JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JThree47693

Situation 1: Wonder Woman 
Situation 2: How good is Diana as a swimmer?
Sleuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sleuth

Wonder Woman should take this without much trouble in both scenarios. Even in the ocean, she still has the huge speed advantage.

Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123

They're similar in strength (at least in the ocean) but I thought Aquaman might be faster in the ocean, but i could be wrong.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
1. Wonder Woman wins 

2. Wonder Woman wins... but Barely
BillyBonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BillyBonzo

Wonder Women takes both 

Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Ellocobruja

Which Aquaman 
Water Hand? 
Angry Hook Hand? 
Standard Aquman.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xan84

WW is about in strength as Superman so my question is when was the last time Aquaman helped pull the earth ? 
In the water WW is way faster then Aquaman she has near light speed his got what ? super swim speed ? lol
Diana wins preaty easy in both scenarious ...
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By NightFang3
@King Saturn said:
"1. Wonder Woman wins 

2. Wonder Woman wins... but Barely "
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TruePwnge
@JThree47693 said:
" How good is Diana as a swimmer? "
not good enough to stop Aquaman from calling 5000 sea creatures for firepower support or fast enough to stop him entering her mind and giving her a seizure
Aquaman seems to be evolving into a telepathy dude with feats that can stomp her
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xan84
@TruePwnge said:
" @JThree47693 said:
" How good is Diana as a swimmer? "
not good enough to stop Aquaman from calling 5000 sea creatures for firepower support or fast enough to stop him entering her mind and giving her a seizure Aquaman seems to be evolving into a telepathy dude with feats that can stomp her "

She has no need to swim .... she can fly ... And what are some fish going to do to WW ?? Also she can grab him and fly him in space BFR. Again when was the last time he helped pull a planet and can keep up with some1 as fast as Flash ....
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Static Shock
@Th3 FlAsH 123 said:

" They're similar in strength (at least in the ocean)

They aren't. Aquaman may be stronger in the ocean, but he's still outclassed by Wonder Woman either way.
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JThree47693

I give both to Wonder Woman
Avatar image for liquidsnakezero
LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero
Isn't Wonder Woman like crafted from clay? I was reading this JUSTICE comic book and she was like falling apart and dying. So wouldn't Aquaman seriously destroy her in the water? He is under estimated all the time. I haven't found any scans but i've heard on more then one occasion he lifted Atlantis. 

Besides he can venture to the depths of the Ocean. So his body can withstand thousands of tons of pressure per square inch. Wouldn't he rip her apart like paper? 

In scenerio 1 he could win simply because he has the strength and is developing into a strong telepath. 

In scenerio 2 he would win with ease. 

Plus if this is the Aquaman with the Lady of The Lake water hand then he could easily crush and or drown her.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock
@LiquidSnakeZero said:
" Isn't Wonder Woman like crafted from clay? I was reading this JUSTICE comic book and she was like falling apart and dying.
She was crafted from clay, but was given life (and flesh) by Gods. She's not going to fall apart in water, because she's not 'clay'.

@LiquidSnakeZero said:
"So wouldn't Aquaman seriously destroy her in the water? He is under estimated all the time. I haven't found any scans but i've heard on more then one occasion he lifted Atlantis.  
He's still outclassed in water. She pulled 1/3 of the Earth's weight. That > Atlantis.

@LiquidSnakeZero said:
" In scenerio 1 he could win simply because he has the strength and is developing into a strong telepath. 

He' s not strong enough, though. He's physically outclassed in everything else too...

@LiquidSnakeZero said:
"In scenerio 2 he would win with ease. 

The outcome would be the same. 

@LiquidSnakeZero said:
"Plus if this is the Aquaman with the Lady of The Lake water hand then he could easily crush and or drown her. "

He would still lose with it. She moves and reacts faster than he does. She's gonna KO him before he can even think to use it.
aranido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By aranido

Situation 1: On land
I will have to give it to AQUAMAN using his telephatic and magic in his hand.

Situation 2: In the ocean 

Aquaman will destroy her in the water.  
he lifted Atlantis. He is in his element pluss he can call anyone in there. Wonder woman can not breath under water.
he could easily crush and or drown her.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Nighthunter

This is a way better fight than most people give it credit for. Hook aquaman was able to stomp the JLE (with Wonder Woman) outside water quite easily on his own and he is even more dangerous in water.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By velle37

WW both rounds.....
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By Pokeysteve

Which Wonder Woman? The one most of us miss or the current one?

UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By UltraHeroix

I say Wonder Woman for both rounds but the second round would be very difficult for her.

