Arm Wrestle - Superman (DCEU) vs Thor (MCU)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't see Superman moving those rings like Thor did.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman wins.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: are you implying that superman will use super speed for, arm wrestling...?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BladeOfFury  Online

Statues can’t arm-wrestle

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By imsososorry

@bladeoffury: cant tell of your joking or not but what does speed have to do with strength other than striking power

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Hemsworth is stronger than Henry cavel and thor is stronger than superman

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps though Hensworth is more ripped than Cavill

Avatar image for paladinsisthebe
Paladinsisthebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor breaks his arm off.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: are you implying that superman will use super speed for, arm wrestling...?

What do you think happens when the person who is officiating gives the go ahead.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor never moved the rings to begin with, it was Rocket's ship which Thor held in place. The gravity there was multiple times weaker than earth's as well evident by Thor using multiple seconds to land from 20ft.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shinne

@imsososorry: Actually, you blitz people in an arm wrestling contest lol

Timing is important.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder: thor had to hold on to the rope with his hands and keep his feet in front of him. He may have not pulled it but he still exerted the force to be able to

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder: even if it was 10% of earth's gravity it is still millions of pounds at minimum.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't see Superman moving those rings like Thor did.

COOLGUY18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning on spues

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RBT  Online

Supes by far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statues can't fight back.
Statues can't fight back.

OT: Probably Superman. I gotta admit, i got a testosterone boost from just looking at them.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Emanresu_20

@worldofthunder:

He had to hold on to rockets ship which was exerting enough force to move the ring...

To compare feats on screw we see Supers struggling a little bit pulling a cargo which weights around 200,000 tons. It they were to guess the rings if they were on Earth would weigh around the same.

Superman didn’t seem to be struggling as much as Thor so maybe him.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes by far.

KyleBroflovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deltahuman

If people want to believe that Thor can lift weight worth several quadrillion tonnes, since the gravity around a neutron star is approximately 200 billion times that of Earth then Thor blows Superman's best 'ON SCREEN' strength feat out of the park.

However If you consider that feat an outlier because it's inconsistent and not very quantifiable (Thor having no other strength feat that's even 0.001% of that and other inconsistencies like Rocket and his ship being able to survive that gravity) then Superman rips Thor's arm off with some much better, more quantifiable and much more consistent strength feats.

Without taking into account Superman's off screen feats like shifting tectonic plates (makes his strength at least at a sextillion tonnes which is the average weight of a tectonic plate), which again is several magnitudes better than Thor's feat at the Neutron Star, Superman has consistently been shown to be able to effortlessly lift weight of several thousand tonnes (his best quantifiable and consistent strength feat so far is lifting an approximately 8000 ton building and flying with it). Thor doesn't have consistency on his side.

So what I'm basically trying to say is,

By of screen feats, Superman >>>>>>> Thor (shifting tectonic plates)

By on screen but inconsistent and unquantifiable feats, Thor >>>>>>> Superman (Neutron Star Feat)

By on screen, consistent and quantifiable feats, Superman >>>>>> Thor (lifting skyscraper feat)

So basically depends upon what you'd like to believe. I'd choose consistency anyday so for me, Superman >>>>> Thor.

I hope that was helpful

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Emanresu_20

@deltahuman:

If this is basically Thor’s only strength/lifting/pulling feat how is it an outlier?

Anyway the gravity of the Netronstar is obviously not a factor here and it’s being harnessed or negated by the machine it’s trapped in.

However even without the gravity it’s still better than any of Supes on screen feats. It is an object with a mass and is being accesrated by a force.

I’d also like to point out the visual heads of the scene said the Rings were about the size of a small moon.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman solos.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deltahuman

@emanresu_20:

I can't decide for you whether you wanna believe if it's an outlier or not. If you think Thor can move a quadrillion tonnes, go ahead. Nobody is stopping you.

