Arcann vs Darth Maul

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@freedon_nadd_1:

And what argument has been made, then? The fact that a dude(who isn't even involved in the EU and isn't aware of Maul's EU counterpart) has said that Maul is 'dah boss'. As I said about the 'Sith arts'; it most likely refers to his combat prowess.

Not relevant:

Lucas: That’s a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia

They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@freedon_nadd_1:

See; that's the exact problem I have with all these 'canons'. First of all, I am aware that the movie novels(are now) a part of the Legends. But when these stories were written; they were written in the frame of that said story. You want to tell me that these writers can predict what abilities will Maul have in the next twenty years and who is gonna write him?

What's your point? You're yet to get around the quote.

So, Starkiller was also Vader's apprentice and he didn't learn Starkiller everything he knew.

Your point?

And, actually, the Rule of Two is not really how you portray it:

Nowhere does it state that the Master teaches his apprentice his own skills; more likely that the apprentice has to 'struggle' to discover those powers. That's why the Sith are victims of their own greed. Sith fear to lose their power; they won't share it.

Evidently, that's not how it worked out with Maul and Sidious. Sidious trained Maul to be "one of the most highly trained Sith in all of history", training him in "all forms of Sith arts." You need to prove that Sidious held something back from him, if that's your claim.

As I said about the 'Sith arts'; it most likely refers to his combat prowess.

"All types of Sith arts" is synonymous with "all types of Sith skills."

Sith skills does not just mean "combat prowess", it means all types of Sith skills: combat, Force power and knowledge, political and tactical adroitness, and so on, all of which Maul has displayed. I'm not here to debate basic grammar.

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By Freedon_nadd_1

@i_like_swords

What's your point? You're yet to get around the quote.

My point is that the specific line revolves around the 'ideas' that the writer was thinking, not we(we just associate that line with what we deem to be fitting from EU in the context). And we do not know what the writer was talking about when he/she wrote that line.

Your point?

My point is that the assumption Maul being trained in all the arts of Sith make him more than a tool to Palpatine is right. I mean, if we go by that line. Does that mean Vader is not a true Sith Lord because he wasn't taught everything by Palpatine, or the fact that Bane wanted secretly to know Transference(and not telling Zannah) or other similar cases?

Evidently, that's not how it worked out with Maul and Sidious. Sidious trained Maul to be "one of the most highly trained Sith in all of history", training him in "all forms of Sith arts." You need to prove that Sidious held something back from him, if that's your claim.

Well, let's start(powers he never displayed): Force lightning, Transference, Force drain, midi-chlorian manipulation, Force storm(not wormholes), etc I could probably go on and on.

Maul had the basic abilities of a Force user. I mean, c'mon: everything he did in the EU was to Force choke or Force TK people and slay them with his lightsabre.

You want to disapprove that?

Lucas: That’s a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia

They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible

Keyword: try

And it isn't always a 100% case

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@freedon_nadd_1:

My point is that the assumption Maul being trained in all the arts of Sith make him more than a tool to Palpatine is right. I mean, if we go by that line. Does that mean Vader is not a true Sith Lord because he wasn't taught everything by Palpatine, or the fact that Bane wanted secretly to know Transference(and not telling Zannah) or other similar cases?

Not really, no. It means Vader received whatever documented training he received, same as Zannah. And Vader was trained extensively, so I'm not seeing your point.

Well, let's start(powers he never displayed): Force lightning, Transference, Force drain, midi-chlorian manipulation, Force storm(not wormholes), etc I could probably go on and on.

That he hasn't used lightning doesn't mean he can't, or that he wasn't taught about it, or that him not using it in any way rebukes the quote. Mighella, a Nightsister with extensive knowledge including lightning, shapeshifting and other esoteric disciplines, had "far less" knowledge of the Dark Side than Maul. Lightning has been summoned by novice Dark Jedi, without any training, like Quinlan Vos. The idea that it's some lofty technique is false.

