#1 Posted by TonyMartial (9330 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No time stone and this takes place Avengers were fighting Maw/Cull.

#2 Posted by DeadeyeDuncann (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know a huge amount about Ares so don't take my word with conviction but I'd say strange and iron man aren't at a huge disadvantage. Although am I wrong in assuming that because this takes place before the fight with Thanos, stranger's feats from that are out ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
#3 Posted by deactivated-5c607e387a408 (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how they hurt him

#4 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares rips their limbs off

#5 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange freezes him in time Tony stabs him.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#6 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares should win. I hate it how they use Greek gods in comics and movies, and then downplay them so badddd. Its an insult to me, for the fact that I've studied everything about greek mythology for years and because i care about Greek Mythology

#7 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange sends him to the falling dimsnion

#8 Posted by modernww2fare (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares should win. I hate it how they use Greek gods in comics and movies, and then downplay them so badddd. Its an insult to me, for the fact that I've studied everything about greek mythology for years and because i care about Greek Mythology

Hopefully Shazam! can redeem them

#9 Posted by Laurus (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange solos.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#10 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange can solo via BFR.

#11 Posted by lgh0stl (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange ditch him to the mirror dimension.

#12 Edited by ComicGirl21 (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares.

Pyrokinesis is a direct counter to Iron man. Just see his extremis fights. He has no way of defending against it.

Telekinesis is a direct counter to Doctor Strange. Just see his Ebony Maw fight. He has no way of defending against it.

#13 Posted by ComicGirl21 (1121 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Airgetlam (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Team for the win, 9/10. Ares lightning won't hurt Stark, he's absorbed Thor's before. Stark also tanked a part of a moon being dropped on him, which Ares can't really replicate.

#15 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicgirl21: He can't really teleport from an infinite loop.

#16 Posted by YOA_501 (685 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares

#17 Edited by AngelJax (11659 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange & Stark

#18 Posted by DammeFavour (8339 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares easy. Ragdolls strange a couple of times with tk killing him. Then just basically destroys tony

#19 Posted by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: If Ares has put him in an infinite loop Ares still is somewhere. Logically he should be able to come back if he knows where he wants to go.

Not sure how they hurt Ares.

Meanwhile he can just crush Strange like a toy.

Maw didn't because he needed the stone first.

Iron Man can evade Ares' TK for some time but I don't think he can put Ares down while Ares eventually will realize to crush Tony inside his armor.

Ares wins.

#20 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Feat of Ares teleporting from another dimension?

#21 Posted by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: We don't even know what Strange did to Loki. He should be able to come back fine.

And too bad Strange didn't use that move against guys with TK.

#22 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Again, I'm asking for feats of Ares teleporting from another dimension, if you don't have any, then he will get BFR'd.

#23 Posted by Supermanthor (18992 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#24 Edited by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: Again, we don't even know what Strange did to Loki. We don't know where he was. What do you mean by another dimension? He was still somewhere physical so Ares shouldn't have any issues coming back from that.

And Strange has not used that again anywhere after than. Not against Maw whose TK is inferior to Ares'.

Ares would crush him like a can.

#25 Edited by ANTHP2000 (26971 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange can take this.

#26 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: What do you mean lol? it was obviously another dimension. Where else would you be stuck in a loop??

Doesn't matter, he teleports him in a loop which Ares cannot get out of.

#27 Posted by ComicGirl21 (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: Ares can blitz Strange before he can cast a single spell anyway so GG. He will restrain his hands with TK just like Maw did.

#28 Posted by Bayman007 (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares gets my vote using Thermokinesis, Telekinesis and mind/weather control. Strange is the teams best hope, but i cant see Ares being BFRd with his feats.

#29 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst:

Yeah no please explain to me the concept of a different dimension to begin with.

And no he doesn't use it so not only does it matter a lot it also means Ares will crush Strange's skull and then launch him into space for fun.

#31 Posted by Tedirey (2644 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares

#32 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: You can read about it here.

He has used it before therefore he can use it again.

#33 Edited by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: I know what a dimension is but a three dimensional being cannot live in other dimensions. If you add or subtract a dimension he does Loki live in it?

Can you survive on a plane? In a 2D or 1D world? No you cannot so how does he transcend dimensions?

If we go by your definition, i.e the defenition of dimension of the article Loki was still falling in the same dimension and Ares doesn't have to transcend anything because he never left the dimension he was in.

#34 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: It's fiction lol.

A dimension in movies/fiction could mean another actuality or just another plane of space-time. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same as real world physics. The same way countless 3d characters have travelled to and from the 5th dimension in DC.

You asked me what the term "definition" meant, you didn't ask me for MY definition of it. In fiction or comics, it doesn't necessarily follow the etiquettes of real world physics and whatnot, dimension is just another word for a layer space-time, Ares has 0 feats to suggest he can teleport out of one.

#35 Edited by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: You were the one that sent me the article. Now you're saying the article isn't accurate.

I already knew what was in the article.

And because we have never seen anything more than 3D in fiction yet there is no reason for us to say that Strange sent him to a new dimension.

But it doesn't matter anyways since Strange doesn't use that in battle so he's still dying because while Maw a guy with inferior TK to Ares beat Strange with ease while mot wanting to kill him Ares will stomp Strange.

#36 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Yes, thats what dimension means lol, but of course, that cannot be applied to fiction.

Okay.

Except Marvel has infinite dimensions and a Multiverse as explained in Strange's solo movie and we've clearly seen Sorcerers draw power from other dimensions and even go into those dimensions.

He doesn't have to use it in battle to suggest he can do it. It's an ability Strange has acquired and its well within his bounds and morals to use it therefore there's absolutely no reason to believe he wont use it here.

Maw only stomped him because he tried to activate his time stone, which he doesn't have here.

#37 Edited by Richard96 (5745 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange is a glass cannon and Tony isn’t soloing. Ares takes this.

#38 Posted by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst: Maw was beating him before he was using his time stone and the fact that he had to resort to the stone means he was desperate to win.

He was getting stomped.

And those dimensions are nothing like the dimensions you're talking about and jab enotjing special about them

The Dark dimension is basically a universe and nothing more which Dormammu is the god of.

Nothing to suggest people cannot teleport in the dimension since its basically the same thing.

#39 Posted by thanosii (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: A dimension in MCU is another reality there are about 4 examples I can give you off the top of my head e.g

1 Mirror Dimension - Wizards and Strange go to Dimension. He used it against Thanos, while trainibg and in his fight against Kaelicious.

2. Dark Dimension - The dimension of Dormammu a place with no light or time

3. Darkhold Dimension - shown in AoS and current home of Ghost rider

4. Micro Verse currently well Ant man is trapped

Can you provided any evidence at all Ares can teleport from these

#40 Posted by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii: Mirror dimension is the only dimension I can think of you cannot escape from.

Every other dimension is called a dimension when it's just another place in the universe.

And the micro verse isn't a dimension. You are basically in it all the time we cannot see it because we're too small.

#41 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: No he wasn't, they barely even fought lol.

Nope, they only fought for like 30 seconds. Please do enlighten me, in what sense was he getting stomped? the only reason he got stomped was because he tried to resort to using the timestone.

What are you on about? a dimension in fiction is a plane/layer of space-time seperate from ours, I really think you're uninformed. Strange was getting blasted through multiple dimensions in his astral form in his solo movie, if those aren't dimensions then please do tell me what they are.

Yes, thanks, you literally just proved my point. That's another way of saying it's a plane/layer of space-time seperate from ours.

It's really not. Dimensional teleportation and teleporting a couple of metres is completely different, you're extremely uninformed.

#42 Posted by thanosii (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: they are all realities within the MCU did you watch AoS or Dr Strange. The Ancient one clearly states they are countless dimensions.

Either way do you have any evidence Ares can teleport back from another dimension or reality? Because teleport around a building is very different than teleporting through dimensions

#43 Posted by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii:

I'm not even saying that there aren't different dimensions in the universe I'm saying that scientifically speaking you cannot transcend dimensions and clearly in the movies all the dimensions are actually in 3 dimensions. They're called dimensions because they have some other properties. But these dimensions are not of the type where you cannot teleport. They're still a lot like the normal world.

Another thing I'm saying is that there isn't any evidence to say Loki was in a different dimension and there is nothing to say teleportation isn't possible wherever he was.

@rampagethefirst: Strange was taught in his movie that he shouldn't use the time stone in his universe because it could have consequences.

He isn't gonna be using it unless he's desperate. He was losing mad it was pretty clear he was.

I'd like to see him teleporting someone in the places he went around in his astral form. Nothing is there to suggest he can do the same since Ancient One has been around for a lot longer than Strange and is much better. Just because she sent Strange somewhere in his Astral Form doesn't mean Strange can send someone's physical form there.

#44 Edited by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Dimensional teleportation is still COMPLETELY different from teleporting in a mere building and as I said, a dimension means another layer/plane of existence, you really need to read my posts carefully, even if they are 3d in nature, it's still a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT plane of existence, Ares has absolutely no business here, he gets BFR'd until you can start showing me scans of him teleporting from other dimensions.

