Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Ares vs Sentry - rematch (8 votes)

Ares 25%
Sentry 75%

It has recently been revealed that the Marvel version of Ares isn’t really trash like many people generally make of him and is in fact closer to his DC version than one may have thought of before. Ares is both an elder god and a concept of war itself just as it was heavily implied if not outright stated in the X-Man fight, where he was able to walk through every trick X-Man had, casually fought him in Planck’s Time and was prophesied to even beat him by the stars themselves.

No Caption Provided

All of his low showings and the career of a pushover and a midtier in the past were simply the symptoms of his self-imposed complications of denying his nature and reality of his role in the universe. His role is wage wars and thrive off them not to fight among The Avengers to preserve peace. Doing so made him weak and, as per his own word, fundamentally “unhealthy“. Now he finally succumbed to his true self and became The God of War once again.

His feats are as follow:

Beating up Beta Ray Bill empowered by The Twilight Sword, making the remnants of Malekith’s army and even the likes of Dreamqueen, Nightmare’s bastard daughter, and Tyr his loyal subordinates, and feeding off of dead enemy soldiers in a war.

He also took an arrow infused the element called Promethium and made of the molten Ultimate Mjolnir’s substance, which, in the form of a sword, could cut the chain binding their warship which Thor’s lightning charged Mjolnir slam couldn’t break. The sword also didn’t kill Sy’m, Limbo’s most powerful demon, although it was implied to be possible and may have even done so if it wasn’t for Jane being merciful towards her enemies.

Pretty good feats overall.

If this Ares replaced himself in a younger and weaker phase in the Siege of Asgard and had to confront The Sentry how would the fight have gone? I think Sentry can still rip him apart if he wants to because he was above the power of the Norn Stones that Loki used to empower the Avengers based on IMAGINATIONS, but it would still be a lot closer than it was last time. What do you think?

• 
Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Alphamon

Eh, this is pretty good but even then ares still has some low ends even when giving into his nature like losing to herc even while amped or being slapped around by a bloodlusted Thor or getting straight up stomped by hulk

AbbottforPres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured I didn’t post this image to prove that Bill had The Twilight Sword when he fought Ares, for those who didn’t read the book and are wondering.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for mightythorodinson
MightyThorOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jane foster version ares would be great match.

he even fought agains king thor.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for galanakagalactus1212
GalanAKAGalactus1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I don't buy a single bit of it. If Ares is an Elder God then he is an embarrassment to the title. Any other major Elder God in Marvel one shots Ares without even trying. Facing Beya Ray Bill and Nate doesn't put you on Elder God level

Avatar image for galanakagalactus1212
GalanAKAGalactus1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightythorodinson: Jane Foster Ares? WTF? How is that even a thing and not bad fan fiction? No wonder nobody wants to read comics anymore

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rajjarsalt

Ares is not trash, he's better than his DC counterpart who is a Wonder Woman rogue (lol), and he fought Void and managed to slice him open, and his Sentry+ level intent comes at the beginning of his draft into the Avengers.

But Beating jobber Bill happened while he was amped on Asgardian deaths. And while that excuse in Punisher does stand, Hercules and Thor still have grounds for one-shotting him due to the extraordinary nature of their feats (Hercules one-shotting a barrier made by Zeus as well/Thor three-shotting Ares with the power of Pluto which made him three times more powerful)

But he does have good feats, like cutting Mikaboshi and creating/destroying a continent

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn’t this version of Ares recently fight Beast powered Punisher? I don’t see how the likes of Thor or Sentry don’t still smash him

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel ares isn't close to DC Ares who has waged war across the DC pantheon of gods, nearly destroyed the earth, killed high father, oneshot Hercules, nearly killed Wonder woman, etc DC Ares won't be killed by the likes of sentry.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I'm aware of Thor three shotting him, but what barrier feat are you talking about?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rajjarsalt
@leesensei said:

@rajjarsalt: I'm aware of Thor three shotting him, but what barrier feat are you talking about?

No Caption Provided

Ares is seen getting up, brushing himself off at the end of story

No Caption Provided

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a former fan of Sentry ... The way Marvel been treating the character these recent years maybe even the freaking Thing has a chance against him. My vote? Ares. *shrugs*

onsipin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry