Archie Sonic vs The Thing (616)

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Archie Sonic vs The Thing (616) (35 votes)

Sonic blitzes 60%
Thing clobbers 29%
Sonic wins only one round 0%
Thing wins only one round 6%
Results 6%
No Caption Provided

R1: In-character

R2: Bloodlusted anything goes

Sonic is in Base form. Who wins?

• 
Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My @tparks, care to give your thoughts? Lol

Neoburrito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

sonic stomps

Elenwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Elenwood

why'd you put Sonic up against a god?

all jokes aside, theres really nothing Thing can do.

AxiomPulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tparks

@lilbroomstick: For once, I think this is actually a great battle with Sonic. He’s going to have to attack Thing about a hundred times to actually do enough damage to him, but there’s an argument to be had that he could be fast enough. Sonic’s also been tagged by street levelers, who aren’t speedsters, and it wasn’t like it didn’t matter when he was hit. You can tell it hurts him. If Thing catches him, which I think he’s capable of, he would one-shot Sonic.

Probably 4-5/10 for Sonic. I’d give him more wins, but I don’t think he can do enough damage to really hurt Thing. Most of his power comes from cutting through robots, and he hasn’t proven he can cut through Thing very well. The actual force of his attacks, also isn’t really that high when fighting someone as durable as Thing. I’d argue Thing would be the most durable character base Sonic has ever fought and actually hurt without any context involved. Probably by a pretty huge amount too.

LightVelox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LightVelox
@tparks said:

@lilbroomstick: For once, I think this is actually a great battle with Sonic. He’s going to have to attack Thing about a hundred times to actually do enough damage to him, but there’s an argument to be had that he could be fast enough. Sonic’s also been tagged by street levelers, who aren’t speedsters, and it wasn’t like it didn’t matter when he was hit. You can tell it hurts him. If Thing catches him, which I think he’s capable of, he would one-shot Sonic.

Probably 4-5/10 for Sonic. I’d give him more wins, but I don’t think he can do enough damage to really hurt Thing. Most of his power comes from cutting through robots, and he hasn’t proven he can cut through Thing very well. The actual force of his attacks, also isn’t really that high when fighting someone as durable as Thing. I’d argue Thing would be the most durable character base Sonic has ever fought and actually hurt without any context involved. Probably by a pretty huge amount too.

Sonic already took an explosion that threw him over 100.000 lightyears away and he didn't suffer more than a few injuries from that, can a single attack from the Thing surpass that? I don't know how strong or durable he is either but sonic scales above Scourge who was said to be able to "spin dash a planet in half"

Also with if we consider Archie Sonic at his strongest(in base form) he has the power of the Billionth Ring which can heal both his body and soul/spirit and can even bring him back if he's erased from reality, and even if some people say this is an outlier, he has survived being turned into ash which is also a decent feat

Sonic has shown plot-induced stupidity which made him be tagged by non-speedster a few times, if we count that we could say "anyone" can tag him as long as he is acting cocky(R1), but in a bloodlusted match that wouldn't happen, even in base he can move at tenths of femtoseconds, run a few laps across several universes and so on, again i don't know much about comic's The Thing but i just wanted to give a few arguments/feats for the debate

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Regular Archie Sonic is overhyped, Thing eventually only needs a proper shot to conclusively take it.

DocNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Base Archie Sonic is an overrated mid tier. He can't hurt Ben and will die from one solid hit.

Sauce_God31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Base archie sonic is pretty inconsistent in terms of power but I know for damn sure ben can’t possibly tag him

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regular Archie Sonic is overhyped, Thing eventually only needs a proper shot to conclusively take it.

You've read Archie Sonic, Professor? If so I'm surprised lol

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 takenstew22  Moderator

Ben ain't gonna hit him if Sonic doesn't wanna be tagged, but a clean hit can take him out. As Prof and Doc said base Archie Sonic is a mid tier and ain't all that much aside from speed obviously.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

I'm not a insane expert or anything but I've read bits here and there out of curiousity.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@professorrespect: Shouldn't Sonic at least win the second round though? If he's bloodlusted he won't hold back his full speed at all. At the very least, there is no way Ben is hitting Sonic if the latter is cutting loose.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Shouldn't Sonic at least win the second round though? If he's bloodlusted he won't hold back his full speed at all. At the very least, there is no way Ben is hitting Sonic if the latter is cutting loose.

The issue is that his shots aren't going to do a load of damage and Ben's kinda the master of holding out for the comeback, long fights are his M.O.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick said:
@professorrespect said:

I'm not a insane expert or anything but I've read bits here and there out of curiousity.

Just curious, do you think Super Sonic is actually close to multiversal then or at least way above "building level"?

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somic crushes. Man that poll... 😆

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@lilbroomstick said:
@professorrespect said:
@lilbroomstick said:
@professorrespect said:

Just curious, do you think Super Sonic is actually close to multiversal then or at least way above "building level"?

Not multiversal by what I've seen.

@kaijuking said:

By what metric? Is this more of that popular contrarianism?

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking said:

By what metric? Is this more of that popular contrarianism?

'looks to the left, looks to the right'

Can I be honest with ya.

'lean in like a lover about to kiss your neck'

I agree with ya.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archie mismatch.

What level do you put base Archie Sonic at?

Blannis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trueblieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By trueblieee

Archie sonic wins. He speed blitzes and outhaxes

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blannis said:

@lilbroomstick: solar system to universal

He contended with solar system and universal characters in base form?

Archie sonic wins. He speed blitzes and outhaxes

What hax?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 takenstew22  Moderator

@lilbroomstick: universal fighting enerjack. his hax is immeasurable speed, invubrabikity, phasing etc. He'd stomp

Are you confusing this with Super Sonic? We're using base form.

TegridyWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As usual, sonic absolutely blitz-stomps if he isn't jobbing.

Someone who was specifically blessed by the Ancient Walkers, and withstood attacks from Super forms or the equivalent of, isn't getting "one-shotted" by the Thing lol. Even if he could, Sonic's passive ring aura has brought him back from being vaped on the spot. It's also protected him from guys like Mammoth Mogul, and allowed him to inflict enough damage to completely stop Mogul from harnessing all of Turbo Tails' energy.

And even without getting into his wacky high end accomplishments (destroying the Quantum Dial, one-shotting a Silver Surfer stand-in); he can at least beat Chaos, who controlled the world's oceans when the planet was blown apart.