Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By i_like_swords

Master Chief

No Caption Provided

Boba and Jango Fett

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Chief is out-of-armor, current version.
  • Boba and Jango are wearing durasteel Mandalorian armor. EU/Legends versions, all feats.
  • Unarmed combat only.
  • Fight to the death.

Round 1

Jango Fett vs Master Chief

Round 2

Boba Fett vs Master Chief

Round 3

Both Fetts vs Master Chief

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By reikai

You just told the Fett family to die. Wearing their armor doesn't stop John from breaking their arms off at the joints or twisting their heads on backwards.

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Nope, their skill and commendable physical stats do that for them.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief

Chief

Fetts

Don't think they can take him alone because of his incredible strength, reaction time, and skill but together they might pull a win but barely.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want to say the Fetts can pull this off, but Chief's physicals may be too much.

I'll have to think about this.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shot

I don't think they can hurt Chief, he has said to have very durable bones. Plus the factor of reaction time, he sees things in slow motion, strength and overall H2h skills. + His lack of humanity, he would probably go for killing blows on the spot.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only chance they have is together but barely.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot said:

I don't think they can hurt Chief, he has said to have very durable bones. Plus the factor of reaction time, he sees things in slow motion, strength and overall H2h skills. + His lack of humanity, he would probably go for killing blows on the spot.

xD I just realized this

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fetts. Eye gouges, anti-EU Jedi physicals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man said:

Chief

Chief

Fetts

Don't think they can take him alone because of his incredible strength, reaction time, and skill but together they might pull a win but barely.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Awesomedude

Chief wins rounds 1 and 2.

Fetts win round 3.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief

Chief

Fetts

I wouldn't even say the Fetts win the last round due to skill, the word I'd use is teamwork.

Avatar image for doflamingo_the_joker
Doflamingo_The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief all rounds, he killed two grown men as a child and they were both marines, and physically capable themselves. Chief beats them both as a kid :P

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently he killed three

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot said:

Durable enough to tank blows which have killed superhumanly durable Jedi/people with single strikes and kicked durasteel doors down in single kicks?

Reaction/perception time isn't something the Fetts haven't coped with, and strength only matters so much if Chief connects. I'd also argue the Fetts are more skilled, but this is my thread, so I'll leave this here and take my leave.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: They're not more skilled than the Marines that John was taking out at 14. And again, let me reiterate; John and his Spartan-II's were taking out their Instructors, Marines with more experience than them, with nothing but their bare hands, against men in Mark-II Power Armor. Armor that triples their strength and doubles their speed.

The Fetts certainly don't have stats higher than guys who're effectively using exo-skeletons to augment their stats. Even at 12 he was leading his fellow candidates in military exercises against UNSC Marines on the planet Reach as part of their training. These Children are not given any weapons or supplies and are dropped off in the middle of nowhere, and have to complete a specific objective within a limited time frame. Which included acquiring equipment from the 'enemy' and involved hijacking dropships to escape with.

These kids make Clone Troopers made from Jango's DNA look like toy soldiers. And that was before the Augmentation procedure. The Fetts have no advantages here. The only thing their armor does for them is keep them from being killed with the first punch to the face. That's it. John is faster, stronger and a much better fighter than they are.

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By i_like_swords

@reikai: Just going to cut the foreplay here - what makes Chief more skilled than Jango or Boba? Both guys who have shown knowledge of instant-death strikes, both being leaders at some point of the Mandalorians, who are considered by many to be the greatest fighters in the galaxy, Jango who has killed 7-8 armed Jedi with his bare hands.. Chief beating marines does not compare. Go make a thread right now saying "The three marines Master Chief killed versus the seven Jedi Jango killed" and see who wins.

John is faster, and stronger, but the Fetts can circumvent these advantages through skill, as they've done before.

Please just try and be a little bit less biased...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By JakeN7

@i_like_swords: Jango killed 7 armed Jedi Knights without any equipment???? Scans?

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw you posted them.

EDIT 2: Pretty crazy feat, but I counted 3, maybe 4 Jedi that we saw him take down. Where are you getting 7 or 8?

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

round 1 jango after a good fight.

round 2 is a very close match.

round 3 fetts.

Bamapecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jango Fett. That is all.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief all three rounds

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

physically they shouldn't win but we have very few feats of MC without armor and plenty of feats with the fetts whooping butt. on paper I feel like MC should win the first 2 rounds but feats may prove otherwise

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: That was my count as well. I thought I must've missed something, but I guess not.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On paper Chief wins a least the first 2 rounds, but based on actual concrete feats he loses all 3 rounds.

TheKilBorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Chief can win round 3 as well, you have to realize that it's not the easiest to figh with broken bones....

All Chief has to do is break a knee cap or an elbow and that's a fighter out of commission

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A tiny bit of wanking of both sides.

Can any actually show Chief's skill? How do we know that it's above the Fetts who are jedi hunters.

Same goes for the Fetts. Who's to say they can contend with Chief who is very very strong, durable, and in most cases, can react faster than them? Show me them feats.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief has reaction times in excess of 300% of normal human (the difference is even more pronounced when in combat with adrenaline) due to increased mylineation, nerve diameter increases, and conductive coating. They have superhuman strength due to genetic and steroid treatments. Unbreakable bones. Even if the Spartans had NO fighting skill WHATSOEVER, they would completely annihilate the Fetts, what chance do they have of touching Chief? Imagine fighting against someone who is literally 3 times faster than you, it's pretty much impossible. Now imagine if that guy had insurmountable pain tolerance, the strength to kill you with a single punch, unbreakable bones, increased muscle density, and could never get tired. Even if you were Bruce Lee and this guy was some schmuck from the street, you're f*cking dead. Now imagine this guy wasn't some schmuck off the street, but had been training sine he was 7 years old and had been in h2h engagements with the deadliest living beings in the galaxy ever since.

Stomp match.

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By i_like_swords

@jaken7 said:

@shootingnova: That was my count as well. I thought I must've missed something, but I guess not.

In the comic it's highly implicit that he killed 7 or 8, but we only see 4 on-panel. Either way it's a good feat.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: How is it "highly implicit?" And yes it is, but 7 or 8 is MUCH more impressive than 3 or 4. That's essentially doubling the feat.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: @jaken7: Dooku says "half of our forces were killed", and when you look at the line up there are about fourteen Jedi altogether. Sidious asks something like "how did one man kill so many?" Dooku replies "with his bare hands", and in the same panel there is a display case with about 7-8 Jedi lightsabers, presumably belonging to the ones Jango killed. Then at the scene of the battle no Mandalorians are seen killing any Jedi, apart from Jango, who at the end of the fight has about 7 Jedi corpses lying around him.

So.. I'd say it's fairly implicit that Jango off'd them, but I can understand why you would want to limit the feat to what you see on-panel.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: Was it ever stated that Jango killed them all, or was that just Sidious's presumption (assuming you are correct in your memories)?

Also, the other three wouldn't have been killed in the same set of scans as posted, so we are mostly lost on how they are killed - being entirely off-panel, it could have just as easily have been Jango taking advantage of advantageous circumstances or anything of the sort. So I can't really give him the feat, and it's really still fodder Jedi anyways.

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By i_like_swords

@shootingnova: Well you never can give a feat to someone without jumping through some hoops first so I understand :)

It was never directly stated. Sidious asks how one man killed so many Jedi, Dooku says with his bare hands. In the same panel as a glass cabinet containing eight deceased Jedi lightsabers. Pretty mental coincidence that.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Well it's interesting how Sidious immediately presumes it was one person.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MC is getting a lot of wank here. Without MJOLNIR, he's at a critical disadvantage. That means he loses most of his strength, durability, speed, and other misc. abilities from the suit as well. Chief's H2H wasn't even the best, either. Not that it wasn't good, but most of the training he had focused more on vehicles, weapons, electronics, etc.

He honestly should lose all rounds if he is unarmed and unarmored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: hes not getting alot of wanking check up top, how as a kid right out of precognition and such, fought and killed, yet didnt even know he had killed them when he fought the ODSTs. However, never the less they were still dead. It doesn't take away or put him in a critical disadvantage sure he wont have even more ups, but hes still able to kill even when he is out of the suit, but i honestly agree with young_murloc said. We honestly don't got necessarily a lot of feats to show just how skilled john is out of the suit besides the famous scan u would/should of saw up top. An yes his H2H was just fine, otherwise an elite would walk all over him or a brute. ( especially their higher ranking ones as well )

On paper Chief wins a least the first 2 rounds, but based on actual concrete feats he loses all 3 rounds.

Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By force_echo

I fail to see what's impressive about Boba taking 3 nameless Jedi who suffered the Worf effect who basically just existed to show off how badass Boba is. Any person who actually analyzes the feat can see that the Jedi were extreme jobbers. All it takes to defeat a Jedi is snow to the face? They can't sense where you are at all times, they can't just simply force push you away as soon as it happens?

At various times in the EU, nameless Jedi have been beaten by everything from cannon fodder clones/droids/troopers, to untrained savages, and more. IMO, Chief beating a Brute H2H in the third novel is far more impressive than the Jedi feat.

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By i_like_swords

@force_echo said:

I fail to see what's impressive about Boba taking 3 nameless Jedi who suffered the Worf effect who basically just existed to show off how badass Boba is. Any person who actually analyzes the feat can see that the Jedi were extreme jobbers.

And during your expert analysis, were you unable to decipher the fact that it was actually four Jedi, and that it was Jango Fett who killed them? Seriously, just get out. You don't know what you're talking about.

@force_echo said:

All it takes to defeat a Jedi is snow to the face? They can't sense where you are at all times, they can't just simply force push you away as soon as it happens?

Not every Jedi is proficient in telekinesis, and the snow served as an underhanded distraction. I don't see what the issue is here. They're still superhumanly fast beings with inherent precognition, who have speed sufficient to deflect bullet+++ speed projectiles, and have commendable swordsmanship (the Jedi in question, who slaughtered a full squad of Mandalorians without taking a single casualty until Jango started killing them).

@force_echo said:

At various times in the EU, nameless Jedi have been beaten by everything from cannon fodder clones/droids/troopers, to untrained savages, and more. IMO, Chief beating a Brute H2H in the third novel is far more impressive than the Jedi feat.

Please cite specific instances of clones/droids/"troopers" or "untrained savages" killing several Jedi with their bare hands, in single strikes, back-to-back.

What's so impressive about a single Brute in comparison to, arguably, seven Jedi, but at least, four Jedi? I want to hear about their speed, skill and any other useful attributes that makes a single brute more formidable than numerous Mandalorian-slaughtering Jedi.

In fact, go and create a standard Brute vs Four Standard Jedi thread right now and see how many people laugh.

You can whine about the Jedi being featless, being jobbers, or whatever or other excuse you want to try and conjure out of thin air - you've presented nothing of substance, and by the end of this debate you still won't have.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By Frozen

Chief should take it, to be honest.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By reikai

@i_like_swords: I was wrong about 1 thing. It wasn't Mark 2 Power Armor, it was Mark-1.

Mark I Prototype Exoskeleton

Initiated in 2512 the Mark I was one of the Navy's first experiments with powered exoskeletons - more human-powered defense structures than suits, the Mark I took 10 years to develop, but was bulky, unwieldy and needed to be tethered to a power source due to the extraordinary amount of energy needed to power it.[4] This was the downfall to the system as it required a connection to a fusion generator which hindered movement. The Mark I Prototype Exoskeleton improved the strength and stamina of the wearer and allowed a user to lift two tons (4,000 pounds) and run at 32 km/h (19.88 MPH) for extended periods of time.[5] The Mark I contained a cutting edge on board computer that could assist the wearer by transmitting tactical and communications information to the standard neural implant issued to a soldier, the suit however did not possess the ability to carry an A.I on board. The armor could also be equipped with motion sensors, infrared scopes, and could be mounted with a 30mm mini-gun that fired on self-targeting armatures.

Research and development for the Mark I was carried out at Section Three's headquarters in the CASTLE facility on Reach, however the final assembly of components were done at the Damascus Testing Facility on Chi Ceti IV. At least forty Mark I suits were produced and although they never saw deployment on the battlefield they were later used to carry heavy equipment in docking bays, and dozens of others were dumped into Reach's titanium mines. The Mark I Exoskeletons were later used by trainers of the SPARTAN-IIs to protect themselves when training under Chief Petty Officer Mendez's orders. Otherwise the training could have killed them, as evidenced by the first day back at Reach when three trainers were accidentally killed during hand to hand combat exercises.[6]

Now let's take a closer look at these incidents.

Halo: The Fall of Reach Pg89-90

The road wound down in a spiral, deeper into solid granite. Mendez said, "Do you remember the Navy's first experiments with powered exoskeletons?"

"I'm not sure I see the connection between this place, my Spartans, and the exoskeleton projects," Dr. Halsey replied, frowning, "but I'll play along a bit further. Yes, I know all about the Mark I Prototypes. We had to scrap the concept and redesign battle armor from the ground up for the MJOLNIR project. The Mark I's consumed enormous energy. Either they had to be plugged into a generator or use inefficient broadcast power--neither option is practical on a battlefield."

Mendez decelerated slightly as he approached a speed bump. The Warthog's massive tires thudded over the obstacle.

"They used the units that weren't scrapped," Dr. Halsey continued, "as dock loaders to move heavy equipment." She cocked one eyebrow. "Or might they have been dumped in a place like this?"

"There are dozens of the suits here."

You haven't put my Spartans in some of those antiques?"

No. Their trainers are using them for their own safety.," Mendez replied. "When the Spartans recovered from their microgravity therapy, they were eager to get back into their routine. However, we experienced some--" He paused, searching for the right word, "...difficulties."

He glanced at his passenger. His face was grim. "Their first day back, three trainers were accidentally killed during hand-to-hand combat exercises."

Dr. Halsery cocked an eyebrow. "Then they are faster and stronger than we anticipated?"

"That," Mendez replied, "would be understating the situation."

To put it bluntly, a bunch of 14yr olds had exceeded their expectations and were so dangerous during practice their their trainers had to wear protective armor to keep from being killed by accident. The exoskeletons which gave them 2tons of strength and doubled their speed, with auto-targeting systems, infrared and movement sensors, were all almost useless in taking on these Spartan-II's.

And John-117, who is not even the physically strongest of them, could still do things like this without really trying.

Halo: The Fall of Reach Pg 90-92

Floodlights snapped on and illuminated a section of the cavern the size of a football field. In the center stood a concrete bunker. Three men in the primitive Mark I power armor stood on top. Six more stood evenly spaced around the perimeter. A red banner had been planted in the center of the bunker.

"Capture the flag?" Dr. Halsey asked. "Past all that heavy armor?"

"Yes. The trainers in those exoskeletons can run at thirty-two KPH, lift two tons, and have thirty-millimeter miniguns mounted on self-targeting armatures--stun rounds, of course. They're also equipped with the latest motion sensors and IR scopes. And needless to say, their armor is impervious to standard light weapons. It would take two or three platoons of conventional Marines to take that bunker."

Mendez spoke again in the microphone, and his voice echoed off the cavern walls: "Start the drill."

Sixty seconds ticked by. Nothing happened. One hundred twenty seconds. "Where are the Spartans?" Dr. Halsey asked.

"They're here," Mendez replied. Dr. Halsey caught a glimpse of motion in the dark: a shadow against shadows, a familiar silhouette.

"Kelly?" she whispered.

The trainers turned and fired at the shadow, but it moved with almost supernatural quickness. Even the self-targeting systems couldn't track it.

From above, a man free-rappelled down from the girders and gantries overhead. The newcomer landed behind one of the perimeter guards, quiet as a cat. He punched the guards armor twice, denting the heavy plates, then dropped low and swept the guards legs out from under him. The guard sprawled on the ground.

The Spartan attached his rappelling line to the trainer. A moment later the writhing guard shot upward, into the darkness.

Two other guards turned to attack.

The Spartan dodged, rolled, and melted into the shadows.

Dr. Halsey realized the trainer's exoskeleton wasn't being pulled up--it was being used as a counterweight.

Two other Spartans, dangling from the other end of that rope, dropped unnoticed into the center of the bunker. Dr. Halsey immediately recognized one of them, although he was dressed entirely in black, save his open eye slits--Number 117. John.

John landed, braced, and kicked one guard. The man landed in a heap...eight meters away.

The other Spartan jumped off the bunker; he flipped end over end, evading the stun rounds that filled the air. he threw himself at the farthest guard and they skidded together into the shadows. the guard's gun strobed once, and then it was dark again.

