Arm Wrestling: Winter Soldier (MCU) vs Jessica Jones (MCU)

Avatar image for deactivated-64a6a0f766a79
deactivated-64a6a0f766a79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thoughts?

olajoe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica stomps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pizzagod342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

winter soldier EASY

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky isn't throwing anybody as far out into the ocean as Jessica did she stomps

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crushing Iron Man's hand > Anything Jessica or Luke has done

Arexi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter soldier easily

Avatar image for deactivated-63e67217679cb
deactivated-63e67217679cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was pretty clear that Jessica is stronger than someone like this

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Jessica lacks durability. Even if you argue her stronger than Bucky, all he has to do to win is squeeze her hand instead of overpower her.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

Strength and durability go hand in hand... without superhuman durability she would break her bones everytime she uses her superstrength, which we know is not the case..

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: ginger nerd with a 2x4 knocked her out. Cap or Bucky wouldn’t even get phased by that shit

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

Tbf, Bucky did that with his metal arm and civil war iron Man suit is weaker.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: even if mk 46 is as weak as real world titanium (it’s not, Iron Man helped KO Giant Man when tank busting missiles were doing nothing), it would be a 15-100 ton lifting strength feat 💀

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

You know that is a low showing which every character has. She took blows from Luke Cage and her own mother who is stronger than her and walked off getting hit by a food truck.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

The suit was damaged by slow falling cars when his previous suit nosold a tank gun and a high altitude fall immediately...

War machine didn't use tank busting missiles against him. None of the fighters were using deadly force even Clint's explosive arrow was not the same as the one he used against Loki...

Ant Man was not knocked out, he was knocked down and then shrank himself to normal size because he admitted that he couldn't maintain the size for long.

The punch was also greatly aided by their flight...

Jessica throwing that body is superior to any Bucky's feat

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

What does this even mean? Murakami is a skilled superhuman character so I don't understand your point..

Raven_godKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

The suit was damaged by slow falling cars when his previous suit nosold a tank gun and a high altitude fall immediately...

It was Wanda flinging those cars at him

War machine didn't use tank busting missiles against him. None of the fighters were using deadly force even Clint's explosive arrow was not the same as the one he used against Loki...

Non-lethal missiles?

Ant Man was not knocked out, he was knocked down and then shrank himself to normal size because he admitted that he couldn't maintain the size for long.

he was in clear pain. And he earlier no sold War Machine flying a car into his leg, an inferior War Machine suit was equal to the suit you mentioned earlier.

The punch was also greatly aided by their flight...

I was arguing durability. Regardless of flight, the suit has to be durable enough to withstand the impact.

Jessica throwing that body is superior to any Bucky's feat

Pretty sure NWName calced it as like 10 tons a while back. Even assuming Tony's suit is as durable as a car (steel), it would take 12 tons per square inch to crush his hand. Jessica's feat is showier, but Bucky's feat is much better.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: Murakami is obviously sub Super Soldier level in strength, As is Luke Cage, and Brainwashed Luke Cage was easily overpowering Jessica. Bucky is stronger than her, but as my main point was, Jessica isn’t that durable, she gets hurt by way less force than it takes to hurt a super soldier, and so, Bucky can just squeeze her hand until it breaks. Jessica, likely isn’t capable of doing that back, especially not against the cybernetic arm.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: in strength? Hell yeah. He never pulled down a helicopter or overpowered Ironman.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jessica stomps

she can throw bodies 100-300 feet with minimal effort when she’s actually going all out. bucky has never and will never showcase anything remotely on this level.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido said:

@kryptonianking88:

It was Wanda flinging those cars at him

My point exactly! They were all going easy on one another

Non-lethal missiles?

Who said it's non lethal? Certainly not me. Those 'missiles' were like grenade level not tank busting. Compare the explosions to iron Man blowing up that tank and tell me that they are the same thing..

he was in clear pain. And he earlier no sold War Machine flying a car into his leg, an inferior War Machine suit was equal to the suit you mentioned earlier.

They knocked him down and he smashed his head through an airplane so of course he will be in pain.

You initially said he was knocked out though... He also didn't nosell WM flying a car onto his leg since he buckled..

I was arguing durability. Regardless of flight, the suit has to be durable enough to withstand the impact.

So? I only mentioned his CW suit was weaker than his usual suit..

Pretty sure NWName calced it as like 10 tons a while back. Even assuming Tony's suit is as durable as a car (steel), it would take 12 tons per square inch to crush his hand. Jessica's feat is showier, but Bucky's feat is much better.

That's not how it works and Bucky didn't crush his hand just twist it and dented it a bit and the metal covering his hand is among the thinnest in the armor.

Bucky's feat isn't better at all... I'm pretty sure the figure for her throw is above 10tons

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

Pulling down a chopper is fodder compared to what Luke Cage has done (Luke stopped an SUV going 60mph without flinching) and Steve never overpowered Ironman. He could only damage iron Man with his vibranium shield..

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

My point exactly! They were all going easy on one another

You brought up the cars as if it was just them falling that hurt him, when in fact it was a morals on Wanda who managed to hurt him using cars. The latter's not an anti feat.

Who said it's non lethal? Certainly not me. Those 'missiles' were like grenade level not tank busting. Compare the explosions to iron Man blowing up that tank and tell me that they are the same thing..

The tank explosion was bigger because the tank also exploded

They knocked him down and he smashed his head through an airplane so of course he will be in pain.

You initially said he was knocked out though... He also didn't nosell WM flying a car onto his leg since he buckled..