Where else would he be? he was literally stuck in an infinite loop, he was in a dimension where he was falling for 30 minutes straight and unless Ares has shown feats to teleport from other dimensions, there's absolutely no reason to believe he can. It's like saying, Thanos can counter telepaths because he has faced Empaths.

Lol so? and that was only because he was up against Dormammu, are you implying that Ebony Maw was as powerful as Dormammu so he had to use his timestone? whatever, Strange could've easily won if it wasn't for PIS, the good thing is, this isn't a movie and it's well within his moral bounds to do something like BFR.

He only battled him for less than 20 seconds...how was he losing?

He literally trapped Loki in a dimension where he was stuck in an infinite loop for 30 minutes, I highly doubt you've seen any of the movies, judging by how uninformed you are.

#45 Posted by mrmonster (15184 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange solos

#46 Posted by Richubs (4231 posts) - - Show Bio

@rampagethefirst:

Soooo the concept that a dimension is another plane of existence applies on these dimensions even if they're 3D and they just follow this one rule of dimensions from actual science ? Clearly that isn't true given how dark dimension was.

And no no move Strange did could actually do anything to Maw. And just calling it PIS is denying what was happening on screen.

Strange had no answer to TK and if he's going against someone like Ares who has no reason to keep him alive he'd lose in less than a second.

And again, Strange wasn't fighting Maw for just 20 seconds. We only saw 20 seconds of the fight he was fighting him for a few minutes and still lost.

He ain't winning against Ares unless he uses the time stone which he doesn't have here.

#47 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange can BFR Ares. As for Iron man, he can occupy the weaksauce god with repulsor blasts and whatnot.

#48 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs:

Soooo the concept that a dimension is another plane of existence applies on these dimensions even if they're 3D and they just follow this one rule of dimensions from actual science ? Clearly that isn't true given how dark dimension was.

Dark Dimension is a Universe in the Multiverse, if you didn't know, writers often refer to Universes as Dimensions, actualities, realities and so on. I don't even know what you're trying to get at with this, Loki was clearly in a dimension where he was trapped in an infinite loop, where else and how else would he be falling? come on, use your brain and actually think about it.

And no no move Strange did could actually do anything to Maw.

Okay, this is where you're wrong.

1. He could've BFR'ed him and fled with his friends but he didn't because of PIS, it's well within his morals to do so.
  2. He could've activated his time stone a bit earlier.
  3. He could've trapped Maw in the mirror dimension.

The list goes on. There were multiple methods at his disposal where he could've won without even taking too much heat or getting captured.

A character fights to the best of his abilities and uses his versatility in a battle on CV, read the rules if you haven't already, Strange didn't use his versatility in that fight nor did he fight to the best of his abilities.

And just calling it PIS is denying what was happening on screen.

How? that's absolutely wrong.

You're saying that Strange failing to use his versatility and fighting to the best of his abilities is not PIS?

Again, people wouldn't bring in Surfers cosmic awareness in every thread since he has failed to use it in almost 99% of his battles or his matter manipulation but they still do since it's one of his abilities and he could have won most of his fights if he used it but he didn't.

The point I'm trying to make is, Strange could've easily ended that battle and escaped with his friends if he wanted to or had he used his versatility the way he should have. It was clearly a PIS fight and Maw wasn't beating him at all, he was completely unaffected by Maw's TK attacks.

Strange had no answer to TK and if he's going against someone like Ares who has no reason to keep him alive he'd lose in less than a second.

Strange has an answer to TK, that being his overwhelming versatility.

Nobody in the DCEU has an answer to Strange's versatility.

I also gotta love your double standards here, you're nitpicking on Strange not using his versatility but at the same time making a case for Ares blitz TK'ing him, he totally did that to Diana after he realised that she was going to kill him right? Oh wait, he didn't.

I'm sorry, Ares gets teleported in a timeloop as soon as the battle begins and he has absolutely 0 feats to suggest he can get out of it.

And again, Strange wasn't fighting Maw for just 20 seconds.

Yes he was?

We only saw 20 seconds of the fight he was fighting him for a few minutes and still lost.

Dude, it was 20 seconds of on-screen time, we don't even know what happened when the camera switched to Tony and Cull. They could've been conversing or threatening each other, what we know is that they only fought for like 20 seconds and Maw couldn't do shit to him other than flinging him around which had no affect on him. He could've easily ended that battle.

He ain't winning against Ares unless he uses the time stone which he doesn't have here.

Yeah nah, he teleports Ares in a time loop or he can just outright demolish him in the mirror dimension.