• 124 results
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Logic Mark III

I was talking about shrapnel being thrown by the force of an explosion and spiky drones that swamped him inside Ultron. Yes turning yourself into a giant missile and shooting your enemies on the way down then using the surprise to fight your way from in the middle of their ranks is skilled, your point is Gambler? He did use staffs as well and achieved a pretty much standard head smooshing as Midnighter would, so are you saying Midnighter isnt skilled now?

Your clutching at straws man. He has survived things with small projectiles and sharp edges as shown in the scans. He can take a heck of a lot of blunt force trauma and has a Wolverine style healing factor. He is fast enough to pluck missiles out of the air and has a skill rating of 7 for fighting and has shown his masterful tactics and fighting skills when it comes to battle. This is just like Bizzaro Galdiator you are picking on some tedious thing that doesnt help your case in the long run. Forget bullets and Shuriken being affective, think around it  and tell us what he does if they arent.

TGC Gambler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By TGC Gambler

Lmao, you two crack me up. The whole point of battle threads is to debate yes? Maybe your opinions or posts would hold more weight if you weren't constantly so up tight and throwing insults around. Its all good people, their just fictional characters.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Ace High

Could you show me where I insulted someone? All I see is me stating a fact, which you ignored and then you started making stuff up, about Ares not knowing every style or why he would not be able to catch or deflect the shurikens. I do know they are fictional characters, but is providing facts in a debate not the whole point of these battle threads yes? I only get up tight when people patronise me. Like I don't know these are fictional characters. Do you disagree that Ares wouldn't be able to dodge/deflect/catch shuriken if he can catch a speeding missile out of the air?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#104  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm finding it hard to care anymore.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Buckshot said:
"I'm finding it hard to care anymore.
"
LOL.
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Ace High

Thats fine. As per usual none of us are gonna change our minds. So might as well just drop it here.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

What does Super Asian Tough mean?

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Ace High

You know the bad guys from the first book of Authority? The soldiers of Kaizen Gamorra? Well we dubbed them super asians, cause they are super people from Asia :P Not exceptionally politcally correct but I suppose it does the trick.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#109  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Oh, I'll change my mind as soon as you show me a bullet bouncing of Ares' skin or where in the handbook it says blades have to be magical, but I really just don't feel like debating the same thing anymore.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Ace High said:
"You know the bad guys from the first book of Authority? The soldiers of Kaizen Gamorra? Well we dubbed them super asians, cause they are super people from Asia :P Not exceptionally politcally correct but I suppose it does the trick.
"
I'm not asian but i'm offended =(
Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Ace High

LOL! Sorry Vance :P a) Midnighter doesn't have a gun, b) Midnighter doesn't have his swords and c) he can dodge/parry/catch the shurikens.

TGC Gambler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By TGC Gambler
Logic Mark III said:

[Buckshot/Gambler is there anything you can do about images coming up in the right numerical order?]
Load them in reverse order. Say you have 3 scans you want to show in order, load the last scan first and so on.
Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Rdeegvainl

Bullet-An object resembling a projectile in shape, action, or effect.
His teeth would then be a bullet.
Shuriken-a weapon in the form of a star with projecting blades or points, used as a missile in some martial arts.

There we go, Midnighter had bullets and blades.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Logic Mark III

Cheers for that Gambler, im gonna do that from now on, but is thee no technical thingy maging you guys can do so i can just be lazy?

I meant no offense to any Asians [im quite racist it wouldnt have been as subtle as that if i wanted to offend trust me]. I didnt know they were called Super Asians i just read it here and used that to refer to them.

I dont see why we have to show Ares with bullets bouncing off of him. Be persnickity if you want but i think its pretty weighted in the 'he is bullet proof NOW' column [is that the right spelling? Its just slipped my mind all of a sudden!]. Even if he isnt, his healing factor is remarkable and he has good enough reflexes to dodge shurikens and these machine gun teeth that Midnighter is shooting out every single issue. But he does seem to be bullet proof.

@Rdeegvainl: With your definition of a bullet is not a missile then a bullet? It does resemble a bullet, it is fired at enemies like bullets, and whilst its main objective is to explode it can have penetrative warheads, to increase destruction. So if he survives a missile impact without it penetrating him, he is bullet proof yes?

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Rdeegvainl

was he hit with a warhead designed to penetrate, or was it the explode on impact kind?

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Logic Mark III

Cant really say. Could be either. He is either too tough to penetrate then it explodes or it just blows up on him. Your definition seems to suggest it only resemble one of the characteristics; it at least has one. What about shrapnel using your criteria?

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Rdeegvainl

Im saying that if a tooth is able to be shot through concrete, then it is just as much a bullet as a bullet is. Being shot from a gun does not magically mean it can pierce the skin, it is the force behind it. Shrapnel is random, can you show it hitting him and not penetrating?

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Logic Mark III

So force is what makes a bullet effective then? How would a bullet compare to a missile then? Which has the bigger output of force on a body? As to the shrapnel i cant show it, it was just a clever observation that an exploding aircraft would send shrapnel all around propelled with explosive force and 1. Ares didnt seem at all concerned about this [which he probably would be if he wasnt proofed against projectiles] 2. He didnt have a scratch on him and was jumping at his enemies with glee.

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Rdeegvainl

the force of the missile would
1 be more spread out
2 turned into blunt force by the relative size of the target (ares is not big enough for it to have a piercing effect.

Shrapnel is random, can you show any shrapnel hitting ares then not penetrating?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Apparition
Logic Mark III said:
"So force is what makes a bullet effective then? How would a bullet compare to a missile then? Which has the bigger output of force on a body? As to the shrapnel i cant show it, it was just a clever observation that an exploding aircraft would send shrapnel all around propelled with explosive force and 1. Ares didnt seem at all concerned about this [which he probably would be if he wasnt proofed against projectiles] 2. He didnt have a scratch on him and was jumping at his enemies with glee."

youre basing too much on one high showing.  so he survived one explosion without being worried.  that rewrites the character's powers?
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Logic Mark III

One? what? Thunderbolts, MANY fights with Thor and Heracles, 4 missiles in one comic, kamikaze death plane survival, WWH punch. I think its safe to assume he has been shown to be very durable over a course of books.

I would think that all of the above mentioned hit with more force than a handgun. I could also say that the being shot thing is one showing.

I really dont see why he couldnt have had a power boost. The Hulk got one, Superman always gets one, Quicksilver got one. We dont bring up how they were to refute how they are after a boost.

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Rdeegvainl

you are still ignoring the difference between crushing force, and piercing force.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Apparition
Logic Mark III said:
"One? what? Thunderbolts, MANY fights with Thor and Heracles, 4 missiles in one comic, kamikaze death plane survival, WWH punch. I think its safe to assume he has been shown to be very durable over a course of books.

I would think that all of the above mentioned hit with more force than a handgun. I could also say that the being shot thing is one showing.

I really dont see why he couldnt have had a power boost. The Hulk got one, Superman always gets one, Quicksilver got one. We dont bring up how they were to refute how they are after a boost."

omg everyone survives fights with other characters.  superman beat batman near to death using his full strength, hulk has actually hit spiderman and spidey didnt die.  does that mean both of them are bulletproof too?  if he had a power boost then the handbooks wouldnt still list him as being able to be pierced by bullets...  but i can look at the handbooks and see superman and quicksilver and others who have power boosts.  you just have to accept it.  he can take hits from mjolnir but bullets will pierce his skin.  that's the way the character's written!
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Logic Mark III

Well it did say he was a 6 for durability which is above bullet proof, they mentioned he can heal from wounds quickly LIKE those recieved from bullets and blades which im thinking they had to put in to acknowledge the one time that he was harmed by bullets, as i said before durability level 4 is regenerative would have been easy to put him in that catagory if thats all he was.
Being hit by heavy hitters shows the durability of his bones, basically Midnighters punches wont do didly if Hercs dont break his bones or part his flesh.