What I wrote at the end is my opinion. I consider it to be an outlier because I don't believe Thor can move a quadrillion tonnes. Neither do I believe that Superman can shift a tectonic plate. What you believe is up to you. I never forced my opinion on anyone. I just listed their best strength feats, both on and off screen.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emanresu_20: because reason and DCEU fanboy logic. I mean someone once told me Thor’s only heat resistance feat is an outlier even after defining it for him with examples.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman:

I mean it’s probably more in the billion/hundred million ton range but not Quadrillion. As I said the gravity of a Netron Star is obviously not a factor here. However there is no possible way you can move those rings without exerting at the bare minimum a couple million tons of force.

If it’s your opinion then fine.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deltahuman

@emanresu_20:

Why would the gravity not be a factor. Only Gravity decides weight of an object

If gravity is a non factor then the rings had no weight.

But like I said, you're free to believe whatever you want. I don't get paid to convince anyone.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz:

That’s honeslty the beauty of Thor not having many feats like that. He has no low end feats which could debunk this as an outlier.

the_magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz: @emanresu_20:He does have miscellaneous feats like hurling cars and people, but they're done so casually that they don't contradict the Nidavellir forge feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor easily, unless Superman has any feats in the million ton range I am forgetting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: He did put a lot of effort when holding Hulks arm.

Loading Video...

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman:

The gravity and mass of an object determine weight. However you do not require gravity to calculate Force. Technically yes the rings are weightless in space. However the equation for force is

Force= mass x acceleration.

Then There is this, Method VFX supervisor Greg Steele of Infinity War, the Rings were about as large as a small moon.

https://www.awn.com/vfxworld/how-method-studios-crafted-rocket-20-avengers-infinity-war

the_magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: That was then before his power ups he's much stronger now anyway

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deltahuman

@emanresu_20:

When you lift an object in an environment with gravity, work is done not just against the mass, it's against the weight of the object.

And it gets even more ridiculous if the rings had mass equal to the moon. Multiply the mass of moon by 200 billion times the value of 'g' and that's the amount of weight Thor lifted.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: an object doesn’t always have weight but mass is still a thing so yes weight is a non factor

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has two major lifting feats (holding the iris open and moving the rings), everything else he has done with ease. Calling it inconsistent doesn't make sense.

OT: Thor currently has the far better strength feat, so he wins here. Wouldn't be surprised if Clark gets something in the same tier in his next appearance though.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: an object doesn’t always have weight but mass is still a thing so yes weight is a non factor

No Caption Provided

You deserve a Nobel Prize for that.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Amcu

@tonymartial said:

@the_magister: He did put a lot of effort when holding Hulks arm.

Loading Video...
@the_magister said:

@tonymartial: That's true.

A tie in comic showed that Thor was weakened when he arrived on earth. Some people argue that he was still weakened throughout all of Avengers 1. Which would explain why he was given a noise bleed by one punch from the Hulk yet could withstand a beat down in Ragnarok without a scratch on his face.

Even still it seems clear to me that current Thor is portrayed at a higher level than he ever was in previous films. in IW he was just operating on another level throughout the whole movie. He was also given a power-up in Ragnarok and it's not totally clear if that extended to just lightning or everything(technically IIRC the script said that when he went into lightning mode his muscles where swollen if that means anything). I don't think he's stronger than Hulk(who doesn't actually have any clear cut levels on his current strength) but I also don't think the ring feat is an outlier.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

TBH, A lot of people here deserve Nobel Prizes just for Trying.

Avatar image for paladinsisthebe
Paladinsisthebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people want to believe that Thor can lift weight worth several quadrillion tonnes, since the gravity around a neutron star is approximately 200 billion times that of Earth then Thor blows Superman's best 'ON SCREEN' strength feat out of the park.

However If you consider that feat an outlier because it's inconsistent and not very quantifiable (Thor having no other strength feat that's even 0.001% of that and other inconsistencies like Rocket and his ship being able to survive that gravity) then Superman rips Thor's arm off with some much better, more quantifiable and much more consistent strength feats.

Without taking into account Superman's off screen feats like shifting tectonic plates (makes his strength at least at a sextillion tonnes which is the average weight of a tectonic plate), which again is several magnitudes better than Thor's feat at the Neutron Star, Superman has consistently been shown to be able to effortlessly lift weight of several thousand tonnes (his best quantifiable and consistent strength feat so far is lifting an approximately 8000 ton building and flying with it). Thor doesn't have consistency on his side.

So what I'm basically trying to say is,

By of screen feats, Superman >>>>>>> Thor (shifting tectonic plates)

By on screen but inconsistent and unquantifiable feats, Thor >>>>>>> Superman (Neutron Star Feat)

By on screen, consistent and quantifiable feats, Superman >>>>>> Thor (lifting skyscraper feat)

So basically depends upon what you'd like to believe. I'd choose consistency anyday so for me, Superman >>>>> Thor.

I hope that was helpful

Nothing contradicts Thor's feat during Infinity War, and it's clear that he got another power-boost.

1. Taking the full force of a Neutron Star (as obscure as it sounds) while weighing 200 billion times more and moving the large metal structure around him is far more impressive than shifting a tectonic plate. There's just no other way to look at it.

But it doesn't matter. We can consider both feats outliers (because they really are) and Thor still has more impressive strength feats. In Infinity War, he has strength enough to activate a solar forge and maintain his footing despite being bombarded by the full force of a Neutron Star, which was pouring 200 million trillion joules of energy toward him. Superman has nothing even close to that level of strength. And yes, this amount of energy if quantifiable because that is how much energy a Neutron star emits. So even if you attempt to condescend Thor's best onscreen and quantifiable feat, it doesn't really matter, because he still comes out on top. What I'm trying to say is:

1. Thor (Best onscreen feat) > Superman (Best offscreen feat)

If Superman needs an outlier and offscreen feat just to attempt to contend with Thor, then he never really compared to him in the first place. At the end of the day, Thor is stronger.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Emanresu_20

@deltahuman:

Mass is always constant. My point still stands and you cannot change physics. Force= mass times acceleration. Weight does not need to factor into this.

Weight is the mass of the object multiplied by the gravity (which is the acceleration 9.8 m/s^2). If you are pulling against something and it moves that means you are pulling it with a greater Force. The statment you just made proves the equation.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deltahuman

@paladinsisthebe:

1) By the off screen feat, Superman has shifted weight that's magnitudes greater than Thor because even if you take the average weight of a tectonic plate, it is 40 sextillion tonnes.

It isn't of my concern though because, I consider both Superman's tectonic plate feat and Thor lifting the rings, an outlier.

2) If you wanna debate energy durability then Superman has something better with that 300 decibel sonic canon feat. A 300 decibel sound wave has the same amount of energy as the Karakatoa volcanic eruption. That volcano had energy equal to thousands of nuclear bombs being detonated together. And Superman absolutely no sold it. He had slight discomfort from the sonic canon and then proceeded to walk it off. That's better than Thor being burnt to the brink of death due to the Neutron Star energy, which is yet to be calculated with accuracy by anybody.

So you see, what you're suggesting isn't necessarily true since The 300 db sonic canon wasn't off screen. It was on screen and movie trivia specifically mentioned it to be 300 decibels.

In terms of strength, my opinion remains unchanged. Since I consider both the tectonic plate feat and the Forge ring feat, outliers, For me, Superman has the best and highest consistent and quantifiable showings in terms of strength.

You are however, like I've mentioned earlier, free to believe whatever you want to. Also I hope you're not an Alt account of some troll here. I'm sorry if you're not. It's just that your post count is too low and there are a lot of alts spewing venom here. You can't expect me to not take precautions.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Emanresu_20

@deltahuman:

I hope you realize the roof beneath Superman’s feet were still intact right?

How is Thor’s feat an outlier again dude? It’s his only real strength feat.