Avatar image for sausageconhuevos
Sausageconhuevos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sausageconhuevos

This has already happened :3 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source;=web&cd;=1&ved;=0CCsQtwIwAA&url;=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpGW7BkKlqgM&ei;=dtiMUJSvNuKYyAHT_4GoDw&usg;=AFQjCNFqg2adOe5NWqqe55x9rEwS6GJyrQ Aquaman's the shit :D

aranido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By aranido

I think you guys are totally wrong. Aquaman is faster and stronger in his element (Water) than WW. Sorry guys, cuz WW has a huge fan club :).

Aquaman already took WW down more than one time : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGW7BkKlqgM

Now in Land, probably is goes either way.....

:)

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BlackWind

On land, definitely Wonder Woman. Underwater, Aquaman, especially if he drags/lures her a few miles beneath the surface.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By The_Thunderer

@BlackWind said:

On land, definitely Wonder Woman. Underwater, Aquaman just

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By comicfan11

Preboot.

WW on land

AQ in the ocean

Postboot

WW on land

AQ in the ocean.

And If someone could provide even a single swimming feat for WW would be appreciated.

The faster I have seen her swim was in some Golden Age comic where she was "swifter than dolphins" or smthing.

Because she has no feats whatsoever to suggest she can keep up with AQ underwater who has feats like 10000 feet per second preboot and hypersonic (between Mach 5 and Mach 10) speed postboot.

Unless someone can provide an actual on panel feat, her swimming speed is just speculation (due to her flying speed which is granted by Hermes, i don't recall Poseidon blessing her in a similar way)

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 18hunt

@aranido said:

I think you guys are totally wrong. Aquaman is faster and stronger in his element (Water) than WW. Sorry guys, cuz WW has a huge fan club :).

Aquaman already took WW down more than one time : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGW7BkKlqgM

LIKE A BOSS

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Stronger

Wonder Woman takes both most likely.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rolldestroyer

wonder woman both rounds

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lilben42
No Caption Provided
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokeysteve

@aranido said:

I'm going to take the smiley face to mean you're kidding.

@comicfan11 said:

Preboot.

WW on land

AQ in the ocean

Postboot

WW on land

AQ in the ocean.

And If someone could provide even a single swimming feat for WW would be appreciated.

The faster I have seen her swim was in some Golden Age comic where she was "swifter than dolphins" or smthing.

Because she has no feats whatsoever to suggest she can keep up with AQ underwater who has feats like 10000 feet per second preboot and hypersonic (between Mach 5 and Mach 10) speed postboot.

Unless someone can provide an actual on panel feat, her swimming speed is just speculation (due to her flying speed which is granted by Hermes, i don't recall Poseidon blessing her in a similar way)

Why are you so focused on speed? She killed Poseidon's son underwater which was his element. She only needs to get her hands on him.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By comicfan11

@lilben42: An issue (WW story that had most of the JL slightly jobbing) where she had one sided prep against the JLA and none of the members even expected her to act like this. GL even asks what's happening after she attacks him once. So it's basically WW against people who don't fight back because they think she went nuts.

Proves nothing, apart from the next scan where AQ breaks free from her grapple.

He has tanked her punches before (Aquaman #16) when he took on the entire JL at the time.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By comicfan11

@Pokeysteve:

I'm focused on speed (where AQ has a huge advantage in the sea) because he only needs to be faster than WW to win with the Trident.

As for Triton. A few points.

The Triton WW killed was depowered from Poseidon after his treachery. Forgot to mention that?

On the other hand AQ beat Triton in a straight fight when Triton was still a Godling. That same Triton was stronger than WW as shown in Aquaman Annual (year one) when he abducted WW from Paradise Island and she was only saved by Aquaman.

And in the Triton story WW used a breathing device also, which would make thing much easier for AQ.

And I'm still waiting for a single WW swimming feat.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Does Diana still posses super speed?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW easily.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By charlieboy

I think Diana wins this.

Alyssabird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alyssabird

@logy5000 said:

WW easily.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pokeysteve

@comicfan11 said:

@Pokeysteve:

I'm focused on speed (where AQ has a huge advantage in the sea) because he only needs to be faster than WW to win with the Trident.

As for Triton. A few points.

The Triton WW killed was depowered from Poseidon after his treachery. Forgot to mention that?

On the other hand AQ beat Triton in a straight fight when Triton was still a Godling. That same Triton was stronger than WW as shown in Aquaman Annual (year one) when he abducted WW from Paradise Island and she was only saved by Aquaman.

And in the Triton story WW used a breathing device also, which would make thing much easier for AQ.

And I'm still waiting for a single WW swimming feat.

When was he depowered? I didn't forget I just didn't know. I don't remember them referencing that in the 2-parter from her 2nd volume. I haven't read the Aquaman annual issue so I can't comment on that either. With the breathing device I think it's implied she'll be fine underwater. It's about the fighting. Like when battle locations are in space or any other non-breathable place.

I still don't see why you'd need a swimming feat. She's fast enough to block a blitz from Superman. That should be enough to handle anything Aquaman can do.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By comicfan11

@Pokeysteve: It was mentioned in the AQ comics If I remember correctly that Triton was stripped from his "godhood" or smthing along those lines.

Also I want a speed feat because her speed is granted by Hermes. That doesn't translate to swimming speed automatically. In the same way that AQ is superfast on land but nowhere near as fast as he is in water.

Translating her land and flying speed to automatic Aquaman level speed underwater is completely speculative and not supported by the character's (WW) history.

It's like me saying that because AQ has Mach 5 speed swimming he automatically can move that fast on land.

And the point is that because AQ is definitely faster underwater he can take WW out with the trident.

And this is not counting anything that he can summon to distract her.

Plus for people unconvinced that WW and AQ are closer to strength than most think there is also the Flashpoint fight (apart from the JL 15 brief fight) where AQ had the advantage underwater and then was defeating WW on land (before she was saved by Captain Thunder).

And Flashpoint for the duration of the event WAS the main DCU. It was the same characters with the same powers, but with some changed events due to Zoom. But AQ and WW still had the same powers.

No Caption Provided
comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By comicfan11

@Evil Incarnate: She has the "bullet deflecting" speed and 2 running feats in her series I believe. And some nice jumping feats also. But nothing so far like her Preboot self where she could tag the Flash or was thought to be faster reflex wise than Supes.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@comicfan11 said:

@Pokeysteve: It was mentioned in the AQ comics If I remember correctly that Triton was stripped from his "godhood" or smthing along those lines.

Also I want a speed feat because her speed is granted by Hermes. That doesn't translate to swimming speed automatically. In the same way that AQ is superfast on land but nowhere near as fast as he is in water.

Translating her land and flying speed to automatic Aquaman level speed underwater is completely speculative and not supported by the character's (WW) history.

It's like me saying that because AQ has Mach 5 speed swimming he automatically can move that fast on land.

And the point is that because AQ is definitely faster underwater he can take WW out with the trident.

Plus for people unconvinced that WW and AQ are closer to strength than most think there is also the Flashpoint fight (apart from the JL 15 brief fight) where AQ had the advantage underwater and then was defeating WW on land (before she was saved by Captain Thunder).

And Flashpoint for the duration of the event WAS the main DCU. It was the same characters with the same powers, but with some changed events due to Zoom. But AQ and WW still had the same powers.

No Caption Provided

Many would actually claim that to PIS/CIS. He had a good showing against someone who regularly does things out of his strength league. Most woudln't take this as standard.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By comicfan11

@Evil Incarnate: I disagree of course since AQ has beaten multiple class 100 (going by Marvel's standards) characters before.

One of them being Olympian, AKA Greek Superman. AQ beat him in h2h out of water.

Also the Deep Six who have been on panel stated to be in "Superman's class".

And Triton who had already been shown to be at least in WW's class.

The list goes on.

Just because people are more familiar with WW feats does not make AQ's any less valid.

And the fight in Flashpoint is further in accordance with AQ's fight in JL 15. Written by the same writer (Johns) who is the main "architect" of the entire DCU.

It doesn't get more valid than that.

TheTmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheTmac

Could he drown WW in round 2?

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By comicfan11

@TheTmac: Until there is proof that WW can breath (not hold her breath) underwater, theoretically yes.

Avatar image for essentialtonystark
Essentialtonystark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think that Wonder Woman wins in both battles

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Om4zd

WW takes 1

Aquaman takes 2

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BlackWind

@comicfan11: Didn't Wonder Woman used to have earrings in the Silver Age from Poseidon that allowed her to breathe underwater?

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By comicfan11

@BlackWind: This must have been discontinued since there are multiple occasions where she needs a breathing device.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlackWind

@comicfan11: Just Silver Age silliness.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By spiderbuck1

@comicfan11 said:

No Caption Provided

WOW. Damn good showing for Aquaman!!

Still going with WW on land for the majority.

In water, no doubt AM in takes it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#50  Edited By Outside_85

In a book not written by Geoff Johns, Wonder Woman, both rounds.