [ MUSIC ]
A cloud of excitement hangs over a plot of land south of Enno City -- at one such hero school known as the Armstrong Academy; a gaggle of onlookers and press members stand outside the gates of the facility, hoping to get a peak at the celebrations to be had.
Today is the first day of orientation for the next class of to-be heroes at the Academy; the class of 2246. The faculty have gathered to welcome them; a pantheon of world class heroes, led by the one and only Armstrong, founder and headmaster of this very Academy.
As students arrive the press begin to take snapshots of their every movements; the possibility that this may be the first 'professional' photo of the next top hero is all too tempting. Once everyone seems to have arrived the headmaster takes a stand at a podium located atop the steps -- his presence causes the crowd to hush, with dull whispers talking about his reputation, his might, his general being.
Suddenly, he begins:
Greetings! Students, friends, family! We welcome to all here today to celebrate these students, the potential heroes of tomorrow, the Armstrong Class of 2246!
The crowd roars! The excitement is palpable!
Now, we have yet to know what these young heroes to be will do in the years to come, but I assure you, at the Armstrong Academy we train them to the fullest, to make them the best they can be. We produce the heroes of tomorrow, today!!
The school slogan: The Heroes of Tomorrow, Today!
The crowd eats it up, students talk among themselves, some of them displaying a flash of their abilities, the cameras pounce on the opportunities to capture these moments.
But now of course, we need to get acquainted with our new class. So excuse us, for they've got quite the journey ahead. We shall welcome you all back later in the week during the climactic orientation festival where these new students will show you what they've got!
A mixed reaction; some folks want more time to see these budding heroes, or to see the famous faculty, but they understand what's coming. The orientation tests that students take in order to truly prove themselves, sure, they've been accepted, but to create a baseline these tests are necessary, and by the end of the week they'll get to experience the Orientation Festival -- a true chance to show off!
So without further aideu! We bid you farewell! But remember -- keep being the best hero you can be, you are the heroes of tomorrow, and today!!!
The crowd is won over once more. During the applause the doors to the Academy open and the students are ushered inside. You move through the halls passing by framed photos of historic battles, world renowned heroes, and memorabilia on display from various points in Trion's history. Soon you enter a large lecture hall where you're told to sit down, then several faculty members move through the aisles handing out surveys, or are they exams?
The top reads 'HERO PROFILE' with text underneath asking 'What Hero Will You Become'?
Inside the packet are several questions; you are told to answer them with complete honesty, hold nothing back. The questions are as follows:
- You see a lost child among a panicked crowd. A villain is attacking and they've been separated from their family. What do you do?
- What would you be willing to sacrifice for someone else? Should heroes be expected to make sacrifices?
- What types of villains scare you most; what types of villains are you unafraid of?
- What type of hero do you want to be? Why do you think you can become that hero?
- You have just defeated your rival; what do you do next?
- What is your weapon of choice?
- Are you a team player; why or why not?
- Do you want to travel and explore new territories OR would you rather have a home base?
- What do you do in your spare time? What hobbies do you have?
- What is your motto?
- If you had a theme song, what would it be like?
- If you had to choose a hero name today, what would it be?
There are instructions on the bottom of the packet to hand it into one of the various faculty members stationed throughout the lecture hall. They'll give you further instructions once you've finished.
OBJECTIVE: Complete the Hero Profile, your first step to truly joining the Armstrong Academy. Once you've handed it in wait for further instructions.