On top of the bunker, John was a blur of slashing motions. A second guard's exosuit erupted in a fountain of hydraulic fluid and then collapsed under the armor's weight.

The last guard on the bunker turned to fire at John. Halsey gripped the edge of her chair. "He's at point-blank range! Even stun rounds can kill at that distance!"

As the guard's gun fired, John sidestepped. The stun rounds slashed through the air, a clean miss. John grabbed the weapons armature--twisted--and with a screech of stressed metal, wrenched it free of the exoskeleton. He fired directly into the man's chest and sent him tumbling off the bunker.

The remaining quartet of perimeter guards turned and sprayed the area with suppression fire.

A heartbeat later, the lights went out.

Mendez cursed and keyed the mike. "Backups. Hit the backup lights now!"

A dozen amber floods flickered to life.

Not a Spartan was in sight, but the nine trainers were either unconscious or lay immobile in inert battle armor.

The red flag was gone.

And these are still 14yr olds, only six months after the augmentation procedure. Furthermore...

"Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH," he explained. "Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the 'alterations' we've made to their bodies. They can life three times their body weight--which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark."

Dr. Halsey pondered this new data. "They should not be performing so well. Their must be unexplained synergistic effects brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?"

"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at twenty milliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head, then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations when their adrenaline is pumping."

"Any physiological or mental instabilities?"

"None. They work like no team I've ever seen before. Damn near telepathic, if you ask me. They were dropped in these caves yesterday, and I don't know where they got the black suits or the rope for that maneuver, but I can guarantee they haven't left this room. They improvise and improve and adapt."

"And," he added, "they like it. The tougher the challenge, the harder the fight...the better their morale becomes."

These are things John is capable of at 14 and he only got stronger and quicker as he got older and adjusted further. Then you add in 30-odd years of combat experience fighting the Insurrection, Covenant, Flood, and Renegade Forerunners.

All things considered, as tough as the Fetts may seem, John is just in an entirely different league. Their armor may be tougher, but it's not going to save them from a 6'10", 300lb fighting machine. He ain't just the Goddamn Master Chief. He's the freaking Reclaimer.

Loading Video...

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief all rounds, the Fett's are lacking in punching feats to put him down.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief has reaction times in excess of 300% of normal human (the difference is even more pronounced when in combat with adrenaline) due to increased mylineation, nerve diameter increases, and conductive coating. They have superhuman strength due to genetic and steroid treatments. Unbreakable bones. Even if the Spartans had NO fighting skill WHATSOEVER, they would completely annihilate the Fetts, what chance do they have of touching Chief? Imagine fighting against someone who is literally 3 times faster than you, it's pretty much impossible. Now imagine if that guy had insurmountable pain tolerance, the strength to kill you with a single punch, unbreakable bones, increased muscle density, and could never get tired. Even if you were Bruce Lee and this guy was some schmuck from the street, you're f*cking dead. Now imagine this guy wasn't some schmuck off the street, but had been training sine he was 7 years old and had been in h2h engagements with the deadliest living beings in the galaxy ever since.

Stomp match.

Well now, looks like someone is using their brain. :)

SpiderStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SpiderStupid

Also when Chief was unarmoed he was able to kick a marine wearing an exoskeleton so hard that it dented the armor and sent him flying 8 meters. The exoskeleton also allowed the marine to lift 2 tons and bumped up their speed and durability.

I think the Fetts are probably as skilled but the physical stats on Chief are ridiculous.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DwightSpitz

1. Master Chief

2. Master Chief

3. Stalemate (Everyone Dies)

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much fanboying in this thread... I'll get to why Chief doesn't come within spitting distance of stomping after work.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By tparks

@i_like_swords said:

So much fanboying in this thread... I'll get to why Chief doesn't come within spitting distance of stomping after work.

Sure, the Fetts will win pretty handily when you compare their feats with Chiefs, but this is Master Chief we're talking. Feats are for pansies, Chief wins because he's cool and popular. When are you going to learn bro?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for regnierofhexter
RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RegnierOfHexter

Chief impresses Boba and they go on to rule the galaxy.

i_like_swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Flawless logic. Chief 11/10.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief is loved waaaay too much on this site.