You know what is impressive? Getting cut in half, falling down a reactor core, surviving on a junk planet, subsisting on a diet of raw vermin, and not dying. A feat attributed to Maul because of his "knowledge of the Dark Side." Page me when you've heard of any other Sith doing that.

Maul had the basic abilities of a Force user. I mean, c'mon: everything he did in the EU was to Force choke or Force TK people and slay them with his lightsabre.

That's typically how Force users kill each other, yeah. Sidious has many abilities he is stated to know, but doesn't use - that doesn't mean he doesn't know them.

You clearly have a preconceived idea of what you think Maul is, but the facts tell us that he is "one of the most highly trained Sith of all time" and "trained in all types of Sith arts." That you are unable to accept as much, and wish to engage in hyper-rationalisation, is on you. The burden of evidence is on you.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Erkan12

Regarding to his TK abilities, if you're not satisfied with using the basic Force choke and the basic Force throw on even the Force sensitive beings, this is how great Maul's precision and his familiarity with the Force ;

He flipped away from Obi-Wan, flinging his body through the air to land before a doorway that led to Theed City's power generator. With one hand gripping his lightsaber, he reached out with the Force and seized a large piece of debris from one of the ruined destroyer droids, then launched it at the door's opening mechanism. The mechanism exploded in sparks and the door began to slide open.

The Wrath of Darth Maul
No Caption Provided

And he is doing this in the middle of the duel with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. And then he uses the Force when he is getting cut in half and he still survives. He didn't have any medical droid or someone to help there, it's all about the Force.

Sam Witwer : ''If you look closely at his legs, his spider legs, pieces of it floating off from the surface of his legs... That is because...''

Dave Filoni : ''The Force is what holding his body together...''

''The Sith are consumed with never wanting to die. It's a completely physical thing to them. There is no afterlife for them. Everything exists in the now. They have to stay alive. They fear death more than anyone. That's what makes them so twisted and evil. So Vader holds on to life at the edge of the lava flow, because he is such a condemned for Obi-Wan, such an anger for whose happens in his life. And that same type of focus, hatred what sustains Maul.''

Star Wars Celebration Clone Wars Season Five Premiere (2012)
Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Azronger

It is at this moment, when I finally understand this thread has been irrevoccably ruined by three people too idiotic or biased to understand or acknowledge what the other person is saying.

Maul stomps Arcann until someone provides a decent argument for the Dark Prince. And no, freedon_nadd_1, I won't address your posts as they have been nothing but utter putrid tripe.

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Freedon_nadd_1

@i_like_swords

As far as I recall, Vader was never trained by Palpatine 'physically', nor in the Sith arts(sorcery, Sith powers, etc). Vader always fought his combat droids and trained himself to grow stronger in the Force through hard work and self-discipline. You want to tell me that Palpatine taught Vader everything he knew; and Vader never used those abilities he learned from Palpatine. I find it bs on spot, tbh. Not that I have anything with you.

That he hasn't used lightning doesn't mean he can't, or that he wasn't taught about it, or that him not using it in any way rebukes the quote. Mighella, a Nightsister with extensive knowledge including lightning, shapeshifting and other esoteric disciplines, had "far less" knowledge of the Dark Side than Maul. Lightning has been summoned by novice Dark Jedi, without any training, like Quinlan Vos. The idea that it's some lofty technique is false.

1. So Maul has those abilties(knows about them); and yet he doesn't use them? Does that mean he is not 'powerful' enough to use them. Using this argument, then any Sith, Jedi, Force-user character can use every Force power even if they were not shown to use it. In order to use a logical argument, we have to assume that if a character cannot use a certain ability; it's either because he is not powerful enough, or they have a physical impediment.

2. Where do you get this idea that Mighella has "far less" knowledge of the dark side than Maul, really? I can use the same argument and say just because she hasn't used certain abilities, that does not mean she does not possess them.

I guess even Savage can use Force lightning, Force drain, Sith Battle Meditation, although we have never seen him using it.

3. Wasn't Quinlan Vos trained by Dooku to use Force lightning? Did he use it? I have a lapsus. However, as we were told, Force lightning is an effect of channelling dark emotions into your body and then unleash them in a voracious way. It can be used without training, but in order to control this power, you need to learn it. I mean, the writers could have easily shown us Maul using Force lightning; why didn't they do it, though?

But let's say he can use it and agree with that because anyone can do it.

You know what is impressive? Getting cut in half, falling down a reactor core, surviving on a junk planet, subsisting on a diet of raw vermin, and not dying. A feat attributed to Maul because of his "knowledge of the Dark Side." Page me when you've heard of any other Sith doing that.

You know what is impressive?

Surviving a Mass Shadow Generator blast(Nihilus), survive as a heady Sith(Simus), being alive and in pain while your body is a mummy and getting struck by Jedi on the battlefield(Sion), surviving with a Yuuzhan Vong armor on you(Krayt), when someone lost his legs on Jerec's ship at Qu-Rahn's lightsabre(Maw).

To be fully honest with you, as I listed above, these surviving feats have already been used by some of the Old Republic Sith Lords. I don't see how this makes him the superior Sith?

Are you certain he has fallen and not used the Force to Force-grab himself by something?

That's typically how Force users kill each other, yeah. Sidious has many abilities he is stated to know, but doesn't use - that doesn't mean he doesn't know them.

Apply this case to all characters, then, and you got a mess. However, then why Palpatine knows those abilities, but does not use them? Does that mean he is not strong enough to harness them?

Or are you talking to me about those Force companion manual guides written by writers whatever courses through their heads?

You clearly have a preconceived idea of what you think Maul is, but the facts tell us that he is "one of the most highly trained Sith of all time" and "trained in all types of Sith arts." That you are unable to accept as much, and wish to engage in hyper-rationalisation, is on you. The burden of evidence is on you.

We all have preconceived ideas; that's out of the question.

Those are not facts in what you listed(facts require physical proof in those stories), those are claims/descriptions of the writer/s designed to elevate their characters in the stories and make them special in the eyes of the readers.

Just because I write: "Onaga was the greatest sorcerer of all times, even greater than Quan-Chi himself and the Elder Gods themselves."and there is no proof/feat of his power in the stories to support that description offered by the writer in upcoming stories; then you can't use that as a fact to support your argument. Not only readers can make 'assumptions', you know.

There is a difference between: Maul was trained in all types of Sith arts, one of the most highly trained Sith.

and

Maul was trained in all types of Sith arts, one of the most highly trained Sith. He could summon fierce storms of lighting; channel fire into objects, foresee the future, shatter the stone and iron fabric of enormous structures, enchant his weapons with Sith magic, blitzing the eye of the Jedi Council, if he would ever fight them. . .

You get my idea, I am sure of it.

To be honest, I don't know what we talk about here.

Is it about Darth Maul's abilities, his match against Arcann. about his 'Sith place'?

@erkan12

And he is doing this in the middle of the duel with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. And then he uses the Force when he is getting cut in half and he still survives. He didn't have any medical droid or someone to help there, it's all about the Force.

Neither Sion, nor Nihilus or any of those aforemention have any medical droid or someone to help them there. As you said, it's all about the Force. But that doesn't make him a top-notch Sith.

Regarding to his TK abilities, if you're not satisfied with using the basic Force choke and the basic Force throw on even the Force sensitive beings, this is how great Maul's precision and his familiarity with the Force ;

He flipped away from Obi-Wan, flinging his body through the air to land before a doorway that led to Theed City's power generator. With one hand gripping his lightsaber, he reached out with the Force and seized a large piece of debris from one of the ruined destroyer droids, then launched it at the door's opening mechanism. The mechanism exploded in sparks and the door began to slide open.

I never said he is on Ventress' level(that low). He is clearly tough, but not as tough as people claim him to be. What he did here, could be accomplished by Savage Opress too if he were in his situation.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. Where do you get this idea that Mighella has "far less" knowledge of the dark side than Maul, really? I can use the same argument and say just because she hasn't used certain abilities, that does not mean she does not possess them.

''A moment after Mighella realizes her opponent is a Sith Lord with far superior Dark Side knowledge, she is felled by a lethal slash of Maul's lightsaber.''

Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Freedon_nadd_1

@erkan12 said:
@freedon_nadd_1 said:

''A moment after Mighella realizes her opponent is a Sith Lord with far superior Dark Side knowledge, she is felled by a lethal slash of Maul's lightsaber.''

Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide

In all honesty this doesn't prove Maul had more dark side knowledge than her. You can really see that Mighella holds the Sith Lords in high regards. She just thought Maul was more knowledgeable and knew the dark side better than her when she found out the fact that he could endure her Force lightning and immediately 'realized' he must be a Sith.

"How can you…resist…I know. I know what you must be."―Mighella's last words

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcann wins. Also, bump

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 killbilly  Moderator

I’d have to go with Maul.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul break his legs

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcann by reason of his feats and how he scales due to his heritage.

donloota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donloota said:

@darthor:

Why does Arcann win?

Ragdolling Outlander, being above him in their second confrontation to the point that Outlander needs the amp of Valk

donloota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By donloota

@darthor:

What makes the Outlander stronger than Maul in your opinion?

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donloota said:

@darthor:

Ragdolling Valk who busts temple while weakened, hindered, and tired from fighting an army is one that comes to mind

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcann wins in a good to great fight.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By BreakOfDawn
@darthor said:
@donloota said:

@darthor:

Ragdolling Valk who busts temple while weakened, hindered, and tired from fighting an army is one that comes to mind

He didn't bring down the whole Temple at once. He brought down the chamber and caused a chain reaction that caused the rest to fall apart. It's why the atrium was fine. Also, scaling off the Voice is difficult, given how weakened he was. The HoT also didn't fight an army.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By killbilly  Moderator
@darthor said:
@uhu123 said:

Maul in a close one.

@killbilly said:

reasons?

Maul is far more powerful than his brother Savage who I think you could argue has raw power approaching the level of someone like Arcann not to mention his domination of CW Kenobi who has scaling over several high tier feats himself via his superiority over an early war Ventress.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#225  Edited By ShootingNova

Scaling off the Voice doesn't work since he brings down the Temple even after he dies.

On-topic, Maul wins. They're both veritable prodigies, but Maul has the advantage of some of the best training in the lore. His feats and accolades all put him as one of the top handful of Sith in the mythos and I'm not sure any of Arcann's feats or scaling eclipses that.

CatMan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:
@donloota said:

@darthor:

He didn't bring down the whole Temple at once. He brought down the chamber and caused a chain reaction that caused the rest to fall apart. It's why the atrium was fine. Also, scaling off the Voice is difficult, given how weakened he was. The HoT also didn't fight an army.

ah I see

@darthor said:
@uhu123 said:

Maul in a close one.

@killbilly said:

reasons?

Maul is far more powerful than his brother Savage who I think you could argue has raw power approaching the level of someone like Arcann not to mention his domination of CW Kenobi who has scaling over several high tier feats himself via his superiority over an early war Ventress.

Ventress isn't really that impressive compared to Arcann tbh. And Arcann imo has more raw power than Savage

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By killbilly  Moderator
@darthor said:

Ventress isn't really that impressive compared to Arcann tbh. And Arcann imo has more raw power than Savage

You'd be surprised at some of the feats she scales over tbh. They're no joke in terms of energy output. And I agree that Arcann is above Savage, just not by all that much.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:

You'd be surprised at some of the feats she scales over tbh. They're no joke in terms of energy output. And I agree that Arcann is above Savage, just not by all that much.

I am aware of most of her scaling, none of which is more impressive than Arcann by any means

@killbilly: why are you commenting on a battle post when your a moderator dude? You do realize everyone here hates you moderators because of how bad at your jobs you are?