He fell on his back.

It moved him when he was already off balance, but he didn't show any signs of pain from the hit.

So? I only mentioned his CW suit was weaker than his usual suit..

Our entire debate is based off the suit's durability. Him using flight to amp his attack has no bearing on his durability.

That's not how it works and Bucky didn't crush his hand just twist it and dented it a bit and the metal covering his hand is among the thinnest in the armor.

Bucky's feat isn't better at all... I'm pretty sure the figure for her throw is above 10tons

13 tons

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/strongest-mcu-character-who-would-fail-to-replicat-1935148/

He exceeded its compressive strength. Dent, crush, etc. No way around it. A single finger of his would've had to use as much force (lowballing Iron Man's armor to car level) as Jones' entire feat.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

You brought up the cars as if it was just them falling that hurt him, when in fact it was a morals on Wanda who managed to hurt him using cars. The latter's not an anti feat.

Compared to what his former suit endured it is an anti feat

The tank explosion was bigger because the tank also exploded

You actually need to show that both attacks scales...on a rewatch of the scene, WM shot Scott with his shoulder mounted machine gun not missiles

He fell on his back.

It moved him when he was already off balance, but he didn't show any signs of pain from the hit.

How would you know if he showed pain since we didn't see his face? He buckled when he was struck.

Our entire debate is based off the suit's durability. Him using flight to amp his attack has no bearing on his durability.

You admitted yourself that he was already off balance so what makes knocking him down impressive?

13 tons

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/strongest-mcu-character-who-would-fail-to-replicat-1935148/

He exceeded its compressive strength. Dent, crush, etc. No way around it. A single finger of his would've had to use as much force (lowballing Iron Man's armor to car level) as Jones' entire feat.

The thickness of the material is important though and like I said his palm is among the thinnest and lightest in the suit. I can snap and bend a stainless steel spoon does that make me a 10tonner?

Even nwname later admitted its a 40ton feat and Jessica actually has a feat when she punches through a car's bonnet so punching through a car is still better than slightly denting it...

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

Compared to what his former suit endured it is an anti feat

No, it's unquantifiable as a stand alone showing. It's Wanda hurling those cars so you can't lowball with visuals. And you can't scale to Wanda's full AP since she's holding back.

How would you know if he showed pain since we didn't see his face? He buckled when he was struck.

moving =/= hurting. Especially since Spider-Man already got him off balance and he wasn't expecting it

You actually need to show that both attacks scales...on a rewatch of the scene, WM shot Scott with his shoulder mounted machine gun not missiles

That's fair.

You admitted yourself that he was already off balance so what makes knocking him down impressive?

Because it hurt him "Does anyone have any orange slices?"

The thickness of the material is important though and like I said his palm is among the thinnest and lightest in the suit. I can snap and bend a stainless steel spoon does that make me a 10tonner?

It's not significantly weaker than any other part of the armor considering it tanked hurting Giant Man. To put it simply,

Bucky's grip strength > Iron Man ~ War Machine > weaker suit feats (tank shell, Iron Monger, etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YO-2Vwxd8

Later in the fight he digs into the chest piece.

Even nwname later admitted its a 40ton feat and Jessica actually has a feat when she punches through a car's bonnet so punching through a car is still better than slightly denting it...

Punching isn't lifting strength.

tsunamiwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jess is stronger but bucky stomps in a fight

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@edgelord91: this ain’t a fight tho so i feel like everyone mutually agrees on that. she’s not a fighter, she’s a detective.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido:

No, it's unquantifiable as a stand alone showing. It's Wanda hurling those cars so you can't lowball with visuals. And you can't scale to Wanda's full AP since she's holding back.

she was dropping the cars on him to trap him not injure him so yes we would go with visuals

moving =/= hurting. Especially since Spider-Man already got him off balance and he wasn't expecting it

you are the person who claimed he nosold the attack so you should go ahead and prove it

That's fair.

okay

Because it hurt him "Does anyone have any orange slices?"

Turning giant puts a strain on him and he literally states this onscreen beforehand and why are you acting like orange slice is a remedy for pain? we are having this conversation because you said he was knocked out when that's isn't true. I don't know what else you are trying to do

It's not significantly weaker than any other part of the armor considering it tanked hurting Giant Man. To put it simply,

I never said his armor was weaker around his palms just that its thinner compared to the rest of his armor. when did his palms tank an attack from giantman?

Bucky's grip strength > Iron Man ~ War Machine > weaker suit feats (tank shell, Iron Monger, etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YO-2Vwxd8

That scaling would be correct if every of his suits scales which isn't the case

Later in the fight he digs into the chest piece.

Impressive feat i admit but that was maximum effort and he had to continuously apply force over several seconds still i don't think its better than jessica punching through a car's bonnet in one try

Punching isn't lifting strength.

what does this have to do with anything? only his metal arm can possibly compete with jessica in strength. Jessica is stronger than mcu supersoldiers and she's winning in an arm wrestle against any of them

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the robot arm Bucky stomps

With his normal one it get a bit more debatable. But Bucky still wins via scaling to Caps helicopter and Helicarrier beam feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky barnes due to scaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IloveParis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With his normal one it get a bit more debatable. But Bucky still wins via scaling to Caps helicopter and Helicarrier beam feats.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica should win against Bucky’s regular arm, but Bucky should win with the metal arm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365 said:

KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica is stronger.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JaylinFreeman

Jess can win against his normal one, but she loses against the metal one.