Why? I don't hate him. Nobody does except for the people who do not abide by forum rules and are likely to get banned

When you can’t even give a simple explanation or reason why you banned someone even if it’s just a sentence you know the moderators need to quit and be replaced. When a random dude like me who doesn’t even know this Website very much can do an infinitely better job BY HIMSELF you know the current mods are TERRIBLE.

This is your second post on the vine. I doubt you even understand the basic rules yet unless you are an alt, in which case you should be banned. They do give explanations, which are usually justified as they follow forum rules

On a side note, there are no reasons to discriminate against the Mods given their status, their say in this thread is what I actually value

I think it would be best if you people don’t bring attention to yourselves because the moderators reputation on here is REALLY bad and I can’t blame the fact that people despise you comicvine mods

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@darthor: I am aware of most of her scaling, none of which is more impressive than Arcann by any means

What would you say his best feats and scaling are iyo?

And thank you for for standing up for me. It was very kind of you. :)

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: I am aware of most of her scaling, none of which is more impressive than Arcann by any means

Ragdolling Anakin, dueling Obi Wan and Anakin together while weakened? Or you can argue for the Saato scaling but consider the fact that Saato was catching Anakin off-guard there

And thank you for for standing up for me. It was very kind of you. :)

No problem

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By killbilly  Moderator
@darthor said:
@killbilly said:

Ragdolling Anakin, dueling Obi Wan and Anakin together while weakened? Or you can argue for the Saato scaling but consider the fact that Saato was catching Anakin off-guard there

Ah, sorry about that. Meant to ask what you thought Arcann's best feats were as opposed to Ventress.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:
@killbilly said:

Ah, sorry about that. Meant to ask what you thought Arcann's best feats were as opposed to Ventress.

ok. Mostly, his best feat is ragdolling Outlander while vastly pre-prime.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 killbilly  Moderator

@darthor said:
@killbilly said:
@darthor said:
@killbilly said:

Could you quote or post the specific instance? Sometimes when people talk about "ragdolling" in SWTOR I've noticed that can at times be a bit of a generous interpretation. Also, how pre-prime was Arcann iyo?

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor said:
@killbilly said:
@darthor said:
@killbilly said:

Could you quote or post the specific instance? Sometimes when people talk about "ragdolling" in SWTOR I've noticed that can at times be a bit of a generous interpretation. Also, how pre-prime was Arcann iyo?

He was several years pre-prime if we assume his prime is EoO. And Arcann most certainly did ragdoll:

(KotFE:VIII) Arcann telekineticaly dominated the Outlander.

No Caption Provided

(KotFE:VIII) Arcann plastered the Outlander against a wall.

No Caption Provided

(KotFE:VIII:LS) Arcann telekinetically pulled and stabbed the Outlander.

No Caption Provided

(KotFE:XVI) Arcann brought an empowered Outlander to his knees.

No Caption Provided

(KotFE:XVI) Arcann, while immensely injured, pushed back Vaylin.

No Caption Provided

(KotFE:VIII) Arcann frequently released bursts of energy that threw back the Outlander.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(KotFE:VIII) Arcann casually disarmed the Outkander with the Force.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-61bbcfa4a470d
deactivated-61bbcfa4a470d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Film characters weren't meant to be OP

The EU came after them (obviously)

GL doesn't care about power levels or extreme power

(Tier 13) Crucible Luke >>> FoTJ Luke > LoTF Luke > NJO Luke > DE Luke > RoTJ Luke = Yoda >> Fisto > Knight > Padawan > Youngling/Initiate (> = medium difficulty)

That is Luke's growth it's tiny really even though he can TP dominate Yoda

Arcann inherits potential from Vitiate who has the Force reserves relative to the volume on a planet

Kun who drained at keast 2000 Massassi who are Initiate/Padawan level is worth 500 Fistos

Arcann ragdolls nearly all of ToR and Maul

Anthony41010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight but ill go arcann but maul could win as well probably